In My Life (John Lennon fanfi...

By ADayIntheLife19

*Third/Final installment to 'Devil in Her Heart* *Book Three* It's finally the 1970's. And Lucy Daniels is l... More

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter 45.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47.
Chapter 48.
Chapter 49.
Chapter 50.
Chapter 51.
Chapter 52.
Chapter 53.
Chapter 54.
Chapter 55.
Chapter 56.
Chapter 57.
Chapter 58.
Chapter 59.
Chapter 60.
Chapter 61.
Chapter 62.
Chapter 63.
Chapter 64.
Chapter 65.
Chapter 66.
Chapter 67.
Chapter 68.
Chapter 69.
Chapter 70.
Chapter 71.
Chapter 72.
Chapter 73.
Chapter 74.
OneShot/AlternateShortStory?

Chapter 38.

1.1K 54 40
By ADayIntheLife19

Six Months Later

"Hold still you're going to make me ruin your hair."

"I'm trying to get work done Lucy."

"Yeah well, I told you I'd do it. Let's not forget I was once your partner." I smirked, leaning over his shoulder, our faces inches apart. He made a face and leaned in, kissing me. I giggled.

"Mmmm. I won."

"Shut up Daniels and finish the job."

I wrapped my arms around his shoulders, resting my head on his shoulder. "And if I don't Stephens?"

"I'll have to punish you." He smirked, setting his clipboard and pen down.

I crawled around the chair, setting the scissors down and moving between his legs. Without a word, I leaned up, rubbing my body against his and placed my lips on his. He took a deep breath and kissed harder, moving his fingers into my hair.

..

It's been three months since Andrew moved in with me. And to be honest, life was better than ever. We weren't anything 'official', but there were definitly things going on between us. He did end up filing for divorce from Janice. But not for reasons most may think. But, I rather not speak anymore about it.

The divorce was a very ugly one. And during this time, he needed someone by his side. So, why couldn't it be me? Plus, this made things easier on me, with taking care of Max. Seeing his mommy and daddy together was healthy for him. It was also healthy for me. Andrew's been taking good care of us. It's what I needed. What we needed.

..

"Andrew stop it I need to finish your hair." I laughed as he kissed my neck.

"To hell with my hair." He mumbled between kisses. I smiled and pulled away.

"You have court tomorrow!" I playfully slapped his arm and crawled back around him, grabbing the scissors.

"Are you coming with me tomorrow?" He asked. I kissed the back of his neck.

"Of course. I think you need me more than ever. I hope all goes well. Andrew I just want you to know that...if you lose your job tomorrow, you'll always have a place here with me."

He turned to me. "Thank you Lucy. I really appreciate that. But um, I've been thinking..."

"What about?" I asked. He sighed and grabbed my arm, pulling me in his lap. I looked at him, waiting for him to go on.

"I'm thinking of moving back to San Francisco."

I pouted and rested my head on his chest. He stroked my hair and went on. "I can't be without work. My brother works as a mechanic at his own shop and he's offered me a job. I agreed."

I picked my head up and looked into his eyes. "What about tomorrow? Things might turn out well. I mean this is...."

He shook his head. "I know it's over Lucy. Maybe my time here is done. I need to move on with my life. Away from the big city. Away from the memories. Away from..."

"Me?" I finished. He sighed.

"That's not what I meant. I love you Lucy. You and Max. I want to think that, if I ask you to come with me, you'll do it. But....I know you'll find an excuse. And excuse to stay. To be closer to...him."

I bit my lip and nodded. "You know me more than I hoped."

He chuckled and looked at me. "I do. I just need to know you'll be okay if I leave."

I thought for a few minutes, then back at him. "I don't know. ...I need you."

He nodded and held me tighter. I breathed in his scent, knowing it was only a matter of time until we were no more. Moments like these I knew I'd cherish forever. Just his touch. His scent. His voice.

"I love you Andrew. I wouldn't be where I am if you werent in my life. Christ you're not even gone and I'm already breaking down." I laughed silently, wiping my tears. He squeezed me, making me giggle.

