THE DEAL | ✔️

By carita_dcosta

Daxton Langford is a perfectionist. He's the typical guy that every woman dreams of. He's got the looks. He's... More

EPIGRAPH
PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
EPILOGUE
AUTHOR'S NOTE

CHAPTER 32

1.3K 43 0
By carita_dcosta

Jade's POV

As Dylan carved another scar down my left leg, we heard gun shots erupt around us.

Dylan immediately jumped off me and ran towards the window.

He peeped and cursed when he saw whatever he saw.

"Looks like your smart ass husband found us", he angrily said to me.

"Yay", I sarcastically said through all my tears.

He turned towards the table and pulled out a bundle of tape.

"Let's shut you up before you make more noise", he said as he taped my mouth inspite of me trying to move my face away.

He stood at the window and watched what was happening outside.

"Shit, they're in", he said as he paced around the room.

I smiled to myself.

My husband found me and I knew everything was going to be alright.

Was it really, though?

I guess I'd have to wait to find out.

There were a few more gun shots and then there was sound of banging on what seemed like wood.

Probably the doors across the hallway.

And then there was a thud on the door of the room we were in.

My heart raced.

The sound stopped and my heart sank a little.

The banging continued, a little louder this time and my hopes were risen again.

Dylan ran towards the side of the door and hid.

A few more seconds of loud noise and the door swung open.

Dylan looked around and grabbed an iron bar that was lying around.

Dax looked at me and my heart beat slowed down.

The look of worry on his face seemed to vanish to sadness as his eyes ran over me.

I watched as he took a step forward to step into the room and watched as Dylan prepared to hit Dax from behind the opened door.

I furiously shook my head and tried to warn him, but the only sound in the room was that of my muffled voice.

"I'm here baby, everything's gonna be alright", he said with a quaint smile and took another step.

And then Dylan stepped out and hit Dax's head with the iron bar.

Dax blinked a several times as I cried.

I watched Dylan hit him again on the head as Dax slowly fell to the ground.

I watched Alex run towards our room through the open door.

Dylan was quick to turn around as Alex reached the door.

Alex fought to keep the door open as Dylan tried to shut it.

"Don't you shut the door, you fucker", Alex yelled as he put his foot between the door and the door frame.

Dylan stomped on his foot and kicked it out of the way and quickly shut the door.

"Your husband broke two latches. I'm glad I didn't use the third latch", he said as he looked at me.

"Well, the third lock is going to keep your husband's army out", he said as he turned the lock twice.

He pulled a chair from the corner of the room that I hadn't noticed earlier.

He managed to put an unconscious Dax on the chair and ran towards the table to fetch some rope.

He tied Dax and smiled at me.

Soon, there was a loud thumping sound on the door.

"Get out, don't even try to do anything. We've killed all your men. You're clearly outnumbered", a voice said.

"Is this the cops? Well, you need to shut up because I've got work to do", Dylan yelled.

"Hold your work until you get to the prison. Open up right now, or we kill you when we open up", the man yelled again.

"Just give me ten minutes. I need to talk", Dylan yelled back.

"Save the talking for later", the man yelled from outside.

"Get the fuck out, Dylan. Don't mess with us", Alex yelled.

"Give me ten god damn minutes. I just want to talk. If you'll make another sound, I swear to God, I will kill them both. Do you get that?", Dylan aggressively yelled and it made me freak out.

There was no response from the other end.

"You can answer that", Dylan spoke.

"Ten minutes later you will open that door and walk out without harming the Langfords", the man spoke.

Dylan mocked him by imitating him.

"Fine", he yelled back at them.

"How could you let him", Alex yelled.

"Shut up, Alex", Dylan yelled as he punched the door.

There was absolute silence and it was killing me.

Dylan walked to the table and grabbed a bottle of water. He walked back to Dax and poured the entire bottle on Dax's face.

Dax's POV

I felt something wet dripping down my face, but couldn't get my eyes open to see what it was.

Suddenly, there was a splash of water on my face and I slowly opened my eyes.

There stood Dylan in front of me with a sick smirk on his face.

He looked quite different as I've seen him after very long.

