Different IRL

By junieb2112

Luna is your not so typical college freshman looking forward to the opposite of new adventures. She likes qui... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25

Chapter 8

155 11 0
By junieb2112

Monday always comes way too fast. One moment it's Friday night and the next it's Monday morning. It's a cruel reality. I should have tried to be a YouTuber. Of course I don't know what type of videos I would exactly create that would be considered fresh. It seems like nowadays, there isn't anything I haven't already seen. I mean, I think there hasn't. Either way, me being famous is not in my future and I'm just fine with it. Kind of. Me not being famous means many early Monday mornings. Blah. I need coffee.

Kiki was an early riser, we're talking old people level, and already left our place an hour ago. Right now she's probably in the art room creating monstrosities to torture me with. I keep forgetting to ask her who she sold her painting to. I'll have to remember to ask. Before heading to class, I grab a black coffee. I need something strong. I couldn't sleep last night and wasted many hours playing on my phone. My morning beverage was a definite need.

I make it to class ahead of most everyone and slide into my seat. Mrs. Minty, ever in a different shade of green, ignores me. Someday I'll gain up the courage to ask her about her green obsession. She seriously only wears green.

The classroom starts filling in including Kiki who awkwardly takes her seat along side of me. I help her settle her portfolio behind us. Lord help me, I can only guess as to what she's painted on that canvas.

"What is it?" I whisper.

She grins. "You'll see."

That's just it. I don't want to see it.

Mrs. Minty closes the door and starts droning on about King Henry VIII's second wife, Anne Boleyn. She really should have stayed away from the king. Because I know quite a lot about the Tudor dynasty, I feel myself starting to doze with boredom. Kiki kicks me, but I wave her off. Can't she see a girl needs her morning nap? We sit in the back far enough for me to be relatively hidden compliments of the boy who sits in front of me. I think he's a basketball player.

Just as I'm about to resume my zombie like state, a loud knock on the door startles me to full alertness. Much like high school, the classroom doors are locked and so Mrs. Minty is interrupted to open the door. My eyes grow at who I see sauntering in. Satan.

"What's Satan doing here?" I breathe.

Kiki shrugs and waves at him. What the hell is she doing? He smirks at her while handing a piece of paper over to Mrs. Minty. Don't tell me he's in this class now? Yup. He's headed our way. I glance over at Kiki who pushes the chair out for him with her booted foot.

"Wassup!" She whisper chirps.

Wassup? Wassup?! What the frick! Since when are they friends? She better be spilling all the tea after class or so help me God, I'll hold her portfolio hostage. I don't care how ugly her painting is.

"Hey."

Satan leans over Kiki to smirk and wink at me. Wink! I try to mask my large eyes, but judging from the dimple now appearing on his cheek, he definitely sees my surprise. Does he see my blush? I know I'm blushing because my face feels like it's on fire. Of course he can see my blush. Why does he have such an affect on me? Oh, I know why. He's hotter than hell!

"What's in the case?" He whispers at Kiki, his eyes on the large black portfolio.

She whispers, "A masterpiece of course. You'll definitely want this one too."

What. My face is deadpan, I know. Kiki sold her demon hell painting to him?! To him of all people. Of course she sold it to him. He is Satan after all. It's apropos. I can't help the sigh that manages to escape. This can only mean one thing for my best friend. She now has a new client. I wonder how this will affect me because it will. I just know it.

"Stop frowning. You'll get lines," Kiki warns.

"Were you gonna tell me he bought your painting?"

She shrugs. I roll my eyes. She never ceases to amaze me. I'm starting to question the basis of our relationship. I really need to have a talk with this girl.

"...and we are going to pair up for this project."

Mrs. Minty interrupts my thoughts. What the hell are we supposed to be doing? I look to Kiki for help, but she's busy playing DragonVale on her phone. DragonVale? Really? Who plays that anymore? Heck, who am I kidding? I still play it. Tee hee.

"Shy, please pair up with Kiki. Luna will pair up with...Tito there in front of you, sweetie, Jennifer pair up..."

