Promise- Minsung

By Skz_forever15

A long time ago, the Western Lee Kingdom was promised a bride for the then infant, Prince Lee Minho. The King... More

What's up?
Prologue I
Prologue II
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Chapter Fifty Two
Chapter Fifty Three
Chapter Fifty Four
Chapter Fifty Five
Chapter Fifty Six
Chapter Fifty Seven
Chapter Fifty Eight
Chapter Fifty Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty One
Chapter Sixty Two
Chapter Sixty Three
Chapter Sixty Four
Chapter Sixty Five
Chapter Sixty Six
Chapter Sixty Seven
Chapter Sixty Eight
Chapter Sixty Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy One (Ending)
Epilogue I
Epilogue II
Sequel Notice!

Chapter Nineteen

3K 174 50
By Skz_forever15

Frost covered the ground in a thin layer of ice. An icy breeze cut through the air. Most of the men had woken up early in order to keep warm and move around. But that was not a problem for Prince Jisung and Prince Minho. As it turned out, they found their shared body heart warm and comfortable.

They had curled into a tight ball together over the span of the night.

Prince Jisung was in the center, squashed by larger Minho, who hugged him from the back.

"Shhh!"

"Shut up! You're going to wake them up!"

"Am not! You're the one being loud!"

"SHHHH!"

"STOP SHUSHING ME!"

Jisung blinked and groaned, suddenly regretting waking up, and wanting to kill whoever was being so damn loud. He tried to push himself up, but failed miserably. What was so damn heavy? He wasn't awake enough to open his eyes and see.

"Look what you did, Hyunjin! You woke them up!"

"Minho's not awake yet, so I didn't wake them up. I just woke up Prince Jisung..."

"And I bet you'll wake Minho up too!"

"What are you doing?" Jisung winced as he tried to pull his eyelids apart, but was met with blazing sunlight.

"Go, go! Run!"

Chan, Seungmin, Changbin, and Hyunjin ran out from behind a nearby bush screeching, running back towards the rest of the camp. Jisung was left confused, and suddenly aware of the body on top of him.

"What?" groggily he looked up.

And found the handsome sleeping face of Crown Prince Lee Minho right behind him.

It took him a moment to register this.

"AHHHHH!" he screeched, kicking Minho off him, waking the older up.

Cackling laughs came from the young lords that had been watching them.

"Ouch!" Minho cried, holding his waist as he fell on to his back groaning.

"Why were you hugging me?" Jisung yelped, his face bright red.

"I don't know! I was asleep!" he grinned at the blushing prince. "What? Did you like it?"

"Shut up!" Jisung threw his shoe at him, and ran off to find Changbin.

Changbin was polishing his sword once again, and glanced up with a tight smile as Jisung approached. "Have a good night?" he smirked.

"No! I want to have my own bed! I don't want to be sleeping with some strange Lee Prince! Nobody wants that-!"

He froze, glancing at Changbin's tight face and gulped. Because that was probably the only thing Changbin wanted right now. Jisung sighed and sat down next to him. "I'm sorry... I can't imagine..."

Changbin's smile didn't match his eyes. "It's fine. I'll get over it."

He wouldn't.

Jisung sighed, standing. "I'll be right back."

Changbin nodded softly, his eyes glazed over, staring into the distance.

Jisung took a deep breath before stalking back to Minho, who was now dressed and splashing water in his face. He glanced up as Jisung approached and smiled at him. "Good morning, Prince!"

"Oh, quite it!" Jisung slumped down against the tree that stood nearby. He crossed his arms and stuck his bottom lip out. "I just came to ask you something!

"Alright," Minho wiped his hands on the silk cloth that he held in his hand before sitting down on a nearby trunk. "What did you want to ask?"

"Has Prince Yongbok sent you any letters yet?"

Minho narrowed his eyes. "No, not yet. I'm sure he's very busy at the moment."

"Not at all? You are kin, should you not keep in touch?"

"As I said, Prince, I'm sure he's very busy. His father has passed away, and he must take control of his assets before his younger brother does!"

"He has a younger brother?"

