Mine {Book 1}| Completed

By Aesthetic_Books_25

I know it was wrong to kiss him. But I couldn't stop myself no matter what. He was my Stepbrother I know. But... More

Characters
Explanation from the Author
Prologue: Trapped In My Depression
Chapter 1: The Dinner Occasion
Chapter 2: The Wedding
Chapter 3: More Than Just a Crush
Chapter 4: School
Chapter 5: Vixens
Chapter 6: Storming & Mom's House
Chapter 7: Washing Car
Chapter 8: The Movies
Chapter 9: Mandy's Party
Chapter 10: Gas Station & Mugged
Chapter 11: Bonfire
Chapter 12: The Forbidden Kiss
Chapter 13: It's Always Gonna Be April
Chapter 14: If Only
Chapter 15: Thanksgiving
Chapter 16: 27 Straws
Chapter 17: Tell Me You Want Me
Chapter 18: Secret Us
Chapter 19: Café Shop/ Christmas Shopping
Chapter 21: Unforgettable
Chapter 22: April
Chapter 23: New Years Eve Ball
Chapter 24: You Are Mine
Chapter 25: The Game
Chapter 26: I Saw You!
Chapter 27: Are We Over?
Chapter 28: You Don't Know Me Anymore
Chapter 29: Slumber Party!
Chapter 30: What's Happened To Us?
Chapter 31: Shattered
Chapter 32: The Lake House
Chapter 33: I Can't Get Enough
Chapter 34: Don't Underestimate Me
Chapter 35: Graduation
Chapter 36: Graduation Party
Chapter 37: Seventeen
Chapter 38: I'm Yours
Chapter 39: No Friend of Mine
Chapter 40: Tearing Us Apart
Chapter 41: Welcome to Lovely Ladies
Epilogue
Author's Note: 💎
Dream Cast 🌹
Q&A with Author ☕️💋
Track List
Sequel in the Works
#Miners

Chapter 20: Christmas

352 6 0
By Aesthetic_Books_25

Chapter 20: Christmas

I woke up on Christmas morning feeling myself very tired still. Of course I wish I could say it was one of those mornings I could sleep in but it was impossible. Dad's Christmas spirit is quite different than most people. Well I guess if you got a dad like mine who is happily married and enjoying the holidays then I guess you relate.

But my dad is different in other ways. He had the house filled with Christmas music. I woke up to the intro of Mariah Carey's All I Want For Christmas. My eyes flew open and I rolled my eyes, turning side to side in my cozy bed. I took my pillow shoving it over my head to block it out. But that didn't work. I wanted to scream. But nothing worked. So I just took my blanket, covering it over my entire body.

I tried lying in bed hoping I could sleep in a little longer. But unfortunately I couldn't because of the music. So I got up marching downstairs in my light pink bunny slippers to yell about the loud music. I got downstairs and I know my hair is a mess. I find Christopher downstairs in the kitchen. He's the one making all of the noise. So I'm guessing dad and Colleen are still sleeping. It's six in the freaking morning. Christopher was wearing his boxer shorts. And I smiled watching him making pancakes. And the table was set nicely. I just smiled at him, gawking.

Seeing Christopher cook was quite divine. Especially the way he looked in just his boxers. He looked so sexy right now. I looked directly at him and it took him time to actually notice I am standing there. He turned, taken by surprise.

"Emma!" He gasped.

   "Bonjour, Christopher." I greeted him as I came over to the countertop where he was. He took the batter over the stove. "It smells amazing in here."

      He had stood over the stove and I decided to take out the carton of eggs. And I took a bowl out and a spatula. The Christmas music was playing now of Last Christmas that flowed through the house. Christopher was flipping over the pancakes. I had taken out the large frying pan because Christopher had the other one. I took the eggs cracking them in the edge of the bowl. And I cracked a few. And Christopher caught the edge, nervous of me getting the yolk on the table and out of the bowl. He took the eggshell throwing them away. He just saved me. I had brought the bowl over to the frying pan pouring the yolk into the frying pan and it sizzled. And I began making scrambled eggs. As Christopher left the pancakes on the table which was a big batter. As in a big stack. And I smiled watching. He then started on the bacon in the pan he used and the bacon sizzled to life.

      I smiled at Christopher as I began making the scrambled eggs. And I smiled at him nonstop. And as I was placing the eggs on a large serving plate. And then I took out the pitcher of orange juice. I had put in slices of bread into the toaster. And then I had found myself just singing and dancing along. And Christopher has eyes me but when I caught him he chuckled, turning around as if I had done nothing wrong. I chuckled myself and only continued dancing once I grabbed the toast out of the toaster. And I placed napkins on the table as well. And I took the maple syrup out and placed Aunt Jemima on the table. Christopher came over placed the bacon strips on the plate.

   "Petit dejeuner est pret." I swiped my hands together.

   "Huh?" He frowned.

   "Never mind...I keep forgetting you don't understand French. Every morning on Christmas I used to speak French with my mom. Except dad he doesn't know anything about French." I said.

   "I like when you speak French. It's a talent. The way you pronounce your words." He grinned, shutting off the stove.

   "Well in that case....je vous remercie." I nodded. But I knew he didn't know what I said. "It means thank you."

   "Oh." He laughed.

         I tried turning around to get over to the coffee machine but Christopher grabbed me from around the waist, embracing his arms. I giggled as he embraced me against his chest. He started to kiss my nape, moving my hair to the side. I rolled my eyes from him feeling so good. I moaned gently and he worked his kisses to my ear. I tried grabbing him with my hand as I turned around and he pressed his lips to mine. He backed me up against the wall. He planted long kisses to the crook of my neck, with my head to the side. I exhaled in pleasure.

   "Christopher..." I breathed, lifting his head up to stare at him. "What are we doing?"

   "I don't know." He mumbled, shrugging his shoulders.

   "We can't do this right now, Christopher. Our parents could walk down any second." I reminded him.

   "I don't care." He ignored the thought and didn't even think of the thought and just pressed his lips to mine. "Your so beautiful, Emma."

     I giggled and felt his lips on my neck. And then I pulled my lips from his and then I walked into the washer room throwing Christopher his face white v neck shirt and a pair of his jeans and threw his shirt over his head, falling on his middle. He looked sexy putting his shirt on.

   "Joyeux Noel, Christopher..." I nodded, kissing him gently on the lips.

      He smiled at me and then we heard our parents coming downstairs so we just got out of each other's arms. And I smiled once I saw them enter into the kitchen. I emerged over to the cabinet to grab a glass and fill it up with orange juice from the pitcher.

   "Merry Christmas, my lovelies." Colleen smiled.

   "Merry Christmas!" Christopher and I both said in return to her.

When dad came downstairs he said the same and greeted him. I smiled at dad as I embraced. Luckily Christopher finally wrapped the gifts he got last night. He was late at doing at it. He put them under the tree last night during drinking lots and lots of hot chocolate and watching Elf.

So I took my glass placing it down at my place and ended up sitting down. Colleen was very surprised to see Christopher cook on a holiday. Because according to her Christopher never cooks on a holiday. However, we all just gathered at the table and I know I'm just so grateful being here right now at this very moment. I looked at Christopher and I saw him eyeing me. It was amazing to him like that. I smiled at him.

Once we started eating I thought about Christopher the entire time. Every kiss we have. Every time we've slept together. And I just prayed no one could read my thoughts off of my face. I thought about him being such this perfect stepbrother but this...guy who I can't see as a brother anymore. What has drawn me attracted to him? I feel more like I need him but I need him more than ever.

