Companionate (18+) | Complete...

By Jadathescribe

⚠ Warning sexual content!!! ⚠ *Book 1 of the "Unexpected Lovestory" Series* She loved her husband more than h... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: Anniversary
Chapter 2: Magic
Chapter 3: His muse
Chapter 4: His lips
Chapter 5: One and only
Chapter 6: Everything's wrong
Chapter 7: Our home
Chapter 8: "Until then, Roe."
Chapter 9: "Look at me."
Chapter 10: "I could never regret you."
Chapter 11: Trust me.
Chapter 12: "We deserve better."
Chapter 13: "All I need is you."
Chapter 14: "I could never regret this."
Chapter 15: part 1
Chapter 15: part 2
Chapter 16: "I'm about to have my meal."
Chapter 17: Chase
Chapter 18: "I'm going to take care of you."
Chapter 19: He was my person
Chapter 20: "I want you for dinner."
Chapter 21: Closure
Chapter 22: "Come back to me."
Chapter 23: "I will put you back together."
Chapter 24: "You mean everything to me."
Chapter 25: "You're my one, Tobias."
Chapter 26: France
Chapter 27: France
Chapter 28: "Let me be your anchor."
Chapter 29: "Chase?"
Chapter 30: Tobias
Chapter 31: "Don't. Make. A. Scene."
Chapter 32: He was really here.
Chapter 33: Part 1
Chapter 33: Part 2
Chapter 34: Forgive me, Tobias.
Chapter 35: Yours always, Roe xx
Chapter 37: "This will work."
Chapter 38: "Mrs Bishop they're ready for you."
Chapter 39: Be free baby.
Chapter 40: "She never loved you."
Chapter 41: The Prologue
Chapter 41: part 2
Chapter 42: "You still want me?"
Chapter 43: "It's been way too long."
Chapter 44: "Have you reached a verdict?"
Chapter 45: "Yours."
Epilogue

Chapter 36: "You're. My. Wife."

15.2K 532 69
By Jadathescribe

"Welcome home, beautiful."

The stage was up, the curtains were drawn and the act was in full swing. His mask was on in front of the whole neighbourhood, that award-winning smile and loving gestures were all props to his award-winning performance.

He walked over to me with that endearing smile on his face and honestly, he was so good at his facade that the whole world would have believed it. Hell, once up a time I believed him too.

He slowly walked down the stairs towards me as I pulled my suitcases towards the stairs, I didn't know what was to come but I knew he wouldn't do anything outside that could incriminate him. So, when he reached the bottom of the stairs and grabbed ahold of one of the handles of my suitcases I wasn't surprised, my hand remained on the puller handle gearing up for the silent battle he would put me through.

He smirked at me before his pearly whites made an appearance in a large grin, he was smiling brightly but his eyes were telling me a different story. I could see the vicious anger seeping through them and his jaw clench ever so tightly. "People are watching Monroe." He spoke through gritted teeth.

"So, I suggest you play -" He yanked the suitcase out of my hand before I could react. " - nice." He smirked and his eyes were no longer ablaze with anger, the now smugness in his expression was making my blood boil.

"See, that wasn't so hard, now was it?" He asked before coming closer to me until I felt his breath fan my face causing the bile to form in my throat.

"My love." He said before his lips finally connected with the lining of my jaw, I shuddered disgustedly not wanting him to come anywhere near me. I moved out of his vicinity with the other suitcase still in hand as I maneuvered it up the stairs not trying to show any sign of weakness. I could hear his devious chuckle behind me as he watched me. "Are you sure you don't need any help baby?"

"I'm fine." I said curtly not giving into his maniacal need to see me weak. "Hey, I just want to help. No wife of mine should have to carry her own bags. Please, let me help?" He said before lifting my suitcase up and walking up the stairs effortlessly. Now, if this was some months before, I would have let him help willingly but I've seen the light and his name is Tobias.

I've seen how manipulative Chase really is and I know this is just another act to get me by his side by showing the neighbours how much of a gentleman he is. It's all an act, and I'm tired of being the supporting actor. "I don't need your help. I dont need anything from you. Need I remind you that I am here by force and not through free-will."

