straytwice series 1 » y.ji...

By AIKAHIRAISSI

❝in which jeongin fell in love to his bestfriend's sister.❞ [ english | narrative | epistolary ] ©AIKAHIRAISSI More

author's note
000 | prologue
001
002
003
004
005
006
007
008
009
010
011
012
013
014
015
016
017
018
019
020
021
022
024
025
026
027
028
029
030
031
032
033
034
035
036
037
038
039 | epilogue
poll
promotion

023

392 17 1
By AIKAHIRAISSI

Jeongin put on his earphones as he waited for his mother outside the clinic room. His mother's there for a check up. She's been having a fever since yesterday and they're both worried.

Jeongin glanced on his wristwatch. His mother told him that the check up might take a while so maybe it would be fine for him to take a walk.

He got up and walked around. Until his feet brought him to a balcony.

He leaned on the glass and stared at the sky outside, inhaling the air. It was nice. Makes him think about things—about Nayeon. How is she doing right now? Is she alright?

He sighed. Maybe he should stop now.

A lady stood next to her. He turned her head to look at the lady but he quickly regretted it. If this wasn't destiny, then what is this? Wherever he goes, he always see her.

His heart raced just by staring at her. She doesn't seem to notice, looks like she too, is thinking about something deeply.

Should he greet her or should he just continue watching her?

"Noona," or maybe he could do both.

Nayeon looked at him, surprised. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm with my mother, I'm waiting for her." he smiled. "How 'bout you?"

It took Nayeon a while to answer. She took a deep breath first. "I'll be visiting my father later."

He nodded. "Why not now?"

She shrugged. "There's still someone inside his room."

And when he looked at her eyes again, that's when he noticed she'd been tearing up. She's not okay.

He tried to walk slowly towards her. "Why are you crying?" he asked softly.

She looked at him, surprised again. And then she chuckled. "I'm not." she wiped her eyes, thinking it would also wipe off her tears but it didn't. Her tears just flowed more. "Allergies, I guess." her voice broke this time.

Jeongin sighed and he went closer to her. His body faced her, he held her face and helped her wipe off those tears on her eyes. "I didn't know you have allergies."

Nayeon lifted her head and looked at him for a while. Afraid of what she just felt, she gently stepped back, keeping their distance. "I... I also just knew about it." she looked away.

He grinned and shook his head. "Why are you not going to your dad's room yet?"

"I told you, there's still someone inside —"

"No lies, please." he cut her off. "You do know that you can always tell me everything, right? I mean, we're family." he said, whispering the last sentence.

She looked down. "I'm afraid. I still haven't visited him since he was admitted. I'm nervous."

"You can do this, noona." he leaned forward. "He'll be very glad to see you visit him."

She looked at him. "How do you know about that?"

He smiled. "Every father will be happy to see their own child."

Nayeon was about to say something but Jeongin held her arms and turned her around. "Hurry and go, noona."

Nayeon glanced at him. "You really grew a lot."

Jeongin just smiled even though she can't see it.

Nayeon started to walk.

He's still smiling as he watch her leave. I hope she'll be fine. I know she'll be fine.

But she stopped, at the middle of the hallway. She turned around and looked at him, her hands clasped together. "Can you... Can you come with me?"

His heart's beating fast again. He was taken aback. He stood still waiting for her to continue.

"I mean..." she cleared her throat. "I really don't think I can do this alone." she looked at him and felt embarrassed when he remained silent. She chuckled. "Actually, never mind. Your mom must be waiting for you right now." she forced a smile before she turned to leave.

But before she could take another step, she felt someone walked beside her. She lifted her head and saw Jeongin.

"Let's go?" he asked.

She nodded, and smiled.

"You're trembling." he noticed while looking at her hands.

She raised her hand and chuckled. "Yeah. I'm really nervous."

Jeongin took it and held it. "You're also cold."