"So did you two sleep well?" Colleen asked us, as we were sitting at the table. The Christmas music was still playing through the house which didn't bother me.

"Yes, we did." I answered for the both of us.

"So, Em, yesterday you're mom came over and she dropped off your Christmas present. Such as yours was given to her." Colleen said, and I'm surprised she actually came over here.

Mom hates coming to the house because of the bad memories she has of the marriage and the divorce. And also, the last time mom was here just before she left that afternoon in June she and dad were fighting like crazy. So it's no wonder why she'd have trouble coming here.

I had poured syrup on my pancakes. But technically their Christopher's pancakes and of course, I stared across at those gray eyes. The eyes that were definitely unresisting. And I had thought of what he is thinking. I wondered what he is thinking. I wanted to know. I looked at his face, seeing the calm written all over him. And every time we kiss I feel more and more addicted to him.

"What time did you wake up, Chris?" Colleen asked him.

"About five thirty. I was unable to sleep after that so I got up and decided to put on the music and just cook. I had nothing better to do." He said.

I thought about two weeks ago when we went Christmas shopping and that night Colleen talked to me about how her parents disowned her. And the Greyson's took her in. And looked after her and Christopher from the start. And I see the connection between Christopher and Colleen. She can seem overbearing. She is definitely clingy as a mother but loving beyond everything. I think she's like that with him because she's afraid of losing him too like how she lost her late husband. And she fears it because she sees him in Christopher.

    And I envied it, only to wish my dad and I were that close. And I see how close they are and it makes me feel full of sadness but I enjoy it completely.

     I had thought of two weeks ago that same night, Christopher and I both slept together on the sofa in the sitting room. Only in my mind is what if my dad or Colleen came down in the night and caught us. But it was more safer there than in our rooms because they would have heard since our bedrooms are close. And I think dad and Colleen know about Christopher and April having sex, especially in the shower. The bathroom is close to the master bedroom so if they didn't hear them then they are just oblivious.

    The kitchen seemed beyond quiet except for the Christmas music that was flowing. Just with Rudolph the Red nose Reindeer. And I had just sat eating through my plate. My toast had jelly on it. And I was drinking my juice only to listen to whatever dad and Colleen were talking about.

    But I could hardly concentrate with seeing Christopher right by me. I did my usually trick. I took my feet out of my slippers and I put my foot right on his lap only going onto his crotch which I circled with my foot. I massaged nice and slowly. And I swear I felt him getting aroused. Getting erected. And the funny part is it was being done right underneath our parents noses. They had no clue.

    Christopher looked anxious about us getting caught. He sent me a what-are-you-doing look. I had just smiled and I didn't care. He looked ready to lose it. I felt him already getting a hard on. And very silently he sighed trying to not make a noise. But the conversation at the table kept going further. And no one noticed how Christopher was reacting. He eventually had to fake a cough so they wouldn't hear the moans coming from him. And just like that, he breathed finally and I handed him a napkin, and then I took my foot off of him and I placed my feet back into my slippers.

    The breakfast table had Christopher and me completely silent. We just remained quiet. But we both observed our parents both talking. And I had looked directly at Christopher is an unforgettable look. And he just looked at me from across the way.

When breakfast was completely finished, Christopher and I volunteered to clean up. I mean I did help making it with Christopher this morning. And so, I had gone directly to the sink gathering the plates to the sink to rinse and wash. Colleen and dad went upstairs to get ready. And we stayed in the kitchen cleaning up. I'm a complete germaphobic. But besides that, tidying the kitchen up was beyond important to me which Christopher doesn't understand.

The music still flowing through the house as I rinsed off every plate, dish, cup and silverware, putting them into the dishwasher. I had the Christmas spirit right now I was dancing. Christopher seemed a bit standoffish. And just like that, I pulled him away from the countertop where he was wiping it down with a rag. I took the rag and threw it in the sink. And he definitely was confused to what I was doing.

"Emma, what are you doing?" He had a laugh breaking under his voice.

While I danced, I brought him close to me. And he was not having it. "We gotta clean the kitchen up, Em."

I had the ugliest complaint in my head that I scoffed at him.

"Why are you calling me that?" I asked, looking deep up into his stormy gray eyes.

Christopher had just recently started nicknaming me Tulip. But other times he calls me Em or my actual name Emma and sometimes he puts in Chloe. But it depends. He started it two weeks ago. So I had the curiosity of why he's not calling me the name he gave me.

"Huh?"

"I want you..." I grabbed onto his shoulders. "...to call me Tulip. As you have been."

He chuckled. "Okay Tulip. Is that better?"

"Yes...and now you have to kiss me." I pleaded softly.

"Are you trying to get us caught?" He softly said, and I thought about it but I just raised a brow at him and just in seconds my lips were over his. He seemed quite nervous. And quickly he pulled away, resisting. "Em, your dad could come down."

Funny two weeks ago I said that and he didn't care and we had sex on the sitting room's sofa. And before breakfast we kissed and he didn't care then. Why is he so worried now? But I like his resisting behavior. It's kinda hot.

"Their upstairs, Chris. Don't worry." I whispered, challenging him.

He slowly gave in and we both kissed to the point that we couldn't even stop kissing. He backed me up into the countertop. But then my anxiety was how much time do we have to do this? If my dad caught us kissing like this he'd be so infuriated. So I stopped right away in case we'd get caught.

"I see." He said.

But since I am quite a classy bitch. And theatrical. And dramatic. I had taken the sinks water and I splashed it at him. He turned his face quickly, gasping from it being cold. He definitely wasn't expecting it. But I was trying to drench his shirt badly. He chuckled about it. I don't know what's with us... we hang out in the kitchen and act very childish. I smiled about what I did. He rolled his eyes teasingly and I just splashed him again. And he definitely laughed being a bit annoyed. I pulled him closer as I splashed more water at him. He got closer and did the same to me. We both ended up laughing.

"You are gonna get us in trouble!" He laughed, but I had splashed him again regardless of what he said.

I am being like a child.

I giggled and he smiled and I saw the floor was wet on each tile. And he took the hose wetting me in my pajamas on Christmas morning in my flannel pajamas.

I felt my face get wet so I closed my eyes and threw my head over. So my hair got soaked. And we were just laughing nonstop with the Christmas music on. Candy Cane from The Nutcracker ballet started blasting through the house and it was making us go crazy as bad as having a water fight in the kitchen after breakfast. But of course dad is probably eventually going to go to the garage to collect some firewood.

Marshmallow had barked at us and we were now chasing each other through the house. We ran into the charming dining room. And I honestly never had this much fun with anybody in quite a while. I begin to chase him as I always have courage to do.

Christopher and I both had slipped and fell when we entered the kitchen from the floor being wet. We both slipped and fell. I grabbed onto him for balance before I am able to fall completely. But it happens to turn him around and he loses control of his feet and he falls right down with me on top of me.

Not like we haven't been like this already.

In the moment of us...my heart relaxes. And I stare at his beautiful eyes. And he just was so beautiful. Everything about him is amazing. I honestly am in love with him. I send him a sly smile and he looks possessed by me. Like I captured him under a spell. He is so close to kiss me until we hear someone clear their throat.

He looks away from me and he looks forward as I look back while on the ground. We saw April standing there. She looked shocked. She seemed clueless. But upset and confusion was definitely on her face.

April's hair was curled and she was wearing a long green button down coat. Her purse on her shoulder and she was wearing black dress boots made out of leather.

"What's going on?" April folded her arms, looking full of fury but more confusion than anything.

