Mine {Book 1}| Completed

By Aesthetic_Books_25

I know it was wrong to kiss him. But I couldn't stop myself no matter what. He was my Stepbrother I know. But... More

Characters
Explanation from the Author
Prologue: Trapped In My Depression
Chapter 1: The Dinner Occasion
Chapter 2: The Wedding
Chapter 3: More Than Just a Crush
Chapter 4: School
Chapter 5: Vixens
Chapter 6: Storming & Mom's House
Chapter 7: Washing Car
Chapter 8: The Movies
Chapter 9: Mandy's Party
Chapter 10: Gas Station & Mugged
Chapter 11: Bonfire
Chapter 12: The Forbidden Kiss
Chapter 13: It's Always Gonna Be April
Chapter 14: If Only
Chapter 15: Thanksgiving
Chapter 16: 27 Straws
Chapter 17: Tell Me You Want Me
Chapter 18: Secret Us
Chapter 19: Café Shop/ Christmas Shopping
Chapter 20: Christmas
Chapter 22: April
Chapter 23: New Years Eve Ball
Chapter 24: You Are Mine
Chapter 25: The Game
Chapter 26: I Saw You!
Chapter 27: Are We Over?
Chapter 28: You Don't Know Me Anymore
Chapter 29: Slumber Party!
Chapter 30: What's Happened To Us?
Chapter 31: Shattered
Chapter 32: The Lake House
Chapter 33: I Can't Get Enough
Chapter 34: Don't Underestimate Me
Chapter 35: Graduation
Chapter 36: Graduation Party
Chapter 37: Seventeen
Chapter 38: I'm Yours
Chapter 39: No Friend of Mine
Chapter 40: Tearing Us Apart
Chapter 41: Welcome to Lovely Ladies
Epilogue
Author's Note: 💎
Dream Cast 🌹
Q&A with Author ☕️💋
Track List
Sequel in the Works
#Miners

Chapter 21: Unforgettable

332 6 0
By Aesthetic_Books_25

Chapter 21: Unforgettable

       Two days flew by. And I just acted as if it were any day. The two days that passed, was very plain. Boring to even say. Christopher went distant from everyone. And I didn't mind it because I know deep down he did care about her. Whenever he was around, I apologized about it but he kept telling me not to.

According to my friends it's already known that Christopher and April broke up. Peach was the first to text me and ask if it were true. And of course I told her it was. Peach still crazy over Christopher. It makes me jealous but I know somehow Christopher wouldn't date Peach, because...he shows no interest in her except at the wedding reception. When he danced with her, leaving me only jealous because of my feelings for him.

Christopher has been spending time in his room which I knew it was because he was bummed about breaking up with April. He told Ty about it and since then the two been hanging out a lot, which I liked. Over the vacation for these two days, I been reading and talking to my friends. Mandy mostly...I been telling her the truth of what really happened on Christmas. And about the globe she broke. I could tell Christopher was angry she broke that. But I keep telling myself not to dwell on it.

That day is haunted in my mind. And I just remained in my bed just as morning came on day three of vacation. And I just wanted to feel about anything but guilt. And so I did. It was unbearable. And I had just thought of how I can get by on the worst of days to only wonder...was all of it worth it? Maybe Christopher and I getting together was the worst. Maybe it wasn't a good idea. Maybe it is not the greatest thing or choice we ever made. And I definitely didn't like the thought of how unhappy he became after he and April broke up two days ago.

I lied there in my bed, thinking of Christopher's eyes. They were warm. Beautiful. And he was nothing but lovely. Kind. Charming. And I just thought of him being here with me. His arms feeling strong. And just as it was...my door quietly opened and there he was. He came to my bed, sitting right on the edge, close to me.

My heart stopped the second I saw him and he looked so beautiful. How was I not to be in love with him? I want to kiss every part of him. But I just gazed at him in wonder. There was a part of me that knew what we were doing was wrong. But was it wrong? I know deep down we were just sneaking around. But how long will this last?

"What time is it?" I asked, telling it was early. Too early that dad and Colleen were still asleep. It looks like dawn just passed and the sun was just brought out to life.

"A little after six thirty." He replied. "Your dad got called in for work. Mom's still sleeping."

"Is everything okay? What's wrong, Chris?" I asked, looking deep into his eyes that were full of pain and hidden tears.

