Love Is Blind

By ForeverLove021

As Skye Davis recovers from an abusive relationship, she learns to move forward with her life, changing her a... More

Love Is Blind
Love Is Blind [1]
Love Is Blind [2]
Love Is Blind [4]
Love Is Blind [5]

Love Is Blind [3]

734 12 2
By ForeverLove021

Gran pulled up a dark blue, puffy chair and settled into it. I sat back and took a small sip of the water the nurse brung in for me.

"What's going on with you, Skye? Why didn't you tell anyone? Why did you let this happen?" she asked. Her face was pained with, not disappointment, but sadness. I bit my lip to keep the tears from spilling. My Gran had always taught me to be strong, to never let anything get me down. Or anyone. And I'd let her, and myself down.

"I don't know Gran. I thought he loved me. I thought that if I'd stopped making him angry, that he'd be nicer. But anything I did would set him off...and then, I told Quinn and Jared, and they wanted me to tell someone." I waited to see if Gran had anything to say before I continued.

"When we found out that I was pregnant, he flipped everything on me and said it was all my fault. He kept calling me a slut and a whore and said it wasn't his, so I had to get rid of it, or he'd do it for me. And I'm so scared of him, Gran. I didn't want him to hurt it...or me. And I didn't want to bring a child into the world with so much hate..to despise it because it was apart of him too..." a hand touched my shoulder and I looked up to see Gran smiling at me gently.

"My dear child, I know that you had good intentions, and that you thought you loved him. But if you loved him, and yourself, you wouldn't have let him do this to you. Now, you're a Davis and we're strong. A boulder in a pile of pebbles. Now, get some rest, and we'll get you out of here in the morning, alright?"

I nodded and laid back. She kissed my forehead and had the nurse deliver some food to the room. She always thought that food could always make anyone feel better. But not in this case. I pushed it around the plate, while the finale of 16 & Pregnant was on. She tried to turn it, but i told her to keep it on. I wasn't all that bummed out about the abortion anymore. I felt terrible, don't get me wrong, but just like Gran said. I have to move on. We stayed like that for hours, just sitting in comfortable silence, and I eventually fell asleep.

I woke up to a room full of people again. Everyone had come back, except for my Aunt and cousins.

"Hi, sweetheart. We're here to take you home. So Quinn agreed to help get you dressed if you need help," my dad said. He smiled at me warmly, and I made a mental note to get him something good for Christmas. My Mom was there, but she still wasn't speaking to me, and was sitting in a corner, texting. Probably her assistant. I was ready 20 minutes later and I decided to ride with Quinn, Jared, and Hadley. At first we were quiet, but then Quinn and Hadley started a small conversation about our homecoming in a few weeks.

"So...I was thinking that you could run for queen," Hadley said. I perked up at that. Quinn was one of the sweetest girl I've ever known, and she's been through a lot.

"I think that's a good idea Hadley! Quinn would look gorgeuos in green, with a cute curly hair style, and-"

"No, I was talking about you Skye," Hadley smiled. I stared at her, like she'd lost her damn mind.

"Why would I do that?"

"Because, you qualify. You're so pretty, and athletic, and smart, and a lot of people like you. And we think it would help lift your spirits," Quinn stated. I looked to Jared for help and he just smiled at me.

"There's nothing wrong about what she said."

I blushed, because he'd just admitted that I was pretty, but because I didn't think of myself as those things. I knew they were probably going to sign me up, whether i wanted to or not. So i decided to not fight it and just go along with it.

"Fine, but I get to choose my date and dress," I mumbled. Quinn and Hadley just clapped and squealed and we all screamed at Quinn to keep her damn hands on the wheel. 

I walked into my closet and got  out an outfit for school. I wore a yellow t-shirt and some blue jeans, with brown Ugg boots. I left my hair out, and clasped my silver heart that Gran gave me for my fourteenth birthday around my neck. I was running late so I grabbed my book bag and purse and ran out the door. Literally. I hopped into the car, Hadley already in the passenger seat, applying her make up.