Christopher looked so clueless he had no idea what to say.

Oh fuck!

I should back him up. Even though I hate that he and April are together and it gives me a jealous rage whenever I think of them together. But I don't want him unhappy. So I gotta save his relationship.

"We were having a tortuous moment." I backed him up. I then pushed him off me to play along that we were only playing. And I got up on my own so April didn't suspect anything just so I could cover his ass.

"Wow." She looked at us in disbelief.

"April, when did you get here? I thought you would call when you were on your way." He said.

"I did. Except it kept ringing and ringing. It even went to voicemail. I thought maybe he's just busy or he's in the shower. But then... I come over and your stepdad let me in...I see this happening in front of my eyes. You...my own boyfriend on top of your stepsister." She sounded beyond pissed.

A part of me wanting to slap her and tell her to shut the fuck up. Is this how she treats him? If Christopher was mine and only mine I'd never treat him like this. Or any boyfriend I have. I wouldn't disrespect him like this.

"April, c'mon. It was nothing. We were only playing." He said.

She eyed the kitchen's tiles and the look on her face was fury. She looked at me and then back at Christopher. April looked so upset I couldn't explain the deep fury. Somehow I wish I could tell her to back off of his case. I wanted to tell her to stop being a bitch.

I held my tongue and refused to interfere.

"Playing around I'm sure. If that's even what you call it." She spits out.

She honestly was taking this the wrong way. I couldn't even stand here and watch her spat at Christopher. I only wanted to slap her for her behavior at this point. If I assumed something else was going on between my boyfriend and another girl I wouldn't cause this much mess. Especially on Christmas and especially with his own stepsister. But in reality behind it all...Christopher and I are fucking behind her back. And I will say she deserves the hurt. After what she did to Logan and Luke and Victoria. Victoria and Luke are over because of her.

Here I stand, wanting April's relationship to be destroyed after what she did. But little does she know...it is. I hate her right now I want to punch her. But then again...I stand my ground. And I stand back, relaxing myself.

"You honestly make my life miserable, don't you? It's always the same bullshit, Christopher. I can't stand you for a second." April turned away for a moment and then she just remained silent.

"April, we were just having fun. We do this all the time. It's not what it looks like." He said, backing himself up.

"Oh really?" She crossed her arms. "So you being on top of her...is something you do all the time?"

Christopher scoffed at her in disbelief. I couldn't stand the fact for a minute. I had to interfere now. I don't care. I just have to. She has no right to treat him like this. I was behind Christopher 'cause he sensed that I'd be angry and try to say something. He would stop me no matter what.

"April," I started. "Look, it's not what it seems. We were just fooling around. We're brother and sister. We were just being silly. Blame anyone. Blame me. I started the whole thing."

She looked at me with pity. "Are you fucking my boyfriend? Is that what's going on?"

"What?" I jumped back in surprise. "No!"

"I'd like you to leave the room. I want to talk to my boyfriend alone, if you don't mind." She spoke loudly that made me jump.

I nodded silently and I didn't bother saying another word. I walked out of the kitchen leaving them alone. They started on a not so great conversation. It was definitely an argument about me. I didn't stay around to listen so I went upstairs and decided to go take my shower. So I could stay as far away from them as possible.

I only felt dreadfully awful from what April saw. Are they going to breakup? Is this my fault? But then I thought...I love him. And I cringed remembering her telling me her boyfriend but little does she know that he's also mine. No one else's but mine for sure. He loves kissing me a hundred times and when we have sex he's good at it and calls me intelligent and glamorous. But calls April dull. I'm compared to that. Mine is better than her. And she obviously knows she can't compete against me if he's into me. That explains why she's so jealous of me.

      I honestly don't know how we're gonna be able to hide this from our parents much longer. What if Colleen or my dad finds out about us? I know that we need to be careful. But I hate being careful. And I hate that we have to be secret. And I hate that he's with April. And I hate that he's so into me and all over me one minute and then the next he is all over her. It just makes me cry.

   He's not yours to have Emma, my subconscious mind said. And I agreed with her.

   He's not mine.

     In the shower, I let out a thousand tears. Maybe more. And I just couldn't relax, thinking about Christopher and April. He's probably trying to convince her that nothing is going on and they could be having make up sex right now. And I want nothing but to cry so hard. My tears fell from my eyes uncontrollably.

     I braced my hands to both sides of my head, not being able to take this anymore. I want him. But how can I have him when he's not rightfully mine? But deep down he is mine. Maybe all of this was a bad idea. Maybe kissing him was wrong. Maybe having sex with him was also wrong. The way I feel about him I've never felt about anybody else. Not anyone. He's the only one that does and can. What have I done? What am I doing? Why am I addicted to him? He's going to become a withdrawal from me very soon because he's like a drug. I hate myself. Why did I have to fall for my own stepbrother? Why did I let this happen?

     Deep down it'll always be April. I knew that from the beginning. I knew she'd be his number one. She still is. And he loves her. But I can't say if he loves me the way I love him. But there's love. He told me he was falling out of love with April because he was falling in love with me. But it happened slowly, I guess.

     I try so hard to be perfect for him. I do everything wrong. I try so hard to be everything to him. I love him that it hurts. That's how much he means to me. I can't be who he wants me to be. Maybe if I were a blonde he'd love me more. What does she have that I don't? What do I need to do to get him exactly as she has him? Why is it meant to be fair?

    I let the water sprinkle down my body and I close my eyes only feeling crushed because I can't stand the thought of anything. The thought of April and Christopher. I know he's physically with her but deep down he doesn't love her. That he loves me. And I know April is blind to see it.

      The tears just keep falling down my face as I only think of him. No one else but him. Everything about him. His voice, his laugh, his smile. And even his touch. And I want him to have me as much as I want him to have me. But deep down it isn't true. I feel myself ready to just breakdown and cry nonstop under the shower head. I had wanted nothing but let the tears run and run and run.

    As soon as I got out of the shower, I headed back into my room and I shut my door behind me. I had the towel wrapped around me and I went to take my robe putting it on over my naked body. I went directly to my closet, seeing the beautiful red dress I wanted to wear. To look my best.

When I put on the dress I felt confident in it. I felt like I could be myself. This is Christmas so I'm gonna set my selfish feelings aside. And I need to be calm as ever. I stared at myself in the mirror after I was done putting on my lipstick. I exhaled and I knew this is me. I mean come on, I'm Emma James. I could belong to a royal family and no one would know it.

I closed my eyes, breathing for a moment. And I just stared back at my reflection. Those chocolate brown eyes...just blazing back at me.

"Be confident, Emma. Be confident. Be happy." I faked a smile for a moment and then noticed it's enough. "And believe in yourself. Your beautiful. Your smart. Charming. Funny. And cute."

I didn't like the sound of cute. What's cute anyway? Puppies I guess. Not women or girls my age. No. So I'm gonna just go with glamorous.

"Glamorous." I corrected myself, slimming out my dress as I reached for my matching heels to wear.

I wore my hair half up and half down. And I sprayed on perfume. And then I had immediately made it down in the sitting room and I walk in on a serious intense make out session between April and Christopher. I gasped, walking out. But somehow Christopher couldn't take his eyes off me the second I walked in. He stared at my charm bracelet I was wearing.

"Emma...you look...s-" he hesitated. But he corrected his words right away. "You look amazing."

I know what he really wanted to say. He wanted to say how beautiful and sexy I looked. But I sent him an understanding nod. And then I had just come down and took my hand, seeing my charm bracelet. He just stared.