He shook his head, grabbing my hand. "Never mind, Em. Today is today. So... I thought I show you something. I wanna take you somewhere." He stroked my hair away from my face.

"Where?"

"You'll see. Just get up and then meet me downstairs when your ready." He told me.

"Okay Chris." I muttered.

    And he had left my room, and I gasped, breathing and I was ready to get up no matter how much I wanted to freaking sleep in. But I know Christopher meant what he said and what he wanted. So I would guess that it would only mean I have to get up.

   So I did.

~

       Once I got dressed, I met with Christopher downstairs and he was talking on the phone in the kitchen to someone. It seemed serious. But I think it was one of his friends. Possibly Ty, Liam who I heard of, or Tom who I know Christopher is very close with. But I know it is certainly not Patrick.

      His voice was soft while he spoke and I knew he was definitely sensitive about the whole breakup with April. And something tells me he feels awful for it. I am feeling so terribly sorry for everything that happened at Christmas. We should have kept our distances. We should have made it not obvious. We shouldn't have drawn attention. We should have been extremely careful. But it's obvious we weren't. Or else April wouldn't have been so clingy and territorial. But I honestly know nothing about what April felt or thought.

   You should have kept your distance, my subconscious mind tells me. Sometimes I wish she'd shut up.

   I hear Christopher's gentle voice. And I swear it is Ty he is talking to. And somehow I just stare at him from the corner, he is leaning against the breakfast bar. And my heart breaks because I can see his head facing down like he was hiding those emotions. And I feel so sorry about him and April breaking up. I should feel happy but I don't. If he's sad then so am I.

    I stared at Christopher for a bit and once he hung up, I walked into the kitchen, prepared and I just wanted to hug him and let those tears fall from his eyes so I can catch them. And I had seen his face. He saw me enter and he looked stunning as anything. Even after a good shower. And I just thought of him. What he could be going through? Colleen is worried for him like any mother should. And dad has talked to Christopher but as stubborn as he is he didn't open to dad like dad wanted. But breakups are hard as everyone who has had one knows.

Gina and April are the only girls he has dated. And I think it must be so hard for him to actually be able to understand that he can be with anybody he wants. He is just kind, charming and a beautiful person. He didn't deserve what happened to him two days ago. April seemed controlling. They fought a lot. And I don't think couples who claim to be madly in love should fight a lot. It's a bit ridiculous. And I just don't like the idea of how April treated him through most of what I've seen.

If April comes crawling back for Christopher I won't be surprised. Only because she isn't the one who broke up. Christopher did because he was fed up. And he was protecting me. He chose me over April because he didn't like it any better than I did. And I guess that's what family does even if your not related. Which definitely surprises me how he actually cared. Unlike he did on Thanksgiving.

Christopher didn't even pull away from me like he did for these long sad depressing days. He looked right at me with his eyes that felt torturing. And every time we touch, I just look at Christopher with my crazy brown orbs, staring. But I only wanted to know what was going on in his head. What was he thinking? Was he mad? Did he love me still? Did he ever love me? Was anything worth what we have done?

"Do you want breakfast?" Was the first thing he asked me, leaving me shocked. "I can make you anything."

His smile brightened up. And I just went for joy inside, loving to see that smile again. But was it all fake? Was it all pretend? Was he only acting like he was happy because I was in the room?

"If you want to." I nodded.

I watched Christopher cook on the stove while I had sat on the breakfast bar, eating a strawberry yogurt and I had a freshly brewed coffee in my hand. But I liked watching Christopher cook. And I just watched him make the perfect French Toast. And it was nice. I offered to help plenty of times but he refused for me to do anything. And his cooking style was obviously wonderful. And I loved watching him. But I was staring at Christopher in such awe.

Christopher was wearing a plain white shirt and jeans. And he just looked amazing. Even after a breakup. I stared at his face that was full attention at the Pan he was cooking on. And I watched him, cooking anything he shoved on that stove. And I allowed Christopher to cook right in front of me. I watched him take out plates and setting the table.

I sat down right with him as soon as he was done cooking. And once he was, I stared across at him. He grabbed my hand a few times and I looked across at his beautiful eyes.

"Christopher, I am so so so sorry about April and you. I know I been saying it since the day but I am sorry. You didn't deserve to-"

He took my hand, pulling a bit and he cut me off, staring into my eyes. "Please Em, don't apologize. You did nothing wrong."

