Don't Tell My Boss I Work As...

By Inmila

(Y/N) (L/N) is the secretary for the famous pro-duelist Aster Phoenix for two years. She isn't well-liked in... More

Chapter 1 {Secretary By Day and Maid By Night}
Chapter 2 {Serving Your Boss}
Chapter 3 {Keep this Secret Between Us}
Chapter 4 {Getting Even With Your Boss}
Chapter 5 {Overworking Yourself}
Chapter 6 {Stalker}
Chapter 7 {Hangout with a Celebrity}
Chapter 8 {Reconnecting A Childhood Friend}
Chapter 9 {Confront Someone In Need}
Chapter 10 {Assist A Higher Up}
Chapter 11 {Destress Conversation}
Chapter 12 {Being Your Boss's Personal Tailor}
Chapter 13 {Discussing Outfits}
Chapter 14 {Attention Seeker}
Chapter 16 {Dealing With Envy}
Chapter 17 {Rivalry For Love}
Chapter 18 {Find An Outfit to Impress}
Chapter 19 {Restraining A Complicated Relationship}
Chapter 20 {Meeting an Overprotective Father}

Chapter 15 {Neighbors}

168 7 3
By Inmila

A/N: Hey guys, this is chapter fifteen. Enjoy! 😊

(Y/N) stood still couldn't believe that Jesse and she will be living next door to each other. Jesse smiled as he was happy to see (Y/N).

"You're going to live here? Don't you have money?" (Y/N) said still confused.

"That's the thing, I don't know how long I could afford the previous apartment. I do but it's not worth wasting it for a luxurious apartment." Jesse explained.

"I see your point." (Y/N) said.

"Also the cafe is really close and it would be a lot easier to spend time together." Jesse said still giving her a bright smile.

"Right." (Y/N) said.

"Well, I'll go. Have a goodnight Bella and see you tomorrow." Jesse said.

"You too Jesse." (Y/N) said opened the door and went inside.

She closed the door and checked on her father. He was asleep on his bed. She went into her room and throw her bag aside from her bed as she laid down on the bed. She hugs the bunny plushie for comfort.

"*sigh* Great now I have to worry about Jesse. It's going to be hard to have him avoid Aster." (Y/N) said.

Time-Skip Next Morning in the Office

(Y/N) was eating oatmeal as she's getting ready for work. Finishing her bowl and wash it to leave it dry. Before leaving, she grabs her glasses and went outside. As she locked the door, she heard a voice that startled her.

"Morning neighbor." Jesse said popping out of nowhere as it frightens (Y/N).

"Oh, hey Jesse." (Y/N) said putting her keys and glasses in her pocket.

"You look different from yesterday. I never expected you to wear those types of clothes." Jesse said examining her from head to toe.

"Yeah, I not a big fan of it but it's the only way to make people take me seriously." (Y/N) said.

"Huh, but aren't you're a secretary?" Jesse asked.

"Well yes, but I take my job seriously and do not cause anything distractions from work. I wore this even though I prefer wearing skirts and dresses. I can't do anything about it but it helps for not getting flirty comments." (Y/N) answered.

"Oh well, it can't be helped. At least people won't bother you while you're working." Jesse said.

"Why are you up so early?" (Y/N) asked.

"Oh, I was having my morning jogged. To stay in shape." Jesse replied.

"What do you think about this area?" (Y/N) asked.

"It's really quiet and I explore around the area. Just to remember some places and where to go." Jesse said.

"I need to go. I don't want to be late at work." (Y/N) said.

"Alright, see you later Bella." Jesse said.

(Y/N) got in the car and drove off to work. Arriving at work, (Y/N) put on her glasses and walking towards her office. She was meant for a surprise as a red box, a bouquet of flowers an envelope with her name on it left on her desk. She slowly walked towards it thinking to be a prank by one of the guys. (Y/N) examining the bouquet as it has a white vase with a red ribbon around it. The bouquet was filled with red and white flowers. It was red mixed with white roses, carnations, lilies, baby breaths, and daisies.
Then, she opened the box, only to see strawberries covered with chocolate or white chocolate.

"Wow, this is all expensive but they must a mistake." (Y/N) said as Mindy came into her office.

"Hey, (Y/N). I see you enjoy your gift." Mindy teased her.

"My gift? You sure it isn't yours." (Y/N) asked.

"Nope, it's yours. See the envelope has your name on it." Mindy said holding the envelope.

