Vanilla Spice, 2 sugars

By OO7ismyname

When Brooke Taylor is forced to leave London and move to California, she has a plan. She's sick of being popu... More

Vanilla Spice, 2 sugars
Chapter 2- I should have stayed in bed...
Chapter 3- The fairytale Town
Chapter 4- Maybe there are some sentimental jerks.
Chapter 5- My plans always suck...
Chapter 6- Vanilla Spice Chaos
Chapter 7- "Your brother likes me"
Chapter 8- 8th member of 'The Seven'
Chapter 9- Bethany
Chapter 10? Been so long, I cant remember...
IMPORTANT NOTICE
Chapter 12- A night In
Chapter 13- Movie night
Chapter 14- The worst plan ever.

Chapter 11- Memories

479 14 7
By OO7ismyname

Hey!

Let's just say that inspiration for this story hit me like a ton of bricks, and I'm thinking that I may be uploading another chapter tomorrow!!

I was reading my story from the beginning yesterday, and that completely refreshed my memory, and reminded me that you are all amazing readers!

I remembered how excited I was after writing my first chapter to find I had 25 reads, and I realised that I had become too obsessed by the number of reads, so I'm back and I'm focusing on the writing! (But I'm totally not complaining about getting 2000 reads, that's AWESOME! ;) ) aha!

But anyways, here's chapter 11 for you guys!

Enjoy ;) x

-------

Chapter 11- Memories

BROOKE'S POV

Pushing open the front door, I dropped my bag on the floor and sighed. My eyes were closing frequently and it took a lot of concentration to keep them open. Sugar. I thought to myself as I made my way towards the kitchen. Grabbing a packet of Oreos I spun on my heels in the direction of the lounge, to find Aunt Lilly smiling at me.

"Hey sweetie! How's everything going?" She chirped, "You look exhausted"

"Yeah, I really just need to relax. Everything's been so hectic since I arrived, and I only just got here a week ago!" I chuckled

"Don't worry, it should calm down after a while. How's work? I mean, if it's tiring you out you can totally stop! It's no problem, it must be hard for you" She smile weakly at me

"No! I love work! Meeting everyone and making friends, it's just tiring have to remember everyones names, and getting used to the town, and working of whose nice and who isn't," I didn't mention dealing with a complete jerk at the same time, and having the only single and nice guy half way across the world.

Actually, I had completely forgotten about Ryan. How long had he been away? Almost a week? I guess, I should really talk to him. I'll text him later.

"You look like you need to use the spa sweetie" Lilly suggested

"The spa? Where ls that?" I asked, thinking that I needed t this instant. Lilly burst out laughing at me

"Have you even looked around the house? It's right upstairs!" She carried on chuckling

"What? But only Calvin and my rooms are upstairs?" I thought out loud, "Oh my god! I'm such an idiot!" I hadn't even thought about Lilly's room, or the fact that this house was so gigantic but all I thought was in it were 2 bedrooms and a ground floor!

Lilly burst out laughing at me again, "Did you even realise there's a elevator?" She chuckled

"No! Omg! Ok, I'm gonna go explore!" I squeaked excitedly, rushing out of the kitchen and leaping through the entrance room looking for a lift. And sure enough, on the left a lift was standing waiting for me! I pressed the button and waited for it to open as I heard a voice behind me

"Hey squirt!" Calvin jumped up behind me and squeezed me in the ribs, making my jump

"Calvin! Seriously don't do that! You gave a me heart attack!" I yelled as I heard the lift doors opening behind me "Did you know there's spa?" I asked excitedly, Calvin looked at me intently for a second before bursting out laughing.

"Brooke! You do know theres also a swimming pool, music room, games room, snooker room, cinema and practically a theatre right?" He watched my jaw drop And was about to burst out laughing again when his phone beeped, he shot me an apologetic smile

"Answer it!" I said turning round to get in the lift, just before the doors closed I pointed to him "We're having a movie night tonight Calvin. So I expect you in the lounge by 8 o clock. Sharp." He nodded and smirked as the doors shut.

Stepping out into the first floor, I looked around to see the walls were made completely of glass and gave an amazing view of the ocean on both sides. I realised that it must be at the back of the house, because I could clearly see each way down the beach. Stepping down the glass corridor, I came to stop at the first door on my right, and walked inside. There was a huge screen at the front of the room and the rest was filled with comfy looking red cinema chairs. I whistled to myself as I took in the space, and then made my way further down the corridor to a door on my left.

As soon as I stepped inside I felt heat radiating from everywhere and looked around to see a small changing space that lead out into a full-blown spa. The room was decorated with wood panels as walls and a marble floor that was hot against my bare feet.

I'll come back later, I thought and carried on down the corridor to another room. It was lit softly with a huge snooker table in the middle, no prizes for guessing what that room was for. I carried on and made my way to the next room, it had tiles down the walls and a huge glass wall that looked out onto the ocean just like every other room I had been in. The swimming pool glistened softly and was lit up under water as well to make it even prettier.

The next room was full of games like table football, darts and play stations, I wasn't that interested in it to be honest. I walked out and made my way to the final room of the corridor, I hesitated a second before gently pushing the door open and stepping in silently. It wasn't Lilly's room like I expected, but a huge music room.

The walls were also made of glass, but this room just felt different. It felt like no-one had been in here for years. In the centre of the room was a white grand piano, light from the glass walls flooded onto it and was reflected in every direction. All around the room were all the instruments you could imagine with their various equipment.