Tito swivels around in his seat and gives me a huge grin. I can't help but blush and look away from him.

"Luna's my partner."

The room falls silent as Shy's voice takes command. I can't stop myself from leaning over and meeting his gaze ignoring all of the curious stares around us. He winks at me and settles himself back against his chair satisfied.

"Uh...alright, Shy," Mrs. Minty falters. "Kiki, is that okay with you?"

"Absolutely."

"Well, I'm not okay with this. I want Luna for my partner," Tito argues.

"Too fucking bad. Now turn around high tops," Shy's jaw clenches.

My throat has dried out. It's so dry in fact, I can't swallow. Instinct brings my hand to my neck in a panic as my eyes dart between the two boys. Kiki doesn't miss my panic attack signs and starts to rub my back, assuring me with a wink of her own.

"Whatever, man."

Sagging in my chair, I'm relieved when Tito gives up. I'm also pretty sure the teacher is equally so. Shy is not someone who looks to be trifled with. Biting my lip, I know I shouldn't stereotype him, but I can't help myself. I mean looking at Shy, anyone would instantly label him a bad boy. And what bad boy couldn't hold his own in a fight? Otherwise, he wouldn't be labeled a bad boy. Right?

I really need to focus on the project at hand. It definitely has something to do with the Tudor dynasty. At least I know that much. It's definitely more than what Kiki and Shy know. I bet Tito knows. His head was facing forward before the teacher paired us up. I can't ask him. Satan over yonder might just kill me. Can't have that. My best friend needs me in her life still.

"We have thirty minutes left. Pair up and set up a plan with each other," says Mrs. Minty.

Oh God. Oh God. Oh God. I do not want to pair up. I don't want to have to talk to him again. Not that I really had much of a conversation. It was more like small talk. Very small talk. Miniature talk, really. How am I supposed to plan a whole project with this guy and keep my cool all at the same time? This is going to be a complete and utter failure. Fudge my life. Double fudge it.

Tito stands up and makes his way to my aisle at the same time Kiki stands and motions for me to take her seat. We leave her portfolio where it is, and I settle into her seat taking note of the hot plastic. What the heck? How is her ass that hot? Before I can ask her, Tito sits down right next to me. Wait. What? Ugh! I crane my neck to see Kiki smirking. She moved down a space on purpose knowing it would piss Shy off having Tito sitting next to me. I give her my what the frick look to which she shrugs. Tito smiles at me.

"Hang on," Shy's voice rumbles.

Shy moves his seat over a few feet, then pulls my chair next to his so that I'm no longer within touching distance of Tito. Can we say kindergarten much? Jeeze. What is up with him? What makes him think he can just stake his claim. There's no mistaking that's what he's doing, and I'm not so sure I know how to deal with it. Silence is golden.

"Now I can concentrate. So we need to write a paper on one of Henry's wives."

What? He was paying attention? No way. No freaking way. Jeeze. I suck. Get it together.

"Ye...yeah," I reply weak enough for my voice to come out as a pathetic whisper.

"I feel like we shouldn't pick one. The history of all of his wives as a whole is very significant to the big picture of the Tudor dynasty. We need to do them all."

WHAT! ALL?! What is wrong this guy? Is he psycho? Calm down, Luna. Calm down. Breathe in and out, in and out. Okay. I'm okay. It's fine. Pff. "That's a lot of research, Shy."

"Just because you have the next four years a head of you, doesn't mean I do. I'm a straight A student, Luna. I'm not about to be anything less in my last year."

"I didn't...wait. You know I'm a freshman?" I squeak not meaning to squeak just now.

"Of course I know."

Twisting my blouse, I can't help but wonder how he knows. Am I that obvious? I don't run to my classes. I two strap my backpack. I know where I'm going on campus. I don't live in the Freshman dorms. How does he know this?!