"I don't see why you wear that stuff. It just hides natural beauty," I teased.

She stuck her tongue out at me. "Actually, it's designed to emphasize the facial features."

"They lied to you," I laughed and sped off to school. I pulled into the parking lot ten minutes later, turned off the car, and just sat there. My heart rate was too fast to be normal and was pounding in my chest. I felt hot and flushed. I hadn't tought this through. But I was determined to keep things normal

"It's okay if you don't want to go in Skye. Mom and Dad already said-"

"And I said, I'm not going to miss more school," I cut her off. I was surprised by how stern my voice sounded. Hadley just gave me a nod and reassuring smile. I was welcomed back to school by everyone who was worried about my whereabouts, but i didn't like all the attention.  It made me feel exposed and raw. Like everyone knew why i was gone.

I cowered in my shell, throwing up a wall between me and everyone else. I knew they were all talking about me behind my back. I was grateful to get to my first class, Calculus, because I sit in the back by Jarred, and it took my mind off of things. We kept quiet, and i could tell he was sending me side glances.

The rest of the day was a blur. the 'I'm sorry's" and "I'm glad you're back's" lessened and I was extremely happy. I walked into my last class, health, and sat in my seat, which happened to be in the middle of the room.

Mrs. Kar started class and I zoned her out, doodling on a sheet of paper.

"Ok, class, today's topic is about abortion," she announced. I froze in my seat, and the pencil slipped from my numb fingers. Quinn, who I hadn't notcied sat beside me, grabbed my hand and halled me out of my seat, mumbling something to Mrs. Kar as we left the class. I bent over as we burst into the hallway and emptied my stomachs contents on the floor. I didn't know where it had come from. Maybe a late reaction to yesterday.

"Oh shit, I gotta get you home," Quinn muttered. I nodded and slumped against the lockers, while Quinn went to get a janitor to clean up the mess I'd made, and get some wet paper towels. She came back slightly out of breath and pressed one to my forehead and the other to the back of my neck. I broke down and cried as Quinn threw my arm over her shoulder and guided me to the front of the school. We were almost there, when I trip over my own feet and Quinn and I went tumbling down.

"Skye, got dammit! Are you ok? I swear you could trip over a feather," she mumbled. I just laid there and kept crying and Quinn just sat there.

"Why did I do it Quinn? Why did I let him convince me to do it. I'm so fucking stupid!" I wailed.

"Shh! We don't need any teachers, or worse the principal to see you. The last thing you need is a an adult prying into your personal life and getting the authorities involved and rumors spreading around the school."

"Then I suggest you get up and get the hell out of dodge, because Principal Heckler is about to round the corner."

Quinn and I jumped at the sudden appearance of the guy standing in front of us. He had dark brown hair and gorgeous brown eyes. He was tall and well built, and wore all black. His face was amused and a small smile was painted on his face.

I'd never seen him before and from the look on Quinn's face, neither had she.

"Unless...you had planned on coming up with a quick lie that won't land you guys a detention," he said, filling the awkward silence as we gawked at him. Quinn and I quickly got up and I attempted to fix my face, but failed at the attempt.

"I'm n-"

"What are you three doing in the halls? Do you have passes?" Mr. Heckler yelled as he came towards us. I tried to swallow as I felt nauseous again.

"I was just taking Skye home sir. She isn't feeling well today, and she tripped and fell. He," Quinn said quickly, nodding to the guy beside us,"was walking by and saw her on the floor, and was just making sure she was ok."

We got off with a warning to clear out and we did, except I was feeling extremely sick and weak, and poor Quinn couldn't carry me all the way to her car.

So, she asked, the guy.

"Hey! Dude, what's-"

"Tristan, and you are?" he interrupted. I could see Quinn's face as she looked surprised that he knew what she'd been about to ask.

