Crush or Be Crushed (EDITING)

By xCorruptedSocietyx

Alexandra Smith... She's one of those girls who hates being late to class and always abides by the rules. Ale... More

A/N
Chapter 1: First Day of School
Chapter 2: Meeting Mr. Bad Boy
Chapter 3: Date?
Chapter 4: Brother Trouble
Chapter 5: The Science Project
Chapter 6: The Devil is Evil
Chapter 7: The First Meet
Chapter 8: Best Friend Say What?
Chapter 9: Who's Ready to Party?
Chapter 10: War with Mr. Noodle Arms
Chapter 11: Dad
Chapter 12: It's Raining Pink Lemonade
Chapter 13: Who Tagged You Along?
Chapter 14: Batman Stuffed Toys and Memories
Chapter 15: Trust Issues
Chapter 16: Dodgeball Massacre
Chapter 17: The Bad Boy's Death Lair
Chapter 18: Little Miss Johns
Chapter 19: What Are We?
Chapter 20: Legally Illegal
Chapter 21: Gobble Gobble
Chapter 23: Parties and Games
Chapter 24: Drunk in Love
Chapter 25: Murry Christmas
Chapter 26: Falling Into a Black Abyss
Chapter 27: You Can't Escape The Past
Chapter 28: Microwave Problems
Chapter 29: The Science Fair
Chapter 30: A Happy Valentine's Day?
Chapter 31: An Even Bigger Confession
Chapter 32: Alex Gone Missing
Chapter 33: A Crushed Heart
Chapter 34: Colorless Walls and Weeping Women
Chapter 35: Thinking Back
ANNOUNCEMENT

Chapter 22: Gimme My Money

308 18 2
By xCorruptedSocietyx

CS
~ Fallin' For You ~
By: R5

Derek's P.O.V.

"Okay. So, after that, what do you do?" Alex asks me as she stares at my concentrating face.

"Umm...add?" I say.

"Ugh... No, Derek, no. We just did a problem similar to this." She sighs as she runs a hand through her hair. "You-"

"Multiply?" I say as I cut her off.

"No, Derek. You-"

"Divide?"

"Derek. Listen to-"

"Oh! I got it now. You subtract."

"NO!" She screams in frustration. Everyone in the library turns to us and we quiet down. "Oops...sorry." Alex mumbles to them and then turns to me. "Okay..." She sighs. "Derek. Keep your mouth shut and let me explain this to you."

I nod silently as I watch her hands write down the math problem.

"Let's start over. So you have this problem right here. First you have to do whatever is in the paranthese before you do anything else. Okay?"

"Mhm..." I mumble.

"After that, you have to find out what x is by multiplying this and subracting that. Here, do what I just told you to do." Alex hands me the pencil and I start to write.

"Like this?" I ask looking at the problem.

"Good. Now you have to transfer this over to the other side." I do what she indicates and she nods in approval.

"Then, you divide nine x by nine and one thousand one hundred twenty-five by nine as well." I solve the problem and circle my answer. "There's your answer." Alex says as she slumps down in her seat. "Who knew tutoring you was this frustrating?"

I whack her on the arm. "Hey! That's hurtful yet true." I laugh.

She sighs and gets up. "Well, time to find a book." 

"Really? A book? Who has time for those?" I say as I watch her scan the shelves.

"Apparently I do." She answers back and crouches down to look at the bottom shelf.

I sigh and get up. I walk beside her and crouch down as well. "What are you looking for?"

"Nothing in particular. I'm just looking for something interesting to read." Her finger scan the edges of the books. "Hmm...Read this. Read this. Read this..." 

"Whoa. Seriously? You read all those?" I say surprised.

"Not all of them."

"Uh huh. Not all of them." A silence stretches between us. She keeps seaching for a book while I just stared at her. Not to sound creepy or anything. Her hair is in a high bun today and she is wearing black leggings, a marvel t-shirt, and boots. Her face is twisted into a concentrated expresion which I find cute. "Aha! I found it!" Alex exclaims as she pulls out a book and scans the back for a summary.

"What's it about?" I ask.

"Some guy who-"

"Nevermind. I'm bored already." I say as she rolls her eyes and we get up. We both walk over to the desk and check out the book. "So...wanna grab lunch?" I ask once we're outside.

"Sure." She says as she puts the book in her bag. 

"Actually scratch that. Let's go watch a movie." I say. I grab her hand and start walking toward the direction of the movie theater. I feel her tense up under my touch and I smile to myself.

"A movie?"

"Yes. Isn't that what I said?"

"Uh okay I guess, but I'm paying for my popcorn."

"Nope. My treat. No objections." We reach the theater and get inside. "What do you want to watch?" I ask as we reach the ticket booth.

"OH! Mockingjay!" Alex says excitedly.

"Two tickets for Mockingjay, please." I pay and we recieve our tickets. "Go get seats for us while I get our food. What do you want to drink?"

"Uh coke will be fine." I nod and we split up. 

