Shut Up & Listen

By vonize-Arie

a story about falling in and out of love. Bear with me, this is my first book! Book 1: Published 02/2020, Com... More

shut up & listen
the check up (intro):
the trip downtown (one):
the trip downtown (two):
que lio (what a mess):
que lio: the remix (ft. kwabena):
WILD IS THE WIND
TAKE CARE
.FEEL ME.
BLACK
Reality Check
Fear Not
INTERLUDE
Prelude To Initiation
INITIATION
EMOTION-LESS
Keep It Together
Flipped It
UNHOLY WAR
Fight or Flight
ROSE COLORED GLASSES
Ctrl
DAMN.
Collective: Part One
Collective: Part Two
.WHAT DO YOU MEAN.
LET IT ALL OUT THEN
DIDN'T CHA KNOW
MOONLIGHT SONATA
WABI SABI
INTERLUDE : BOOK TWO
Like Old Times?
A Niggas Needs
MisUnderstood
The Living Dead
Always, My Brother
(UN)Familiar
LaLuna
The Witching Hour
Whitney & Bobby... and Robyn
F U M B L E
C L E V A
T a l k T o M e
Out My Mind, Just In Time : part one
Out My Mind, Just In Time : part two
Out My Mind, Just In Time: part three
Out My Mind, Just In Time: part four
Heller?
GodSpeed
do not cross
Safe
chey & sadΓ©: a commentary
feels like...
Untitled Part 54
Luv, Actually
Baby Blues
where's your loyalty?
days in the west
LUV: Listen
LUV: Understand
LUV: Validate
Manifest
[another one]
qtna
A child with the blues
interlude: War, what is it good for?
Backseat
Oh No, I Hope I Don't Fall
Whipped Cream
Old Familiar
HEAVY SIGH : an interlude
When Brothers Father: Part One
When Brothers Father: Part Two
4K
Breaking In
Blood On Me
Where Did The Night Go
the check up, outro (finale)
ayooo 😭
FOR THE PEOPLE WHO FEEL
[re] born : (book 3) ACT ONE
INTERLUDE : BOOK THREE
1.lost ones
2. get back
3. stained glass
interlude: OGs
4. and i wonder if u know...
5. uncle sam, goddam
6. Mrs. Midnight
QUESTION
7. Until Tomorrow
8. don't trip
9. that motherfucker is not real!
10. puff daddy
11. crissed crossed energy
12. Keeper of the flame
13. f**k the world (1)
14. f**k the world (2)
15. evil eye
an interlude πŸ’•
16. Maverik & the times (1)
17. But, am I the drama?
18. Maverik & the times (2)- Holle's interlude
interlude of options
19. You've got to learn
[baby]boy: (book 3) ACT TWO
21. Prelude to Interruption
22. Interruption
23. On the Way to the Show
24. Free Shows
25. No more playing house
ayo, wanna know what's next?

the need to know:

3.7K 173 134
By vonize-Arie

It's now after eleven in the evening and Cole is at dinner with Cobe, Dame and Cecil. More engaged in his phone than the futty dutty stories his big brother is spewing, he receives a text from an old familiar friend. His ex-girlfriend, Jill.

Message from Jill
11:11pm

Jill
Umm did I see your
brother this morning
or am I tripping?

Cole
Nah, he's bck

Jill
You good?

Cole
🙃

"Who you texting?" Cobe asked peeking at Cole's phone. Ignoring him, Cole takes a sip of his drink and puts his attention back on his brother.

"Uh, so I coulda ate at home if that's all we doing here" he says annoyed at the fact that they've been out for an hour and Cecil still hasn't addressed anything.

Sensing his agitation, Cobe touches his knee to Cole's to catch his attention. At first Cole tensed up, nervous. He then he relaxes into it and looks at Cobe.

"You ready to go?" Cobe asked him. Nodding his head towards the door, the two of them get up to head out, leaving the bill for Cecil to pick up.

Driving down the freeway, Cobe instructs Cole to get off at the next exit. Without question he follows his directions.

"It's my new place" Cobe points out the apartment building as they pull up. " I got the keys this morning. I'm moving in tomorrow. Let's go in."
Cobe says with a big as grin on his face.