Minho nodded grimly. "Indeed he does..."

~oOo~

(AN: Sorry for the short interruption. I just wanted to clarify a few facts. Yes, it's true that most of the names used in this story do not fit the time it is set in, and I'm aware of this. Still, since the majority of the character's names are like this, they will continue to be so for the other characters. Also, a new character is about to be introduced into the story line, and he is... not a likable character. I contemplated using a real name and/or idol for most of the characters that have a negative side in this story, but I didn't want to upset anybody or cause any problems. I was going to use Seungri as a "evil" character, but very quickly decided against it, for obvious reasons. So, in conclusion, these disagreeable characters are not made to be anybody outside of this story, and if their names are the same, that is just a coincidence. Now please, enjoy the rest of this chapter!)

Prince Lee Yongbok had not felt so much hate in his life.

It was not his hate, but that of his family around him. They glared at each other like wolves spotting an enemy pack. Groups of family members were split up across the room, murmuring among themselves. It was unfortunate that his mother had been a rich princess who married a rich man. When his mother had died, his father had inherited everything. Now that he died, everyone wanted a piece.

The old men with white beards were not what worried Yongbok. They could yell and shake their fists at him all they liked and would still not get a thing. The one Yongbok worried about... was his own brother.

Lee Yong-jae had never wanted anything more in his entire life, and Yongbok knew this. Which made it harder to defend. It wasn't like he was greedy, and wanted everything to himself. He already was working for the king and made a great deal of money. He also knew that since he was close with his cousin, he would never leave him by himself.

But to give everything to Lee Yong-jae... that was practically suicide.

Lee Yong-jae, as well as Yongbok, had royal blood, meaning they had a claim to the crown should the king die. Yongbok had never wanted this title, never longed for it the way that his brother did. He knew that if Yong-jae got all of their father's resources, he would use it to take over the throne if and when the king died.

Another thing. Lee Yong-jae despised the Han Kingdom. Openly, he shared his hatred to his family, as well as to the public. He shamed the king behind doors, for letting Lee Minho travel there for peace. He spat at the thought of a joined kingdom.

That was why Yongbok would never let Lee Yong-jae get his hands on anything their father had left.

It was a good thing that their father had left a will.

And it was a good thing that their father never liked Yong-jae much.

It was also a good thing that everything had been passed to Yongbok with not 'buts' or 'ands' or 'howevers'.

But still, here he was, trying to sort through the madness that was his family.

Lee Yong-jae was still the main problem however.

He stood with his arms crossed, facing his brother. Most of the old, wealthy men had taken his side. He had probably promised them loads of money if they did so.

Most of the people there had taken Yongbok's side, where the will had clearly stated that everything was his. Still, Yong-jae and his men were persistent, claiming that Yongbok had brainwashed their father, or forced him to pass everything to him. This didn't matter though. Not as soon as the King showed up.

"All bow before His Majesty, King Lee Minhyuk!"

Everyone in the room immediately sank into a low bow, their foreheads touching the floor. The King stalked into the room, followed by old Adviser Bae and Lord Jooheon, along with their servants and eunuchs. King Lee held his head high and surveyed the people around him. His eyes landed on Yongbok and immediately softened.

"Lee Yongbok, come with me outside. Let's take a walk. I haven't seen you in some time."

"Yes, your majesty," Yongbok stood from the ground and followed after his older cousin, his head bowed.

Once they had gotten outside, King Lee put his hand on Yongbok's shoulder. "I'm glad you got back unharmed. Come, let us walk!"

Leaving everyone else inside the hall, the two royal men walked up a long path that led to a nearby lake that all the princes used to swim in when they were younger. Both men knew this path well.

"Is my brother well?" King Lee asked, sweeping his long robes behind him.

Yongbok nodded. "Yes, he is fine. But, I dare say he misses you, Your Majesty."

The king sighed. "I know. Is he healthy?"

"Yes, very healthy. The same as when he left."

"Good, good..." the king slowed. "First, let's settle your manner. I know that my younger cousin does not wish for you to inherit all of your father's things. I will make sure that you do, without further questions."