"I still like your charms." He reminded me.

I then pulled my hand from him and I just decided to grab myself a mug of hot cocoa that Colleen was handing out. Christmas music still filled through the house of Carol of the Bells. I decided to sit down on the sofa next to dad. He gave me a hug and then my phone started to ring. I took my mug placing it on the coaster. And I pressed the green button to answer. It was mom who I was excited to hear from even though I hardly looked at who it was calling.

"Joyeux Noel, Emma!" I heard mom and Aunt Maggie exclaim happily onto the phone.

I laughed hearing their identical voices through the phone. It's actually true. My mom and Aunt Maggie sound exactly the same. On the phone of course. And my dad sometimes thinks it's my mom who is on the phone when it's Aunt Maggie.

"Bonjur! Bonjur! Bonjur! Joyeux Noel!" I laughed loudly to them. "Comment vas-tu. Comment est votes Noel?"

"What language is she speaking?" I heard April scoff to Christopher.

"Don't worry. You'll get used to it. She speaks French daily." He chuckled, embracing April close to his side.

     Christopher was dressed differently. He had to of gotten dressed differently while I was in the shower. But I think there might have been make up sex with Christopher and April. Why else are they getting along on the same pace? And because of that, I see it was sex. It's why Christopher is in a maroon sweater and khakis. And in which of this, I only laugh it takes April to get over their fights after having sex. Is that all their relationship is? Fighting and sex?

    I watched Christopher grab April who was wearing a black dressy dress that she looked good in. And he tickled her to the point she yelped out his name and I watched him pull her over on his lap still tickling her.

   "OH MY GOD, CHRISTOPHER, STOP!" She giggled in his arms lying across his lap while he tickled her to life.

     I rolled my eyes at them and just left the sitting room while I had the chance. And I still heard April's screams of laughter as I left.

     I will admit I was glad to hear mom and Aunt Maggie. Mom has been so busy we barely have a conversation. I just smiled as I walked to the family room shutting the two large French doors behind me to get some privacy. But the house was still loud from the music and April's shouts.

    "Hi, honey. How are you?" Mom said, or is it Maggie? No. Maggie never calls me honey. That's my mother's voice. "How's Christmas with your stepfamily?"

     It's funny how she didn't ask about dad. She only asked about Colleen and Christopher. Is that a good sign? But the reason why mom and I decided to spend next Christmas together is because I told her that Christopher and I were getting along so well and also mom went out of state for Christmas. She actually went to Oregon with Aunt Maggie to visit my great uncle and also Grandma went as well who bakes the greatest pies.

   "Everything is good. I'm glad to hear your voice. I miss you." I said with a smile to myself.

      Hearing my mom's voice made me feel very happy. I love her and I miss her. But I love my mom more than anything. Mom and I have always been close. This was always our favorite holiday. So it's not a surprise to me that she called.

    "Oh, we missed you too. It's hectic over here. Your Grandma has taken over your Uncle Mark's kitchen with her Pumpkin Spice and Apple Pies." Mom laughed. "And your cousins are here, Paul, Jake and Oralia."

I nodded to it to myself about that. My cousins are quite phenomenal. I haven't seen them since the summer. We went to the lake house together. Remember the lake house I told you about? Well that's the same one. The one mom and dad had been going together since they started dating. But dad doesn't anymore since the divorce. Now mom has every right to it. Since it is rightfully hers.

"I'm glad your having fun, mom." I sat on the sofa, my body twisted in a way facing towards the piano.

Mom has always had that feelings of ginger in her when it was the holidays. Especially Christopher time. I just loved my mother. But I won't lie I do miss her. Maybe if I was with her more I can get my mind off of April and Christopher. I absolutely hate Chrispril. It's the ship name everyone made for them in school. Aaron ships it. And I do do not as also Peach doesn't.

I smiled to myself. Imagining mom looking beautiful as ever with her brunette curls. I just love her but I miss her. I think of her around the house at Uncle Mark's with Aunt Maggie, Uncle Sam, my cousins and Grandma.

"I love you, mom." I choked out, trying not to cry.

"Oh, I love you too, baby. I had dropped off my Christmas gift to you yesterday. Colleen was kind enough to take it in the house the other day. Your dad and you were out grocery shopping. And she invited me and I will say...your lucky to have her around." She said gaily.

Since when does mom like Colleen? I mean it's not supposed to be this way. I rolled my eyes to myself listening to her. I hated the idea mom and Colleen could even like each other or be friends. I stared at the porcelain Christmas elf standing on the coffee table. I just relaxed back, crossing my long legs. I thought of the time mom and dad would fight. I remember times mom cried because of dad. After she moved out she cried when I was visiting her. She looked like she never slept because she had bags under her eyes.

Mom was sensitive about the divorce. It affected her badly. And when she found out he was dating Colleen within a month later which was technically four weeks after and I saw she was crushed about how fast he moved on.

So I honestly look at everything in black and white now. I don't understand why mom likes Colleen all of a sudden. She never did. And now she likes her. I honestly don't get it.

"Your just okay with her now?" I asked, confusion in my voice to be very noticeable.

"Well she was very kind, Emma. I think she is saving your dad. Deep down he was lost when we divorced. I mean, deep down in my heart... I will always love your dad. Always. But we grew apart. We just changed. We weren't the people we were when we first met. We are different now. But we moved on. And he's done it. And so am I. But slowly." She explained. "I thought you liked Colleen?"

"I do." I sighed. "It's just that...she's not you." I admitted.

"Honey, no one is ever going to take my place. Think about this...you have two moms. I mean that must be great, huh? And you have an amazing stepbrother. And everything else...your nothing but a perfect stepdaughter and stepsister. Your awesome to them." She said.

"Yeah, I know. I just miss you. That's all." I said softly.

"I know you do. I miss you too. But...we are gonna see each other real soon." She said promising, and I thought of it happening real soon.

"That sounds good, mom." I agreed.

"Well honey, I gotta go. I won't keep you from your day with your dad. But I'll talk to you later. Okay?" She said. "I love you."

"I love you too, mom. Bye." I said softly and then the line ended.

I released a sigh and I got up from the loveseat, opening the two large French doors. I shut them behind me. And I headed towards the sitting room and that's exactly where I saw Colleen in a nice pair of cozy jeans and a light pink sweater that was made of cotton and her blonde hair tied up in a bun. I had recollected my mug of hot cocoa and I started to sip from it.

I watched Christopher and April both embracing each other. April had her golden hair still in the curls I saw them in. Beach curls that I've never seen April have. Her dress made me kinda jealous of how beautiful she looked. I set my phone down and I just kinda sat drinking my hot cocoa.

April noticed I returned and she kept looking over at me to make sure I wasn't paying attention to Christopher. April was trying to catch me and Christopher in the act. But we were not going to give it away. Even though I wanted to badly. I couldn't because of our parents being present. I looked directly at April making an unusual eye contact. I wanted to tell her to shut the hell up and quit staring at me. I just drank my hot cocoa. And suddenly, April pulled Christopher close to her as she took his hand, moving it on her breast.

Christopher moved his hand down her waist and to her thigh. She pulled him in for a kiss bringing his hand back on her breast. He broke the kiss quickly. But she was aggressively not taking no. And she put her lips back on his hard. And from this, he kinda frowned and the kiss was so intense he finally pulled away.

"Ape, what has gotten into you?" He moved back in surprise.

"Nothing. I just wanna kiss you." She smiled, pulling him by the neck and kissed him again.