"Shhh. Come on Luce. This isn't goodbye. Don't make it that way."

I nodded and leaned up, kissing him. We must have stayed this way longer than intented. But letting go now wasn't an option. My best friend. My rock. The man who gave me more than I've ever asked. He was leaving me.

..

I stayed up late that night, bathing Maxwell and thinking of Andrew. He had to work late, maybe his last day. I knew this had to be hurting him deeply. He loved his job. But like he said, it was time to move on.

"Mommy bubble!" Max giggled as he followed a bubble floating in the air with his eyes. I smiled and kissed his cheek.

"I love you so much Maxwell. I hope one day when you're old enough, you'll know how much I love your father. How much he's done for me."

He just looked at me and played with the little boat that was floating in the water. I sighed and rinsed him off, pulling him out of the tub and wrapping a towel around his body.

The sound of the front door opening and closing was enough to stir Max up and get him excited to see his daddy. I giggled and picked him up, walking out of the room to see Andrew sitting on the sofa alone, looking down at something in his hands.

"Andrew? You alright?" I asked. He sighed and shook his head.

"Lucy I....I love you so much. You and Maxwell. I would never do anything to hurt you two. But....tonight I just need to be alone."

I looked at him strangley and walked over to him. "Andrew, babe what's wrong?"

"There's nothing left for me. Even you won't...." he looked at me and stopped mid sentence. I watched as he stood up and grabbed his car keys. "I'll be back alright? I have something to take care of. I love you."

"I love you too Andrew. Be back as soon as you can alright?"

He nodded and left, closing the door behind him. I sighed and looked down at Max. He was chewing on the towel and making growling noises. I tapped the tip of his nose.

"Lets get you dressed alright? We'll wait up for daddy to tell him the good news." I smiled.

..

It's been over two weeks since I've seen John. He's still been with Yoko on and off. To be honest, I don't really know anymore what's been going on with those two. I knew she knew about mine and John's friendship.

Me and John have managed to keep close for a few months now. I didn't see him too often since we were both living seperate lives. But, we still met up now and then. Had dinner and a few laughs. It was to the point that I didn't really didn't need John for sex or intimacy. It was just friendship. A shoulder to lean on. I just hope we'd still be friends after my small discovery two days ago.

..

After about an hour of waiting for Andrew, I looked at the clock and held the small stick in my hand. Maxwell asleep on the sofa. His bottom in the air. I giggled and layed him straight, pulling his blanket over his body.

I sighed, turning the t.v. off. The phone rang loudly, before I hurriedly answered it, careful not to awaken Max.

"Hello?"

"Lucy Daniels. We've been informed to call you by a mister Andrew Stephens? He's in the hospital under critical condition. We advise you come over immediately."

I dropped the stick on the floor and hung up, grabbing my coat and picking up Max in my arms.

..

I arrived at the hospital minutes later, rushing to the front desk, asking about Andrew. She gave me the floor number and the doctors name. I hurriedly made my way up, juggling my purse in one arm, and Max in the other. I was approached my a doctor who looked at me sympathetically.

Everything seemed to be all to surreal. His words echoed in my ears, my heart racing, my hand covering my mouth as I shook my head and burst out into tears. The words, Car crash, intoxicated, blood loss, convulsions, Lucy, being the last thing he said.

Max just stared at me as I cried loudly in the empty hallway. The doctor trying to console me, hugging me as I cried harder into his chest. Everything in my life taking a sudden pause, for me to just stand here and cry my heart out.

........

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

341 7 5
Something by Bianca Angelien Aban Claveria "Paul, looking embarrassed, took the seat next to John facing me. He kept his head slightly down, as he m...
7.7K 352 27
He never grew up after his loss, but she did. He had been living in the past for the last 17 years, refusing to move on from what happened. No one wo...
8.5K 458 60
Anna Kelly has been eyeing him since she moved to Liverpool in the summer of 1957. A mutual obsession with rock n' roll and their big dreams bring th...
43.2K 1.5K 42
In the Spring of 1963, Cynthia Lennon gives birth to a beautiful baby boy. However, things don't go to plan, as complications during the delivery go...