She's feeling it again. That 'butterflies-in-stomach' feeling and her heart's beating faster. She's been feeling it everytime he's near but she just want to deny it. Because it feels so wrong, and right at the same time. Right at this moment, she doesn't know if she's feeling nervous because of her father or because of him.

Jeongin's smile faded when he caught her staring at him. He let go of her hand immediately and looked away. "I'm sorry. I just—"

Nayeon held his hand this time. "Will you hold my hand until we reach there. It's really calming." she said in soft voice. "I mean, you said we're family. Family supposed to support and take care of each other." she said, almost sounded like a whine.

Jeongin laughed. "Alright," he held her hand tightly. "Let's go." he smiled.

She smiled back as she walked with him. This just feels right.

———————————————

"Good morning, sir." Jeongin greeted as he walked towards him.

The old man weakly lifted his head to look at him, and he smiled. "Yang Jeongin...?"

He smiled back and nodded.

The old man chuckled. "Seungmin's friend, right? You really grew a lot. How old are you?"

"19, sir."

"Ahhh... you were just too small when I last saw you. And you're always around Nayeon." he laughed softly. "Do you still hang out with her?"

He nodded. "Yeah, sometimes... When I'm at their house."

"You should do that more often. I know how much stress she's been having whenever she's with her brothers. But when you're around, all I see on her face is peace... and smiles." he smiled at the last word too.

Jeongin wonders how did her dad know about that. Her dad's not always there, though he still visits, but not often.

"Tell me," Mr. Im leaned towards him. "Do you want my daughter to be your girlfriend? Or are you already together—"

"What the hell are you saying?"

The two both looked on their front and saw Nayeon who just came out behind the curtain, fuming mad with her arms crossed.

She looked away. "How can you still say nonsense things with that condition?"

"Nayeon..." Mr. Im called her. "You came."

"Hmm. I need to." she said still not facing him, preventing herself from crying. She can't face him. "Mom's forcing me to go here, so."

Jeongin looked at him and shook his head. He mouthed, "She's lying."

The old man smiled and mouthed back. "I know." he looked at her daughter. "Tell your Mom thank you.. for forcing you."

"Will do." she nodded. "And she also wants me to apologize to you."

Jeongin looked at his reaction. And when he saw him silently crying, he stood up. "I'll just check on my mom." he looked at Nayeon. "I'll wait for you outside."

He left the room and sat on a bench there as he leaned his head on the wall. He smiled. I hope everything goes right with her this time.

Then he frowned when he remembered what her dad told him.

"Do you want my daughter to be your girlfriend?"

He chuckled and shook his head. Is he really that obvious? That even her father noticed that? The one who's not even always around.

"But when you're around, all I see on her face is peace... and smiles."

Is that so? He smiled inwardly. Maybe those were the times he still doesn't have feelings for her. No malice. But does he still make her smile?

He lifted his hand and stretched it out, the hand that hold hers. He can still feel it.

He waited for a while untild the door opened.

He sat properly and saw Nayeon came out with tears on her eyes and runny nose.

He stood and approached her. "Are you okay?"

But instead of answering, she threw herself into him and cried on his chest. Just like what he did before, he put his hands on her back, tapping it lightly.

"What happened? Did you two fight?" he asked worriedly.

Nayeon quickly shook her head and pulled away. "No. Just..." she inhaled. "Thank you." she looked at him. "You're always there for me.. and sorry, I wet your shirt."

He smiled. "It's fine. Though, it's my favorite shirt."

She laughed. "I thought all of your shirt is your favorite."

"There's always be the best of the best."

They both laughed.

She looked at him sincerely. "Seriously, thank you. I feel like I couldn't do it without you."

"Don't say that." he smiled. "So, how was it?"

"Well, if his doctor allowed him, we're going out tomorrow."

Jeongin couldn't help but to smile when he saw her smile. He's happy that she's happy. "Sounds nice. Don't let him know that you're a fast eater."