His eyes darkened menacingly before he walked in front of me leaving the suitcase on the top step. "I would watch the way you speak to me if I was you." He spoke low enough for only me to hear. "And I don't suppose Tobias let you carry your own bags or -" he paused leaning closer to me. "- let you open doors yourself?"

I gritted my teeth angrily. "Don't ever say his name again. Don't talk about him. Don't even think about him. He was too good for dirt like you. " I let the words tumble out of my mouth before I found any caution. I didn't care at this point, he had taken away everything from me and if he thought I would bow down to him he had another thing coming.

He smirked wickedly before turning around, walking back up the stairs and opening the front door. His grip on the doorknob was so tight that I knew his fury was seconds away from breaking the door handle off. He opened the door and held it open for me but I knew better than to take the gesture a good sign.

I picked up the suitcase and walked up the stairs as fluidly as I could. When I finally walked through the doors, I swiftly spun around hearing him slam the door behind me. "I tried to be nice and welcoming but clearly that's not the Chase that you want. Don't forget your place Monroe and don't forget what I'm capable of. You're going to talk to me like I'm your husband." He paused before stepping closer to me. "Or do you need some more discipline?"

I held my stern expression as much as I could until I heard the last part of his statement. I knew what he meant by discipline and he knew that it would strike fear within me. His large hand swiftly caught my face in his hands, holding it tightly as he spoke to me with those wild eyes. The anger was back and I was fearful of what was to come.

"And believe me Monroe, I won't be as nice as I was last time." My eyes went wide as I heard his statement before I grabbed ahold of his hand pulling it off of me once and for all. "Nice? You call what you do to women, nice? You're fucking disgusting, I don't even know what I ever saw in you." His smile grew to his ears before his head fell back in a peal of deep laughter.

"Oh baby, you saw whatever I wanted you to see and you believed everything I fed you. You was just a broken, stupid, stupid little girl who just wanted to be loved. It was so easy to have you wrapped around my finger and now you've finally found love and yet again, you're only seeing what I want you to see." My anger was at its peak and I couldn't take anymore of it.

He had taken away everything from me; my life, my love, my future, everything that made me happy. He took it away and I had nothing left to lose.

I was back in the house that was filled with what he showed me, the masquerade of love that I was searching for. I looked over every single wall, door, window, and picture and found my anger worsening. I hated him with every fibre in my body, he stripped me of nearly a decade of my life and the love I never got a chance to feel.

I looked back at him with that fury on my face and I saw red. My hand wound backwards before it cannoned at a rapid pace and finally the palm of my hand struck his cheek, my hand soared to the left as his face went with it. My fingers were open causing the impact to hurt his face so much more, his hand went up to his face in shock until I saw those blazing reds but that didn't stop me.

My pulsing hand threw back into a fist and just as it was about to hit his jaw his hand wrapped around my fist pushing it back and down until my body began to fall with it. He let go of my hand but before I had a chance to caress my wrist my head whipped to the side as I felt the sting of the back of his hand collide with my cheek and his opposing hand grab ahold of my hair. I cried out in a never-ending pain and my eyes shut tightly as my head pulsed in pain.

I felt strands of my hair begin to rip from the follicles as I screamed out, my hand grabbed ahold of his as I tried to free my hair but I couldn't. I felt my body begin to heighten as he began pulling me up by my hair.

The pain in my cheek was great but the pain in my head was greater. I couldn't open my eyes, all I could see, hear, feel or touch was the pain. "Cha - Chase - please."

I pleaded with him as my breathing began to be cut off by the searing pain rushing through me. I opened my eyes trying to reason with him but as soon as I saw the red demonic streaks in his eyes I knew he was too far gone. His anger had possessed him.

"Clearly you haven't learned your lesson." His voice was vicious and poisonous with his eyes so wide and venomous.

"Don't. Forget. Your position. You're. My. Wife." He spoke with his jaw clenched so hard that the bones would soon snap. He pulled me closer by my hair causing my tears to fall as the pain in my head throbbed powerfully. 