His large hand covers mine instantly stopping the abuse to my shirt and igniting my entire body into a five alarm fire. Forgot. How. To breathe. Body. Needs. Air. My God his hand is warm and rough and oh so right against my skin. Glancing down, I'm mesmerized by the swirling black ink on his hand. As fast as he spreads his warmth throughout me, I'm left cold when his hand leaves mine to pick up his pen. Please touch me again.

"I think we should simply start in the order in which he married them."

His gray eyes pierce mine and a smirk lifts his lips. His lips are full and plump. They look soft. I've never been kissed before. I wonder how they would feel against my own lips? His shoulder presses against mine, and I realize he's leaning into me. My eyes snap up to his.

"Breathe, Luna."

His minty breath softly brushes against my lips somehow leaving me feeling as if I have been kissed. Static flows through me from my head right down to my core where I press my thighs together.

His tongue peaks out from between his lips and his teeth catches not only my eyes, but also the piercing jutting through his tongue. His mouth turns up in a knowing grin. Yup. This guy knows exactly what he's doing. Me and Kiki weren't wrong. He definitely is Satan and if I don't get it together, I'm gonna be in trouble.

"Umm...I agree."

"Cool," he stands up and packs his stuff.

Is class already over with for the day? What just happened? Before I can say anything more, Shy has left the room along with most of everyone else. I shuffle my way back over to Kiki and start helping her pack up the big mess of papers her and Tito created. What the heck happened? It looks like a tornado went through their materials.

"So," Kiki elbows me. "Whatcha guys talk about?"

"Henry's wives. What else?" I shrug.

"Oh, bullshit. I saw him pretty much eye fucking you over there. And the way he claimed you. Damn, girl, he wants in your pants."

"Shut up," I hiss looking around hoping no one heard my friend. I was happy to see the room empty. "He knows I'm a freshman."

"Pff. No big surprise there. He knows what's up."

After leaving class and attending the rest of the day, I'm happy the rest of it is uneventful. While there were no more run ins with Shy, I couldn't concentrate or think of anything else other than the way he looked and spoke to me. The whisper was the biggest memory I kept replaying in my mind causing my stomach to perform various somersaults. Never have I felt like that before. It was a dangerous way to feel. No wonder girls were always getting hurt. It was an easy thing to have happen, I'm sure. Well, it wasn't going to happen to me.

Shy was a Satan level rating. That means dangerous. There's no way I'm going to head into danger the way humans tend to do. As a result, my heart and body is safe from harm. All I need to do is deal with him for one class and one project. No biggie. And now with the end of the day at hand and homework completed, it's time for some rest and relaxation.

"I wonder who's on AnimeSpeak?" I plop down onto my bed and log on.

Huh. No one. I might as well collect all of my berries and coins. The more coins I have, the more mini games I can play within the app to gain prizes. Prizes consist of little outfits and accessories for my avatar to wear along with secret forests to unlock. This game is so cute, I swear to god. I also love the fact that I'm able to meet people who love talking about anime. Since Kiki isn't as interested as I am, it's nice to have someone.

Just then the notification bell within the game chimes alerting me to a private message. It's from the new girl! Aela. The message is pretty short. It reads...Hi. I can't help but laugh. Short and to the point. I check her status and it says she's online. Cool. I'll send the same message back. Her reply is instant, and basic. Asking me how I am and how things have been going. Nothing too weird or out of the ordinary. I wonder if she's had an opportunity to check out Kamisama Kiss.

Rose: Check out any new anime lately?

Aela: I've checked out Dr. Stone. Hbu?

Rose: OMG I love Dr. Stone! What episode are u on?

Aela: Only watched through episode five, so no spoilers please.

Rose: No worries. I'll confess I'm up to episode twenty, but no worries. I won't tell u anything.

Aela: Lol. Thanks. So I hope you don't mind me private messaging you.

Rose: Umm...no. Y would I?

Aela: Oh. I don't know. I'm not too sure about how the etiquette of this game goes. Lol.

Rose: Ah. No worries. Have u watched Kamisama Kiss yet?

