Hope.

By lixlovesyou

Hope. Such a misinterpreted word isn't it? The meaning of the word changes for each individual. For some, i... More

• Prologue •
• Chapter 1 •
• Chapter 2 •
• Chapter 3 •
• Chapter 4 •
• Chapter 5 •
• Chapter 6 •
• Chapter 7 •
• Chapter 8 •
• Chapter 9 •
• Chapter 10 •
• Chapter 11 •
• Chapter 12 •
• Chapter 13 •
• Chapter 14 •
• Chapter 15 •
• Chapter 16 •
• Chapter 17 •
• Chapter 18 •
• Chapter 19 •
• Chapter 20 •
• Chapter 21 •
• Chapter 22 •
• Chapter 23 •
• Chapter 24 •
• Chapter 25 •
• Chapter 26 •
• Chapter 27 •
• Chapter 28 •
• Chapter 30 •
• Chapter 31 •
• Chapter 32 •
• Chapter 33 •
• Chapter 34 •
• Chapter 35 •
• Chapter 36 •
• Chapter 37 •
• Chapter 38 •
• Chapter 39 •
• Chapter 40 •
• Chapter 41 •
• Chapter 42 •
• Chapter 43 •
• Hope •

• Chapter 29 •

1.5K 96 27
By lixlovesyou

• Tyler •

I didn't know what to feel. The more I thought about it the more I was confused. There was this weird feeling in my body which caused me to be uncomfortable and just overall stunted. I was so in shock that my brain didn't know what to think or what to do.

I was just so fucking confused. Stacy kept on asking about what had happened for me to reach home so quickly but I brushed off her questions and locked myself in my bedroom.

I wasn't homophobic or anything. It's just, I felt awkward. I didn't mean to, I just did.

Frustrated, I ran my hand through my wavy hair before I got up from my desk chair, flopping face-first onto my bed letting out a loud sigh.

He had cried. I made him cry.

This was not okay. I didn't feel okay. I knew I should have said something to him. I should have comforted him not bolted like a wimp. The only problem was that my heart was pounding a mile a minute and my brain seemed to have shut down causing me to have fled the scene.

I didn't mean to hurt him or make him cry but I did. My head swirled with all the possible outcomes the conversation could have led to if I wasn't an absolute idiot who was too scared to comfort his friend who had fucking come out to him.

That's when the realization hit me like a truck of bricks. He didn't just tell me he liked me, he came out to me and I was an absolute prick to him. He trusted me enough to say something which made him so vulnerable and I messed it all up. That seemed to be something which was happening routinely with me ever since I was born. I messed everything up.

I kept on thinking about Luca's voice cracking over and over again. His sobs, his tears soaking my shirt. I did nothing. I did nothing to help.

Did I like him? I never thought about it before. I didn't even know if I liked guys.

I didn't do things like having crushes on people, I was too occupied in self-loathing to even think about another individual that way. I remembered being particularly fond of this girl in my last school because she was one of the only people who were nice to me. I guess you could I had a crush on her.

I didn't even know what it feels like to like someone romantically. The thought had always confused me so I just pushed it to the back of my mind.

But something in me wanted to know if I liked him. I didn't want to like him but I wanted to know if I did. It makes no sense to me either.

So, I decided to something which made me feel like the stupidest person on planet earth. I took out my phone, plugged in my headphones to make sure Stacy didn't hear what I was searching for and went to google.

My thumbs hovered awkwardly over my phone. Finally, I decided to do it.

How do you know if you like someone?

I started scrolling through the results as I felt my cheeks heat up in embarrassment. My head was a mess and I wanted to make sure I didn't like him. I knew this was stupid, but the fact that I had no clue about this stuff scared me. Should I have known? Probably.

I realized how much I had distanced myself from people to get to this point. I didn't even fucking know if I liked someone.

The automated voice read out the things written in the first article.

Feeling happier around the individual. Caring about the individual excessively. Thinking about the individual constantly...

I droned out midway, lifting my hand off the screen stopping the awful drawling of the automated voice. What was I doing?

This was fucked. I kept thinking about how I felt when I was next to him, the feeling of warmth when we hugged, loving the sound of his laugh, his voice, his stutter being the most adorable thing to me when I first started talking to him, wanting to hang out with him, the overwhelming feeling of guilt when I got him hurt, trying to protect him.

I think I liked Luca Ramona.

Fuck.

No, I couldn't possibly like him, I was just overthinking this. Fucking hell. I think I was going crazy. I could hear his voice in my head over and over saying he liked me. Luca Ramona had fucked me up.

I heard my bedroom door creak open causing me to frantically remove my headphones and shut off my phone my cheeks heating up. "You okay, Tyler?" I heard Lucas ask. "Stacy told me you completely ignored her today. Did something happen when you were with Luca?"

My heart was pounding, I took in a sharp breath before I started speaking. "I don't want to talk about it," I muttered.

I heard Lucas sigh before his footsteps approached me, I felt a dip on the end of my bed. "If you don't want to tell me you can tell Stacy, you know. You always tell her what's wrong," he said, softly. I bit my lip as I felt tears stinging my eyes. I felt weird. "Do you want me to get her?"

I sniffled softly. "No," I mumbled, wiping my nose on my shirt sleeve. "Can you please just hold me?"

I didn't know what came over me. My thoughts were going a mile a minute and I wanted them to stop. But it wasn't fucking stopping. Luca consumed every inch of my brain.

Lucas sighed before I heard him climb next to him, wrapping his arm around my shoulder.

I placed my head on his shoulder, and he shifted slightly to mess up my hair causing me to let a watery chuckle. "It's going to be okay," he said, squeezing my shoulder comfortingly.

"Why does it always have to be me?" I asked, nuzzling my head into the crook of his neck. He played with my hair but didn't respond. I didn't need a response. It wasn't really a question anyways. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to drag you into my stupid problems," my voice wavered slightly.

He pulled away softly and I could feel his stern stare. "Don't say that, Ty. You can drag me into whatever bullshit you have going on. I just need you to be okay,"

"I'm sorry," I sniffled as I felt tears stream down my cheeks. I covered my face with my hands, feeling embarrassed to cry in front of him when he didn't even know what was going on.

I didn't even know what was going on. This was all too much for me. I didn't know what to do.

Lucas wrapped his arms around me gently rocking back and forth. "It's going to be okay," he whispered into my hair. I really hoped he was right.

• • •

I know these chapters are small but they're pretty essential to the story. I really wanted to explore how the characters feel during each important decision and curve in their life rather than them going straight to making out.

Anyways,
I hope you enjoyed!

-Anya

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

125K 225 2
After losing his parents and being abused, Thomas is learning how to enjoy his life again - something he thought was impossible for him, but then he...
45.9K 2.4K 14
Justin's blind. Ever since the car accident when he was ten, Justin lost the ability to see and hates it. He lost everything that day. But, it could'...
112K 8.6K 51
Alex has been looking for a sign from the universe. A sign to tell him that he needs to keep fighting. To live on for his brother who died in a tragi...
71K 2K 46
(Silently Drowning Series - Book Two) Maybe that's it. We eventually go numb; because you can't break a heart that's already broken. Maxwell Augustu...