I gasped in pain as I felt it all over and it was unbearable, I gasped trying to breathe through the pain. All I could feel was my the pounding in my head, the stinging in my cheek and the skin of his face on my face as he lowered to me. He was crazily rubbing his cheek against my forehead as if his actions were loving but they were nothing of the sort.

He wanted control, he wanted to control everything about me and this was his way. His threats were never empty and the little blood I felt at the back of my head within his hold was evidence of that. "Chase - pl - please?"

"Monroe." He yanked at my hair once more as my hands tried to pull his away. "You. Just. Don't. Fucking. Learn." He emphasised every single vowel and consonant, I just wanted it all to stop but he had vowed to make my life hell on earth. He breathed so heavily as his nostrils flared. "I. Hate. This. Monroe. I hate having to do this, but you make me do it. You push me and push me."

He pulled my hair every time he said the word push and I felt blood drain from me as his grip got even tighter. "Don't ever think that you can raise your hand to me. I. Own. You." He whisper yelled into my ear as he spoke.

"You're doing this for the love of your life so you better suck it up and take everything that's coming to you. Actions have fucking consequences and yours -"

He finally released my hair and my body dropped to the floor hitting the polished material so painfully. "Well, yours haven't even started yet. Keep pushing me and keep going the way that you're going, they will come soon enough -"

He walked away not even looking back at me, I looked up from the floor feeling my whole body in complete disarray before I heard his final mocking word. "- Beautiful."

He walked the halls and all I could hear was his shoes hitting the floor with each step until I heard the door slam with a thud. "Oh. And make sure you're ready for your interview in two days. You'll need to be believable when you tell them how much you love me."

I whimpered as I tried to push myself up off the floor but stumbled as I felt my wrist give out. I cried silently as I pushed myself up a second time not letting the pain stop me from getting up. I stood up feeling the full throttle of pain hit me at once and I looked over at the front door thinking how I could just leave and get out of here.

I was so close to just leaving and never looking back, I could get out and fly to a different country and start again. My voice cracked as I felt my loud tears take over. I looked at the door and tried to take a step but I couldn't.

I couldn't do it to Tobias, this would ruin the rest of his life so I couldn't walk out that door. I just needed a few weeks to figure this all out and I could one day walk back into Tobias' life. I had to, I had to try. I just hoped that I would make it out to see it.

I held my hands over my mouth as my cries set in, I quickly unzipped my bag and pulled out my most prized possession. I looked away from the front door and began hobbling towards the spare bedroom with my phone in hand with only one number in mind that I wanted to call but I couldn't. I walked through the threshold of the spare room, locking the door behind me before I slid down against it.

Is this what my life had come to? Just a week ago I was the happiest I had ever been but I knew in my heart that happiness was never meant for me. This was proof, this was all the evidence that I needed to see to know that I wasn't destined for happiness. But the man I loved was, he was destined for happiness, greatness, love and success, and I would give that to him in a heartbeat so I knew what I needed to do.

I peaked outside of the bedroom before I closed my door back and walked towards the en-suite bathroom. I quickly washed my face and grabbed a fresh towel to dab at the sensitive part of my head revealing the blood I already knew was there. I dipped the towel into warm water as I gently cleaned the wound, I winced feeling the shock. Once my head was a little more relieved, I got my phone out and dialed.

"Hello?" I heard her feminine voice before I attempted to speak, I cleared my throat feeling the stings from my cries hit my vocal chords. "Luxe, it's me. I - I need your help."

I heard shuffling in the background before her voice got clearer. "Of course Monroe. Are you okay?" I could hear from the concern in her voice that she thought the worst and she already knew what had happened.

I tried to hold my tears back but I was struggling. I whimpered as I spoke. "I'm back here. I - I didn't know what to do. I should have listened to you - I -" I sighed heavily as she listened patiently.

"Monroe breathe. I'm here, I've got you. I'm not going anywhere but I need you to listen carefully okay? I've got someone who can help you, who can help us. He wants to help you get out of your marriage and if you want, justice for the both of us." I gulped hard not knowing what to do and who to trust. Yes, I felt in my heart Luxe would help me but I didn't know who this guy was and if he was really truthful about wanting to help.

