The Haunted Mansion

By DangerousDreamer_24

How hard is it to move from an apartment in a small town to a huge mansion in the city? Everyone's dream righ... More

I'm Home
Bright light shine
A pinch of magic
Only a girl
Dreamin' in My Way
Love is a miracle
Best friends forever
One to One
Return to me
The Power of Fire
Good Girls, Bad Girls
Feeling Fine
Can You Feel The Magic?
Endlessly
Simply Better Than Alone
A Love Will Bloom
Live My Life
Talking About Love
Heart Of Stone
Epilogue

A sky without the moon & stars

84 12 3
By DangerousDreamer_24

"What? Why didn't you tell me?" I asked him, then paused "oh James this is Anisha and Anisha he's my little brother, James."

"You didn't tell me." He said

"Okay now tell me exactly what happened, no lies or secrets." I said in an elder sister kind of voice.

He then told me everything, and it turned out to be exactly what I had experienced. What was happening?

I tried to come up with theories like it was a prank or we had some psychological disorder but I couldn't get myself to believe either of them.

Of course as a fan of the paranormal I thought of that as an option but why us?

"From when did these weird attacks start?" Anisha asked

"When school started." I replied

"Okay..." she said stretching the words.

From the look on her face I could make out that she was trying to understand what was happening, I'm guessing she succeeded in it?

"You guys aren't hiding anything right?" she asked giving us suspicious looks

"Well...I the day before we moved here I would see this green light which appeared to dissolve the sky." I said

"Same here" James said

"So what you have told me so far was that a day before shifting here you guys saw a green light dissolving the sky, after the first day of school you saw your surrounds get dissolved by a green light or liquid and then you would hear the sound of liquid dripping. Any movement you guys made when you were stuck in this alternate dimension thingy was punished with electric shocks. Correct me if I'm wrong about the information I just mentioned?" Anisha asked

"You forgot that after the sound of liquid dripping there was a slight burning sound." Said James

She nodded.

"Did you guys notice anything weird going on lately?" she asked after a slight pause

"I'm not sure if it's weird but there is an SKP symbol on almost all the furniture in the house." I said

"I noticed it too." Said James "should we Google it?"

"Yes"

James opened his laptop and was googling what SKP stood for. The first few searches were useless as all fertilizers came up on the screen. Which was NPK and not SKP.

Finally after a couple of searches something sensible came up. It was a picture of our mansion and the title of the web page was 'Sylvester K Pierce and The Victorian Mansion'.

As soon as we saw it, James clicked on it and it opened the web page where the following information was displayed:

Sylvester K. Pierce was a famous chair manufacturer in the 1800.He was one of the most well-known manufacturers of his time and made his city proud. In the year 1875 Mr. Pierce made a huge profit in a manufacturing deal which led to the creation of the majestic Victorian Mansion where he lived with his two sons John. K Pierce and Paul K. Pierce. Not long after the creation of the mansion Mr. Pierce died passing on the property to his sons who died not long after their father.

The house was then abandoned for a few years and was then bought by a wealthy businessman, who died a year later in the mansion. The later owners of the mansion also died in a year or two, inside the mansion. The way they died isn't understood yet by forensic analyst and the most mysterious part was they all died it the same way.

This was one of the scariest articles I have read in my life, and what made it scarier was the fact that it was my house! These people died in the house I'm living in. god, I might faint or die who knows.

"There's another article related to this do you guys want to read it?" James asked in a soft voice indicating even he was terrified.

"Okay?" 

He clicked on the next article, as soon as he did that the screen froze and all of a sudden went off. All three of us just stared at the screen and when we felt the laptop died it suddenly came back on. I screamed (it was scary, okay). The screen was loading and continued to load for ten minutes.

No one spoke to each other we all were lost in our thoughts. I'm assuming everyone was thinking about the sad lives of the past owners and how in a year we would be ashes, well Anisha wouldn't be thinking about the last part because she can escape. James and I might be dead.

"Guys" Anisha said, breaking a twenty minute silence "I have my dance class so I need to go"

"Ok, anyways I don't think this link is going to open. But if it does I'll text you." I said

"Thanks"

"No, thank you for helping me Anisha. You're a great friend." I said

"Anytime girl." She said leaving the house.

"Should I shut the laptop and try again later?" James asked me as Anisha left.

"Sure" I said

I knew that both of us loved stuff like this but not when it's happening to us. But one good thing was now I knew what SKP stood for (not exactly good but it satisfied my distracted mind).

I went up the stairs to study in my room and as I opened the window I saw the same green light moving towards me, hiding behind the clouds and dissolving it while it moved forward.

But this time the light was weird, as it came extremely close to my house I could hear the sound of the liquid dripping and then the sound of something burning. I looked closely and saw a red liquid dripping from the cloud and as it touched the ground it was burnt.

Somehow but I don't know how I could feel this pain, it just rushed through my body hurting every cell present in me. When I looked even closer I realized that I shouldn't have done that. The dripping liquid was blood, burning as it reached the ground.

I screamed on the top of my voice but it felt like no one could hear me. I shut my eyes praying that this gruesome scene would just disappear. Surprisingly my prayers worked because the blood and the green light was gone completely and I saw my normal blue sky slowly turning in to a darker shade of blue for the night.