"But I feel guilty, Chris. I feel guilty like I came between you guys. And I shouldn't have done that." I felt sorry for him but his face I could read like a book and he knew I could.

"You didn't. And I don't care about April. Not after what she did. She had said things to you that I wasn't okay with. I mean at the end of the day, your still my sister. And I protected you." He said.

Everything he said was definitely true. And I think it's something family does. But at the same time shouldn't you stick by your lover? But obviously doesn't care because maybe he isn't in love with April anymore and her jealousy really pissed him off so he just ended it.

   "Do you still love her?" I casually asked him.

   He placed a glass of orange juice down for me. And I knew he wanted to avoid my question but he knew he couldn't. Even if he just laughed it off, he was trapped.

   "I care about her." He said.

    I huffed, knowing he was avoiding it.

   "That's not what I asked." I made it perfectly clear that I wanted to know and he knew it.

   "Yeah, I love her. But if anything I wanna stay friends with her. And I just want you to know no matter what... I don't want us to end after what happened." He said, admitting it to me.

   "I thought you changed your mind. We haven't talked for two days while you were isolating in your room. I just assumed you wanted to stop what we were doing." I reminded him, he had definitely had the reaction of confusion but he knew it's what I would think of he locked himself away.

   I took a bite into my French Toast and the syrup was spilt all over it. And covered with melted butter. And it was beyond delicious. My stepbrother is definitely a great cook unlike my dad.

   "I was sulking."

   Like none of us know that, I thought.

   "Your mom is worried about you. And so am I. I'm beyond worried about you after not talking for two days. So I just thought... you want to be alone after what happened with April." I said.

  "I needed to think. I needed time. And I'm sorry. That's why I thought we...as in just me and you could spend the day. In San Diego. Because I wanna show you something."

   "Okay. But Chris, I absolutely hate surprises." I confessed.

      I looked at Christopher once he looked at me with a little smile.

         After breakfast Christopher and I didn't waste time to leave a note for Colleen so she didn't freak out knowing we weren't here. And we only said we were taking a drive to San Diego. And so after, I had gotten my jean jacket that was folding on the back of the chair and I had then grabbed my purse as Christopher had put his leather jacket on and had grabbed his car keys.

     We got outside, heading into his black Mercedes Benz. And when we got in, I sighed, only expecting what is to come. And what does he really have to show me? So curiosity took over me.

~

    The second the car jolted, I woke, after taking a cat nap due to the ride being two hours from Santa Monica. He had parked the car. And he looked over and stroked my cheek softly. And I turned my head wearily. And I felt limb. And I rolled my eyes over to him. And I looked around seeing where we were. To see if it was familiar. But it wasn't because I've never really been to San Diego.

   "Where are we?" I murmured.

   "Exactly where we're meant to be." He replied.

      I slowly unbuckled myself and I got out of the car, gazing everywhere. We were in front of a beautiful house that I do not know of. I stared at it skeptically. I eyed over to Christopher trying to figure out where we are. It was small. Smaller than my house. Smaller than mom's. I walked a bit closer to it. But it was gorgeous. I loved seeing it was a light pale blue house but extremely small.

     The house looked like a shack or it was. I stared at him and he just brushed his way in front of me. I saw it look like the greatest place. Is this his old home? But of course not. I was at his old house before the wedding. Then how does he know this place? And why did he bring me here? Why here out of all the places? What did he wanna show me?

   "I know what you're thinking." He started. "But this place...meant a lot to me at a time. I knew a beautiful woman who used to live here. She had copper hair and she was lovely. She had a piano and she'd sing and play that piano. She had dreams to become this singer. And I said I be the first to buy her music. But..."

    "What happened to her?" I stuck a piece of a strand of hair behind my ear.

   "She...she had a boyfriend who was a drunk. He drank his life out. He used to abuse her. So badly she been in and out of the hospital for many accidents. Gina and I only knew it. But she begged us not to tell. So we didn't." He started to tear up.

    "It's okay, Kit." I soothed him, embracing him by letting him hug me as hard and as much as he needed.

    "He got to her. He got to her so badly...she used to scream...like the whole world could hear. Gina and I watched him hit her with his beer bottle. He would just beat the crap out of her. She wouldn't let him go. Gina and I were fourteen and we knew she was in trouble. I tried telling the police. But...I couldn't break the promise. But in my head all I would hear is her screaming. This woman was only twenty-six. And she loved art. I come over and just read Wuthering Heights to her. And she helped me find growth from my pain from my dad's death. And how I was crazy about Gina. She told me once, 'love doesn't always last. But you have to find love, don't let love find you because life is short and the world isn't big as it seems.' " He explained.

