Aurora of the Phoenix (Book 1...

De NurainiSalleh

Teenage life is a rollercoaster ride, with school, crushes, and the social scene that can make you feel like... Mais

Chapter 1 The Prologue (Edited)
Chapter 2 New beginnings? (Edited)
Chapter 3 New Friends and First Crush?! (Edited)
Chapter 4 The Dream (Edited)
Chapter 5 We're Neighbours?? (Edited)
Chapter 6 WHAT IS GOING ON?? (Edited)
Chapter 7 They're Amazing, aren't they? (Edited)
Chapter 8 The Hangout (Edited)
Chapter 9 Life of Ryder Hunter (Edited)
Chapter 10 The Aftermath Part 1 (Edited)
Chapter 11 The Aftermath Part 2 (Edited)
Chapter 12 How times have changed (Edited)
Chapter 13 The Past of Ourselves Part 1 (Edited)
Chapter 14 The Past of Ourselves Part 2 (Edited)
Chapter 15 Meet the Hunters (Edited)
Chapter 16 The Swimming Pool (Edited)
Chapter 18 The Birthday (Edited)
Chapter 19 Changes (Edited)
Chapter 20 Powers, the truth, and pets (Edited)
Chapter 21 Rosaleen, Abilities and Identity (Edited)
Chapter 22 The Past and Pets (Edited)
Chapter 23 Teachers, swimsuits and theft? (Edited)
Chapter 24 swimming lessons and bullies from the past (Edited)
Chapter 25 The magic, the queen, and presents! (Edited)
Chapter 26 The Family Book (Edited)
Chapter 27 The First Queen of the Mythical Realm Part 1 (Edited)
Chapter 28 The First Queen of the Mythical Realm Part 2 (Edited)
Chapter 29 The First Queen of the Mythical Realm Part 3 (Edited)
Chapter 30 The Confrontation (Edited)
Chapter 31 Family (Edited)
Chapter 32 The daily life of the Rossi boys Part 1(Edited)
Chapter 33 The daily life of the Rossi boys Part 2(Edited)
Chapter 34 The daily life of the Rossi boys Part 3 (Edited)
Chapter 35 Back to School (Edited)
Chapter 36 The Burning Feeling (Edited)
Chapter 37 The Fire (Edited)
Chapter 38 The Pain
Chapter 39 The realised Truth
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55

Chapter 17 Birthday Part 1 (Edited)

46 5 17
De NurainiSalleh

Aurora Pov

It was time to go back to school, we went to classes as normal and when I was passing by the science lab, I saw the damage. It was terrible, char everywhere.

"I don't even know what happened, the bunsen burner fire just combusted, luckily no one was near it at that time. The weird part is no one was using the Bunsen burner in front" said a random girl.

It reminds me of what happened last night, the wind.....

*Now that I realized it, last night my window was closed. How the did wind even come in? And how was it strong enough to trash my room and knock my stuff around my room?*

I kept thinking about it while walking to my homeroom class. I was happy because all of us had the same homeroom class. But Kimi and Sonia sometimes have to go to early practice and Liam has swim practice and Marcus is in charge of IT and the announcement sometimes. Mikayla would be late and Briar would help out the teachers.

But now for the first time, almost everyone is here at the same time! When I sat on my seat they all started talking amongst each other and would get me into the conversation and It was really pleasant. Ryder wasn't there, he was the one late this time.

Well, until Heather came ...... and she brought more back up than her 2 goons.

"Well, Well, Miss Drama Queen, that was a really good performance you gave yesterday," Heather said while clapping slowly.

*Where is miss lily??!?!? is anyone seeing this, am I in a movie? What am I the main character and the rest are extras!? Ugh I am having a headache and maybe a fever*

Layla looked angry and stood up "You better listen, don't you dar...... " Layla started asking while sitting back down looking baffled.

"Well, she did make a convincing performance to get attention!" Heather was about to complete her sentence.

"you better not say another word to our sister !" Said Josh, behind him was Nick and Alex

"you better not say another word about her Heather!! We know it was your friends that pushed Aurora into the pool" Ryder said behind her. All 4 of them looked angry.

