Lycans Of The Woods

By Victoriously321

It has been many years since Lycans revealed themselves to the world. Many humans have had difficulty adjusti... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65

Chapter 21

31.9K 1.4K 167
By Victoriously321

"Not a word, Olivia." Eric hissed into my ear and my wrist burned from how tightly he gripped it. My head turned as I looked up at him, but he was staring fixatedly towards the Alphas.

Hot breath hit the side of my upper head as he exhaled, his agitation almost tangible.

Quinn was the first one to begin moving, with Alec having little choice but to follow her.

"Walk." Eric muttered, transferring his hold on my wrist to my back. My skin crawled immediately, eyes fluttering shut momentarily as I swallowed my revulsion, but did as he commanded, noticing that the shoes which I wore did little to warm my feet from the thick snow.

As I neared the Alphas, I could feel the slow way my chest began to tighten, and the way my breathing became uneasy and ragged as I kept my head lowered. I could feel them watching us, and him watching me.

"Quinn Collins." The green eyed woman who still held Alec's hand lifted her free right arm, extending her hand for a handshake. I lifted my head slightly, shuddering at the full blast of wind that stung my face as I did so, and saw the way the expressions of the lycans faltered briefly.

Abhorrence had flickered upon their faces so quickly, but I was unsure about whether or not Quinn or Eric had seen it.

Stiff handshakes and names were exchanged, and then more of these actions followed when two other council members joined us.

"Let's go inside." Hannes spoke, and I slowly faced him. Displeasure was written across his face, and his eyes seemed to glaze over when he stared at first unblinkingly at me and then at the hand which Eric still had placed on my back.

The door of the large tent was moved to the side further, flapping loudly which distracted us all. One of the Alphas had moved it so we could step inside, and when I did, I immediately caught sight of Lilith.

She was sitting on a stool, fingers intertwined and back straight as we entered, and her eyes which mirrored Alec's narrowed, anger brewing in the gaze as her half-brother and Quinn came into view.

Quinn noticed Lilith as well, but dismissed her presence. Alec however, immediately began to attempt to struggle out of the woman's grip when he saw Lilith, and I grimaced at the rough handling Quinn dealt him, twisting his arm until he had no choice but to pause, a small whine slipping from behind his clenched teeth.

"Let go of the boy." A booming order was given by an Alpha. His darkening eyes went between Quinn and Alec, and I felt the way the entire mood in the room shifted when Quinn disagreed with his words.

"No, not just yet Riggs. We need to discuss what we came to-"

"Release him." It was a biting, harsh command spoken from Hannes this time, who I hadn't realized had come to stand beside me, on my left. Cold honey eyes lowered to me as Quinn begrudgingly did as instructed, and I shifted uncomfortably under Hannes' penetrating stare.

All I was able to read from him was anger. Nothing else.

I dragged my gaze from his when Alec ran over to Lilith, who stood and pulled him into her arms. I watched them for a few seconds as they embraced, but then switched my gaze to Eric's in question when I felt a push on my upper back.

"Sit down."

I ran my tongue over my teeth in contemplation, hesitating as frustration welled in me. My eyes scanned the entirety of the tent, taking in the tables and chairs, and then, my stomach warmed at the sight of weapons, guns, on a table.

Bryant, who had travelled in a seperate vehicle to this area, noticed this as well. "Why the weapons?" He asked. "Are we not here meeting on peaceful terms?"

"Are we?" Hannes demanded. I stiffened when Eric applied more pressure on my back, obviously intending to direct me towards a chair around the oak table which rested in the middle of the tent.

Hannes' eyes flashed with disdain as he snarled, "Move your hand from her back, boy."

Eric's fingers curled, pressing into my shirt until it touched my skin. But he did drop his hand away, albeit reluctantly, but not before dropping his head to whisper, and repeat what he'd asked, no, demanded of me when we arrived here.

Wordlessly I walked to the chairs and sat upon one. My eyes once again went to Lilith, who steadily met my gaze. Her arms were still around her sibling.

I straightened in my chair and watched silently as she left with him abruptly, only pausing once to look towards Hannes, who'd chosen to sit opposite me. They evidently exchanged unspoken words.

"Why are we here?" Eric asked once everyone was seated. An Alpha, Kenji, who had a strange combination of dark red hair and bright streaks of blond strands answered after letting the silence draw out for at least thirty painful seconds.

