Come Back When You Can

Від sourpatchedkid

(In English) 10 years after Kathryn and Daniel retired from showbiz, they see each other again and it wouldn'... Більше

Come Back When You Can || kathniel
Chapter 2: Reunion
Chapter 3: Past
Chapter 4: Mistake
Chapter 5: Gone
Chapter 6: Something
Chapter 6.1: Trailer
Chapter 7: All too well
Chapter 8: Six-word story
Chapter 9: Treacherous
Chapter 10: Ambivalence
Chapter 11: Impulsive
Chapter 12: 6707.3
Chapter 13: Ours
Chapter 14: Rehab
Chapter 15: Hospitals
Chapter 16: A song by Fergie
Chapter 17: Save Room
Chapter 18: First Date
Chapter 19: The CEO
Chapter 20: Doubts
Chapter 21: Little do you know
Chapter 22: [New] Drunk
Chapter 23: The Wait
Chapter 24: Breathe
Chapter 25: Silence
Chapter 26: Stupid
Chapter 27: Carmela x Julian
Chapter 29: Because I said so
Chapter 30: Merry Christmas!
Chapter 31: Cloud
Chapter 32: Anger
Chapter 33: Okay
Chapter 34: Jealous
Chapter 35: Miss Mogul Captain and Julsquared
Chapter 36: Cancelled Weddings and Children
Chapter 37: A thousand times
Chapter 39: Long hours and phone calls
Chapter 40: Lawsuits
Chapter 41: Business and Relationships
Chapter 42: Asking for permission and long days
Chapter 43: Not a bad thing
Chapter 44: Surprises and Fiance
Chapter 45: Ex girlfriends and Fancy Champagne
Chapter 46: Mornings and boat conversations
Chapter 47: Artemis and Sticks
Chapter 48: Little family and Little A
Chapter 49: Petty Arguments and Work
Chapter 50: Last Chapter
Epilogue
One Shot # 1: A day in the life
One Shot # 2: Look After You
HELLO!
Hi
One Shot # 3: Night Changes
One Shot # 3: Father and Son
NEW STORY POSSIBLY???????
AFTER TWO YEARS??????????

Chapter 28: That day

12.6K 239 27
Від sourpatchedkid

Chapter 28: That day

It was a quiet day inside Kathryn and Miles' house. Miles knew it was that day so she had her boundaries. Kathryn on the other hand was packing her bag. Going back and forth from her cabinet to her suitcase.

"Hey, are you sure you don't want me to come with you?" Miles asked, peeking in her bed room. Kathryn lifted her head, her eyes watering and her lips subconsciously turning into a pout.

"Is it possible to reschedule your cake testing with Marco?" She said almost in a whisper as she tried to choke up on her tears.

Miles smiled, walking to Kathryn and holding her hand. She pulled Kathryn to the bed and engulfed her in a hug.

"Of course. I'll ask Marco to reschedule okay?" Kathryn nodded, as she started whimpering. She wasn't ugly crying, she was just sad and sobbing. She continued to sob like a kid, her hands on top of her lap. She didn't bother wiping her tears. "I'll pack your stuff for you." Miles said, walking to Kathryn's cabinet and gathering some more clothes. "How long do you plan on staying there?" She asked.

"I don't know." Kathryn shrugged. Miles sighed, getting 5 more shirts and shoving it in the suitcase. Kathryn packed for a month long trip but they both knew Kathryn would probably leave after a week or less.

"Do you want me to call DJ?" Miles asked her again, unplugging Kathryn's phone and unlocking her phone.

"I don't know." She replied again, wiping her nose. "Have you packed?"

"Yeah." Miles nodded. "I knew I was going to come with you. I wouldn't let you go through this alone. It's kind of like an annual thing, isn't it?" Miles asked, dragging Kathryn's suitcase to their main door. Kathryn slowly walked down the stairs sitting on the third to the last as she played with her phone. Miles came back from the living room with her keys and her suitcase. "You have two options. Do you want to drive or do you want to fly?" Miles asked, not bothering to look up.

Kathryn pulled her handbag and took 2 papers from it and handed it to Miles.

"Well, aren't you prepared?" Miles chuckled. "Come on." She heard to the door and locked the door behind her. "We're using my car to the airport okay?"