"You sure it isn't a prank by one of the guys?" (Y/N) asked as Mindy nodded her head.

"Positive. Here opened it. I want you to read it." Mindy said giving her the envelope.

(Y/N) grabbed it and opened it. She took out the letter as she read it.

~◇~

'It's nice to know someone like you to show a soft and warm side
Any man would be lucky to have you as his future bride

Your silent and serious personality is overlooked by everyone around you
They don't understand you as I do

You're mysterious like a lockbox
But it makes you more interesting like Sherlock.

You stood out from the rest was your kindness and patience
As I admired your diligence

I hope you enjoyed your gifts hoping to make you smile as your gift to me made me smile too
The bouquet of flowers remind me of the beauty within you'

~◇~

"Aww, that's so romantic and sweet. You have a secret admirer." Mindy said nudging her.

"It is." (Y/N) said blushing by the written letter.

"I wonder who wrote it? Because it would have to be someone who works here." Mindy said.

"It doesn't matter, but the letter was so sweet and I'll accept these gifts." (Y/N) said hugging the letter by her chest.

"Aww but (Y/N), don't you want to know who gave it to you." Mindy asked.

"I don't need to know." (Y/N) said smiling.

"Have it your way, can I have one strawberry?" Mindy asked.

"Sure." (Y/N) said as Mindy grab one from the box.

"Thanks." Mindy said and left.

(Y/N) was alone as she took one of the strawberries from the box and ate it. She smiled happily thanks to the gift which made her feel more motivated and enjoy her morning.

Time passes as noon came, (Y/N) was still in her office typing for next week's schedule. She was so focused on typing that didn't notice someone coming in and walked towards her desk. He coughed which made her stop typing and looked up to see her boss.

"Oh Mr. Phoenix, do you need the copy of the report of the last meeting." (Y/N) asked quickly stood up from her seat.

"No, it's not that." Aster said.

"Oh." (Y/N) said as the room was silent and awkward.

"I see you have some gifts." Aster said breaking the silence.

"Yes, it's lovely and thoughtful for them to give me something sweet as this. Funny, I didn't expect them to know that roses are my favorite especially white roses." (Y/N) said.

'Neither did I.' Aster ponder himself as he didn't expect (Y/N) to be open towards him.

"Anyway, you should go home right now." Aster said as it made (Y/N) surprised to hear.

'Really? He's letting me go early today?' (Y/N) ponder herself thinking it was kind of him to do.

"Yes, Mr. Phoenix." (Y/N) said closed her laptop and grabbing her purse.

"Enjoy the rest of your day." Aster said heading towards the door and opening it.

He was about to leave the room until (Y/N) speak up and walked towards Aster still holding the door.

"Before you leave, you want some strawberries?" (Y/N) asked as Aster turned around to see her holding the box of strawberries in one hand and carrying the vase with the other hand.

"Alright, I'll have one." Aster said grabbing a strawberry and ate it.

"You can have more if you want." (Y/N) said.

"Well, if you insist." Aster said grabbing a couple more.

Suddenly, (Y/N) got very close to him as he raised an eyebrow. He finds it very odd as (Y/N) leans towards his ear.

"Thank you for gift." (Y/N) whispered to Aster as his eyes widen.

(Y/N) lean back and gave him a cute smiled before she left as Aster stood still. Surprised that his secretary knows that he was the one who left those gifts on her desk.

"Clever girl." Aster said with a smirk and headed back to his office.

Time-Skip to Tonight at (Y/N)'s Apartment

It was five-thirty p.m. as (Y/N) was getting ready for work. Put on her contacts and grab her black mini backpack. She walked out of her room, wearing black leggings, a pink crop top sweater with a white bunny logo printed all over the sweater, and a white tennis shoe. Headed to the kitchen to get a snack and opened the fridge. She grabbed the strawberry cover with white chocolate from the box then closed the box and fridge. She ate it and turned around to see the bouquet of flowers on the counter. She smiled and walked towards it. (Y/N) thought about the letter he wrote. She admitted it was romantic even though it was meant as a thank you for cheering him up.

"It was sweet of Aster to give me a gift and letter. It was thoughtful for him to do that but did he figure it out that I gave him the pastries yesterday." (Y/N) said touching the white rose softly.

Her mind wanders off as she's thinking about Aster. His soft silver hair, smooth pale skin, strong body, and his blue eyes. There are some things she likes about her personality wherever it's his kindness, confidence, and snarkiness that made her fall for him even more. (Y/N) was on cloud nine that she didn't notice her father coming into the kitchen.

