Emerald Rain

By OhNoMySphaghettiOs

Ever wonder how the events in Fire Emblems Three Houses would have unfolded if Byleth had never been offered... More

The Beginning:
Three Houses:
The Blue Lions:
The Mock Battle:
A Day of Monastery Life
Eliminating the bandits:
Garland moon:
Castle Gaspard:
The Rite of Rebirth:
The Crest of Flames:
Into the Abyss:
The Chalice of Beginnings:
Verdant Rain Moon:
Conand Tower:
Vanished:
Horsebow Moon:
The Battle of The Eagle and Lion:
Zanado Canyon:
Remire Village:
The White Heron Cup:
The Ball:
Fate:
Awakening:
The Holy Tomb:
Path of Thorns:
Reunion at Dawn:
The one-Eyed Beast:
Protecting Garreg Mach:
The Beast:
Ailell, The Valley of Torment:
The Master Tactician:
The Great Bridge of Myrddin:
Great Tree Moon:
To Gronder Field, Part One:
To Gronder Field, Part Two:
Gronder Field, Part One:
Gronder Field, Part Two:
The Aftermath of War:
Preparing for Derdriu:
Alliance in Peril:
Protecting Derdriu:
On Trek to a New Dawn:
Rumors of a Reaper:
The Sealed Forest:
The Baron Dominic:
Strategy meeting:
Preparing for Fort Merceus:
Deception:
The Battle at Fort Merceus:
Javelin of Light:
To Garreg Mach Monastery:
Jeritza Von Hrym:
Enbarr Strategy Meeting:
A Day at the Monastery:
To Enbarr:
Enbarr the Imperial Capital:
The Fall of the Adrestrian Empire:
Heavy is the Head That Wears the Crown:
A United Front:
The Dragon that Lurks in the Shadow:
Two Sides of the Same Coin:
The Church of Seiros:
The Princess of Brigid's request:
The Foreign Land and Sky
A Prince's Proposition:
Arianrhod Part One:
Arianrhod Part Two:
Love and War:
The Cool Before the Storm:
Tailtean Plains
Reclaiming Fhirdiad:
The Beginning of the End:
One Year Later:
The Return:
Those Who Slither in the Dark:
For the Freedom of Fodlan:
The End!

The Holy Mausoleum:

622 14 2
By OhNoMySphaghettiOs

Byleth: 

"Do you understand your mission for this month?" Seteth said sternly while glaring at Byleth and Dimitri. 

"Yes of course" Dimitri chipped in.

"What troubles you child?" Rhea questioned Byleth. Byleth proceeded to ask her why they would attempt an assassination attempt, and Rhea giggles "Don't worry my well being child I'll be fine, the knights and all the students will all be here to make sure nothing bad happens" Rhea said with a smile.

"But that doesn't mean to make light of this situation" Seteth warns "All classes need to be prepared, for now the both of you are dismissed" Seteth said. 

Byleth and Dimitri left from their meeting with archbishop, and Dmitri turned to Byleth as they were walking away "Hey Byleth" Dimitri says "You don't think that the assassination threat is real do you?" he asked "If i'm being honest I don't think it is either" he added "It's just such an absurd plan that was left in such an obvious place" Dimitri said.

"Almost like someone wanted it to be found" Byleth added in.

"My thoughts exactly" Dimitri said with a smile "But what might be the reason for that and who orchestrated this whole thing" he mumbles "Perhaps it's possible that what happened with Lord Lanato was just so the church could find that threat" Dimitri murmured.

"What do you think the real objective is?" Byleth asked.

"I don't have the slightest idea" Dimitri said.

"Hmm maybe we should get Claude's help on this" Byleth suggested.

Dimitri looked a bit shocked at her suggestion "Hmm getting cozy with our rivals?" Dimitri jokes. 

That joke caught Byleth off guard "funny, and what about you and your puppy love for the imperial princess" Byleth quickly responded. 

"Now, that's good lark. I had no idea you had a sense of humor Byleth" Dimitri laughed "I'll tell you all about it... some other time" Dimitri added as he quickly tried to change the subject. "Byleth, if you don't mind, I have a favor I'd like to ask of you" Dimitri said.

"What's the favor?" Byleth asked.

"It's in regard to sword training, not for myself, but... well..." Dimitri trailed "To be honest I've been teaching swordsmanship to the orphans at the monastery for a while now" he said.

"How unexpected" Byleth responded.

"I must agree, Frankly I'm not great with children" Dimitri said, he began to tell her how they saw him training one day and asked for him to train them and so he agreed "There is much I wish to show them, but due to my own studies and training I'm afraid my time is rather limited, Which brings me to my favor. You have unmatched swordsmanship. I hate to ask this of you but... Would you consider lending a hand? Dimitri asked eagerly.