    I immediately rolled my eyes. I saw him pull his lips from hers. He chuckled awkwardly and didn't seem interested in making out with her. I wonder how long their isn't lasted. The music was so loud dad and Colleen didn't hear anything. Colleen already had put the ham in the oven. I just went over to Marshmallow and I rubbed his head. I had then smiled over at dad who got up the second I did.

    "You look beautiful, angel." Dad said to me as he hugged me.

    "Thank you, daddy!" I smiled happily.

Through most part of sitting in the sitting room while the music was flowing I had to sit and watch Christopher and April make out in front of me. And I kinda was raging with jealousy. I don't care if he's not mine, I'm like craving him right now. I'm craving him so bad that all I want to do is kiss him and never stop. He is obviously the one I adore. But every time April kissed him he seemed distant like he wasn't into it. But I kept looking at his hands as they were at her thigh only imagining they were on mine. And he looked very sexy in his sweater that I wanted nothing but to tear off of him. And I wanna trace every defined ab on him. Kiss him up and down his torso.

I snapped myself back to reality and I noticed that April saw I was watching but I turned my head away, not paying attention.

I got up from the sofa and I decided to leave the sitting room, leaving Christopher and April to make out. And so I went into the family room, opening the French doors. I decided to sit at the piano. And when I sat down I opened the lid, seeing the keys. They appeared beautifully right in front of me. I have been playing the piano for years. But then I remembered on Thanksgiving Patrick telling me about Christopher learning to play from a choir teacher at a church when he was young.

     I wasn't going to play it to get anyone's attention. And of course, I just began to play the keys and very nervously Silent Night began playing from me. I learned to play it when I was thirteen. I learned a lot of Christmas songs. And just like that, I smiled as I began to play it. And I just thought of playing it. And I was stuck in the room and with the music flooding to my ears that echoed the room, I thought of Christopher. I thought of every time we had sex. We been having sex for two weeks straight since it began the night in his car. And it rained. And the second time was in the sitting room on the sofa. The same one April and Christopher are making out on. But me I'm able to remember it all and think of it. And the other times was of course in Christopher's room or in the basement on the couch. And we been keeping it a secret for two weeks. Our parents don't know and that's all that matters.

I felt my heart of its rhythm become the music. I imagined violins playing and I imagined an orchestra playing. And I just thought of how Silent Night was anything but the greatest to play. I had just closed my eyes only imagining. And what was going in my head was me kissing Christopher. And I couldn't get him out of my head no matter how hard I try.

    When I was finally done, I stared at the keys. But my silence in the room finally broke.

"I never got to tell you how much I love your playing." Christopher interrupted the silent room, scaring me to gasp to his interruption and I felt edgy until I heard it was him. "It's beautiful to hear."

I stared at Christopher, watching him enter the room. And I stared him up and down. I stared at how gorgeous he looked. All I wanted to do was kiss him. I honestly can never get enough from him. I just want more.

His smile brightened me up inside. He stood by the piano but I just didn't appreciate he was in here with me when he could be kissing his girlfriend to a nonstop existing moment. But something tells me he didn't come in here to listen to me play.

"Well thank you, Chris. But if you don't mind I'd like to play my-"

He cut me off. "-what's wrong with you? This morning you were all cheerful. With the dancing, the water fight and now...it's like nothing."

I couldn't hide it if I tried. He figured it out about me. And I just stared at those eyes again that had me captivated by him from the moment we met.

"Christopher," I said softly, he then sat next to me at the piano seat. "You didn't do anything wrong. It's just...I like being around you. I feel like myself when I'm with you. But when your with her I don't feel like myself. At the least."

Christopher seemed concerned at that moment. He looked lost and he knew none of this was fair to me. I just looked down at the keys and he seemed lost but trying to find words. He wrapped his arm around me and I leaned my head on his shoulder, holding back every tear inside me.

"Emma, I'm sorry. None of this is fair to you. But listen...your you. Your not her. If I wanted to cheat on April with anyone it would be you and you only. No one else." He said.

He made me feel really good inside. All I thought about was him kissing me. It's all I wanted but I kept calm and relaxed every bone in my body. I smiled for a moment and I just looked at his eyes, turning my head directly his way. I then took his arm off of my shoulder and I just straightened myself out.

I smelled Christopher's cologne on him that made me more attracted to him.

"So I heard you play too?" I asked, changing the subject.

H scoffed. "Patrick told you, didn't he?"

I nodded. "Yeah, he did. So is it true or was that another lie from a player's mouth?"

He chuckled with me and I gently only smiled with my own laugh to myself about calling Patrick a player which is what he was at the end of the day.

"Was it from a church?" I asked.

"Partly. My father originally taught me. I was six. And when my father passed, I barely played because it hurt my mom while she was grieving. So when I was a bit older the church taught me. And when I was fourteen, Gina and I used to compete who was better at which song." He said.

"Wanna compete with me?" I said, as curiosity made its way on his face and he just smiled at the thought.

"Emma, I'm not-"

"Oh come on, it'll be fun. I'll play a song you know and tell me if it's good or not. That's all. And then you can do the same for me." I told him, he chuckled, looking away for a second. "Please Chris. Only one round."

"Okay." He sighed, agreeing.

       And I had just laughed at the thought of not being able to win over him which I did to make him agree. And so he decided I should go first. He asked me to play Beethoven's biggest popular one, Für Elise. And of course anyone who plays piano or keyboard should know that because it's so popular and one of the easiest to learn.

     I picked up on it right away and I started playing it like I have never played it. My Grandma was very good with teaching me. I gazed down at the keys and I was definitely left in a trance as I played.

      I definitely just played and Christopher remained silent and I just worried in my head of what he thought of it. What he possibly thought of it. I just remained calm as I played, pushing my anxiety thoughts out of my head. And I know Christopher was just beyond thrilled to hear me play.

    On Thanksgiving he couldn't exactly hear me play. The last time I was playing the piano we weren't talking on that day and we were both fighting. Jealousy and anger and in denial of feelings. And when I mean in denial I mean Christopher.

    I gazed over at him, and I saw the smile on his face. And I just loved every part of him. To see him by my side while I played made me feel extremely well. And I just thought of the music being played to us in free spirited highs as we run through the woods chasing another in beautiful sunsets.

   Snap out of it Emma, my subconscious mind yelled to me.

   And once I was finished, Christopher grabbed my hand, checking to see if I was okay. And I most definitely was. And I looked over at him, seeing the stormy gray eyes. Kinda like gray clouds before a nasty storm. That's Christopher's eyes. But it's beautiful.

   "How'd I do?" I asked him, turning towards him, but I feared he got lost in the music too.

  "You did perfect. Except for the last part. I mean it seemed a bit off. Like the last part was a bit confused with another verse." He said.

    I rolled my eyes before spatting, "oh whatever! I was close. And maybe I mixed it up purposely."

   "Now why would my classy stepsister do that?" He chuckled, finding this disagreement funny.

   "To see if you were really listening." I whispered to his ear.

Talking to Christopher was like music to my ears. And I enjoyed this moment. Just staying in the family room, playing the piano with him. Even though he claims he knows so much more about music. He probably does. But the only part is that he definitely caught on when I purposely reversed the verses. And he might have found it cute or annoying. But I surely didn't. And I felt like Christopher for the first time has actually seen me for me. Not as anything since the day we met or the day at the wedding. Did he really think of me more then? He admitted to me he did. But I just don't believe he did and never said anything. He danced with Peach. My best friend he has eyed up and down before. And deep down I wish it was me.