"Sweetie, have you see my wallet?" Her father said.

"(Y/N)." Her father said as she snapped out of her daydream.

"Huh? Oh I'll be going soon." (Y/N) replied.

"That's not what I asked." Her father said in confusion.

"Oh sorry dad. What did you wanted to ask me?" (Y/N) asked.

"Do you know where is my wallet?" Her father asked again.

"You probably left it on the sofa." (Y/N) said.

Her father stared at his daughter as she playing the rose from the bouquet. He finds it strange as he knows that it's wasn't her birthday. Look at her expression says it all as he didn't want to be so sudden. It bothers him and he needed to know.

"Where did you get that?" Her father asked as it made (Y/N) nervous.

"Oh you mean the flowers? I got them from work." (Y/N) said turn to her father.

"From who?" He asked boldly.

"Oh... from my friend Mindy." (Y/N) lied.

"What's the occasion?" He asked as his tone sounded serious.

"Umm... just a thank you for helping her at work. You know did it out of kindness." (Y/N) lied worried about her father find out who really gave it to her.

"Alright then." Her father said as he calmed down.

"I'll be leaving right now, bye dad." (Y/N) said kissing him on the cheek and left.

"Bye, sweetie." Her father said.

(Y/N) closed the door and lean against it as she sighs in relief.

"That was close, for a second I thought he'll figure it out." (Y/N) said.

"Figure out of what?" (Y/N) jumped to see Jesse come out from the apartment.

"Ah! You scared me." (Y/N) said pouted.

"*chuckles* Sorry." Jesse said with a smile.

"It's fine." (Y/N) said taking a deep breath.

"Are you going to the cafe?" Jesse asked.

"Yeah, I work almost every day except Sundays." (Y/N) said.

"I'll walk with you if that's ok?" Jesse asked.

"Sure." (Y/N) said as they both started walking.

"You seemed tensed back there. Did something happen?" Jesse asked.

"Not really, just my dad being overprotective of me." (Y/N) answered.

"Oh, why is that?" Jesse asked.

"Well, he saw a bouquet that I brought home from work and asked about it. I lied that it was a gift from my friend Mindy." (Y/N) explained.

"He thinks it was a guy?" Jesse asked.

"Yeah, I didn't want him well... over-exaggerated." (Y/N) said.

"He doesn't want to see his little girl growing up." Jesse said.

"*giggles* Yup, he's really noisy when it comes guys. If he notices any guy who is interested in me or giving me gifts. He would ask so many questions about him and demanded to see him as soon as possible. Once my dad sees him, he'll be examining, and constantly watching. He'll ask serious questions like their income, background, and other personal questions." (Y/N) said.

"Well, then I better prepare myself if I don't want to be on his bad side." Jesse said.

"*giggles* He's not so bad once you get to know him." (Y/N) said.

"Ok, so do you know who is it from?" Jesse asked.

"I don't know maybe one of my coworkers. It was left on my desk when I came in." (Y/N) said.

"Have you been helping any of your coworkers recently?" Jesse asked

'Should I tell him? He doesn't seem the jealous type.' (Y/N) ponder herself but decided to tell him.

"Well, my boss. I gave him some desserts to cheer him up." (Y/N) said examining his expression.

"You think it's him?" Jesse asked.

"Probably." (Y/N) replied.

"That's kind of you to do for your boss. He's lucky to have a secretary like you." Jesse said feeling a little jealous

"*giggles* Thanks, but I don't mind making you some dessert if you feel down." (Y/N) said teasing him.

"*chuckles* I'll accept that offer. What desserts can you make?" Jesse asked.

"Mmm... pies, cakes, cookies, and cheesecakes. My favorite to make is (F/D). What about you?" (Y/N) asked.

"So many choices, I love pies especially fruit pies but if have to choose one. My favorite is blackberry pie." Jesse answer.

"I'll keep that in mind." (Y/N) said as they arrived at the cafe and went inside.

They went into the private room as Jesse sat down near the kitchen door and (Y/N) stood by the door.

"I'll just need to change and come back to take your order." (Y/N) said.

"Cool, I'll wait." Jesse said as (Y/N) went to the kitchen.

She headed to the locker room and opened her locker. She opened it to put her backpack inside and began to undress. Jasmine and Blair came into the room as they wanted to talk to (Y/N).