"Quinn. My friend just got out the hospital from a traumatizing experience, so she isn't feeling too well. Do you mind helping me get her to my car?"

He looked caught off guard, but agreed nonetheless. He stepped forward and threw my other arm over his shoulder. I tried to keep my composure, but my thoughts were all hazy and my eyes were still blurred from the tears.

"I think you should lean most of your weight my way. Your friend there looks like she's struggling."

I heard Quinn grunt and I knew she didn't like being looked at as weak, but I knew her delicate frame coudn't handle my weight. I did as he said, unitl he stopped all together and  scooped me into his arms.

"HOLY SHIT!" I wasn't expecting to have my feet knocked from under me and to end up in some strange guys arms. I felt and looked like shit, and I honestly didn't feel like being in any guys arms.

"It'll be quicker this way," he announced. We got to Quinn's car in record time and he sat me in the passenger seat.

"You two be careful. And I hope you feel better...." he dragged out the er, and I realized I'd been so out of it, that i hadn't given him my name.

"Skye."

He smiled. I smiled back and settled into the seat as he shut the door. Quinn drove with the windows down, and it felt really good against my skin. We turned on my street and I sat up.

"I don't wanna go home."

She looked at me, her expression guarded. My friends learned to be cautious around me. I can be extremely random. Like now.

"I wanna go to the boardwalk." Quinn just laughed and flipped a u-ey. I texted Jarred and told him to come meet us.

"Are you ok Skye?" I nodded and watched the scenery pass.

"I'm just worried about you, with so much going on..." she trailed off. I sighed and gave her a smile.

"I think we should go dress shopping this weekend for homecoming. I still need a date though," I changed the subject. The abortion was a topic I wanted to avoid at all costs. It isn't exactly something someone would want to relive.

"Ok, I can do that. Maybe Jarred shoud go with us. We'll need a guys opinion."

We talked about what the dance would be like until we pulled into the beach parking lot. We got cotton candy and some drinks and sat on a bench, watching people walk pass.

"Thank you Quinn." She smiled at me.

"For what?"

"Because. You always seem to be there when I need you most. I'd be lost without you."

"What are best friends for?" she teased. I smiled back t her and I could hear people screaming on the rides, and the smell of corndogs and cotton candy.

"What do you want to do first?" I asked Quinn, she smiled and hopped up. I rolled my eyes as I realized where she was going. She ran to the ticketbooth, got a load of tickets and dragged me to the games. Quinn was a nut when it came to games, always trying to get the biggets prize. We were there for an hour when Jarred finally met up with us, but he wasn't alone.

"This is Tristan," he said. I smiled and waved.

"Yeah, we've met," I said and Jarred just shrugged and went to go compete with Quinn.

"So, um, how're you?" I asked awkwardly. Tristan chuckled and shook his head.

"How am I? That's the first thing that came to your mind?" he smiled. I stared at him like a dummy. His teeth we perfectly straight and white. It was the sexiest smile I'd ever seen. I noticed how his dark hair fell into his eyes, which were shining with amusement. He had this bad boy image, that I found extremely sexy, but I don't really need to be near any guys. let alone a bad ass one.

 "Well, uh..yeah. Sorry," I murmured. I tucked my hair behind my ear and ducked my head and stared at the ground. I could feel my cheeks heating up.

"Why are you apologizing?" he frowned. If my face wasn't red already, it was now.

"I don't know, sorry," I mumbled. I heard him sigh.

 "Listen, about what I heard in the hallway earlier, I won't tell anyone," he said. I looked up at him and frowned.

"Why would you do that for me? You don't even know me," I didn't mean to come off as a bitch, but he took me by surprise. I winced and gave him an apologetic look.

He shrugged and began to walk. I followed him, not paying attention to where we were going.

"Because you seem like you've had it rough, and I know how that feels. Coming from violent pasts and backgrounds..." he trailed off. Or it least it sounded that way. Everything faded away as I saw him. Standing directly across from me, was Luke. And he was with another girl, kissing her on her neck and smiling at her. She was smiling back, with her hands behind his neck.