"Lilly has everything" I muttered under my breath as I took a seat on the grand piano and lifted the dusty lid of it. Running my fingers across the keys, I sighed heavily. I had played the piano for 8 years, in fact, I had played most of the instruments in the room for 8 years. Until I stopped. Until music became a harbour for bas memories. Memories came flooding back to me as I sat on the comfy stool, replaying the images in my head from Christmas three years ago.

*Flashback*

"Ok, it may not be good, I've only been practising it for a couple of days!" I chirped excitedly, swinging my legs off the piano stool and beaming at my parents and Calvin.

"Just get on with it Brooke, we don't have all day" Mum snapped at me, her eyes still fixed to her phone as she sat on the sofa next to the huge Christmas tree.

"Ok" I muttered quickly, not wanting to get in trouble

"Take your time Brooke, we can wait" Calvin re-assured me quickly, giving me a smile

"No, actually we can't!" Dad raised his voice "Get on with it Brooke, you made us miss our Christmas lunch for this, so it better be good" He glared at me

"Sorry, sorry, ok" I took a deep breath.

My fingers moved swiftly up and down the piano keys as I focused on remembering all the notes I had composed in my head, both my hands were playing so fast I could barely see them. The lullaby suddenly slowed down into various chords that stretched my hands so hard they hurt, but I carried on playing, my piece moved smoothly into another fast section and again my fingers were moving to fast for my brain to acknowledge. As the piece ended I slowed down and landed on a final note, that lingered in the air for a couple of seconds before dying off.

The room was silent as I turned around sheepishly to face my parents, I saw Calvin's face first as he beamed at me proudly

"Brooke! That was amazing! And you composed that?" Calvin asked interestedly, I nodded a little before turning to my parents.

Mums eyes were will glued to her phone and Dad had a huge frown upon his face

"THAT? That's it? Thats what you interrupted us for?" Dads voice was rising with each word as he stood up and stormed over to me "Me and your mother were enjoying a peaceful Christmas day without you two bothering us, and you ruin it to show us THAT?" He hissed at me, leaning over the piano stool and glaring at me.

Calvin got up and shoved dad away from me, not saying a word but glaring viciously. Dad threw him back onto the sofa "Stay out of this Calvin!" He shouted, smacking him square across the jaw leaving a long cut along Calvin cheek

"I'm s-sorry" I mumbled, my voice shaking uncontrollably as I stared at the cream carpet trying my best not to cry

"No you're not" Dad hissed at me, "You're a selfish, greedy little girl who seeks attention every second of the day!" He yelled, pulling me up off the piano stool by the collar of my dress.

Calvin got up again and was yelling at Dad furiously, but I didn't see or hear any or that, I was staring desperately at my my mum, silently begging her to help me, but her eyes were still fixed to her mobile as if nothing was happening; as if her husband wasn't choking her twelve year old daughter.

*End of flashback*

I didn't realise that tears were falling onto the piano keys as I sat there, and I didn't notice that I had started playing the lullaby I had composed three years ago. All I knew was that the memory I had blocked out of my mind was now flooding through my head again, and there was nothing I could do to stop it.

••••••••••

"Hey Brooke, how was the spa-" Lilly started to ask me as I rushed out of the lift and ran to the front door.

"Good thanks" I mumbled before throwing it open and sprinting to the beach. I didn't stop running until I reached the waters edge. I stood there for a while before sinking to the ground and letting the water soak my denim shorts and tank top. Thoughts and emotion filled my mind as I sat there, in the warm water, soaking up the warm early evening sun. I breathed in the sea air and sighed heavily.

I didn't want to think about my parents anymore. I needed a distraction, and I knew just the thing. I reached into my pocket and bought out my phone.

"Damn" I said aloud, hoping the water hadn't broken it completely. Luckily, it was still working and I wrote out a message to Ryan.

Hey! :) How's New Zealand? Everyone misses you here! :( x

That was ok, I thought as I hit the 'send' button, Ryan was a really nice, good-looking, sweet, funny guy...the total opposite of Blake. Ryan would always be there for me no matter what, and I was excited to get to know him better when he got back.

'Keep telling yourself that, then you might believe it.'

Oh shut up, I told my sub-conscience, not wanting to get in a full blown war with myself.

'Alright missy, no need to get cheeky, I'm just letting you know that your heart likes Blake, and your head? Well, it's lying if it tells you that you don't '

I said shut up, I told it again. YEESH, I am not having a fight with myself, mind wars are for crazy people!

My sub-conscience was about to argue back when my phone beeped, I smiled at the thought of Ryan replying so quick, but when I looked at my phone I saw it was Hailey texting me.

'Be at mine in 10 minutes, everyone's meeting to watch sunset on the pier ;) xx'

I smiled and replied

'Okaydokey :) sounds great! xx'

I sent it, got up and started walking to the house, when my phone beeped again, another text from Hailey

'Actually, change of plans :/ Blake needs a lift there so can you be a angel and drive him? There isn't enough space in my car and Sam doesn't want to :( Please? :) xx'

I groaned loudly before replying

Okay, you owe me one though ;) xx

As I walked up the drive I glanced next door at Blake's house.

My excitement for tonight had dissolved into absolute dread.

---------------------

Bit of a filler, sorry about that but you've got to have them to get to the good bits!

Please do vote, comment, or fan... It doesn't take long and it's great to hear your views! :D x

Continue Reading