"Hey (Y/N), How is yesterday's walk with Jesse?" Jasmine asked.

"Fine." (Y/N) answer.

"You have been talking to him more often." Blair said.

"Yup and I'll get used to it since he's my next-door neighbor." (Y/N) said.

"What?! Shut up, for real?!" The girls said in unison.

"Yeah, I was surprised at first but he was totally serious." (Y/N) said.

"Oooooh, have a hot duelist as a next-door neighbor. I'm so jealous of you." Jasmine said.

"Have you been in his apartment?" Blair asked.

"No! That's too soon, Blair!" (Y/N) said as her face turned red.

"Is he here right now?" Jasmine asked.

"Yeah, we walked together today." (Y/N) said.

"Aww, how sweet." The girls said in unison as they both giggled.

"Shut up, I'll be in the private room to take Jesse's order." (Y/N) said closed the locker door.

"Ok, don't get carried away." Jasmine said as she and Blair giggled.

(Y/N) rolled her eyes and left. She grabs her pad and menu from the kitchen and opens the door. She walked towards Jesse who was on his phone.

"I'm here. What will be your order today?" (Y/N) asked.

"I'll have panda rolled sushi with lemonade." Jesse replied as (Y/N) tap the order on the pad and went to the kitchen.

Fifteen minutes later, (Y/N) came out with Jesse's order. She set it down on the table and put it in front of him.

"Here's your order." (Y/N) said.

"Thanks, I wanted to ask you something." Jesse said.

"Ok, what is it?" (Y/N) asked as she sat down.

"I don't know much about your morning shift beside you work there as a secretary but what type of company is it?" Jesse asked eating his food.

'Oh crap! I didn't expect him to ask this question.' (Y/N) ponder herself trying to lie on the spot.

"Oh... umm... it's a ddd... dueling comppp...pany... that fff... focuses on merchandise." (Y/N) said as didn't want him to know the truth.

"Really! That's so cool. You're so lucky to work there." Jesse said happily.

"Oh same here." (Y/N) mumbled with sarcasm.

"You should show it to me one day or I could just visit during your lunch break." Jesse said.

'Ahh! I can't let him see me working especially when Aster will notice him and my secret will be out!' (Y/N) ponder herself panicking the worst scenarios.

"Mayb.." (Y/N) was interrupted by a bell from the entrance.

"I'll check on that." (Y/N) said as Jesse nodded.

(Y/N) slowly walked away from the entrance as it was covered by curtains. Quietly took a peek, she carefully moved the curtain. Unfortunately for her, it was Aster as he waiting outside for her.

'Crap, Aster's here already?' (Y/N) ponder herself, quickly went back and grab Jesse's arm.

"Hey! (Y/N) what's going on?"Jesse asked as (Y/N) shush him.

"Shhhhh! No time to explain." (Y/N) said getting him out of his seat and pushed him towards the kitchen door.

"Easy there (Y/N). Where are you taking me?" Jesse asked as (Y/N) push into the kitchen which caused the attention to her coworkers.

"Upstairs." (Y/N) said as they went upstairs.

"Why?" Jesse asked as (Y/N) sat him down on the sofa.

"No time to explain. Just wait here. I'll be back." (Y/N) said walking back downstairs as the others watched the whole thing.

"(Y/N) what's going on and why is Jesse upstairs?" Blair asked.

"I had to hide him from Aster. He's waiting outside and I can't let him see Jesse here." (Y/N) said panicking.

"Oh." Blair said.

"Is (Y/N) having trouble with men again?" Atticus asked teasing her.

"Shut up and help me to keep Jesse upstairs so he won't be seen by Aster." (Y/N) said trying to calm herself down.

"Fine, if it makes you feel better." Jasmine said.

"Thanks, guys." (Y/N) said left the kitchen.

(Y/N) didn't expect Aster to sit down. She quickly grabs the leftover foods from Jesse. She was about to head back into the kitchen until Aster noticed (Y/N).

"Bella." Aster said as (Y/N turned around.

"Oh, hello Aster." (Y/N) said as Aster noticed (Y/N) holding a plate of food.

"Did someone came in?" Aster asked

"Oh... yeah, but Jasmine forgot to clean the table. The customer came in way before my shift started." (Y/N) lied.

"Ok, not many customers using the private room." Aster said raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, it's expensive to be here. I'll be back." (Y/N) said went back to the kitchen.