"They did what?" Josh, Alex, and Nick just kept quiet as he was the only one of my brothers who knew about this.

"How dare you!" Josh said.

Heather turned around shocked to see all 4 guys behind her but she tried to act cool.

Miss Lily walked in and saw the huddle. " What is going on here?"

"Nothing Miss Lily!" Said Heather in a squeaky voice

"Then get back to your seats if it's "Nothing"' said Miss Lily

Heather whispers to all of us "At least got my point through" She had a vile smirk on her face when she looked at Ryder and me "Oh and Ryder, you can do so much better" She touched his shoulder.

"C'mon girls," Heather told the girls and walked away swinging her hips.

At that moment, my brothers were looking at each other and me as to understand what happened. Ryder looked stressed.

*I am having a lot of trouble, how does all this happen in a week? Who does this happen to? Okay Aurora relax, try to Relax, my heart stops beating fast, please normal heartbeat. Breath.* I closed my eyes trying to breathe. I felt a sudden thump on my head.

Flashback

Little Aurora crying and under the table. A man came to her but his face wasn't clear

"Aurora, it's okay shhhhh shhhh" said the man

Aurora cried louder. "They ... They called me stupid .....they call me weird and ugly" the man wiped her tears.

"They won't hurt you anymore, now listen to me. Look at me. Breathe. Inhala exhala, (Inhale, Exhale) inhala exhala (Inhale, Exhale) ."

She followed the man's instruction, she breathed in and she breathed out."

"Good girl, now smile," he said. Aurora smiled a bit looking at him. His face became clearer.

"Good, you are so beautiful when you smile, my beautiful little niece, my rose. la mia bella rosa(My beautiful rose)."

Present

"Aurora? Are you okay? You kinda just closed your eyes and just went off mode" Said Sonia

"Yeah I'm okay" I replied. Sonia knew I was lying but she doesn't want to pry because of all the stress that I might have with Heather.

*That.... Was that Uncle Toni? I do remember him. He always called me Rose after my middle name Rosella. It was a nickname he called me. Why do I remember him now?*

While being distracted from finding the answers, I heard phones ringing and beeping, etc. from everyone and I knew that Heather was behind this. After the class was over, my brothers were asking if I was okay and later we would talk about it at home and I just nodded.

Soon, lunch came and we all went to our spot outside the cafeteria and bought our lunches as I packed. Once we sat down, Mikayla started talking. "Okay, let me get this straight, what happened between Aurora and Ryder?! A lot of people are just spreading more rumors and I don't want to hear that! When did this happen? And why didn't I know about this?!" she looked at the girls for answers.

Marcus explained instead." it happened during Liam's party at his house, remember you couldn't come. Aurora tripped and fell, that is what most of the people said that was there when it happened."

Mikayla looked confused and shocked but also looked angry at me until she noticed I was looking at her. Her expression changed.

*Why did she look angry at me? * I thought to myself.

"Wow, that looks scandalous" K after being quiet. He was scrolling through his phone." Guys look at this!" he said while showing us the phone. It was linked to a website that was a hate "Slam book" type with a photo of me and people posting hate comments on me in anonymous names.

"That's it !" Kimi stood up angrily. "I am going to talk to her!".

Both Sonia and K pulled her down to her seat. "No you won't," both of them said.

I just couldn't process it, I felt useless that I couldn't do anything to defend myself, I know how to physically but verbally.

"Marcus, handle this, please. You know what to do" said K passing his phone to Marcus. Marcus took the phone and looked at it for a while and gave it back.

"On it," he said, sounding confident. He took out his laptop from his bag and began typing fast and we all just stood there waiting.

"What are we waiting for?" I asked.

"You'll see," Mikayla replied

"Aaaand Done!" Marcus said looking proud of himself.

I heard a beeping sound from not only K's phone but from others too, I looked at his phone and saw that the page was gone.

"Good job man!" Ryder said and the guys high-fived.

"What happened?" I asked again.

