Alena |Complete|

By KatCWrites

Smart, beautiful, sassy and next in line to the Cobra throne, Alena sets out on the adventure of a lifetime w... More

[1]
[2]
[3]
[4]
[5]
[6]
[7]
[8]
[9]
[10]
[11]
[12]
[13]
[14]
[15]
[16]
[17]
[18]
[19]
[20]
[21]
[22]
[23]
[24]
[25]
[26]
[27]
[28]
[29]
[30]
[31]
[32]
[33]
[34]
[35]
[36]
[37]
[38]
[39]
[40]
[41]
[42]
[44]
[45]
[46]
[47]
[48]
[49]
[50]
[51]
[52]
[53]
[54]
[55]
[56]
[57]
[58]
[59]
[60]

[43]

18.8K 617 175
By KatCWrites

I let Alena make her way inside first and wait a few moments before I enter myself allowing my father to think we're playing his game. As I enter I spot Alena standing with her family as well as Riccardo, Franco, and Bex off to the side of where my father is standing.

As soon a Papa sees me, he taps the side of his glass getting everyone's attention and eyes in his direction. "If I may have your attention." He bellows to the room. "I'm sure you're wondering why I've called you all here tonight, and it's for two reasons, both of those reasons involving my son Domiano." He looks around "Domiano, will you come up here please."

I make my way to the front of the room where he is standing and stand close to him, but off to the side a little.

"Tonight I would like to announce that I am stepping down as your don." A few of the member gasp softly, other nod thinking it must have been coming sooner or later. "But as you know you will be in goods with my son, Domiano taking over as the leader." He turns to me with a smile "Don, take the floor."

"Uh, thanks?" I ask looking around the room, my eyes locking on Alena's who gives me a supportive smile "It's nice to finally be officially the don and to be able to stand before you all as the new leader, it's something I've been trained for my entire life, something that was given to me, something I was chosen to do." I look towards the clock "It's something that is an honor and uh-" I take a breath and look at the clock once more

"I think he's a little overwhelmed" Papa laughs, a few others laughing with him, not laughing at me, but maybe feeling the nerves that are running through my body right now. "Maybe we should move on to the next piece of news. With each great leader comes a great support system, a great strength, a great love, a great wife."

I watch as Cara begins to make her way over, and I check the clock once more. "Papa please, allow me." I smile and he nods, Cara now standing at the side ready to make her appearance.

"I would like to announce to you all that I am engaged." Everyone begins to clap and cheer. "I'm engaged to a woman who is strong, and beautiful, smart and kind, she's the type of woman any man would be lucky to have by his side and she's a true, born leader in her own right." I turn to Alena and hold out my hand.

She slowly makes her way over to me and I take her hand in mine. "For those of you who don't know her, this is Alena Raven, the future leader of the Cobras in Califonia and my stunning fiance." I turn back to Papa and Cara who both have shocked looks on their faces.

"I know this may come as a surprise to some of you, as Papa arranged this night and had a lot of you believe I was marrying Cara, but that's not happening, not now and not ever. Before my Mamma left this world she gave me strict instructions to only marry for love, only marry the woman I want to spend the rest of my life with and that's what I've chosen to do."

"Awww" A few of the woman in the room gush softly

"Also." I look towards Franco and Layla "Can you guys come up here please?"

"As your official don of the last five minutes, I would like to announce that I am stepping down as Don and handing it over to my second in command, my older brother Franco."

Everyone looks around the room at each other confused and finally, my father speaks

"Enough" he shouts "what the hell do you think you're playing at Domiano if you don't want to be the don I'll take it back."

"You can't." I shrug my shoulders

"And why not?"

"Because it says right here in our rules that someone only has to be officially known as the don for five minutes before they're able to start making rules and changes. That means I am officially the don and I have the right to hand it over to anyone I please."

"For goodness sake, Piero?" he turns to Riccardo's father and his second in charge of the last thirty years

"He's right Lorenzo, he is the Don and he can do as he likes."

He huffs and turns beginning to stomp away. "Wait, I have one more announcement," I call to him and he stops looking back at me, crossing his arms over his chest.

"As of Monday, I will be moving to America to become part of the Cobras, where I will be working under my stunning fiance who will be taking over as leader. Together Alena and I as well as Franco and his girlfriend Layla will work side by side to make sure that things run as they always have in our alliance and get things back to where they need to be." I take a breath and look around the room once more "Enjoy your night." I nod to the DJ to start up the music once more.

"You okay?" Alena smiles up at me as everyone gets back to drinking and dancing

"I feel great, better then I've felt in my entire life."

"You did so well" Bex smiles and gives me a hug as she and Riccardo make their way over

"Don Franco, looking dapper tonight." Riccardo grins and pats Franco on the back

"And the dons wife." he grins at Layla

"I'm definitely not the dons wife, not yet anyway." she smiles up at Franco who wraps his arm around her.

"A word with all of you." Easton says before turning on his heel and making his way out the back once more.

We all follow and find Easton, Aubrey, Amara, and Nate all standing together waiting for us.