(Y/N) threw the food in the trash and put the dirty dishes in the sink. She quickly makes black tea while waiting for the menu. She was about to go upstairs but the order was finished. She grabs the order and a cup of tea and went back to the private room.

Meanwhile, Jesse sitting on the couch. He was waiting for (Y/N) for a while. He went downstairs to find (Y/N). He looked around the kitchen but no sign of her. He thought maybe she's in the private and heading towards the door. Jasmine noticed that Jesse was about to leave and stop him.

"Hey Jesse what's up?" Jasmine asked

"I'm good, I'm looking for Bella. She's been gone for twenty minutes." Jesse said.

"Oh, well I don't know where she is." Jasmine said as Jesse looked at the window from the kitchen door to see (Y/N).

"What's Bella doing?" Jesse asked as Jasmine block the door.

"She's probably cleaning the private room." Jasmine lied.

"I'll help her." Jesse said.

"There's no need. We don't want our customers to clean the cafe." Jasmine said convincing him to go back upstairs.

Jesse saw (Y/N) standing still but something was off. It was like she was staring at someone. Then he saw a figure as it appears to be a male. Jesse couldn't see his face as he could only see the back of his head.

'Is she with someone else?' Jesse ponders himself as he's curious.

"It'll take a while but you should go back upstairs." Jasmine said noticing Jesse moving closer to her.

"Can't I just check up on her?" Jesse asked as opened the door but Jasmine closed the door.

"She's busy right now." Jasmine said as Jesse tried to open the door.

Unfortunately, this caused some noise as it grabs Aster's attention. He looked at the kitchen door as it was moving.

"What was that?" Aster asked as it made (Y/N) nervous.

"Nnnn... nothing just Atticus messing around in the kitchen. He does that to get attention." (Y/N) said blocking the door.

"Oh." Aster said raising suspicion on (Y/N).

"I'll be back." (Y/N) said.

(Y/N) was about to leave but Aster grabs her by the wrist. She stops as Aster pulled her towards him.

"Stay here." Aster said.

"But the kitchen..." (Y/N) said as Aster made her sit next to him.

"It's just your cousin, right? There's nothing to worry about besides your aunt can take care of it." Aster said.

"Right." (Y/N) said still worried about Jesse.

The next two hours (Y/N) was nervous and worried the whole time. She tries to enjoy her time with Aster but at the same time can't stop thinking about Jesse as he's probably worried about her. (Y/N) at times looked at the kitchen door wanting to know what's happening in the kitchen. Aster noticed (Y/N)'s behavior as she was acting strange. She looked nervous and stressful like if she's hiding something. He brushes it off as he tries to make her feel better. The time passes as Aster got a text and read it.

"I need to go. I got a text from Jaden and he wants to hang out." Aster said as they both stood up.

"Oh, it's ok." (Y/N) said as they both walked towards the exit door.

'Thank you, Jaden!' (Y/N) ponder herself happily.

"Sorry about that, but I'll see you tomorrow but I'll come later than usual." Aster said.

"Ok, see you tomorrow." (Y/N) said opened the door.

"You too Bella." Aster said went outside and (Y/N) close the door.

Right after Aster left the cafe, (Y/N) quickly went to the kitchen.

"Is Jesse still here?" (Y/N) asked the others.

"Yes, but he may look upset." Blair answered as (Y/N) frown.

"I really mess up." (Y/N) said.

"Sweetie, I think you should go upstairs and apologize to him. He really wanted to spend time with you." Aunt Cinder said patted on (Y/N)'s shoulder.

"I know it's my fault for making him feel that way." (Y/N) said quickly went upstairs.

As (Y/N) slowly walked in to see Jesse sitting on the sofa and looking unhappy.

"Hey." (Y/N) said as she sat down.

"Oh hey." Jesse said looking down.

"Jesse, I'm really sorry that I left you alone. I know you wanted to hang out with me but I push you away. It was very rude of me to do that. I wanted to make it up for you. I promise that I won't do it again." (Y/N) said moving closer to him.

"It's ok, all forgiven." Jesse said turned to her.

"Really?" (Y/N) said it made her feel better.

"But only in two conditions. One we'll stay here until your shift is over." Jesse said.

"And the second?" (Y/N) said.

"Remember you said earlier that you'll make me a blackberry pie whenever I feel down." Jesse said.

"Yes?" (Y/N) said confused.

"Can you make one for me?" Jesse asked.

