Challenge | Adam Banks

De riiwriting

" Seriously, Park, why do you have to challenge every single thing that comes out of my mouth? " " No one els... Mais

CAST
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE [END]
THANK YOU

NINE

3.2K 95 49
De riiwriting

Just as everyone had predicted, Eden Hall's varsity team swept the floor with their opponents. Adam scored once, causing Julie, Charlie, and their friends to go wild. Jett scored twice, as did Rick, and while Rosa and Mabel were quite enthusiastic, Delanie hardly quirked a smile. She did clap for Nigel's goal, and she whooped along with her two best friends as the in-arena announcer gave Scooter props for his shut-out. While it wasn't ideal, Delanie did begrudgingly admit to herself that she had fun. Or at least, it beat sitting in her dorm alone.

Julie and Charlie split off from their team to walk with Delanie and her friends as they exited the rink. "So? Did you hate it?" Julie asked playfully, nudging her roommate's arm.

Delanie rolled her eyes, but did find herself making sure that Mabel and Rosa were preoccupied with Charlie before lowering her voice and eyes. "It... wasn't awful," she started, but quickly cut off Julie's quiet celebration, "But! It wasn't ideal. Not my favorite thing. And I still hate all of them."

Julie laughed, "Hey, I'll take it." The pair rejoined their other friends, worming themselves into the conversation being had. As the five students meandered out of the building and through campus, Delanie found herself liking Charlie and Julie more and more. Julie was a bit quiet at times, but she was agreeable. Charlie was just a ray of sunshine, and Delanie found it hard to ever imagine him on ice skates. Maybe she was beginning to change her mind about hockey players.

Maybe.

But then she thought of her brother and his friends and Adam, and she was reminded of all of the reasons why she didn't like them or the sport. Two good ones didn't necessarily change everything. But she was trying to give them a shot.

At the very least, she was willing to accept the fact that her generalization wasn't always accurate, but that didn't necessarily make it completely inaccurate, either.

After a little while, Charlie excused himself from the girls, explaining that he had to go find Adam and Fulton to head home. Rosa and Mabel told him to extend their congratulations to Adam, and Julie hugged her friend before bidding him goodbye. Charlie waved as he left, and the girls watched to make sure he was safe until he was out of view. Then they turned and made their way to their dorms, chatting aimlessly about classes and boys and the whole nine yards.

It was peaceful. Enjoyable. Delanie found herself realizing that she had never quite had friends like these.

And it was nice.

--

The next morning brought the first Saturday of the school year, and Delanie was both grateful and completely lost. She woke up much later than she typically had to for classes, and was slow as she moved about the small dorm room. Julie was still wrapped up in her sheets, so Delanie tried to be as quiet as she possibly could. However, when she knocked a book off of her dresser as she was trying to open a drawer that had stuck, the blonde stirred. With a grunt, she pushed herself into a sitting position, finger combing her messy hair away from her face. She turned to Delanie with a drowsy yawn, "Mornin' Lanie."

Delanie grimaced, "Sorry for waking you. Stupid drawers..." she angrily tugged with all of her might, causing the drawer to finally fly open, exposing her jeans. She grumpily removed a fresh pair of pants and slammed the door closed, causing her roommate to laugh. She then found her bath towel, which was folded neatly by the door.

"Are you headed to the showers?" Julie asked, stretching her neck and back. When Delanie nodded, Julie got out of bed and began to scramble through her own belongings for an outfit. "I'll walk with you, otherwise I might never get out of bed."

Delanie laughed and waited patiently for her new friend as she stumbled around in search of her slippers. When the blonde was finally ready, the pair left their room, nearly bumping into Mabel as she left her own dorm. "Good morning!" Mabel nearly shouted, a chipper smile on her face. If there's one thing she was good for, it was her ever-present enthusiasm. Julie and Delanie murmured their greetings in a much quieter way, and when Mabel discovered that they had the same destination in mind, she joined their trek through the dormitory. Mabel chattered on and on for their entire walk down the hallway, causing the other two girls to exchanged humored, yet tired looks. Delanie loved her friend, but she was fairly happy when they reached the communal bathroom, as it gave her the opportunity to quietly wake herself up. A warm shower was all she could hope for right now.

--

After finishing their morning routines, Mabel and Delanie headed back together, as Julie had already disappeared in a different direction to go find her teammates. The pair discussed their plans for the day (specifically for breakfast) for a few moments before deciding to go find Rosa.

"I don't suppose you happen to remember her dorm number, do ya?" Mabel asked as she sauntered down the hallway, her arms swinging at her sides.

Delanie rolled her eyes, "Of course I do. I couldn't rely on you to remember, could I?" She was joking, of course, but Mabel still feigned hurt.

She elbowed her friend, "Hey! I have a great memory! I just only use it for important stuff."

"So our friend's address isn't important?" Delanie joked, causing Mabel to redden. Realizing she was only going to make the teasing worse, she shut her mouth, and just followed Delanie as she lead the way to their third musketeer's dorm.

Once they had picked up their sleepy friend, Mabel suggested that they made their way to the cafeteria for breakfast. Figuring that they had no other means of food, considering they didn't have much money, the other two agreed. The trek across campus was a short one, but somehow Mabel had told two entire stories.

"Wait wait wait, you mean to tell me that your sister actually met Brad Pitt?" Rosa asked, her tone clearly disbelieving.

If Mabel was lying, she was fantastic at hiding it. She nodded profusely, her expression just as bewildered as Rosa's. "I shit you not, dude. And I wasn't there! I could've been there, but I wasn't! All because I had the stupid flu!"