Then I remembered, if this happened to me it must have happened to James too.

I rushed down the stairs and saw James sitting on the dining table gulping a glass of water. His face was pale and sweaty and his hands were trembling with fear as he placed the glass on the table.

I rushed towards him and hugged him lovingly just like an elder sister. He hugged me back, which rarely happened so I was happy about it.

"You saw it too, huh?" I asked him.

"That's very freaky." He managed to say

"I know" I said.

"What should we do now?" he asked

"Well I guess we could finish our homework, have an early dinner so that we could sleep on time." I said, literally not believing anything I had just said.

Somehow he seemed to agree to what I had said and slowly climbed up the stairs to do his homework.

I didn't sleep very well last night, the fear of dying in a year or two scared me. The lack of sleep made the skin below my eyes appear black as if I was beaten up and my eyes were red from all the crying. I literally drank three cups of coffee to activate my brain.

As I was walking to school I felt extremely weird kind of a scared weird like something was going to happen. I tried to get rid of this thought but it kept coming back to me like a warning.

After a few steps I started feeling dizzy so I stopped walking. Maybe it was because I hadn't sleep very well.

But that thought was proven wrong when my surrounds started becoming darker and darker and slowly pitch black. Normally before becoming completely black the green light would be visible but today I didn't see any green light.

I was feeling extremely dizzy at the moment and it felt like I was at the center of a tornado. After a few seconds a bolt of green light struck my right hand, and as soon as that happened I felt down.

The lightning bolt caused a deep cut from my wrist to my elbow, blood was oozing out of the wound like a fountain. I cried in pain. The bleeding didn't seemed to stop just like the tears rolling down from my eyes.

When the blood seemed to stop flowing, another bolt of green lightning struck my hand in the same place. I cried and screamed as I saw that there was blood all over me and thoughts of death clouded my mind.

After a few seconds I found myself laying my head on what seemed to be a solid surface as I noticed the darkness fading away and light appearing. I tried to keep my eyes open for as long as I could until I finally gave up and decided to shut them. The last thing I could see was a person rushing towards me, calling my name.

My eyes opened slowly, I noticed I was sitting in a hospital room. I looked at my right hand it was tapped in bandages but I saw that blood was still trying to make its way out.

I tried moving my hand but I couldn't instead I winced in pain. Hearing my voice I heard a chair move and a person walking towards me.

It was Nick.

"Where am I?" I asked him

"School infirmary." He answered "I found you unconscious on the pavement and this seemed like the nearest place to get an injured person."

"Thank you." I said remembering the short distance between my home and the school.

"Soo... what exactly happened?" he asked "if you don't mind me asking"

I opened my mouth to answer when I saw the nurse enter, using sign-language I indicated that I would tell him later, I didn't want the school nurse to think I'm insane.

"Okay, so you have got hurt pretty badly and oh my god" she said as she saw more blood oozing out. "Wait here let me get another bandage"

She then exited the room and returned a few seconds with a bandage. As she started to remove the previous bandage, I pressed my lips together hoping not to scream all of a sudden. I got a slight glimpse of my wound, it was deep and it looked extremely horrific and scary.

"And done" she said as she finished bandaging my wound.

"Thank you." I said and was ready to get up when I noticed I was wearing different clothes. It was blue jeans and a crop top. Where were my clothes?

Then it struck me, there was blood all over my clothes so the school's extra clothes.

"Before you go your parents want to speak with you." Said the nurse handing me the phone.

I didn't know what to tell my parents, they wouldn't believe.

"Hi mom" I said trying to make my voice sound as normal as possible.

"Sweetie are you fine? What happened?" my mom asked, all tensed up

"I'm fine mom nothing serious, just a cut." I said

"Okay sweetie, but remember your dad and I have back to back meeting in New York we'll be back next week. Love you."

"Love you too mom. Bye" I said handing the phone back to the nurse.

I grabbed my bag and headed out of the infirmary, Nick was already outside waiting for me.

"So I'm assuming this isn't just a cut?" he asked

"I wish it was." I replied

"So you want to tell me what's going on?" he asked politely.

There was a slight pause. I was thinking whether he would believe me or just laugh but for some reason I trusted him, even though I knew him for only a week.

"You know it's fine if you don't tell me." He said softly.

"No, I need to tell you." I said "but first answer my question"

"What's that?"

"Well...do you believe in ghost?" 

***
The chapter refers to certain people who were an important part of history. I as an author, do not intend to offend anyone reading this. It is only for reading purposes and not to hurt anyone's sentiments.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding ❤
***
***
Chapter cover credit:
                                                   originalimage: @littleashley(PICSART)
Remix by: @dangerouswomen_2016(PICSART)
***

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

408 35 22
Don't open a scam email, or risk being trapped of what it put you in, and there's no way of escape... But how much would you go by saving a friend, j...
Indespectus ✔ By L

Teen Fiction

3K 171 25
Ever wandered what it's like to have someone's life in the palm of your hand? Knowing at the push if a trigger that they will cease to live in this w...
76.6K 3K 62
There's something right about Sylv. It's the way he makes Rose feel when he touches her. It's the way he can make her smile. It's the way they can b...
1.8M 89.3K 59
There's a lot of secrets that live in this house, so many bad things happened that would give you nightmares. After a tragedy that changed the commu...