Gone With the Tide ((MIDORIYA...

By chloeellings

[Book 1 of Midoriya Izuku x OC Series] ✔️ Under Editing The abnormality of U.A. High School's dynamic skyrock... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
Authors Note: Rin Says Plus Ultra!
22
23
24
25
26
Authors Note: Book 2 Announcement
27
28

21

4.1K 219 17
By chloeellings

Rin and Aizawa stood before class 1-A much like how they did on the small girl's first day of school. They all looked on at the pair with patient — however, concerned — glances, ones that would occasionally break away to be shared with one another instead.

Aizawa felt as if the words were caught in his windpipe. He didn't know what he wanted to say, nor how he was going to say it. He appeared to be so distracted that he didn't even mind Rin's hand holding onto the cuff of his jacket. She appeared to be comforting him, as she sensed his clear discomfort even before they entered the classroom.

Her amber eyes drew up to his scruffy face just as he let out a tight sigh, and watched his gaze fall to the tile floor beneath them. Rin's lips pursed at the sight, and quietly she tugged on his sleeve.

The gesture elicited a glance in her direction, and once gaining Aizawa's attention, she gestured toward her classmates with a nod of her head. He sighed again.

"Alright," he finally said, breaking the five-minute-long silence. "I assume you all have quite a bit of questions regarding Rin's reaction to the oceanfront fight that happened yesterday."

Murmurs proceeded to fill the heavy room, and Aizawa shifted on his feet.

"I'll start from the beginning," Aizawa continued. "Several weeks ago I found Rin stranded on the shoreline of Musutafu Beach. From there, I took her to U.A., and Principal Nezu thought it best to enroll her into the Hero Course until we could figure out where exactly she came from; given the fact that she spoke very little and lacked common motor skills. However, even after all this time, we still don't know much, except for the fact that the Ocean Villain, Poseidon, appears to be her biological father."

"So he was causing trouble all because he wanted to get Rinny back?" Mina said without raising her hand. Her brow arched worriedly.

"That's right," Aizawa confirmed, and again a wave of whispers consumed the room. "Obviously, we won't be giving her back given the circumstances. It will be our top priority as of now to keep Rin out of harms way until we are able to handle Poseidon."

"What if he gets into U.A.?" Deku asked, recalling how he had sent a handful of men to retrieve her after they escaped.

"Then we'll do everything we can to stop him," his teacher replied. "However, security will be heightened much like how it was during the Sports Festival, so the possibility of a break in is unlikely."

A few looks were exchanged between his students, and Rin's grip on his sleeve tightened.

"In regards to Rin's status," Aizawa continued, pulling his arm away to set a hand on her shoulder reassuringly. "The process of her custody is being handled as we speak. If we're lucky, we'll be able to house her without any issue. Until then, I expect her to be treated as she always had. Understand?"

"Yes, sir!" His students replied in unison, and with a final look amongst their faces, he finally turned his attention to the quiet girl at his side.

"Why don't you go sit down, Rin?" He suggested quietly, shaking her gently to get her to acknowledge him.

All she did in response was nod, and he watched with a subtle frown as she walked out from under his palm.

He followed her with concerned eyes up until she sat down, and finally pushed himself to commence the rest of class.

__________

Rin sat at her desk later that night with her head resting on her arms. She stared aimlessly at the water swirling around inside the jars that Nezu had supplied for her before school ended that day, and tapped her nail against the wood as she thought.

She didn't know whether or not she was being selfish by staying with her newfound friends. Constant thoughts on the amount of pain she could have spared Aizawa by following her father's orders ricocheted in her head constantly throughout that day, and the longer she dwelled on it, the worse she felt.

The events that had transpired within those forty-eight hours made her wonder if escaping from where she was once imprisoned was really a good idea after all. She never anticipated being found by Aizawa, nor did she ever expect to meet Deku, or Mina, or the rest of her relatively charming classmates.  She didn't know what to do with all of the feelings she had been experiencing since she was brought to U.A., and felt dangerously overwhelmed with all that's happened — with all that was inevitably going to happen.

She felt her brow twitch as she swam within the thoughts of her swarming head, but before she was able to get sucked in any further, a knock sounded at her door.