And the worst part is I hated my own best friend for dancing with him. I hated her when I hated that I hated her. She is my best friend and I hated her. And that day all at once I was dealing with difficult issues of my parents not together and dad getting married. That day was chaotic.

    Christopher gave me this good feeling. And I was tired of pretending and hiding. But for once I have been able to show it. And I just enjoyed it completely. Having him...being with him. Even if it was in secret.

   "Okay Emma Chloe, let me go." He said, taking full charge of the keys, playing them.

     It was the song I played on Thanksgiving. A song that was by Bach. And he definitely knew it very well. And it was quite the music that I have loved hearing. The song that flowed to my ears. Christopher's playing was actually really good. Beyond good. And it was amazing. And this whole competing thing was actually fun. And playing the keys he made were elegant and it flowed perfectly. Does Colleen know he plays this good?

And the express from the piano was beyond beautiful. Lovely. And peaceful. And I never had a feeling quite like this and it drove me wild of how beautiful he played. And he just smiled as he played, just moving his fingers on the keys. And I just quite loved every little thing about him. I was falling deeply in love with him. Just sitting here I was about to want him to kiss me. My breathing became a bit erratic. And I smiled, tearing the tune play. Lovely was all I thought of.

Once he was done the room went to a quick silence.

"So, how did I do?" He whispered.

I could hardly speak as I just tried to breathe and he knew I was shook by him. And when I mean shook it was incredible unlike anybody including myself. And I'm a sore loser. But when it comes to him...it's him I care of winning.

"You win." I whispered returning a response to him.

I stared at his eyes for the longest moment. I only wanted to have him in my arms again like always when no ones around. I wanted to kiss him. And he was thinking the same. And I thought maybe we could since no one was around. But then there was the interruption as soon as possible and we both turned to see April standing at the entrance, her arms crossed.

"Hey Ape." He said, covering up anything that seemed to be out of the norm to her.

She scoffed, walking further in. "What are you guys up to?"

     Her voice sounded very judgmental the second she said it but it was more like she was saying it to Christopher than me. And she looked at me like I was a parasite. And I already know that April hates me. The second she threatened me to stay away from Christopher is when I knew. Right from the start I knew she was jealous of me and then Christopher told me she was. I wonder if all their fights were actually about me?

    I just saw April that she looked more perfect than anything and she is definitely beautiful to Christopher I think. And he seemed distracted from her. And she is just seemed very instant to steal him away.

   "We were playing piano competition." Christopher responded to her, and she still had the look of envy on her face.

  "You know it's funny...every time I turnaround you are like....getting close to her. I don't understand it, Christopher." She said, her face looking beyond pissed than anything.

   Christopher stood up, ready to defend himself in defense to her. I remained sitting but I shut the cover over the keys and I threw my face into my hands not able to handle this.

  "April," he cleared his throat. "Why are you doing this? Of all days today?"

   "No, why are you doing this?" She spat back at him. "You can't know how I'm feeling. Earlier you two were on the floor but you tell me nothing is going on but after your in here... smiling and laughing with her stepsister admitting nothing is going on."

   "Nothing is going on!" He said loudly but making it softly so our parents wouldn't hear his outburst.

   I lifted my head back up, and I knew she wasn't going to buy it. She's just envious and jealous of me. Even if we weren't secretly going around with each other she'd still think there is.

   "Bullshit." She had this face of hurt but envy at the same time.

   "April, what do I have to do to prove to you nothing is going on with Emma and me. I wish you would just see that. I've tried telling you...convincing you but you just won't take it. I don't understand." He said.

   April turned her head away, looking at him in a fuming look that definitely read refusal.

   "I can't believe you. You both obviously have feelings for each other and you I can see it. Don't you dare lie to Christopher Greyson. I can see right through you. The both of you. But Christopher you cannot tell me that you don't have feelings for your stepsister." She said, her voice sounding emotional.

   I have thought of nothing that she deserves the truth. But did she tell the truth to Victoria or Logan when she was sleeping with Luke? So why should we?

     April is treating Christopher like she is nothing but in control of every little thing. But of course, I can't stop the fact of wanting to tell her to shut up and leave Christopher alone. We need to protect us from getting caught by April or else our parents could find out.

   "No," he told her. "I don't. She's my stepsister. It's you who I love. And this overbearing and clingy thing you got going on... I don't like it. And I want you to realize that Emma is my sister of course we're gonna be close."

   She threw her hands up in the air.

  "Christopher, you make me feel that way. Not because I want to. You constantly talk to girls all the time. But not only that, when was the last time we even had sex?" She said.

     I stood up now wanting nothing but to leave. I didn't wanna hear any of this. I needed to walk away. But I stopped myself once Christopher pulled me back to stay even though I didn't want to at all. I rolled my eyes at him. His attention remained back to April.

   "What are you talking about? We had sex today? Or like you like to say...you like the compromise and you take upon me to only worship me to passion. That's what you call it. And that's what happened." He said.

   She shook her head. "Yeah, but having sex with you recently is different. And even when I'm around you...your distracted. Even when we kiss. It's different." She had an edgy voice sounding like she could cry. And this was all getting to her.

  "This is ridiculous." He shook his head.

  "You know how much I hate it when someone else can have you. But baby, I can't be with you with these insecurities. And I can't touch you with the possibility knowing some other girl has touched you." She whined, nearly ready to cry.

   Christopher walked to her, wrapping his arms around her, and they went into an embrace.

   "Ape, you are all I want. The only girl I wanna be with. I am promising you nothing is going on with Emma and me. I promise, babe." He spoke softly to her, and she let go of the fuming jealousy rage that she just had and she went into his arms, relaxing finally.

    Quickly they both went into a make out session. I watched uncomfortably and that's when I left, deciding to leave them alone. I felt envy, I won't lie. But then I knew it was perfect cover up if he's with April so our parents won't find out about us.

     Once I left, I released a sigh of sadness. And then the tears arrived.

~

        Sitting in the sitting room with the music playing. We had drank lots of hot cocoa and we just sat laughing to each other about anything interesting. But for as the time had been April didn't leave Christopher's side for a moment. She had been over him since the argument she had with him in the sitting room about me and him loving each other. April isn't stupid at all. She definitely can read us. But I'm only denying it for him because Christopher wants it like this. I don't wanna do anything to him that will make him unhappy. And this was his wish to have this way.

Through most of the time spending together, Colleen kept taking photos of us. Me and Christopher mainly. There were times when I wanted nothing but to just refuse any pictures. I can only imagine what'll happen before we leave for the New Years Eve Ball. Colleen will probably take pictures like crazy. And that day actually scares me because he's going with April and I'm going by myself. Just like Peach is. But that's why I'm trying not to worry about it.

   Time ran by and it looks like dad didn't wanna waste much time and then dad decided to start to give out gifts. And Colleen started because she had lovely gifts to give, so she said. And I waited patiently with my legs crossed and I wasn't caring about the gifts at all. I was keeping my mind on Christopher the entire time. I saw him gaze over to me while April couldn't keep her hands off of him. In order to distract myself from them, I was just petting Marshmallow.

     Colleen handed out the first gift to me and then Christopher. Colleen grabbed her camera to take pictures as memories. I faked a smile when she took it. I unwrapped the wrapping paper which was the color of red and green Christmas colors. Jingle Bell Rock started playing through the house.

    I smiled as I unwrapped it slowly. Dad seemed such in excitement for me to open whatever gift Colleen got me. I grinned seeing a beautiful light purple quilt and it was big and heavy. I saw it was patched. A picture of Paris on it. And the cursive fancy word P A R I S written across it showing the Eiffel Tower. I smiled with a gasp.