Delanie chuckled as she pushed the doors to the cafeteria open, though her laughter died out as soon as they entered the room. There were a few scattered groups of students around, clearly mostly those who lived on campus, but still significantly less than on any school day. But of course, at his usual table, sat Delanie's stupid older brother. And he met her gaze the minute she walked in.

Delanie tried her hardest to ignore Jett as she made her way through the breakfast line, smiling softly at the chef, who seemed like she wanted to be literally anywhere else. When Delanie joined her two friends at their table, she made sure to sit across from them with her back to Jett and his friends, hoping to avoid him completely.

Her older brother didn't seem to get the hint.

After a few moments, the chairs on either side of her were pulled out and filled by two bodies that were much bigger than hers. She sighed, squeezing her eyes shut. She looked to her left, "What do you want, Jett?"

"Happy weekend, little sis," Jett grinned, throwing his arm over her shoulder. Delanie grimaced, shrugging his arm off immediately. "So, how was your first week?" Jett asked cheerfully, clearly not discouraged by his sister's apathy.

"Fine," the younger Park grumbled, shoving a forkful of food in her mouth. She was really not interested in speaking to her older brother, even if there weren't as many people around. She glanced at Rosa and Mabel helplessly. They seemed just as awkward as she felt. Mabel offered her a sympathetic smile before returning to her own food.

A snort came from her other side. Zander had his arms crossed, though there was a playful smile on his face. "Come on, Lanie. We came all the way over here to say hi, and you're gonna be too cool for us?" he joked, poking at the younger girl's side.

Zander always was the one of Jett's friends who Delanie seemed to get on with best. He was quiet a lot of the time, but had a sarcastic bite to his humor. He was also brilliant, which was a pleasant opposition to Chris and Nigel. But regardless, she wasn't exactly interested in having breakfast with him.

"Sorry, but I really just," she gave an exaggerated sigh, "I just don't want to talk to either of you. Like, ever." Mabel and Rosa giggled lightly at her comment, causing both of the older boys to turn to look at them for the first time.

Jett elbowed his sister, "Come on, Lanie. At least introduce us to your friends. Then we'll get out of your hair."

Delanie rolled her eyes. With a huff, she waved her hand at the two girls in front of her. "Mabel and Rosa, Jett and Zander. Jett and Zander, Mabel and Rosa," she grunted before shoveling more food into her mouth.

Mabel and Rosa each gave their own awkward rendition of "nice to meet you" while Zander and Jett smiled politely. Jett patted Delanie's head, "Any friend of Lanie's is a friend of mine," he declared with one of his signature grins.

Zander shrugged, "I mean, I guess." Delanie laughed at that, but caught herself quickly. She instead turned to glower at her brother, who held his hands up in surrender before standing from his chair.

"Alright, a deal's a deal," he complied, nodding for Zander to stand with him. He waved at Mabel and Rosa, "Nice meeting you." They smiled back, and Jett turned to his sister, rustling her hair once more. When she swatted his hand away, he chuckled. "See ya around, little sis. If you need anything-"

"Don't ask you. Got it," she finished for him before making a shooing motion with her hands. Jett rolled his eyes at her, but didn't say anything else. He and his friend left their table and strode across the room to their own. They talked to their own friends for a moment before clearing their area and exiting the room.

Delanie let out a sigh, running an exasperated hand over her face. "I'm sorry," she started, shaking her head, "He's so embarrassing."

Mabel shook her head, "Meh, it's okay. I can see what you always complain about. Totally arrogant. No offense."

"None taken," Delanie breathed out. She was in absolute agreement with her friend. While Jett was polite enough, he definitely had an air about him that he got from their parents. Delanie loved them, but there were times were they annoyed the hell out of her. Why couldn't they just be normal?

"He's kinda cute," Rosa mumbled under her breath. Alarm crossed her face when she realized that Delanie had heard her, and was currently giving her one of the most appalled looks she'd ever seen. She held her hands up, "I mean, totally see the arrogant thing! I would hate to have him as a brother! But... never mind."

Delanie stared at her for another moment, effectively scaring the older girl, before dissolving into laughter. Rosa raised her eyebrows at her friend inquisitively. Delanie shook her head, "Every friend I've ever had has thought he's cute, Ro. Don't worry about it."

Rosa let out a sigh of relief while Mabel joined Delanie in her laughter. After a while, the blonde shrugged her shoulders. "I dunno. I guess some of Jett's friends are cute. But... you know, baseball players," she gave both of her friends a suggestive look as she said the last bit, causing the other two girls to erupt into laughter again.

Rosa shook her head, "We really need to get you a baseball player."

Mabel pressed her hands together in a prayer, "Please!"

They all fell into another fit of giggles. As Delanie laughed and ate with her friends, Jett and his teammates slowly faded from her mind. She was beginning to like being at Eden Hall, despite all of her reservations. Though with friends like these, how could she not?

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

8.7K 147 24
"Oh c'mon Ella, don't act so stupid. You know damn well that I'm still in love with you." What happens when the perfect couple isn't so perfect anymo...
20.9K 276 14
"Yeah, number one figure skater in Eden Hall not much you know?" Mila Star was a figure skater at Eden Hall. When the Ducks notice that the girls fri...
20.7K 229 34
Sadie Ross - the best friend everyone wants. Smart, witty, beautiful, and kind, with a heart of pure gold. Charlie Conway - captain and heart of the...
442K 8.7K 32
❝ well... we do make quite the team ❞ -- in which she shines more than just on the ice and field ❝ like the super duo ❞ [ adam banks D1 ]