Kathryn gave her a meek nod. It was the day. Her dad's death anniversary. Every year she would go back to Nueva Ecija to be with her mom and her siblings. Her siblings would fly out there too. They would have a meal and talk. It was more of like a reunion that has hysterical crying before the day ends. It was usually Kathryn's mom. She would talk about her husband with so much passion and the next thing they all know is that she's crying. Of course, her two older sisters would cry with her. Sometimes, her brother Kevin would join the group hug and share a tear or two. Lhexine would keep her entertained. Out of everyone, she was the one who actually saw the good in her father's death. She would often say that at least her grandpa is singing with the angels and she would carry on singing his favorite song. Perhaps, it was because she joined show business or it's just how she is. She had the thickest skin amongst all of them. She wouldn't dare to cry in front of anyone. She always did this. Cry as she flew there and then stay strong as soon as she sees her family. Miles was always there for support. But there's only so much she can't do. She can't bring back Kathryn's dad from the dead.

Miles turned on her engine, and connected the Bluetooth of the car to her phone. She backed up her car and the her phone started ringing.

"Hello?" Miles asked, turning up the volume of the car so she can hear DJ properly. Kathryn proceeded to fixing the Bluetooth on Miles' visor so DJ can hear her properly as well.

"Hey." DJ's voice sounded tired and panicky. But mostly, tired. "Kathryn's not picking up. Is she okay?" He asked.

A smile crept on Kathryn's face but Miles' knew she wasn't in the mood to talk to DJ. Heck, she wasn't I the mood to talk to anyone.

"Yes. Well, sort of."

"Hmm." DJ hummed. "Marco called me and told me that you guys were flying out?" He asked intriguingly.

"We are. Are you flying too?"

"I didn't know you guys were leaving." DJ mumbled under his breath. "No, I'm off today. Marco called me to assist you. He said something about meeting and rescheduling and cake."

"That's good."

"Can I speak to Kathryn?" She looked at Kathryn who was staring blankly outside.

"I'm not sure. She's, it's... You'll know." She sighed. "Are you outside or are you in the waiting area?"

"Waiting Area. I'll wait for you here, yeah?" DJ asked.

"Yes, please. Thanks, DJ." And then they hung up. Silence filled the car and it was making Miles uncomfortable. Kathryn's mind was somewhere else, she couldn't really concentrate. Miles turned on the radio and Jessica Sanchez's voice blasted through the speakers with one of her covers, Dance with my Father. Miles was frantic, pressing a lot of buttons just so they could change the station but all the buttons ever did was turn it off and on and off and on. Kathryn started crying again but she had her back turned back from Miles.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to." Miles whispered. Kathryn raised her thumbs up. Miles knew she was going to be okay. Every year during her dad's death anniversary, she let her cry and cry until she got tired. If she got her to talk, she would listen even though half the stories she says, she had lived it with her. She'd be holding a box of tissues when Kathryn would watch home videos and started rambling about her dad. It wasn't as if it she does it on purpose. It happens. Miles pulled over the entrance and gave her keys to the valet boy. A bell boy was rushing to help them with their suitcases as soon as Kathryn got out of the car too.

"Captain Padilla insists that you pass at the back." The bell boy said with a smile. Miles nodded, holding Kathryn's hand as they walked to the back. DJ was playing an improvised golf with her employees when Kathryn and Miles walked in. DJ gave Miles a kiss on the cheek and then walked over to Kathryn. She just gave him a hug and the she let go but not bothering to leave DJ's side.

"Tickets." Miles announced, handing the paper to DJ.

"No, you're riding the private plane." DJ smiled, shoving back the paper in Miles' bag. "Where are you guys going?"

"Nueva Ecija." Kathryn whispered. "It's Papa's 5th death anniversary."

It made all sense to DJ. He pulled her closer to her and gave her kisses on top of her forehead.

"You can leave whenever you're ready." DJ smiled. Miles walked to the stairs waiting for Kathryn to let go of DJ's waist.

"I have to go. Thank you." Kathryn whispered, pressing a kiss to DJ's cheek.

"Yeah." He replied, letting go of her body and watching her walk to Miles. "I'll send the refund to your bank account, okay?" He shouted.

Kathryn stopped and looked back.

"Thank you." She was going to walk away again but she sighed. "Can you please come with me?" She pleaded. DJ took a moment and then faced his secretary.

"Clear my schedule for the whole week. Then, tell Carmela to pack my clothes and then fly them out to Nueva Ecija within the day." DJ instructed. He looked at Kathryn who was still waiting for an answer. "I'm coming." He said, jogging towards her. Miles was already inside. DJ intertwined his hands with Kathryn and guided her to the stairs. "Hey, Gelo." He said, greeting the captain who was just on his way to his controlling station or whatever it is called.