   "I know you love Paris. Especially with your best French you speak. Maybe one day you'll go there. And you can take this quilt with you." Colleen smiled.

   "It is beautiful. Thank you so so so so so much, Colleen." I chuckled, pulling her in for a hug.

     I honestly couldn't think of what to say. Dad smiled at this moment between Colleen and me. I smiled over seeing Christopher with a nice new brown leather jacket. I wasn't surprised Colleen would give him something like that. April then gave Christopher her gift to him. He opened it and it was a Steelers hoodie with number 98 on it. And a pair of brown boots. Christopher liked it I could tell so he kissed her. But then he gave April her gift from him. It was in a small box. Jewelry of course. She knew it too. When she opened it...it was a beautiful ruby red necklace and she smiled seeing it.

   "Christopher...it is so beautiful. Oh my god." She grinned. "Could you put it on for me?" She softly said.

    She turned her back towards him as he took out the necklace from the box and put it on around her neck, chaining it together. And then she smiled looking back at him where she pecked his lips. I rolled my eyes. But then dad got up and handed me the gift from mom and his gift to me as well. I unwrapped it and mom gave me a one hundred dollar gift card to French Victorian Weekend. And also a eighty dollars as well. I thought it was too much. How could mom give me this? So I frowned. But then I grinned and bared it, deciding to pick a bone with mom about it later. So then I opened dad's gift. He got me a matching gif to Colleen's. Except his was a pillow of the print picture of the Eiffel Tower with Paris cursively written across.

   "Dad!" I exclaimed.

  "It's to go with your quilt. So when you sleep at night...you have a pillow of Paris as well. But also when you do go to Paris make sure to bring the pillow with your quilt." He smiled.

  "Oh my god! I love it! You have no idea how much I love it!" I giggled like a little child.

     Dad then kissed my forehead as I got up to hug him. I will admit today is a fantastic day. By then, I had never been so happy on Christmas. I never thought I would without mom. But I got a gift from mom. So that's pretty awesome. I smiled at dad and he stroked my cheek. Then I got up to give dad his gifts. And also Colleen hers. I smiled once dad opened to see the scarf I got him and he smiled appeared along with Colleen seeing the nice slippers I got her. And then she opened the earrings I got her.

   "Emma...their lovely." Colleen commented.

   "Their snowmen." I chuckled.

   "Well they are beautiful." She smiled at me and pulled me in for a hug.

    I pulled out a gift I forced myself to buy for April. So I take it out from beside the fireplace and I walk over and I hand it to her. She looked surprised. And I looked at April with happiness so she didn't think I hate her after all. April just stared and looked at the small wrapped present. She stared confusingly.

   "Really?" She choked out.

   "No. Your practically family. Don't thank me for it. It was Chris's idea." I lied, just so she didn't have to like me.

    She took the gift and unwrapped it. I waited to see her reaction what I got her. She carefully opened it as Christopher was confused what it was that I got her. He didn't even know I got her a gift. I shook my head at him and by then she took it out of the wrapping paper right off. It was a cup that was pink which I knew was April's favorite color.

   And it said on the cup: CHRIS & APRIL with two doves ringing in a painting.

    April smiled and couldn't believe I got her a gift that had her name and Christopher's name on it.

   "Well...unexpected." April said.

   "You don't like it?" I asked, feeling offended by her words.

  "No!" She snapped. "I like it. But it seems too much. But...if it makes you feel any better...thank you, Emma."

  "You can drink coffee in it every morning and think of him." I commented.

      I smiled and watched them both kiss. I then quickly walked away retrieving Christopher's gifts. I got him a lot I know. But I didn't care. I went directly under the tree to grab them. Christopher had taken the gift from me I handed him.

   "Be careful with the smaller one." I warned him.

      He opened the smaller one first when I mentioned it. And his eyes didn't leave mine. And I just smiled watching him open it to reveal the watch I got him. It was black and gold. He deserved it. He looked at me and I read concern across his face. I smiled no matter what.

    "Emma, you paid a lot of money for this." He said softly.

   "It's not a big deal, Christopher." I shrugged it off.

   "Yes, this is just too mu-"

   "-open the others!" I cut him off fast.

He took the gifts and he opened the one that was the polar shirt I got him. I hope I got him the right size. And then Christopher smiled but I forced him not to say another word to me. He took the other gift and opened it. And I know he'll love. April eyed me skeptically as he opened it finding the traditional book of Wuthering Heights.

"Emma...this is first tradition. The original. How on earth did you get this?" He asked in confusion.

"I never give away my secrets. I know you deserved it. I just hope you love it." I said.

"Of course I love it. It's a great gift. I mean...Wuthering Heights." He smiled. "My dad used to read this to me all the time when I was small."

"You never told me that." April said in fury crossing her arms.

"I'm sorry. The subject just never came up." He told her.

"So...you should have told me. I mean seriously. You don't tell me anything about your dad. Not how he died. Just that he died and that's it." The anger was rising from April.

"April can we discuss this...later. Not now." Christopher seethed through his teeth trying not to get upset with her.

He then left from April's side and went directly over to the tree to grab the gifts he got for me. He handed me this shape of a square box. I unwrapped it with him by my side. And opened the box that inside was plastic and annoying decorating paper. Inside was a snow globe of Paris.

"Oh Chris..." I gasped.

"It's Paris. Now you can hold it in your hand in your room. I saw it and thought of you." He said kindly.

I stared at his gray eyes and I wanted to cry. I nearly did but I stopped myself. I wanted to kiss him right now. We stared at each other for the longest moment like we would. But I turned my focus on my snow globe. I shook it and flakes fluttered all over Paris. I could tell April looked pissed right now. I then hugged Christopher close to me. And I never been so happy to have this kind of gift. The other gift I got opened in a matter of seconds with laughter and I saw it was accessories. Charms for my bracelet.

"Charms?" I giggled.

  "Absolutely. Charms to put on your bracelet." He smiled.

     He then took my hand with the charms and he dangled it a bit. And each charm would match the others perfectly. I smiled and then the other I opened that was a locket of pure gold.

   "Oh my god, Christopher...you didn't!" I gasped stepping back as I covered my hand over my mouth.

   "Yes, it's real gold. And trust me...I didn't steal it." He smirked.

   "Can you put it on for me?" I asked.

       I turned around and he took the locket and placed it front of me perfectly around my neck. And then I held my hair in a in above my head with my hands. He placed it on me and clasped the hook to the locket and then after I turned around embracing him. By this...April scoffed with her arms folded and she stormed out of the sitting room. Christopher sent me an apologetic look. And he shook his head in disbelief at her and he decided to go after her.

   "April!" He called after her as he left.

      Of course I knew it wasn't going to be pretty. Colleen and dad eventually had gone into the kitchen and they were talking and then laughing. And I felt very bad as anything. For him. Christopher was always making a mistake in front of her but it wasn't anything like he kissed me. He was actually acting normal for us. And by that, I mean April is just taking it the wrong way. Or she over exaggerates over anything.

     I had gone into the family room for a moment but then of course, I heard the yelling and shouting. I knew it was coming from April and Christopher. I had eventually returned my gifts I got into my room and as I did that I still heard the shouting and yelling. But then I just returned back downstairs and I think dad and Colleen heard it. They were busy on getting dinner to be ready. It's already after five in the afternoon. But of course we heard the shouting.

    "YOUR BLOWING THIS OUT OF PROPORTION!" I heard Christopher scream from outside the patio.