I felt my heart stop, and my breathing slow, but i didn't care. Even though he hurt me, I still loved him. And it hurt like hell to see hime with someone else.

And that's when the anger hit. This asshole tried to kill me less than a week ago and he's already in some other girls face? How was he not in jail? I felt myself feeling lower and lower about myself. Maybe I really wasn't worth his time. I turned and the tears fell in torrents.

"Skye?" I looked at Tristan and he was looking at Luke and the girl.

"Listen, let's get you back to Quinn and Jarred." I nodded and sucked up the tears.  I wiped my face and dried my face. 

"Ok, I'm going to wrap my arm around you, and we're going to act like a couple, ok?" he said. I stared at him incredulously, but nodded. He did as he said and we walked towards Luke and the girl.

"So, I say we go back to your place and chill," he said loud enough for Luke to hear as we walked pass, but not before he saw my face. I saw anger flash across his features, and I smiled, satisfaction coming over me.

"I think that's a great idea," I purred seductively. I grabbed the hand that was hanging over my shoulder, and Tristan leaned down and kissed me. I was hesitant at first, but Tristan applied pressure to my hand, and I got into it. It was deep and passionate. His lips moved in sync with mine and it felt really good. Luke had never kissed me this way. It was always hard and rough. Normally during sex, which I never seemed to enjoy. I felt his tongue skim my bottom lip, and I opened my mouth automatically. His tongue invaded my mouth, and I sucked on it gently, savoring the sweetness of it. I bit his bottom lip gently and I heard him groan, I felt my inner core heat up from the sound.

Someone grabbed my arm and yanked me backwards so hard, I felt my shoulder pop out of it's socket. I screamed and fell to the ground in agony.

"What the fuck do you think your doing? Do I need to blacken that eye again? You're MINE! DON'T YOU EVER PULL THIS SHIT AGAIN!" Luke yelled in my face, spraying me with spit. He was squeezing the arm that was out of place, and it throbbed at the joint.

"Let her go," Tristan said. He said it so calm, but his voice was deadly and it sent shivers up my spine. My hair was flying everywhere and I tried to hide my face from the crowd that was around us.

"Who the fuck are you? And what're you gonna do if I don't?" Luke taunted. Tristan just stood there, giving him a look so hard, you'd think bricks would fall out of Luke's ass.

"That's what I thought. Now run along little boy and go play with yourself," Luke taunted when Tristan didn't answer him.

Tristan nodded, but he didn't move. Yet. But when he did, it was towards Luke, and before I could blink, Tristan's fist was flying across Luke's face. I heard something crack, and then Tristan's left fist was aiming at Luke's eye. He made contact with a sickening crunch, and Luke fell backwards on his back.

Tristan shook his hand as if he'd hurt it, but turned his attention to me.

"Are you ok?" Tristan bent down to me and scooped me up bridal style. I groaned as my arm stung where Luke's grip was.

"I think my shoulder is dislocated."

"Let's get you to the hospital," he answered. We found Quinn and Jarred and told them what happened. Quinn decided that we should take her car, while Jarred snatched the keys from her and insisted on driving.

"Thank you," I whispered to Tristan. He gave me a small smile, that seemed to stop my heart.

"Your welcome."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 129 31
Growing up in a strict religious household, Aaliyah Jackson knew she would have a rude awakening on her 18th birthday. Knowing so, she got job, two...
1K 254 56
Love, Happy Endings, Soulmates, these are the things we want and need in life, we want to get them, but it's easier said than done. Certain factors n...
7.8K 184 20
Sunny, a girl who lost her mother two years ago. Her father constantly rapes, beats, and abuses her. Over and over again. She goes through her daily...
115 4 18
A miracle happened, Tristan cares At least about one person. Bart is in his life, and he wants to keep him there, but how does the monster who's only...