"I'm so proud of you, all of you." Aubrey says with a smile "What you did up there was really brave Dom and I'm so glad I'm going to have you as my son in law." she gives me a hug

"I agree, thank you for not breaking our daughter's heart and for choosing to do what is right for you, and not what's right for everyone else, that's how us Cobras always do things, you'll be a great addition to the team." Easton smirks

"As for you, don Franco." Amara smirk softly "I'm mad at your for taking my baby away forever, but I'm so glad she's found someone who makes her as happy as you do and thank you for giving me a grandbaby." she squeals and wraps her arms around them giggling happily

They pull back from the hug and Layla looks at Nate. "Dad?" she questions

"I never imagined my daughter would be the dons girl." he laughs softly "but as long as you treat her right, and give her and the baby all the love and support they need we'll never have an issue." he stops for a moment "But there is just one thing."

"Anything, name it" Franco speaks

"Please for the love of God marry my daughter, make it official."

"That I can do," Franco says with a grin

"Riccardo." Piero says as she makes his way outside

"Papa" Riccardo smiles back "Thank you for having our backs in there."

"You're welcome son, I'm proud of you, and I'll always stand by you no matter what." He smiles and looks towards Easton and goes to speak, but then turns to Alena and takes her hand. "As leader of the Cobras, I ask that you please take care of my son and Bexley and in return, I will look after Franco and Layla" he gives her an honest smile

"I'll look after them, I promise" Alena smiles and gives him a hug

"It was nice to see you again." he waves to Easton before heading back inside

"So that's it then, my baby is taking over as leader of the Cobras," Easton says as he wraps his arm around Alena.

"Yep, your baby is taking over." she smiles up at him.

"Excuse me a moment" Easton excuses himself, something clearly having caught his eye. 

Easton's POV:

After catching glimpse of Lorenzo and Cara leaving, I follow after them. I make my way out to the driveway of the rented building Lorenzo had hired and continue my way down. I'm a moment away from reaching them when a cab pulls up and Lorenzo and Cara share a kiss. 

I screw up my face in disgust and wait, wanting to speak with Lorenzo. A moment later Cara steps into the cab and it takes off 

I clear my throat and Lorenzo turns "E-Easton." he stutters

"Surprise." I roll my eyes and take a few steps closer to him, while he takes a few back 

"W-What happened tonight, I didn't mean any disrespect" 

"Disrespect? Do you mean because you turned your back and walked away from your son when he announced his engagement to my daughter? Or because you turned your back on your other son and tried to take back his leadership one second after it happened? Or maybe it's because you crossed the Cobras." I raise a brow at him 

"I-I had no intention of crossing you Easton, really I didn't. I'm sure you understand I was just worried about what would happen if my son moved to America, you'd of done the same if it was Alena who was moving here."

"No, I wouldn't and you know why?" 

"Because of our alliance?" 

"No, fuck our alliance, because Alena is my daughter and I love her and I want her to be happy. I wouldn't take away the chance of her being truly happy and if Dom is that person for her, then that's how it is. But you wouldn't know about treating a woman right would you." I scoff 

"Get your head of your ass Easton" he raises his voice at me "You know damn well you would have been pissed off and tried to do something about it if it was Alena moving here. You don't get to walk in here with your perfect wife and perfect daughter and your perfect crew who are always behind you and act like I'm the bad guy" 

"You are the fucking bad guy, you're the worst kind of guy, after everything we've been through, after all these years, you put a fucking hit on my daughter, you wanted her dead just to keep your son under your control" I'm now shouting back at him "I should put a fucking bullet in you, you're a traitor" 

"Do it Easton, you wouldn't have the guts because you know what's worse than a traitor? A leader who takes another leader's life." He smirks 

I pull my gun from my side and hold it to him "The thing is Lorenzo, you're not a leader anymore."  I move my finger towards the trigger 

"Dad!" Alena yells from behind me "What the hell are you doing?" 

I lower my gun as she reaches me "Whatever you two are doing stop it's not worth it. Dad you're not going to kill my fiance's father. Just forget about it and walk away" 

I look at her for a moment and the look in her eyes is enough to break my heart. Even though this asshole has been putting her and Dom through hell she still cares enough about Dom to not allow me to kill his father "You're lucky my daughter is a better person than and me and cares about your son above all else." I put my gun away 

"Everything okay?" Dom questions as he makes his way down the driveway 

"Everything is fine, just saying my goodbyes to your father." 

"Let's go, I think the party is over," Dom says with a grin as he wraps his arm around Alena. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

889K 32.7K 69
-COMPLETE- [09. 10. 20. - 03. 06. 21] Angelo Giovanni had eyes for a certain fiery black haired beauty. No matter what he couldn't just get enough of...
2.9M 65.4K 60
Easton Raven, born into the mafia world and next in line to take the seat handed down from generation to generation. Rough, tough, ruthless, charming...
142K 2.3K 34
He doesn't believe in love.... but for her he believes anything is possible. Impulsive, Bold and dangerous to a fault. ACE DE LUCA is the Italian ma...
1.5M 49.2K 71
Charlie Raven seems to have life all figured out, eighteen years old, beautiful, loving parents, amazing friends, and a publicly perfect boyfriend. B...