"Will do." she laughed. "Uhm, he told me that he wants to talk to you."

His eyes went wide. "Me? Why?"

She shrugged. "I don't know."

He just nodded and walked past her. He was about to open the door when she spoke.

"If he tell you something stupid. Just ignore him, okay?"

He smiled and nodded. "Okay." He said before he finally went inside.

He walked towards him who's smiling while looking at the mirror.

"You wanted to talk to me, sir?"

"Did you close the door?"

He looked at the door. "Yeah."

"Good. 'Cause she didn't." he said before he finally faced Jeongin. "You look cute together."

Jeongin just chuckled and scratched his nape. "I don't think her boyfriend would agree with that."

"I know, I know. But do you also have a girlfriend?"

Chaeryeong? The plan. "Yes."

"Ohh. I really thought you like my daughter."

He frowned as he went near him. "What makes you think that, sir?"

"It's the way you look at her. You cared for her, you adore her, and I think you just want to make her happy."

Jeongin nodded. "That's half true. But she's my noona."

He chuckled. "Oh, right. She's 24 years old. What's that? 5 year age gap?"

"6."

"Ah, right. At least it's not 10."

They both laughed.

Jeongin sat down on a chair beside Mr. Im. "Why does it sounds like you want me for your daughter?" he bravely asked him.

"I don't know. I just feel like you're a right guy for her." he glanced at him. "Just a little younger."

He chuckled. "What about her boyfriend?"

"I haven't meet him."

"That's weird."

"What's more weird is this is the first time Nayeon visited me and reconciled with me.. And," he looked at him with deep eyes. "you're there instead of her boyfriend. And that's what makes it special."

Jeongin looked away after a while. "Maybe he's busy. And Nayeon noona's really scared so I came with her."

"I know. She told me eveverything." he tapped his shoulder. "Thanks for being there with my daughter."

He smiled. "She also took care of me. We're family."

The old man chuckled. Seconds passed before he continue, "It's just a number, you know. Love is love."

"It's not just that. I don't how will Seungmin feel if he found out that I like her sister. Will he stay away? Get mad? He's my bestfriend."

"He's your bestfriend. He will understand it. Or probably he already knows that you like her sister."

He laughed. "Hope not."

"So, you do like her."

"You better keep that a secret, sir."

"You can trust me with that." he looked at the wall clock. "Nayeon told me you're waiting for your mother. Get out now."

He laughed. "Okay." he stood up. "Get well soon, sir." he said before he walked away. But before he could leave the room, Mr. Im spoke.

"Oh, wait. I forgot to tell you something important. Come here," he lifted his hand, motioning Jeongin to come closer. And the younger did. "She talked to me about you earlier. About how you were so nice to her, and takes care of her even though she's the one who needs to take care of you. And you know what, she's smiling when she said that. What's funny is she didn't even notice it." he chuckled.

Jeongin tried to keep his smile by biting his lower lip. "I'll go now, sir." he waved his hand before he finally walked to leave the room.

What if she's falling for me?

That was the only thing that runs inside his head as he walked out to look for her. He smiled with the thought while he keep looking for her. But when he found her, his smile faded and his shoulders dropped.

She's there with her boyfriend, kissing.

Unconsciously, he let out a sarcastic laugh. Stop deluding yourself, Yang Jeongin. She will never like you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

703 70 7
[FINISHED] Living in a tourist place, Jeongguk was used to seeing people coming ang going from the houses around his every summer. Until he came alon...
600K 28.3K 47
─Minsung [mpreg] In which Jisung lost his virginity at 13 to a 15 year old. As a result he's left with a baby. Fast forward 8 years, they meet again...
1.3K 24 24
Jeongin fan fiction _________________________ When a person turns 18, the mood of their soulmate during the day are revealed through dreams. And eve...
7.9K 466 37
She was trapped forever... but for some reason, so was he. A Yang Jeongin x OC fic