A few minutes later I walk into the theater with a large coke and a tub of popcorn in my hands. I scan the seats until my eyes land on Alex. She's talking to some guy a few seats down. I feel my blood boil as I make my way to our seats. "Hey, babe. I got our food." I say. She looks at me confused and surprised. I chuckle and sit down next to her. 

"Oh. Is he your boyfriend?" The guy asks. He looks to be around our age. He has brown spiked up hair with hazel eyes and is dressed in fairly casual clothing. 

"Yes. In fact I am. Nice talking to you. Buh-bye." I say before Alex gets the chance to speak.

"Oh okay. Sure. Later." The guy says as he turns his attention back to the screen.

"What the hell?" Alex says as she hits my arm. "Since when were you my boyfriend?"

"Just right now." I say smugly as I gobble down some popcorn. "Besides, I know you want me to be your boyfriend because you want some of this." I wave my hands over my body as I smirk.

"Puh-lease. Believe me. I wouldn't." She grabs a popcorn and I steal it away by grabbing it with my teeth. "HEY! That was mine!"

I laugh as I am being whacked by her. "S-sorry. I couldn't help it."

She huffs and pops one in her mouth. "W-wait. Why is there only one soda?"

"We're going to share. Duh." I say and take a sip.

"B-but. Can we at least have two straws?"

"Why? Scared of an indirect kiss?" I smirk as I move closer to her.

"Wha- S-stop!" Alex says as she moves away.

I chuckle and move back. "You're so funny, cutie." I take out an extra straw and poke it through the hole. "Here. Why would I forget about your insecurities?"

"S-shut up. The movie's starting." She says turning away with the slightest tint in her cheeks. Point one for Derek.

~

We walk out of the theater and I yawn. 

"Quit yawning. It was a good movie." Alex says nudging me.

"Sure." I mumble.

She rolls her eyes and we walk to her house. "Well, see you later. Thanks for the movie." 

"Okay. Thanks for the tutoring." I say. We wave good-bye and I turn away with a small smile on my face. My smile fades as I realize something. I whip out my phone and dial Francis's number. It takes a couple of rings before he picks up.

"Hello? Derek?"

"Hey, dude. Where are you right now?"

"I'm at home with Gabe playing video games."

"Okay. I'm coming over, if that's fine with you."

"Oh yes of course. I don't mind."

"Great. See you in a few."

We hang up and I make my way to Francis's house.

~

"So, what's been bugging you?" Francis asks once we finish a round of Halo. Both boys turn to me and I lean back onto the couch.

"Well..." I start.

"Well?" Gabe asks.

"Does this have to do with Alex?" Francis asks with a hint in his eye.

I nod and the boys tense up.

"Spill." Both order and I chuckle.

I look down at my hands and say, "I don't know. It's just that, whenever I'm around her, I get all protective and stuff. Plus, when we touch," I pause cracking a laugh and a smile. "I have this weird tingly feeling. Not to sound gay or anything." I chuckle. "I can't help but to stare at her. It's like an addiction. Not to mention, she is cute. And her smile just gets me all the time."

"Derek?" Francis says. I look up at them only to see them grinning like maniacs. "Do you have feelings for Alex?"

My eyes widen. "Holy shit. Do you think I do?"

"The question is. Do you think you do?" Gabe asks raising his eyebrows.

I ponder for a moment. All those moments when I was around her made me feel nice. I have a soft spot for her and I'm possesive. A while ago, when I saw her with another guy, I even called myself her boyfriend. And when she mentioned her ex at the Thanksgiving dinner, I felt rage in my stomach. Is it true? Do I like Alex? I ponder a bit more before I come to my conclusion. "Guys... I think I like Alex..."

They gasp and jump around like little school girls. "I KNEW IT! Gabe! Pay up!" Francis yells.

"AW...Dammit!" Gabe says.

"Whoa hold up! What the fuck is going on here?" I ask confused.

"We made a bet determining how long it took you to notice your feeling for Alex. I said about three months and Gabe said five. Sucks for him. I won!" Francis exclaims happily while Gabe huffs.

"You guys are idiots." I chuckle.

I still can't believe myself. I am a cocky, bad-ass who never falls for girls. Yet, she seems to have broken right through my barrier. That's right...

I like Alexandra frickin Smith.

There you have it, guys. I hope you liked this chapter and I hope you had a fablulous Thanksgiving. Love you! :D <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 156 24
Tess Stone. A girl that dosent give a shit about what people say about her. She moves to a new school in California and she dosent know how it's goin...
67.7K 1.8K 36
Meet Violet Summers. She's the sarcastic girl who doesn't really ever get noticed by anyone. She blends into any crowd because of how "normal" she is...
119K 3.5K 25
"I'm done, cupcake. I can't anymore," he mumbled, wiping his eyes. I turned to look at him and took his head into my hands. Both my hands were on eit...
7M 211K 53
|HIGHEST RANK #1 IN TEEN FICTION| * When a Good girl meets a Bad boy, things are about to get cheesy and cute* when Amelia Greene heard the rumour...