    Christopher had gone to the door touching the wood. I followed him and I only felt my heart break a million times for him. I stared at him and he grabbed a handkerchief off the ground. And he just stared at it. This little house is ghosted. Abandoned. Christopher opened the door and it was dark. He took his phone out putting the flashlight on to see. It was left the same. But what happened to her?

    "What happened next to her?" I asked, seemingly curious.

   "Her boyfriend beat her so badly...that he murdered her. And I saw it happen to her. Gina and I watched as we hid underneath the truck so he couldn't see us. She told us to hide under it but promised she'd be okay. But...he murdered her. And then when he saw he killed her...he took a gun out and blew his brains out. Gina and I called the police. I embraced that woman seeing her lying there...dead." He then broke down and just cried and I embraced him as he started to cry into my arms.

   "What was her name? The woman. What was her name?"

   "Maya. Maya Jude." He said softly.

      In the little house was thrown beer bottles. I stepped on glass as I walked further. There was a dusty picture frame of Maya and a man in it. I think it was her boyfriend. I wiped it with my palm to see the photo better. She was beautiful. She dressed like a 1960's girl. She was sitting on her piano as her boyfriend's arm was wrapped around her. I felt like just wanting to cry knowing this woman had a life ahead of her...but stayed with an abusive man instead of leaving and going for her dreams. I had then walked out of the house feeling nauseated. So I emerged out of there and I ran back over, leaning against the car. I felt like I was losing it.

  "It happened three years ago." He reminded me.

   "I can't imagine how dreadful it was to watch that." I cried.

   "It's not your fault. That bastard killed her. No one else. He just killed her and didn't care. No ones fault but his." He said.

     I didn't even bother to stop hugging him. I walked away after only feeling the waterworks to start up. Christopher then pulled my hand and brought me towards the woods where we started walking. My fingers entwined with his and we began walking and he took my to a gazebo that is in the woods in the middle of nowhere.

   "This place...I used to hang out with Gina. It seemed like forever ago." He said, pulling me along with him into the gazebo. "Come on, dance with me. You said you like dancing."

   I blushed. "There's no music, Christopher."

      He chuckled and then took out his phone and played with his phone a bit and then soft beautiful music started playing. I began to giggle and he just pulled me against him, closely. And then I stared to carefully move my feet. Slowly very slowly I swayed to the music. He left his phone on the edge of the wooden gazebo. I flowed with the music. Kind of like waves in the ocean. His hand came to my small waist and we both sort of just went with the music. It was Taylor Swift's Crazier.

     I never felt too much in heaven with him. Unlike those times being this close to him was like he could see right through me. Understand me just by looking at me. I couldn't resist him if I tried. He's this beautiful creature and he came down and swooped me off my feet to a whole new world. A world I've never been to before. I smiled up at him and I felt the electricity run through me. I felt it inside me. I could barely breathe. But as I stayed so close to him he wouldn't let me go.

     He took my hands bringing them behind his neck. He slid both of his hands down my sides down low to my ass. I gasped and that electricity didn't die. It was swimming between us. I felt awake for the first time. And I looked at his eyes that turned a darker shade into desire and lust. I thought I might fall. But will he catch me?

     I took a deep breath, relaxing as I was caressed in his arms. I thought of him the entire time as I looked up at him not breaking eye contact at all. I can't even bear to think of myself loving someone who isn't Christopher. He's all I'll ever want. The only one I need. The only one I see. I looked deeply into his eyes again and he held onto me as much as he could. I thought of being at a ball.

    Christopher had held me tightly to him. And I kept a smile I had on towards him.

   "Christopher...what are you're true feeling for me?" I asked, feeling weak at the knees all of a sudden when the words left my mouth.

  "Well, I think your stunning. But I don't want to see you with anyone else." He admitted, swaying me even closer to him.

   "Chris, I don't think I can ever stop thinking about you. Or us. I mean, you've changed my life the second I met you. And I'm just..." I trailed unable to finish.

   "What?"

   "...in love with you." I finished.

   "I am too, Emma." He nodded with a smile.