" You can count on me" Byleth replied.

"Thank you, truly I am in your debt, and I always repay my debts I'll have you know" Dimitri said, He began to tell Byleth how he felt responsible for these children that had no parents since they are one in the same. Dimitri continued on telling her about after he lost his parents he was alone with no one to trust and so he felt obligated to help them "Oh please accept my apologies for boring you with my life story, In any case don't forget your promise Byleth. I'm counting on you." Dimitri said. "Well I suppose I should be off now, goodbye Byleth" Dimitri said before walking away.

A few days had passed since Byleth had made the promise to help with the sword training with the orphans, initially Byleth didn't think it would be so bad but she soon found out she was probably no better with children then the prince was. She was terribly afraid that she might injure one of them, Sothis laughed at her paranoia "They'll be fine if Dimitri was training them first" she added, Byleth thought about it for a second and Sothis did have a good point since Dimitri is incredibly stronger than any other men she had met. Byleth was making her way to the dining hall lost in thought when she heard someone.

"Hey, Byleth. I see you're as stony- faced as usual" she turned around to see Claude "Hmm I can't tell if you're feeling resigned or if you're just lost in thought. Or maybe you simply don't care about anything that's going on" Claude said "Oh... Sorry. I really didn't mean to be rude. I just find you fascinating" he added "Actually, there's something I'd like to talk to you about. Can you spare some time?" Claude asked.

"Sure" Byleth said.

"Great, I've been meaning to ask did your Father teach you how to fight?" Claude asked. 

"Yes, he did" Byleth responded.

Claude began talking about her Father being a renowned knight and asked how her Mother took it when she too became a mercenary.

"I never knew my Mother" Byleth responded.

Claude's body shifted uncomfortably for a moment before he moved on "You certainly have an unusual amount of composure" Claude said "I guess it's only natural that you'd be different from young nobles who grew up in the lap of luxury" He sighed.

"You don't seem like a noble either" Byleth stated, Claude began to tell her even though he is a noble he didn't grow up in luxury like the other nobles did.

"Hey, maybe that's why you and I get along so well" Claude added "We should stick together, As the Golden Deer house leader, I'll do all I can to help you out. We can start by making time for more little chats like this" Claude said Byleth nodded in agreeance. "So where are you headed?" Claude asked Byleth.

"To the dinning hall" she responded.

"Funny so am I" Claude stated "What do you say, should we head there?" he asked "Together" Claude added with a wink. Byleth nodded and the two left to the dining hall.

Dimitri:

Dimitri was sitting in the dining hall with Felix and Sylvain "So your Highness" Sylvain said "Any progress with our wager?" he inquired and Dimitri's face turned red "I'll take that as a no" Sylvain said with a laugh "Oh? look who just walked in, the beauty of the Blue Lions" Sylvain said while staring at the entrance of the dining hall "Hmm, it seems her and the Golden Deer's house leader are quite close" Sylvain added, Dimitri turned and saw the two of them entering together "You're Highness are you jealous?" Sylvain asked with a smirk "Worry not I have a plan" he stated.

"Sylvain stop encouraging the boar" Felix hissed.

But it was to late Sylvain got up and approached Byleth and Claude, Dimitri curiously watched what he intended to do and next thing he knew Sylvain was guiding the two of them to dine with them "Look who I found" Sylvain said as he approached the table with Byleth and Claude.

"How lovely of you to want us to join you Dimitri" Claude said with a wink taking a seat at the table.

"Of course" Dimitri said "It is good for us to remain on good terms" Dimitri added with a smile.

"Ah yes of course" Claude said in agreeance. "So tell me Dimitri, what do you think of the threat that was made on the archbishop? Personally I think it might be a hoax" Claude said.

"I agree" Dimitri said.

"Ah so it's settled then, time to begin our snooping around the monastery" Claude said with a laugh then he turned to Byleth "What do you say interested in joining?" he asked.

"I suppose" Byleth sighed.

"Excellent!" Claude enthused "Now how about you two, interested in joining?" he said turning towards Felix and Sylvain.

"I can't tonight I've got plans with a girl" Sylvain said.

"Sylvain!" Dimitri shouted "You gave your word about moderation" he added.

"Hey you can't lecture me you haven't done your part yet" Sylvain teased and Dimitri's face turned red.

"Hmm what's this about?" Claude asked.

"Ah well you see-" Sylvain said before Dimitri cut in.

"It's nothing, it doesn't matter" Dimitri said frantically.

"Alright" Claude laughed, then turned to Felix "So what about you are you in?" he asked.

"Tch, Someone has to watch over the boar I suppose" Felix said.

"Alright once were done eating we'll get to it then" Claude said and then began digging into his food.