"Sure. I'll make you the best blackberry pie ever." (Y/N) said stood up from her seat.

"Thanks." Jesse said with a smile.

(Y/N) went downstairs to the kitchen as she quickly gathered the ingredients and tools. She started making the pie as the others watched her. It took some time to mix, fix and bake the pie. The timer went off as (Y/N) took the pie out of the oven and put it on the tray with a plate, fork, and knife. She grabs the tray and went upstairs as Jesse still sitting on the couch. (Y/N) smiled as walking towards him and put the tray on the coffee table. Jesse smelled the pie as it was sweet and exciting to eat it. (Y/N) grab a knife and cut the piece of the pie. Still using the knife along with the fork place the knife on the plate. She gave it to Jesse as he took a bite of the pie. By the look on his face, he enjoys the pie. (Y/N) giggled as she sat down next to him. Jesse turned on a TV to watch a movie together. Cinder came upstairs to check upon them. She smiled seeing them happy as they shared pie and enjoying the movie.

Time-Skip to Next Morning in (Y/N)'s office

(Y/N) was sitting on her desk, finishing typing next week's schedule. She stretches her arms crack her knuckles. She went on her phone and text Jesse, making sure if he's still ok after yesterday's mess.

Bella
Hey, you there?

Jesse
Yeah, I am. What's up?

Bella
I just want to apologize for Yesterday. It was rude of me to leave you alone upstairs when you wanted to talk to me.

Jesse
Nah, you're fine. There's no need to say sorry. You already make it to me remember.

Bella
Watching a movie with you upstairs is making up with you?

Jesse
Hey, as long we hang out is more than enough for me.

Bella
Alright if you say so. You're still planning to come to the cafe, today?"

Jesse
Of course, seeing you is makes it more fun.

The last text Jesse wrote made (Y/N) feel better but can't help to think that he was taking it extremely well.

"That was stupid of me to leave Jesse alone while I was with Aster. I'm surprised that he was nice about it." (Y/N) said as the door open.

"(Y/N) you ready for the meeting?" Mindy asked as (Y/N) looked up.

"Yeah." (Y/N) answered stood up from her seat as grabbed her laptop and folders.

"So got any news of your love triangle?" Mindy asked as they left the room and started walking.

"*sigh* Besides the fact that Jesse is my new neighbor." (Y/N) said.

"Wait, for real?!" Mindy yelled as (Y/N) tried to shush her.

"Hey, not too loud." (Y/N) said.

"Sorry, but you have to be joking." Mindy said.

"I wish I was and it didn't help that I had to hide him from Aster yesterday." (Y/N) said.

"Oh did he found out?" Mindy asked.

"No, but Jesse almost blew it. Thankfully, my aunt and my coworkers stop him from leaving the kitchen." (Y/N) said.

"And Jesse? Does he know that Aster was coming?" Mindy asked.

"No, I felt bad to leave him alone upstairs for two hours." (Y/N) said.

"Ouch, I don't know who should I feel bad for you or Jesse." Mindy said opening the door.

"*sigh* I'm trying not to make things worse but I did the opposite." (Y/N) said as they went inside the room.

Some coworkers sat down as they waited for the meeting to start. (Y/N) pulled a chair as she and Mindy were about to sit down but a firm hand was placed on (Y/N)'s hand that was on the chair. Someone was behind her and before he was about to walk past her. He leans towards (Y/N)'s ear.

"Sit next to me." Aster whispered as (Y/N) became flustered.

Aster quickly walked past her and headed to his chair. (Y/N) blink as she never expected him to do that. She slowly turned to Mindy as she had a smug look.

"He's the boss and you have to obey." Mindy whispered teasing her.

"Mindy!" (Y/N) whispered back.

(Y/N) wanted to say something to her friend until she heard Aster coughed. It grabs her attention as she turned around to see Aster sitting and staring at her. His eyes signaling (Y/N) to an empty chair next to him on his left side. (Y/N) walked towards it and sat down. She looks at Mindy as she giggled and make a heart shape using her hands. (Y/N) was irritated that her friend was teasing her.

As everyone came into the room and sit down as the meeting began. During the meeting as (Y/N) was typing, she can't get the feeling that her boss was staring at her the whole time. Anxiety started to kick in as she tried to stay focused. She stays silent the whole time as her eyes were glued on her laptop screen. An hour passed as they finished up the meeting as (Y/N) was itching to leave.