"Aw, my best friend's up", he fake exclaimed and looked at Jade whose mouth was still taped.

"Dylan, what the fuck?", I blurted out as my head still felt heavy.

"Oh, you remember my name?", he spoke with a bitter expression on his face.

"Of course, Dylan. We were the best of friends when we were younger", I said and he scoffed.

"We weren't. You never cared about me. You always thought about yourself and your own success. Never did you ever try to help me come up and be as good as you", he spat and I looked at him in disbelief.

What was he talking about?

"All our life, you were always the star while I was the one being ignored. I moved away to another school and fell in love with this beautiful girl", he said as he looked at Jade who had her eyes shut.

"What?", I asked, still unable to process what he just said.

"And what did you do? Marry her. All my life you've taken everything from me. And now, you went ahead and married Jade. You took away even the one happy memory I had", he continued.

"Dylan, I - I didn't mean for any of this to happen. I - I", I stuttered not knowing what to say.

"Oh, the star kid is at a loss for words", he mocked.

"Well, all my life you've given me unhappy memories. Time for payback", he said as he walked towards Jade.

There was a loud knock on the door followed by Sheriff Singer's voice, "Just a reminder, you have five minutes more".

"Shut the fuck up", Dylan yelled back.

"Sheriff, get in here. What are you'll waiting for?", I yelled.

"Oh, I asked them for ten minutes to speak with you. And then I kill you both", he laughed as he walked towards the table. 

He pulled a gun from his waistband and placed it on the table.

"I actually recorded a video for you, but you can watch live as I do some amazing stuff to you wife", he said to me as he unbuttoned his shirt.

"Don't fucking touch her", I yelled.

"Oops", he said as he ran his hand over her belly.

"Get away from her. Don't you -"

"Shut up, Dax. Shut up", he interrupted me.

He climbed on top of her and straddled her waist.

He ripped the tape from her mouth and looked at her like a dog looks at a bone.

He forcefully kissed her and I felt like ripping his brains out of his skull.

"Alex, get in. Get in, right now", I yelled.

"What's the manic doing?", Alex yelled back.

"Stop talking and break the fucking door", I yelled back.

I thought I broke the door, but was surprised to see it locked again.

"Stop yelling, Dax", Dylan paused for a brief second and continued kissing Jade.

He ripped Jade's t shirt and I lost my shit.

"Get the fuck away from here", I screamed as loud as I could, hoping that would get him away from her.

The pounding on the door continued and I knew they were trying to break it down.

Dylan was too busy kissing Jade and to even realise what was happening around him.

Good for us, because the door swung open.

That's when Dylan realised what happened.

He quickly jumped off Jade and reached for his gun.

Alex, Fizzy and Sheriff Singer were the first to step inside the room.

Dylan aimed his gun towards everyone in the room.

Another cop entered the room, "Hey, put the weapon down".

"Don't take another step", Dylan yelled.

"Oh my, god. Jade", Fizzy spoke with tears in her eyes.

"Shut up, Felicite", Dylan yelled.

"How could you do this to her, Dylan? How could you?", Fizzy spoke as she took a step forward.

"Don't take another step closer, or I'll kill you", he warned.

"No, Dylan. Please don't do this", she said taking another step closer.

"Get back, Fizzy", Jamie yelled.

"Get back. Don't make me do this",  Dylan warned again.

"End this right now, Dylan", Fizzy yelled.

And that's what he did.

He fired a bullet as I watched it move slowly.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83.3K 3K 28
A powerful cold billionaire CEO and a simple yet beautiful kind hearted girl...... He is South Korean and she is Indian...... He doesn't believe true...
778K 22.2K 31
Addison Jordan 20 has never had a proper family to grow up with. Her mother died while in labour with her and her father was an abusive drunk who bla...
1.7M 50.8K 39
Copyrights © 2014 by itslovely23 All rights reserved (Revised) Meet Matt Leonardo. One of the wealthiest men in California. The owner of the Na...
61.4M 2.7M 83
Lisa and her boss, Alessandro, agree to spite their exes by pretending to date, but things begin to backfire when fake feelings become real along the...