Once finished the four of them set off to see if there was anything in the monastery that might be the real target rather than the assassination attempt on Rhea. "Kid" Dimitri turned around and saw that Byleth's Father had appeared and wanted to talk to her "I heard that you four have been running around all over creation, what's going on?" Jeralt asked.

Claude jumped in "We're trying to see if it's possible that maybe the assassination attempt on Rhea during the Goddess's rite of rebirth is a hoax" Claude said.

"Ah- I see you guys don't think Rhea is the target" Jeralt said, he began scratching at his beard "Hmm maybe ask Alois, He should be able to give you some information" Jeralt stated.

"Do you know where he might be?" Byleth asked.

"My guess is the cathedral"Jeralt said.

"Thanks Dad, I'll see you later" Byleth said.

"See you later kiddo" Jeralt said with a laugh. 

The four of them made their way to the Cathedral and there they found Alois, he was standing guard on the left side of the cathedral in front of a door, they began to approach him "Sorry you guys" Alois said "The Holy Mausoleum isn't open to the public until the goddess's rite of rebirth" Alois added.

"Why is that?" Dimitri asked.

"Because it holds important tombs, and it is said to also hold the bones of the Goddess herself" Alois stated, They began to interrogate Alois if he thought there were any places that might be targeted and he gave them a few leads to investigate. Once they finished checking out on the leads Byleth, Claude, Dimitri, and Felix retreated to the Blue Lions classroom to go over their leads.

"Alright everybody" Claude said as he slammed his hands down on a table "Any ideas?" Claude asked.

"Maybe they're after some of the rare weapons that the church of Seiros keeps stashed away" Felix suggested.

"I don't think so" Byleth chipped in "My guess would be the Holy Mausoleum" Byleth said.

"My thoughts exactly" Claude said with a wink.

"It would make sense" Dimitri jumped in "Especially since it will be more accessible" Dimitri added.

"But why would they want a bunch of bones?" Felix asked.

"My guess is bones aren't the only thing stored in there" Claude said "Either way it doesn't matter since it seems to be the most likely target" Claude added "Which is why I will leave it to you guys to handle" Claude said with a wink.

"How noble of you" Byleth responded.

"Anyways now that this mystery is solved I have to go" Claude said "I lost some stomach poison the other day and I really need to find it, so see ya!" Claude said while running out of the classroom.

The remaining three students sat in silence for a moment before Dimitri broke the silence "Remind me not to accept any food from Claude" Dimitri said with a straight face.

"Agreed" Byleth said "Should we inform the rest of our class about our plans?" Byleth asked.

"Ah- right, I completely forgot about that" Dimitri said.

After gathering all of the Blue Lions class, Dimitri told them of what they had uncovered and how they believed that the threat on Rhea was really a distraction, after talking it over with the class for a bit they all agreed that keeping watch on the Holy Mausoleum was probably the best course of action for them, Once finished with the run through the class dispersed for the night. Dimitri made his way to his room "Hey there Dimitri" a voice called out he looked around and saw Claude.

"Oh- Claude hello, what can I do for you?" Dimitri asked.

"Hmm, nothing much I just wanted to ask a few questions if you don't mind" Claude said.

"What kind of questions?" Dimitri asked suspiciously.

"Well for instance I'm curious about your intentions with Byleth" Claude stated, this caused Dimitri to turn red.

"My intentions?!" Dimitri said with embarrassment "What about your intentions?" Dimitri stammered "The both of you were meeting in the library in the dead of night for who knows for how long" Dimitri stated.

"Hey those are false allegations we had another student with us what could we have possibly done" Claude said defensively "Just because Byleth hasn't realized it doesn't mean no one else has Dimitri" Claude said "Anyways my reasoning behind wasn't to impede on your wooing" Claude scoffed "It was purely genuine curiosity" Claude said "I see know that I won't get my answer so I'll leave you be, have a goodnight Dimitri" Claude said and walked away into the night.

Dimitri continued on his way to his room and he was thinking about the altercation that had just happened with Claude and felt guilty about losing his temper with him. I really shouldn't have accused him of indecent acts like I did Dimitri thought, he sighed deciding that he would apologize to Claude first thing in the morning. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.2K 317 66
Fire Emblem Three Houses AU Story: What if Sothis was with Byleth since their childhood days? "If only I could touch the stars." Born sick since da...
409 14 9
Basically my other Fire Emblem Three hopes story, but this one takes place with the Blue Lions instead of the Black Eagles. This story picks up right...
5.9K 429 65
In a continent plagued with inner conflict, unfortunate struggles, and an imbalance of power, Fódlan resides in a state of unsuspecting threat. Howev...
5.6K 92 15
Following the supposed death of Sephiroth, former First Class SOLDIER Cloud Strife traveled around Gaia searching for more work as a mercenary. Howev...