Where do Broken Hearts go? (A...

By ghostinstyle

Taylor is a beautiful naΓ―ve and very smart girl. She is organized and sweet. She aces her classes and doesn't... More

Chapter 1: Where do broken hearts go?
Chapter 2: All too well
Chapter 3: Style
Chapter 4: Crazier
Chapter 5: Home
Chapter 6: Sweet Creature
Chapter 7: I'd Lie
Chapter 8: Everything Has Changed
Chapter 9: Last First Kiss
Author's Note
Chapter 10: I Wish
Chapter 11: Loved you first
Chapter 12: Better than Words
Chapter 13: Sparks Fly
Chapter 14: Girl Almighty
Chapter 15: Happily
Chapter 16: She's not Afraid
Chapter 17: Fearless
Chapter 18: Our Song
Chapter 19: Right Now
Chapter 20: Night Changes
Chapter 21: Moments
Chapter 22: You and I
Chapter 23: The Other Side of the Door
Chapter 24: The Other Side of the Door Part 2
Chapter 25: You R in Love
Chapter 26: Little Things
Chapter 27: Today was a Fairytale
Chapter 28: Moments
Chapter 29: Two Ghosts
Chapter 30: I Knew You Were Trouble
Chapter 31: Sad Beautiful Tragic
Chapter 32: Spaces
Chapter 33: From the Dining Table
Chapter 34: Ready for It
Chapter 35: Eighteen (18)
Chapter 36: Over Again
Chapter 37: Change your ticket
Chapter 38: Strong
Chapter 39: Fireproof
Chapter 41: Fool's Gold
Chapter 42: I Love You (Alex & Sierra)
Chapter 43: Afterglow
Chapter 44: Infinity
Chapter 45: I Almost Do
Chapter 46: The Best Day
Chapter 47: Ronan
Chapter 48: Through the Dark
Chapter 49: Sign of the Times
Chapter 50: This Love
Letter #1
Letter #60
Letter #98
Letter #210
Letter #365
Chapter 51: Afterglow
Chapter 52: Daylight
Chapter 53: King of my Heart
Chapter 54: Cornelia Street
Chapter 55: Adore You
Chapter 56: Lover
Author's Message

Chapter 40: Ready to Run

302 15 4
By ghostinstyle

There's a future in my life I can't forsee
Unless of course I stay on course
And keep you next to me
There will always be the kind that criticize
But I know, yes I know we'll be alright

We arrived in Manhattan minutes before eight in the evening. Of course, the traffic entering the Big Apple was terrible and the waiting time was excruciating. Harry did not let me drive even just for a while, even after I insisted to when we stopped at a fast food chain to get some snacks. I remember the time when I thought he sold my car, just the day when we officially became a couple. He lied about selling my Prius when in reality he took it to the mechanic to have it checked. He was protective of me back then, or maybe he was just trying to cover up for the biggest lie he did.

He parked the car in front of the apartment building. The valet attendant immediately took my luggage and brought them upstairs. We are kind of popular in the building, because Blake is always friendly with the building staff.

"I'll go ahead so you can rest," Harry says after a while.

He handed me the car keys as the car rental service will pick it up tomorrow morning.

"Thank you for driving me, though you didn't have to, but you still did." I told him. This time I was really thankful, although the drive was long and boring, but I felt safe.

Harry reached for my hand, "I am thankful that despite our history, I still get to do this," he said as he pressed his lips on my forehead. "I'll get a hotel around here and I'll call you," he then whispered. "Get inside, it's cold."

Giving him a slight nod, I turned my heel and walked towards the entrance of the apartment building. I don't really understand but there is this awful feeling inside me that I had to glance at him. He was trying to hail a cab but it'll be impossible to get one because it's still rushed hour and the weather is a little chilly, I remember him not liking the cold.  Taking a deep breath I walked back to where he was standing.

"Come on upstairs," I said to him. "It's cold and you won't get any cab at this hour."

He shook his head. "It's okay, I don't wanna burden you or invade your space, it was a long drive and you should rest," he refused kindly. "I'll be fine here, though, I am glad your worried about me." He smiled.

"It was indeed a long drive, and you're the one who drove," I insisted. "You can rest for a while and leave later, I'll help you find a good hotel upstairs,"

This time I reached for his hand and pulled him with me towards the entrance of the apartment. I heard him sighed in defeat which made me smile in victory. He then put his arm around my shoudler as we took elevator.

Harry never took his arm off of me until we reached the fifth floor where our unit is and I just let him. From time to time he plants slight kisses on my hair, it didn't make me uncomfortable at all.

Using my card keys, I opened the door, Blake is not home yet. Blake loves anything about fashion and art which includes her work so she usually spends extra hours at work. Normally, she goes home around 10 in the evening, sometimes even later.

The luggage are already on the front door and Harry immediately got a hold of them, he may have broken my heart but I still can't deny the fact that he is a real gentleman.

Walking inside the apartment, I immediately took my jacket and helped Harry on his as soon as he settled the luggage in the living room.