"Quinn, you told me that your army killed all of the lycans in Woodsworth," He said, his voice carefully vacant of any emotion. "Because you are under the assumption that all lycans are similar and plan to eventually harm all humans. The motives, behaviors and beliefs are what you believe to be alike, and we'd like to help you and your people shift this mindset, and urge you not to commit any heinous acts like you did just recently."

"So it is alright for your people to go around killing and driving humans out of towns, yet you want us to just sit idly by while this happens?" Quinn demanded, quick to anger. 

"If you'd like to fight those particular lycans and packs who do so, then aim for those specific ones. You killed an entire pack who strongly loathed the actions which other lycans have done regarding the treatment of humans." Hannes' voice drummed over the murmurs of agreement which had began to trickle amongst the few council members who had chosen to come.

Silence fell over the room at Hannes' words and Riggs cleared his throat.

"We too dislike what some other Alphas and lycans have chosen to do regarding humans." Riggs said. "We don't share this sentiment which you all seem to believe we do."

"You've killed humans before. All of you have." Quinn snapped. "Humans who had initiated attacks were murdered by all of your hands, and some who hadn't initiated anything were as well." She levelled her gaze pointedly at Hannes, and I felt my stomach drop as I looked up between them.

Hannes' once mostly composed expression rapidly morphed into fury at her words, and he leaned forward in his chair, the wood creaking under his weight as he set his blazing eyes upon her.

"You dare accuse me of killing innocent people?" Hannes snarled, fangs on display and I felt myself slowly press back in my chair, fright leaping up in me. Quinn's lips pressed tightly together, as if not intending to answer him, but then she spoke again.

"The people of Freyburn." She said. "Do you remember killing them?"

Hannes' anger became even more palpable. "The people of Freyburn had murdered young pups, Collins. They were far from innocent people. And I only killed those who had murdered them, which unfortunately was the majority of the people in that town." 

I studied him silently, watched the way Henji placed a hand on his shoulder. "Keep calm." He told Hannes.

Quinn's lips lifted cruelly in a smile. "Lucky for you, I am willing to look past your actions and compromise or cooperate wherever needed."

I felt my eyebrows furrow.

Bullshit.

"Good." Marcellus, another Alpha said, nodding. "But before we speak of anything further, I'd like to ask Olivia Hamilton to leave the tent."

I frowned, confused, but also desperate to evade the stiffling tension in the room. Eric moved to catch hold of my arm when I stood, but a warning growl from Hannes halted any other movements from him.

Immediately after stepping outside, I saw Lilith, passing by a parked jeep. She locked eyes with me as I exited the tent, and she gestured that I cross the distance and go to her, her fingers beckoning me over. Alec was not by her side, and I wondered where she had led him.

"You need to get inside the jeep," Lilith told me before I could even utter a word to her. I looked behind her, towards one of the grey vehicles in the far distance which she referred to. These vehicles were not Corozal's and they had not been present when I'd arrived.

A wave of uneasiness crept in.

"We know that Quinn has several men and women nearby, waiting for her permission to attack." Lilith spoke hushedly to me when I did not move. "We knew that our words to assure her that all lycans are not the same may not convince her, so if she intends to attack, we will respond, and I'm assuming you would want to be somewhere a bit safe when this happens."

When I didn't move, but stared blankly at her, absorbing her words, she shook her head in exasperation. "You have to go to the jeep, Olivia. Hannes has instructed me to walk you there."

I slowly looked over my shoulder, towards the tent, listening to the voices inside, but I eventually began walking. Indeed, I'd want to be somewhere safe whenever this violence ensued, but I was hesitant to trust Lilith and her words.

My trust of anyone at this moment, was extremely low.

But I carried on walking, eyes on Lilith's back as she strode ahead. I picked up my pace, feeling a familiar sting in my eyes and I bit hard on the inside of my cheek, knowing what was about to take place, listening with apprehension and disgust.

I didn't look behind me at the sound of a lone gunshot.

***********
Hope you all enjoyed the chapter. Thanks for reading! 💕
Chapters 22 and 23 are available on Inkitt for free!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

66K 1.8K 6
After a small incident, this unknown man became... attached to you. He became loyal to you, wanting to stay closer and closer, yet stubborn to admit...
25.9K 484 8
Holly Russell is the only female driver on the f1 grid and she has a lot to live up to. Especially as her older brother George drives for Mercedes. T...
349K 7.4K 40
Sheltered shifter Celeste runs away after disappointing her parents with another failure to secure a worthy mate bond, but she accidentally stumbles...
76.2K 2K 58
Dr Spencer Reid is temporarily teaching at Harvard University. But after a series of chance encounters he find himself drawn to a special someone...