Willing to do anything to not have to go home to his brothers, he follows his best friend into the building.

"You know we gotta break it in" Cobe excitedly says after giving Cole the tour. Pulling out a blunt he wrapped earlier especially for the occasion, he sparked it and passed it to Cole. Solidifying their spot in the kitchen, they smoked for about an hour, just vibing and talking about random shit.

"Damn." Cole mumbled. "I feel light as a mufuckin feather right now baby" Cole cooed.

"You feel good?" Cobe asked, cheesing big as he danced across the room.

"I feel goooood" Cole sang with a half grin on his face. He felt like he was frozen in the moment watching his friend in his zone. He notices how his feet effortlessly carries him from one spot to another in syncopated rhythm. He chuckles. This nigga has no coordination.

Dancing smoothly to the Londrelle joint playing, Cobe inches closer and closer until he's standing with his face inches from Cole's. He looks him in the eye, this time with a look that asks for his permission. Cole lifts his head up to match his face with Cobe's and once again they're kissing. But it feels different this time.

Relaxing into it, Cole reaches his left hand around Cobe's neck pulling him in closer. Following his lead, Cobe put his hands on the small of Cole's back pulling their bodies together. They lose their balance staggering backwards until they're up against the refrigerator. All of a sudden the moment feels familiar to Cole, but he doesn't know why.

Opening his eyes, he pulls away from the kiss, his hand still resting on the back of Cobe's neck. Still wrapped up in Cobe's arms, they rest. Watching each other breathe, bodies still close, panting, Cole reaches for his vibrating phone in his pocket.

"Hey, I'm kinda busy—"

"Can you come over?"

"Why?"

"I miss you babes.... let's catch up."

Cobe walks away from Cole grabbing his own phone to check the time. 1:11am.

Watching his friend, Cole leans up against the counter.

"I uhh...."

"Aye it's cool if you can't tonight, we can do tomorrow... "

"Nah.... it's cool. I'll text you when I'm on the way"

"Ohhkay"

*phone call ends*

"You gotta go?" Cobe asks, already grabbing his phone and keys from the counter.

"Yeah" he responds awkwardly scratching the back of his head as he walks towards the door. The energy had shifted from warm and relaxed to cold and clammy. They both felt it.

"Jill?" Cobe asked, for confirmation. But, Cole didn't want to make the situation worse, so he didn't answer, but that was an answer too.

" You drove to my place right?" Cole asked.

"Mhm" the other responded with his hands in his pockets.

"Aight I'll  drop you there to pick up ya truck."

It was a quiet ride back. Pulling into the parking lot, Cole tries to break the tension, "aye so text me when you getting ready to move yo stuff tomorrow aight"

Not interested in talking to his friend, Cobe hops out the car and slams the door before Cole could finish his sentence. Pissed, he grabs his keys from his pocket and starts his truck. Cole watches him swerve out of the parking lot. He knows he fucked up. But Cobe knows how fucked up Cole is..... right?

•••

It's now almost 3 am when Cole pulls into Jill's driveway. He shuts off his car and looks up at her big southern style home. He notices not much has changed since the last time he was here. The front porch is still covered in potted plants, hanging plants, and some wild vines too. He stares at the wicker chair on the porch and he can hear he and Jill's laughter from that one summer night when they told each other embarrassing stories from their childhood while eating fruit from her garden and drinking spiked lemonade she had made just for him. Jill went inside and came out with a blanket and led him to the yard where they laid for hours, cuddled up watching the stars. They laid there until the moon turned into the sun and the sky became a beautiful pastel painting. It was the first time Cole knew he was in love with her. She was his first love. His only love. His soul mate. He always knew she was too good for him, but he needed her love; and she was willing to heal his heart. He looks over at the door, nervous and excited.

Message to Jill
2:59 am

Colin
I'm outside

Jill
Ok

He walks up the stairs to the front door and is met with his gorgeous ex-girlfriend. After removing his shoes at the door, she gently grabs his hand and leads him into the house, past the kitchen, up the stairs, and past her bedroom, until they finally entered her healing room. In the room she had prepared tea and candles in anticipation of his arrival.