The apartment is quiet and clean, for sure the weekly cleaning lady was here yesterday. Though, to be honest, Blake and I don't even have time to dirty it since we are both busy with work. We usually see each other on the weekends and normally spends it at the spa or just resting at home.

"This is a nice place," Harry said after a while.

The apartment is fully furnished with its elegant color bluish walls and high ceiling. We have a couple of paintings hang on the wall. It's spacious and very easy to the eyes. It was Blake who took care of the interior so its classy and at the same time homey.

"My roommate Blake took care of everything," I tell him. "Just rest here for a while, I'll go check what we have on the fridge." I said as I walked towards the kitchen just opposite the living room.

Aside from the art pieces and couches, you won't really see anything on our living room. Blake and I have our own entertainment set on our rooms since we don't share the same taste in TV shows. She likes of course fashion, while I still like Nat Geo and Discovery.

"Guy roommate?" Harry then asks as he followed me to the kitchen. He sat on the barstool leaning on the breakfast counter.

"Blake is a girl, and a beautiful one." I tell him smiling.

"Just checking,"

Opening the fridge I saw some pre-marinated chicken and some vegetables for salad. Blake is kind of vegan so we rarely eat red meat.

"You want the chicken fried or baked?" I asked.

Harry walked towards me and put her hands on my waist. "You don't have to cook, I know you're tired." He says with so much concern on his tone. "I'll leave in a bit."

Closing the fridge and resting my back on it, I looked at Harry, at his beautiful face. This guy is just undeniably gorgeous. Seven years has passed but he remained beautiful. I shook the thought away. Why does it seems like I am the one falling instead of him?

"I'm not tired besides it's the least I can do," I tell him and I was being sincere.

Shaking his head he held my chin, "I like doing things for you, that's how relationships should be, you know the things the other person can do, you start doing it for them."

I started laughing. That was so cheesy! Where did he even get that?

"What?" He chuckled as he watched me laughing.

"Cheesy," I mumbled.

"I know right," he smiled. "But it worked, got that from the Korean Drama clip I saw on Instagram," he says.

That made me laugh even more. What? Korean Drama? He pulled me to him for an embrace and I continue to laugh on his chest. He was laughing too.

We were at that position when the front door opened and Blake walked in wearing a maroon halter dress and black Christian Louboutins and stockings.

Slightly pushing Harry away from me I met Blake's puzzled face. Walking to my best friend with Harry following me behind I am so confused on what to do.

"I didn't know we have visitors," she says in an intriguing tone.

Clearing my throat, "Blake this is Harry," I tell her and she kind of widened her eyes on me like she is saying to me we have a lot to talk about! "Harry, this is Blake my roommate."

Harry immediately offered his hand to Blake, "nice meeting you Blake," he says to her.

Blake took his hand with a force smile, "like wise!" Then Blake turned to me, "did you cook or prepared something for our visitor?" She asked me.

My roommate is very hospitable and accommodating that she makes sure we get to offer something or anything to our guests.

Not knowing what to do, "I was about to," I answered. "Maybe, we can order pizza," I said to her.

She nodded, "Yeah! Pizza is okay, it'll save you sometime following the cooking instruction on YouTube," she says and I widened my eyes. "Ooops! I'll go get changed. Please get me some vegan pizza, I am starving!" She then walked out on us going to her room.

Harry beside me was smiling, "What's funny?" I asked him.

He shook his head, "At least now you have videos to follow," he was teasing me.

"Don't believe everything she says, I know how to cook!" I glared at him. "Stay here, I'll call for pizza!"

He raised both of his hands in defeat as I went to my room.

That was really embarrassing, how can I forget to text Blake? And why did she go home so early? She even walked on us hugging. I have so many explaining to do for sure. Blake is not the type of person that settles with little information. She wants the whole story, like from beginning to end, cover to cover and she will never let me sleep if I don't tell her.

Harry ended up staying the night, cause after dinner Blake insisted to have a couple of drinks reasoning that she's stress from work. And by couple of drinks, she meant two bottles of Merlot.

My best friend was sitting on my bed as I walked out of the bathroom after taking a quick shower. I was already dressed in my nightgown and ready to hit the bed. Harry is sleeping on the couch on the living room.

Blake was smiling at me widely, meaning I should start spilling the beans.

"I thought we're all heading to bed?" I asked intentionally avoiding her interrogation.

She shook her head, "not to fast best friend," she says. "I wanna know everything!"

Sighing in defeat, I took the towel from my head and started telling her from the moment I step foot in Wake Forest until the time she walked in on us earlier.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10K 306 38
Harry Styles is a femine 17 year old boy who is starting over at a new school due to his mother wanting him out of her house. He doesn't show that he...
12.9K 291 26
Can you look at the one you loved, held and cared for and found out that half the time.. he was a cheater. Selene Daniels. All she ever wanted was to...
22.1K 364 16
*Taylor swift and Harry Styles both have bad reputations. They've been strictly warned to stay away from eachother. She's also sworn to never live ag...
3.6M 80.4K 77
in which joelle d'amore is completing her final semester of university in the grand city of los angeles, california. when she finds herself in the pr...