"Marcus, our tech genius here, tore down the website, and now it's all gone. That is Marcus's talent. He is a wiz in technology. Last time, by accident he kind of activated all the sprinklers in the school and everyone freaked. Not even the principal knew who did it." Mikayla explained

"Wow, that is amazing! I wish I could do that" I said.

We all had a great day, despite a few unfortunate rumors that were being spread, but it became normal. Eventually, everyone started to act normal and the rumors went down just as Sonia said and Heather still being mean but less intense like the website, she glared at me nowadays.

My brothers and I did have a meeting about the situation that happened that day but I told them that it was nothing I couldn't handle. This is true, I have faced this before and now with my friends, I won't have to face this alone this time. They agreed and what surprised me was that both Josh and Alex after seeing how Ryder reacted in the situation are now cool with him for now anyway and now not want to fight him due to "That Incident".

I have only been in this school a week or two and it was very eventful and busy but then 2 weeks became 3 weeks and then it became a month and it was already almost December and I have adjusted well in the school, mostly I acted more like any other social teen: Go to school, study, go back home, hang out with friends, etc. we have also often go to Briar's family cafe as "Our" hang out spot.

Briar's Family Cafe

While going to our spot, it turns out it also happens to be a study session for us.

"Ugh! Math is hard!!" I said while trying to solve the equation.

"It's okay Aurora, you have a golden boy over there to help you," Said Liam while pointing at Ryder who had finished his homework and was already eating a burger. I just looked at him trying to signal to him for help.

"I'll help you, Princess," said Ryder looking at my paper, he tried to explain to me as simply as possible, and suddenly Mikayla started being frustrated.

"Okay I need a break, it's so unfair that Ryder is doing great at all the subjects, Kimiko and K are good at math too, and also have extra Japanese literature lessons to attend." Said Mikayla releasing her frustration.

"Not everyone is good at everything, remember I couldn't speak English that well when I was younger. You just need practice" Said K

"Ooooo speaking of practice, have you guys been going to miss Lydia's lesson lately" said Eve

I was confused about who they were talking about. "Miss Lydia? Who's Miss Lydia? Is she a teacher? I have never heard of her."

"Well, she is a teacher but not from our school, she is actually -" Briar explained

"My grandmother. Yeah, she teaches literature and Spanish to anyone who wants to learn, she teaches kids or teens or even adults." Mikayla continued

"At first, it was me, Kimiko, Kei, Mikayla, and Brooklyn who attended her lessons when we were younger, and then Liam, Sonia, and Briar joined in later." Said, Ryder

"What about you, do you have anything that you are good at in Literature and Spanish? " Mikayla asked me curiously.

"Yeah, I am, actually literature is one of the classes I am taking, my Spanish is still quite bad," I said.

"What about we take you to see her? Maybe she can teach you something to improve in your Spanish?" Ryder asked me. I nodded and agreed.

"Okay Mikayla, maybe you can talk to your grandma when she can give private lessons to us again," Sonia asked. Mikayla just gave us the okay sign while she was devouring her sandwich.

"You know what winter break is coming, anyone up to hang out as usual? Maybe we can have another party?" Marcus asked.

"no more parties!" Both Ryder and I replied

" Ever since the last party we had, it was a disaster! Maybe we just have a quiet evening?" Ryder trying to compromise

"What do you think Princess? Do you want to just hang out here for winter break?" Ryder asked me

"It's okay, I kind of want to stay in for winter break."

"Why would you want that!?" Mikayla asked

"I understand her, it's peaceful and I think last month was too eventful right?" Said Ryder as she looked and smirked at me and I was thankful he explained because I didn't want to explain.

Yes, it was very eventful last month and I need to calm down from that, but there was another reason. My birthday is on winter break and I always dreaded the day, not trying to sound like a broken record but again being bullied and my brothers kinda get all the attention from girls.

When we were babies, we always celebrated our birthdays together, because we were born in the same year. But it stopped when we reached middle school and high school. We suddenly had different themes, and separate birthday parties, and whenever my brothers handed out an invite people came and when I handed one, it always ended up trash out they came but left me for my cool, awesome brothers.