"Thank you, Your Majesty!" Yongbok bowed, his hands held out in front of him respectfully.

King Lee nodded. "Then, I wish to tell you the truth."

Yongbok glanced up as they began walking once more. "The truth? Have you lied to me, Your Majesty?"

"No, no... not really anyway. I just didn't tell the full truth. Not so much to you... but to Minho."

Yongbok nodded. "And what would that be, Your Majesty?"

"I did send you to the Han Kingdom in order to achieve peace... but there is something that both princes do not know..."

Yongbok stayed silent, waiting.

"By the end of next month, Prince Lee Minho and Han Jisung will be married."

Yongbok nearly fainted. "What?"

The king sighed. "I'm sure this will sound foreign to your ears but I must make sure that peace is kept between our kingdoms. Master Kang of the Han Kingdom has agreed, and Han Jisung's parents as well, before he died. Well, his parents, if they had known that they would die. Anyway, I plan to join our kingdoms together. And to do so," the king gulped. "I have sacrificed Minho's happiness."

Yongbok stared at him in shock. "You mean... for Prince Minho and Prince Jisung to... marry?"

"Yes."

"But Your Majesty! They are both men!"

"I am aware of that!"

"They can not have children!"

"Yes, I am also aware of that!"

"And those are not problems?"

"They are not problems at the moment. We are lucky that we have an older sister. Princess Ji-eun's eldest son will most likely become the next king after I die. That is, he or you."

"Me?"

"Yes."

"No. I'm sorry Your Majesty, but I can't!"

King Lee Minhyuk looked shocked. "Why? Is there something wrong?"

"I- I-"

"What?"

"I just can't!" Yongbok spit out, shaking slightly as his mind whirled. "I... I can not have children..."

"What? Are you sick? Did something happen?" King Lee Minhyuk glanced down to Yongbok's northern region. "Did you-?"

"No! No! Nothing of the sort, Your Majesty!" Yongbok said frantically. "It's just that I-"

"Calm down, Yongbok. Tell me slowly..."

Yongbok closed his mouth and took a long, deep breath, closing his eyes. He just let himself breathe for a few moments before he opened his eyes. "Thank you, for the offer Your Majesty, but I must turn it down, for I can not marry a woman and have kids with her as necessary to follow in line as king after you."

King Lee Minhyuk blinked slowly. "And why is that?"

Prince Lee Yongbok turned and looked the king straight in the eyes, as most people would never dare to do. "Because, Your Majesty, I love a man."

Thank you so much for reading! See you next chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 104K 89
Daksh singh chauhan - the crowned prince and future king of Jodhpur is a multi billionaire and the CEO of Ratore group. He is highly honored and resp...
1.2M 30.4K 46
When young Diovanna is framed for something she didn't do and is sent off to a "boarding school" she feels abandoned and betrayed. But one thing was...
10.7M 247K 60
๐…๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ ๐„๐ง๐ž๐ฆ๐ข๐ž๐ฌ ๐ญ๐จ ๐‹๐จ๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ Enzo Mariano is known for being nothing but ruthless. He is feared by all in the Italian mafia. He kills on...
360K 27.6K 15
MY Creditor Side Story แ€•แ€ซแ‹ Parallel Universe แ€žแ€˜แ€ฑแ€ฌแ€™แ€ปแ€ญแ€ฏแ€ธแ€•แ€ผแ€”แ€บแ€•แ€ผแ€ฎแ€ธ Creation แ€œแ€ฏแ€•แ€บแ€‘แ€ฌแ€ธแ€แ€ฌแ€™แ€ญแ€ฏแ€ท main story แ€”แ€ฒแ€ท แ€™แ€žแ€€แ€บแ€†แ€ญแ€ฏแ€„แ€บแ€•แ€ฒ แ€กแ€›แ€„แ€บ character แ€€แ€ญแ€ฏ แ€›แ€žแ€กแ€žแ€…แ€บ แ€แ€…แ€บแ€™แ€ปแ€ญแ€ฏแ€ธแ€”แ€ฒ...