    "Would it be crazy if I told you that I am madly in love with you? You drive me insane. I look at you and I feel like I'm on fire. Your touch is unable to resist. How can I not love you? Your right though. We can't ever just be stepfamily. Because I am in love with you." I confessed.

    He chuckled, and then had pulled me closer to him as he began to spin me around. And a smile came across his face. I was unable to resist anything he did. He had pulled me back into him. I giggled and my hands reached up to the ends of his hair. And he burned his eyes into mine full of nothing but desire.

   "No, Emma. Because there's something crazier." He started.

   "What?" I bit my lower lip.

   "I'm crazier in love with you. Your the best thing that's happened to me." He pulled me in closer where I felt his breath on my skin.

    My breath hitches and I released a shakily breathed and then gently I felt his fingers tickle softly up my left side up my arm, my shoulder to my neck and to my lower lip, stroking.

     What was he doing? I stared at him and he gently pressed his lips against mine. He made the kiss passionate. And he was gentle with me at this moment. His hands cupped both of my cheeks and brought his lips to mine. He kissed me slowly. My eyes shutting once I felt the contact. I loved feeling his lips against mine. He groaned softly against my lips. My hands moved to the sides of his neck, pulling him for the kiss. He eventually broke the kiss slowly. And then I breathed loudly, hitting my breath against his lips.

    "I'm in love with you, Emma James. And I don't know how to explain it. Words can't even define the way I feel about you. I love you more than life itself." He said.

   "And April, she's..."

    "...out of the picture. I told her I didn't want to see her ever again that we were over. She slapped me of course. And I chose you. And I will always choose you." He winked afterwards.

    He chuckled from his wink with the funny sense of humor he has. I smiled at him sense of humor he has. I smiled at him and I pressed my palm directly against his. Like how Jane and Tarzan did. We both smiled about it. I looked at him with lustily eyes. He then ducked his head to kiss me again.

   "What are we?" I breathed.

    "Unforgettable, Emma." He replied. "Unforgettable."

       I wrapped my arms in back of his neck and pulled him closely to kiss him. His hands moved down to my ass, squeezing it gently. I giggled into his mouth as we didn't break or pull from the kiss. I had kissed him extremely hard and didn't give a damn how crazy and madly in love I am with him. How could I ever walk away from him? Is it worth hiding our relationship? Well I think so. So then I pulled my lips off his quickly.

   "Christopher, look at us. We're crazy for each other. But are we doing the right thing? Look at what April did. I mean, you'll be off in college soon. And then you'll forget me and go after another beautiful girl. How can we still be together if your in college and I'll be stuck here?" I said, tears were climbing their way from my eyes, but he pulled my hands to his to hold.

   "Emma." He tried silencing me.

   "It's true." I said.

   "It's not. Do you think I want somebody else? Or think of anybody else? When I go off to college I will find time to come and see you. Take you out. And I don't care if we have to hide this forever. Because it's worth hiding than being torn apart from each other because of our parents." He said.

   "Do you promise?" I sighed.

   "Yes. Always." He nodded.

       I smiled and then he brought my lips back to his and I didn't dare to take my lips off of his. And then he just kissed me tenderly. I was definitely in heaven from this. How was I not? I smiled at him and then he deepened the kiss, pulling me in by the hips, urging me against him. But then he pulled me to the gazebos floor as he lied on top of me, kissing me passionately as I begged him to never stop.

~

A/N:
     OMG I'm crying! I just love them together! This is such a great chapter! I love them! I ship it completely! And what did you think of them confessing they loved each other? A great touching moment!

     This chapter I wanted to just focus on Emma & Christopher. Because we really haven't gotten a one alone full chapter on just them being alone. I loved this chapter! I just love them so so so so so so much! They are forever soulmates! Xoxoxo

P.S the next chapter will be a little different. Just a heads up!

• Comment
• Predict
• Vote

#staybeautiful
#loveyourself

🌹🙊🙊🙊 🐇 🐇 🐇

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 98 7
What would you do if your boyfriend broke up with you for someone else? Even worse. She is that girl. Popular, shallow and horribly perfect. The one...
231 17 18
This is a story of love and hate Sometimes the hate can come from your own family as well as outsiders. Let me start by introducing myself,I'm X that...
694K 15.4K 28
"You see I would happily screw, but not get off. I want to listen to you moan my name, scream it. I want to feel your kitten tighten around me. I wan...