Aela: Not gonna lie, I haven't. Lol.

Rose: It's okay. But I do highly recommend it. It's my absolute favorite!

Aela: I pinky promise I will. I've been so busy with school. It makes me crazy.

Rose: OMG. Tell me about it. Today was the worst for me!

Aela: Really? How so?

Rose: I have a group project that's going to be the death of me. I hate working in groups.

Aela: I hear ya.

Rose: There's just no control. I mean, if u give your partner their part and they don't do it, you're screwed.

Aela: Right?! There's no way I'd ever let anyone mess up my perfect gpa.

Rose: You're straight A?

Aela: Mhm.

Rose: Pff. I'm not.

Aela: I guess As come easy for me. They always have.

Rose: So you're a brainiac kid?

Aela: I guess you could say that.

Rose: No thanks. The better u do, the higher expectation u have on u. I made sure to never be like that.

Aela: Are you sure you aren't a brainiac yourself?

Rose: Lol. *shrugs*

Aela: So what's your project about?

Rose: Ugh. History project. I'm good at history, but sometimes it can be boring. You know what I mean?

A few minutes tick by with no response from Aela. I wonder if she's away from her keyboard or something came up to where she can't answer me. Weird. Our conversation was pretty fluid and now it just stopped. I hate when that happens. Am I suppose to hang out and wait or log off? Oh wait...

Aela: I hear ya. It's ten o'clock already. If I remember correct it's the same time by you, right?

Rose: Oh yeah. We must live in the same time zone. Small world.

Aela: Very. Who knew I'd find someone who lives in the same area as me.

Rose: Don't know about the area, but definitely time zone. Lol.

Was she trying to figure out what state I live in? Should I tell her? I feel a little red flag go up in the back of my mind. Should I listen to it? I don't know. Maybe I'll hold off.

Aela: Well my town is pretty small.

She's definitely fishing. I suppose she's just curious. I can't really blame her for being just as curious as I am about her. She says she's from a small town. So am I. It doesn't really mean anything. There are hundreds of small towns in America. That isn't anything major or uncommon to reveal.

Rose: Me too. America is full of small towns after all.

Aela: That's for sure. Especially in my state.

Rose: Well, I should probably log off for the night. It's getting late, n I cn never fall asleep without some sort of meditation app playing. LOL!

Aela: Have a great night. Talk to you soon!

Rose: K!

Is it weird that Aela was fishing for my location? I know I'm second guessing myself on this. I can't shake the weird feeling I have in the pit of my stomach. Really, I want to talk to Kiki about this but if I do that she'll freak and warn me against talking to Aela. I like Aela and really do want to get to know her better. And, it is a safe environment. It's not like she has a spy cam on me or can find where I'm living. There's no way as long as I don't give out too much personal information. Sticking to talking about anime is the way to go.

I snuggle down into my blankets and settle myself for the night feeling a bit dozy. There's no need to think about the app anymore. It's a harmless game full of harmless conversation. Any worry over it is a silly waste of my time.

What I really should be thinking about is a pair of gray eyes and full lips. My cheeks heat up as the memory of his sexy grin and minty breath pleasantly replay in my mind like the favorite part of a book read one too many times.

-#-

Author's Note:

Hi y'all! Hope you enjoyed this little three pack of chapters to start the week off with. If you enjoyed it, please hit the vote button. See you next time!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

200K 8.3K 26
Ofelia has just escaped from her abusive boyfriend who happens to be a rogue. Her and her boyfriend aren't each other's mates but promised to stay to...
72.7K 1.4K 45
Lilly Thatcher is a 21-year-old university student. She's your classic goody two shoes reader girl. She was sweet and innocent to everyone she knew...
52.2K 2.6K 24
Alpha Rogan, is the Head Elder of the Wolf Council's son, who eventually will take his father's place. He has recently returned from being away for a...
210K 6.4K 58
"You're my favorite thing." He croaked. "You're all I have left . . . I don't know what I would do if you left me." *** A story built on coffee, awk...