     I went to the window shutting the curtains and I saw them both arguing like mad wild cats and dogs at each other. I shook my head. And I couldn't believe this. I mean I said I was jealous of April for having him. But if they breakup Chris will be unhappy. And I don't wanna see him like that. I can't allow that. So I'm praying they don't breakup. I know I'm contradicting myself here. But I care more about his heart than mine right now. And I watched April just shout and yell at him. She kept pushing him and I swore she kept hitting his face nonstop. I hate seeing them screaming at each other. And as I shut the window then it was silent.

     This is fucking toxic. He shouldn't be with her if she's like this towards him. And her jealousy is beyond it. But he acted like this wasn't the first time she flipped like this. It started out because she knew nothing about his dad. I mean isn't that up to him to decide to tell her or not? It's painful for him to talk about his father altogether. Those are closed wounds that shouldn't be open. Not now at least. And I wonder if Christopher grieves all the time. And it is making me feel worried of his emotions and his mental health. But Christopher seems a lot stronger than anything.

Colleen was definitely concerned because of the yelling coming from April and Christopher. Dad shut the window from the dining room and he knew it was best to keep them shut and to stay out of it. Usually dad would interfere but not this time.

"It's best we don't interfere, Coll." Dad told her and I saw Colleen standing by the window in fear and worried that something might go down.

I decided to grab my comb from my room to comb the ends of my hair and to fix Marshmallow's Christmas bow we had as a collar around him along with his reindeer antlers. I made them special for him to wear today. That's what I got him for Christmas. And he was cute as anything.

As I was in my room with Marshmallow still hearing the Christmas music flowing. And then my door barged open and Marshmallow barked and then growled at April who was at my doorway. He never liked April. Whenever he sees her he sprangs at her and just growls of hate.

"Boy, sit." I told him, and he obeyed on my bed just backing down. He knew my commands perfectly. "What do you want, April?"

She looked so ready to beat the hell out of me. But her hand came up to my throat and began choking me.

"You little slut. I see the way you look at my boyfriend. I want you to stay away from him. I don't care if your his stepsister or if you live in the same house. Do you think I don't see right through you?" Her grip stayed at my throat and I had a hard time breathing. I thought I might choke to death.

"Please your really hurting me...." I said under my breath, having a hard time speaking clear due to her choking me.

"I know you're in love with him." She held onto my throat tightly, I couldn't even breathe she was holding onto my throat so hard. "BUT HE IS MINE!"

I was just allowing her to choke me because I had no worth. I couldn't fight her. I couldn't resist it. I tried relaxing but it made it worse. I felt tears coming from my eyes and suddenly Christopher ran at my doorway.

"APRIL!" Christopher shouted around her. "Let her go." He came to her grabbing her off of me but she wouldn't budge.

But then she finally let go and I gasped for air, falling to the floor. By then I was now begging him to breakup with her. After that how could he still date her? He came to me to see if I was alright. I was trying everything in my power to catch my breath. But it felt so far away to catch. He grabbed my hand and rubbed my back. And he forced me to look at him and he told me to just breathe. He told me to breathe slow and take my time. I did this and the more I did it the easier it got until I coughed it up and my breathing went back to normal.

"Christopher you have to pick now. Is it me or her?" She crossed her arms.

"April, nothing is going on with Emma and me. We're just stepfamily. Our parents are married and we're close. That's it. I'm done and tired of arguing. And having the same old conversation with you. I've tried my best to prove to you. But you don't listen. You call me a liar. And so there's no other option, April." He said to her and I feared what was to come.

"What Christopher? What is that option?" April spat at him.

"To breakup. And yes, I will chose Emma this time over you. Because she's my sister. You disrespect her and me. And I'm not gonna act like your controlling and overbearing needy jealousy behavior doesn't piss me off. I'm done, April. It's just you drive me crazy! And I'm not sure what you want from me." He said.

"You is all I want, Chris." She cried. "Just you." She tried reaching for him but he backed away from her.

"You lost that, Ape. And don't you dare apologize to me because I won't accept it. We're over April. Okay? I want you to leave. And don't call me or talk to me. Not until I'm ready." He demanded, leaving her in shock.

April had the look of disappointment on her face. She looked shocked like she couldn't believe this has happened to her. She quickly just took her hand and slapped him across the face. I gasped, not in the slightest happy what I witnessed or that he just broke up with her.

"Fuck you, Christopher Greyson. And since you broke up with me... I got a gift for Emma." She said.

April eyed my snow globe and just quick like that she took it and she smashed it onto the floor that Christopher or me were unable to catch before it landed. Smashing into a million pieces. I gasped, crying to see it die in front of me.

"Enjoy your Christmas, Emma." She giggled.

I got up. "GET OUT!"

"With pleasure." She responded and when she left, dad and Colleen came to see the fuss.

I sat on my floor crying. I cried like the world was ending. And I just couldn't even think of what was happening. Dad wanted to hug me but I refused it and I just remained to myself. Christopher and dad both picked up the broken glass. And I just thought how someone so vile could do that. And I was crying inside but I remained silent.

~

Christopher and I told our parents the reason why Christopher and April broke up was because she accused Christopher of me getting in between their relationship. Colleen felt so sorry for Christopher. After we had the big dinner by six thirty we all sat in the sitting room, watching Christmas films. It's a Wonderful Life was playing.

Marshmallow was beside me and I was petting him. And I sipped my hot cocoa as I felt nothing but sadness of what happened to my snow globe. Christopher was next to me and he held my hand for a second.

"Your going to be alright, Tulip." He whispered in my ear so soft I almost melted.

I nodded and believed that I would. And with the popcorn with us and the TV on, Colleen and dad both drinking their wine they sat on the other sofa. But the sofa Christopher and I were on were the same one that we had sex on. And I missed my snow globe that I know I won't take to Paris. And then I rested my head on Christopher's shoulder, only wishing that he could save me from my demons. And I think he knew.

And secretly he was holding my hand, letting me know everything is going to be okay.

~

A/N:
Hey guys it's E M I L Y! 🌹

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!
I certainly enjoyed writing this chapter for you guys! And I cannot
wait to write more!

• Comment
• Predict
• Vote

BTW, in case you stumble across the characters photos in the beginning of the story before you read....I picked actor, Matt Bomer as Emma's father. Just to let you know I that he is gay in real life. And I picked Colton Haynes as Luke who is Aldo gay. But hey listen, I picked them because it's how I imagined what those characters will look like. Or should look like in my head. And I picked Austin North as Christopher... and again it's how I pictured Christopher to look like that. And I picked Julia Roberts as Emma's mother and Katheryn Winnick as Colleen. And Loren Gray as April Fields. And Bridget Satterlee as Emma. It's just how I pictured them. And their my DREAM CAST. 💕

#staybeautiful
#loveyourself

🌹💕🧡🧡🧡 🙊

🖤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

694K 15.4K 28
"You see I would happily screw, but not get off. I want to listen to you moan my name, scream it. I want to feel your kitten tighten around me. I wan...
2.5K 161 18
I tried to ignore them as he whispered seriously, "Eyes on me baby." FUCK IT!!! THOSEEEEE BUTTEERRFFLLIIEESS!!!! 'I know he is flirting, he gotta be...
231 17 18
This is a story of love and hate Sometimes the hate can come from your own family as well as outsiders. Let me start by introducing myself,I'm X that...
2M 80.5K 46
"A mate will love you and only you. No other can compare to you and he or she will treasure you above all and everything in the world," mommy says to...