Rin sat up abruptly as the door eased open, and felt her shoulders sag once Deku's head poked in through the opening. He offered her a gentle smile as he let himself in, but Rin neglected to move from her seat as the door shut soundlessly behind him.

"Hey," he greeted quietly, walking up to her. "Haven't really seen you today... are you alright?"

He knelt down beside her with the same smile on his face. It hurt Rin to see him, and it hurt her to know how much he cared about her. He was the last one she was willing to see get hurt; especially because of her.

"I'm..." she trailed off, gaze falling from his as she leaned against the back of her chair. Deku lifted a quizzical brow at her whilst taking her hand.

"Rin?" He said, his tone catching her attention for only a moment before she stood up.

Deku watched as she slid her feet against the ground until stopping in front of her covered window. His hands slid into his pockets as she drew back the curtain to stare at the city lights in the distance, and after another beat of silence, he closed the distance between them with a hand on her back.

"I know everything that's happening is getting to you," he began, tone soft as he rested his cheek on the top of her head. "But... I don't think you know that I'm here for you. No matter what."

"I... know," she said, sighing. "You always are."

"That's right," Deku nodded, sounding a little more hopeful. "Do you want to tell me what's wrong?"

"Papa..." Rin replied, scuffing her heel against the carpet. "He won't stop."

"You're probably right," Deku agreed. His words made Rin throw him an incredulous look. "But neither are we. Not until we stop him. We'll fight for you forever if we have to."

"That's it," Rin said, detaching from his side to throw her hands in the air. Deku turned as she walked into the center of the room. Her back faced him. "I don't want it to. I don't want any of this. Everyone is going to get hurt."

"I know, Rin," Deku replied, reaching his scarred hand out for her. "But —"

"No," she cut him off, grabbing him by the wrist and gesturing to his blemished skin. "Do you want more of these? You'll get more if this goes on. Everyone will. Aizawa will kill himself before he —"

"Rin," Deku grabbed her by the shoulders. "Wounds heal, but the void that'll be left if you leave won't ever be filled again. Don't you understand? We're doing this — defending you — because we want to. We all want you here. I want you here. Everyone's lives have gotten so much better since you showed up! I don't think I've ever seen Mr Aizawa smile as much as he has when you're around! Don't you realize how important you are to each and every one of us?"

"I-I... just.." she trailed off once again to fight off the lump in her throat. "I don't want anyone to get hurt because of me..."

"Rin... look at me," Deku requested gently, taking her by the chin to make her meet his eyes. "As Heroes, getting hurt for the sake of something good is inevitable. If it means that you get to stay here with us... with me, then it's worth it... it's worth more than anything else ever could."

Rin's brow scrunched as tears began to brim her eyes, and the sight of it made Deku pull her into his chest without a second thought. The feeling of his arms around her made the watergates of her tear ducts collapse entirely, and he let her sob. His fingers brushed through her hair comfortingly as he buried his nose into the crook of her neck, and ignored the desperate pinch of her nails in his back as she grabbed onto his shirt.

It was as if she held onto him for dear life, and if that meant she finally understood how important she had become to everyone around her, then so be it.

"Everything is going to be okay, Rin," he cooed, and solidified his promise with a quick kiss on her cheek. "I swear."

~~~
An: sorry for the late chapter y'all! Hope you enjoy :)
~~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

195K 6.1K 25
(Y/N) (L/N) is new to the Underwater Alliance, or UA for short. It's a research center specializing in the care, wellbeing, and study of all things a...
83.7K 2.5K 22
Izuku Midoriya has been raised by sea creatures and only remembers bits and pieces to where he's from. Izuku decides to go on a journey to find the a...
1.1K 51 9
❊ ❝ 𝐻𝑜𝑤 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑠𝑜 𝑚𝑢𝑐ℎ 𝑏𝑒𝑡𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘯 𝑚𝑒 𝑎𝑡...𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈!? ❞ ༻∘˚☆˚∘༺ ✰≫𝚆𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚈/𝙽 𝚊𝚕𝚠𝚊𝚢𝚜 𝟷𝚞𝚙𝚜 𝙺𝚊�...
5.1K 141 29
Amelia Tano got a strange call at 3 am by the principal of UA, Nezu! Strangely enough he offers her a job in Japan to be a teaching assistant to a ce...