"Good Morning, sir. I was just making last minute checking." He said, smiling. Tipping his hat and walking away.

"How many stewards are here?" DJ asked the first flight attendant he saw.

"8 sir. Do you need more?" The flight attendant asked.

"No, no. That's enough. All aboard, take off in 10 minutes." He said. He guided to Kathryn to the empty chair and he sat next to her. He took the remote from the holder and turned on he TV. He looked back at Miles who was busy typing away on her phone. "You alright there, Camille?" He asked Miles, referring to her with her real name.

Miles nodded, still typing away. DJ faced Kathryn who was busy staring at the window. He squeezed her hand, pressing a kiss to her palm. Kathryn looked at him, offering him a smile that barely reached her eyes.

"Thank you for coming." She said. "I want to start selling airplanes."

"Huh?" DJ asked, dumb founded.

"My company sells airplane gas and helicopters but not the airplane itself."

"What do you mean? BEHI has airplanes."

"Yeah, but we're not selling it." Kathryn replied with an annoyed voice causing DJ to shut up. "Papa loved airplanes." She whispered to herself.

"I'm sure your dad would have loved to ride this, don't you think?" He asked.

Kathryn smiled, a brief smile that finally reached her eyes.

"He would have loved it. He wouldn't stop asking you questions, if he was here." She beamed. "It's been five years." She muttered.

"And you're okay." DJ stated as a matter of fact. "Your dad is so proud of you, right now."

Kathryn bit her lip. "I never would have thought that he would be gone to us." She let out a whimper. "It's so hard. I feel like it's only been yesterday, you know? I feel like yesterday was the day I got the call telling me that he passed away."

DJ unbuckled his seatbelt as soon as the pilot announced that they were safe in the air. He adjusted on his seat and faced Kathryn, putting his face on her elbows or shoulders as he listened to her ramble.

"Do you remember that?" Kathryn asked DJ, a smile playing on her lips. "He was so mad, I swear."

"Deep down I knew he had a soft spot for me."

"Everybody does." Kathryn replied, pressing a kiss on his forehead. "If my mom or my sisters cry hysterically or act weird, you're free to leave, okay?" She said, cupping his face with both of her hands.

"I would never leave you, you know that right?"

"You're the best non-boyfriend, aren't you?" Kathryn said, wiping a tear. "Thank you so much."

"You're so strong." DJ smiled.

"You should see my mom." She sniffed. "Sometimes when I see her and I know she's thinking about Papa, and she has this look on her face with so many questions... And I just wish, I can bring back Papa for her. Especially when she'd lock herself in her room and cry. I just--"

"I know." DJ said, wiping the tears that were continuously falling on her cheek.

"I remember when I was like seven, and my mom wouldn't let me out of the house and instead she's ask me to do chores. I wouldn't." She giggled-cried. "I'd run to my dad's office and then cry and he'd say jokes and I would laugh and then slowly, he'd ask me to do the chores my mom had asked me to do earlier. He was a smart one, I tell ya." Kathryn smiled. Her smile faltered almost immediately. She held DJ's hands and brought it closer to her lips. She pressed kisses on them before sighing. "I just want him to be sent back here for a proper goodbye, you know?"

"Why?"

"I need a proper goodbye."

"Exactly. Why do you need to say goodbye? Your pops is always here with you, wherever you go. He wouldn't dare leave you, you know that right?"

It was the first time Kathryn heard someone say a different answer. Mostly, Miles would say that things are better left unsaid (true) but here is DJ, the always oblivious DJ, saying something different and something more believable. She smiled.

"I guess you're right." She mumbled, slouching. DJ lifted the arm rest in between them and put his arms around Kathryn. She snuggled closer to him as DJ picked up the blanket and draped it on both of them.

"Take a nap. There's only like an hour until we land. It's going to be okay."

"Thank you, non-boyfriend." She said, biting DJ's thumb lightly before snuggling even closer (if possible) and falling a sleep.

*

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

33.1K 960 31
She loves him. He loves her. Perfect life for a Happily Ever After, right?
709 67 35
Can three little words irrevocably change your life? Her choices will change her path forever. She becomes one of the quiet, incredibly strong, yet s...
Her Diary Від AC

Фанфіки

604K 11.8K 98
Dear diary, I don't know why, but one day I woke up in love with my bestfriend. - Kathryn
15.6K 616 68
If You leave me you never come back I'm sorry Me too 4 years ago Riley Matthews and Lucas Friar were happy until they both broke each other's hearts