"You're right on time, it's 3am" she cooed in his ear.

J I L L  Jones

24
Portrayed by Ryan Destiny

"Shit, I shoulda known." He responded looking around with slight disappointment and apparent fear in his voice.

"It's not a seance nigga, I just want you to open up. Talk to me Colin." she said slowly looking up at him while holding his hands in hers.

"I can't right now.... I took..." he looks at her, too embarrassed to bare the details of the variety of meds he's been feeding himself all day.

" I figured" she looks at him lovingly, "that's what the tea is for...it's a detox." She smiles and guides him around the room. "And this plant cleans the air of bad energies..." walking further into the room "and the candles suck it all in... and once we blow them out, the smoke takes it all with it." She smiles at him hoping she has put his mind at ease. "Sit down baby.... let's chat."

After two hours of tears, curses, story telling, and spiritual detoxing, Jill grabs Cole's hands into her own and speaks positivity into him. Then collectively, the two blew out the candles between them. As the room grew dark, they held each other. Jill planted a soft kiss on Cole's forehead and they stood up.

She lead him into her bedroom and laid him on the bed. She then climbed on top of him straddling his crotch and she studied his face. She unbuttons his shirt revealing a tattoo on the left of his chest with the letters J.T.L.O.M.L. ((Jill The Love Of My Life)) in a simple font. Intuitively knowing what it means, she lightly runs her fingers across it sending chills down his spine. She then leans down to kiss it before moving up to kiss his lips.

While unbuckling and sliding down his pants, She kisses him all the way down to his penis and licks around the head before slipping it in her mouth. She keeps a steady up and down rhythm until she has him how she wants him. Sliding her way back up to meet his face with hers, she moves his hands to her hips and gives him permission to guide himself into her. After she relaxes onto it, Colin speeds up his pace to match her riding. They moan into eachothers' ears as they both come close to climax. Feeling that familiar and favorite feeling in his stomach, Cole grabs Jills hips holding her down and he moans into the air almost inaudibly... "aaahhh Cob—" his eyes shoot wide open stopping himself from completing the name. Cumming inside her, she looks down at him with her eyebrows furrowed in confusion, unsure that she heard what she thinks she heard.

" what did you say?" She whispered coldly.

A haunting quiet fills the air and she slides off him onto the bed.

"Colin! What the FUCK did you say?" She stares coldly at him. "Get yo shit".  She says calmly as she gets out of bed walking over to her dresser drawer covering her body with her silk kimono.

He lays there with his hands over his face in utter confusion and in disbelief of what just happened.

Pulling up his pants and throwing his shirt over his shoulder, he looks at his love and realizes that he has really Fucked up this time. Now she's gonna think we fucking, he thought to himself.

In attempt to defend his words, he starts.. "Jill I swear—" she cuts him off with a wave of her hand.

"Nigga" is all she could bare to say. But he knows her well enough to know that now is not the time for the bullshit, so he gathers his things and heads out.

In his car, he opens the glove compartment and pulls out an orange pill bottle and pours a few in his hand. He looks up at the house one last time before swallowing them. Putting his car in gear, he starts his thirty minute ride home.

Watching the sun come up, he figures it's about 6am when he walks into his apartment building. Dreading what comes next, he exits the elevator and walks into his loft. Everything is still and deadly quiet meaning either no one is home or they're still sleeping. Too exhausted to check, he heads straight to his bedroom and knocks out.

A/N: What's your predictions for Cobe/Cole & Cole/Jill??

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 213 12
A dead woman walking would make anyone do a double take. She never thought she would see him again. He never thought she could have survived. More qu...
203K 7.2K 82
Even though I'm a mess and I still don't think I'm good enough for him, I want to date him. I haven't managed to scare him off with my panic attacks...
106K 8.2K 64
Book 1 in the Magia Series --------------- Eli has lived in a mundane realm for 18 years. On his 18th birthday after a freak accident and his home go...
620K 28.8K 56
-COMPLETED- As if being the Sheriff's son wasn't stressful enough, he had to go fall, and get knocked up by Lakewood notorious bad boy who used to be...