"Who Luxe?" I was struggling to get out any words. The long silences between each exchange was making me nervous, she sighed before finally answering my question. "Taro Myers. Before I tell you who he is, I'm going to need you to trust me. I only met him yesterday but I can tell in my heart that he genuinely wants to help. I feel it, and he owes Tobias."

I began to nervously tug on my clothes wondering where she was going with this but for the first time in my life other than with Tobias or Clarise I felt like maybe, I could trust someone else. "Luxe, I don't know -"

"Monroe, I did you wrong so many times. I didn't know you and Chase were together but then I did. Yes, Chase manipulated me in every single way to make me believe that you were okay with it. But I have to take responsibility for my actions, and this is me doing that. I can't move on with my life and begin my healing until I've moved on from this, until we've both moved on from this. I dont want anything from you, I truly just want you to be happy Monroe. I saw the light in your eyes when you looked out the window at Tobias and you deserve that light to shine as brightly every single day. I can't ask to be friends but I can ask you trust me this one time. Please, do you trust me?"

I smiled for the first time today and immediately I knew what my instincts were telling me. "I trust you Luxe." It was as if I could hear the genuine smile in her voice. "Thank you, thank you so much. I promise you, we will get you out. You and Tobias will be together and happy."

I felt my voice crack as I heard her talk about Tobias. I wanted that life with Tobias more than anything, I nodded my head with happy tears filling my eyes. "Now, I have to tell you who Taro is. Remember that trust that you have for me, you're going to need it. Well, he's Chase's P.I."

I gasped hearing who he was but I let her continue. "I know, I know. He showed up at my house and offered his help. He - he said he's seen enough of our lives to know that Chase doesn't deserve anything good in his life. He knows that Chase is abusive and he wants to help get you out. He's already started to get evidence together of Chase and his PA but he needs more time to catch them in the act. This could be it, Monroe. Once he finds that money shot and delivers everything to your legal team, they fight for a divorce on the grounds of adultery and you're free and he could never touch Tobias on anything. His credibility would be ruined."

I listened to the confidence in her voice and began to think over everything she was saying, she was right. If Taro could build my case up with enough documented and physical evidence with my amazing legal team at the forefront, we could really win this. I could be free. Luxe could be free. Tobias could be free.

"I need you and Taro to meet me tomorrow, we need to talk to my uncle. You really think this could work?" I asked needing a last big of reassurance.

"That's fine, Taro is around and I'm here, whatever you need I'll do. And Monroe, I really do think it will. But -" I sighed knowing that this wasn't going to be smooth sailing. "He needs some more time to gather more evidence and as much as I hate the idea of you being in the lions den for any longer it might be the only way."

"You need me to stay put and play along." I said more as a statement rather than a question. She sighed defeatedly and I knew what that meant. "I didn't want this for you, but Chase will never stop until you both have nothing, not even each other. He will tear you both down until you want to be apart. I think this might be the only way."

"Will we be able to tell Tobias about the plan?" I asked hopefully.

"I don't think so sweetie. I'm so sorry. Tobias will be told what Taro needs to tell him, they have history together and I have faith in Taro, something tells me he needs this reconciliation more than anything. Tobias will forgive you, trust the love you both have for each other."

"But Luxe what if love isn't enough?" She scoffs with a little chuckle before speaking. "You're the greatest love story he will ever experience. It will be, It has to be enough."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

975K 38.6K 33
Brianna never knew the man she met one night at a football game then later fell in love with. Had a secret. One very huge secret that he knew if it w...
47.5K 1.8K 47
✅ Complete ✅ When Campbell Kramer accepted a job offer in Manhattan, she never could've imagined what the city had in store for her. Namely, two hand...
94.9K 1.9K 7
Sample only, Ebook available on Apple books, Book by Barnes and Nobles, and Kobo. Links in bio ❤️ ***** "You are going to come again, but not until I...
7.7K 910 35
I'm excited for this one! As I'm watching her being laid to rest, it occurs to me that I know less about life than I do about death. She's gone, and...