"That includes the meeting. Tomorrow will be discussing the merchandise for Mr. Phoenix's upcoming duel." Derek said.

"We're done, all of you can leave." Aster said as everyone grab their things and left.

(Y/N) quickly grab her things and stood up. Before she could walk, Aster put his hand on her right shoulder as it made her turned to him.

"Not you (Y/N), I need to speak with you privately." Aster said letting go of her shoulder.

(Y/N) sat back down and watched the others leaving. Mindy looked at (Y/N) as she raising her eyebrows with a smug look. (Y/N) pouted as her friend teased her with her expressions. As everyone left, Aster closed the door and turned to his secretary. (Y/N) was confused and nervous believing she made mistakes.

"Did I do something wrong Mr. Phoenix?" (Y/N) asked clenching the chair.

"No, you're not in trouble (Y/N)." Aster replied walking towards (Y/N) and grab a chair to sit next to her facing (Y/N).

'*sigh* Oh thank god.' (Y/N) thought to herself as her nervousness went away.

"I wanted to talk about the gift you gave me the other day. Why did you do it?" Aster asked.

"Well... you were upset because the model said something that... tick you... off. I thought that giving you a gift might help to ease your day. So I didn't anyone because it might be seen as somewhat inappropriate in the workplace." (Y/N) explained looking down as her cheeks turned pink.

"I understand and it was very thoughtful of you giving me a gift as well writing a poem." Aster said.

"Sorry, if it makes you feel uncomfortable." (Y/N) said rubbing her hands.

"No, if anything it was nice. Thank you." Aster said with a smile as it made (Y/N) looked up at him.

"Your welcome." (Y/N) said.

"Did you like your gift?" Aster asked.

"Yes, I do." (Y/N) said as it made her smiled happily.

"I should let you go back to work." Aster said as (Y/N) nodded.

"Right, I'll be in my office Mr. Phoenix." (Y/N) said stood up from her seat and left the room.

Aster watched as (Y/N) left as he ponders about his secretary. He didn't want to push the question about the poem she wrote. Thinking it would make her feel uncomfortable. It was one line in particular that stood out to him.

'I hate to watch the pain in the sapphire eyes from my savor'

He didn't understand why would she wrote that especially the word savor. It didn't fit him as he treated (Y/N) terribly for two years and didn't do any good deed to her. He just recently trying to be kind to her. Still confused he'll keep an eye on (Y/N) in the near future.

Time-Skip to Tonight at the Cafe

(Y/N) was sitting down and talking to Jesse who was eating a hamburger. She was giggling as Jesse told her a story about Jaden cooking in Chazz's place last week.

"So, Jaden burn the chicken to the point that it was caught on fire. He thought the best way to stop the fire is to use water from the kitchen's sink." (Y/N) said.

"Yup, he thought the water was the best option but he didn't know that fire extinguisher was under the sink. The water just made it worse so I put it out using the fire extinguisher. Sadly, he wasted the chicken as it was a burnt." Jesse explained.

"*giggles* That's Jaden for you." (Y/N) said.

"*chuckles* Yeah, that's the last time I'm letting him cook alone. If I wasn't there, he would have burned down Chazz's mansion. Thank god Chazz doesn't know about this or he'll smack Jaden." Jesse said.

"*giggles* You have funny stories Jesse." (Y/N) said.

"I still have more to make you laugh and see your cute smile." Jesse said which made her blushed.

As (Y/N) was about to say a flirty comeback, a voice called her.

"Bella."

(Y/N) was freighted by a familiar voice hoping that is not who she thinks it is. She nervously turned to see Aster standing right in front of them. By looking at his cold expression, Aster wasn't pleased to find out that not only (Y/N) lied to him. Also, never told him that she's been talking to Jesse.

A/N: That's the end of chapter fifteen. So what do you think about this chapter and comment down below. Thank you for reading and I hope you have a great day. Bye! 🤗

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.2K 865 17
Yami recently broke things off with Tea after he realized that they were too different. Due to his deppression, his friends try cheering him up by in...
19.2K 388 31
(Y/N) was a beautiful girl living in London, England with her mother, father, and maid. They were always happy and guess what? Her father works for...
533 6 21
(Y/N) is a high class lady with many suitors in coming, especially one named Francis. Arthur is a punk who preforms at the same pub every weekend. On...
669 16 15
Duelist Kingdom is won and everyone is safe once more. Joey is able to help his sister and save her sight. Upon helping Serenity, Joey meets her frie...