Mom and Dad were the best when they found out about my dilemma, they will always have this day where it is only me and them, going out to eat at a restaurant or finding an ice-cream parlor and always celebrating it with me when my brothers had other plans and sometimes Nick will follow us. But now, I don't do that anymore. I rather stay at home and just wait for the day to go by fast like any other day. The only thing I got to be grateful to see was that the northern lights would be clearer in the winter.

In a Mansion

Mikayla came into the house and ran towards her grandmother's library.

"Abuela ! (Grandmother)" she started running towards and her grandmother looked back to hug her.

"Oh Mikayla, this is a surprise, you rarely come up here unless with your friends. What is going on?" Miss Lydia said with a sweet smile on her face seeing her granddaughter.

"So Abuela, are you still up for teaching with Ryder and the rest?" Mikayla asked her grandmother.

"Of course! Who is coming?" asked Miss Lydia

"Well, the usual people, Ryder, Kimi, K, Sonia, Briar but Brooklyn are not coming. And oh! Also a new student" Replied Mikayla as her grandmother was closing her book to focus on her granddaughter.

"Really? What is my new student's name?" Asked Miss Lydia

"Aurora" with that she dropped her book and she suddenly looked shocked.

"Abuela are you okay?" asked Mikayla

"I'm fine sweetie, just..... Abuela is tired but yes they all can come to the house and I will give them private lessons next month. during winter break?" Said Miss Lydia smiling at her Granddaughter.

Suddenly a man arrives. "Hey, there's my niece!" the man came in and Mikayla immediately hugged him.

"Uncle Toni!" She hugged him tighter.

"I left for Sicily a month ago, how come you have grown so much? You're beautiful just like your mom Mikayla." Toni complimented.

"Thanks, I told Abuela that my friends are coming to the house during winter break to have lessons here," Mikayla explained

"That will be fine! Same people?"

"Yeah but with 1 extra guest"

"Well okay then, have you done your homework? I think you should do it now before your mom scolds you again. Education is important to her you know "

"I know, I will!" Responded Mikayla before she left the room to do the rest of her homework.

Miss Lydia laughed. "Your sister hated studying but she was always determined to do the thing she hated to please your father." Miss Lydia said.

"Yeah" Toni responded

"I know, mi hijo(My son) that winter break isn't your favorite time of the year, but remember we will always remember them in our memories and love them in our hearts," said Miss Lydia while patting his son on the back.

Toni wanted to cry but he just couldn't do it anymore. " Yes Mom, I'll be at the warehouse with the men. I'll see you at dinner Mom" said Toni before he left the library. Miss Lydia watched her son looking defeated.

" winter is coming, it has been years and it is not getting any better for him," said Miss Lydia to herself.

Miss Lydia remembers what her granddaughter said. 'Aurora'

Flashback

"Oh, this baby is beautiful! Have you found a name for her yet?" Said Miss Lydia looking at her granddaughter.

The mysterious woman replied. "Yes, her name is Aurora"

"Aurora"

Present

She looked up at the ceiling, feeling sad. "At least your brother-in-law didn't put that name to waste that you have chosen to name your daughter as well Izzy. He named his daughter after her. Izzy, we all love you both. My son has never stopped loving you know that? He never did." Miss Lydia said while crying about the loss of her daughter-in-law and her grandchild.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

35K 665 38
Aurora Lopez had the intentions and goals of starting new, and having a normal life. She was met with difficulties along the way, and one of those di...
483 62 13
Camilla is given a new life... a life away from her past...she believes. Despite her odds, this time, she manages to conceal it. But until when?.... ...
35.6K 2.6K 33
Aurora Moon has been kept at home under the close eyes of her dad and grandma for 17 years due to a dangerous power she holds. But after some serious...
The Prophecy De L.s. Pearson

Ficção Adolescente

2.7K 440 27
Ariella's biggest desire in life has always been such a simple one. She wants to be 'normal.' Unfortunately, that one simple wish has never been with...