QuatreTale

By Banunu__

Frisk finds herself in an unfamiliar timeline. She runs into dangers on the way. Within her dangers, she meet... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Epilogue
Afterword (Years Later)
Authors' Announcement
Chara's Route
Chara Route (Ending 1)
Chara Route (Other Ending)
Asriel Route (Part 1)
Asriel Route (Part Two)
Asriel's Route (Ending 1)
Asriel's Route (Ending 2)
Asriel's Route (Ending 3)
Asriel Route: (Final Ending)
New Story Announcement
New Frans Story Out
Ralsei Ending
Dreams #1
Dreams #2

Chapter Twenty-One

255 8 4
By Banunu__

When they finally reached the fashion place, Asriel seemed a bit out of it. He was practically dragged most of the way there.

"Poor dearie!" Muffet said as she grabbed one of his paws. "We should get that taken care of before anything!"

Mettaton looked like he was going to say something, but then he noticed Chara running in their direction. "We're not going to hurt him! Don't worry!" He waved his hand dismissively. "Honestly, you worry too much!"

Noelle was also dragged along by Chara. She was about to go home until Chara had said: 'Come with me!'

(This is awkward!) Noelle thought nervously.

Chara looked at his surroundings. This place was, well, screams girly. "Uh, just please don't dress my brother up into a frilly thing." He shudders at the thought.

"Oh no no no!" Mettaton exclaimed. "He will look regal and respected!" He ran ahead and pushed the door open. "Right this way, your majesty! And other people!"

Once they were inside Muffet tried to pull the splinters out, but they were too small. Asriel winced. She looked over at Chara. "You know him better than I do! You should do it!" She crossed her first set of arms.

(She gets mad really easily...) Asriel thought. (Maybe she's just really defensive.)

"While you take care of that, I will go pick out his outfit!" Mettaton said excitedly, putting a hand on Chara's shoulder. Instead of walking away he twirled dramatically.

"I dunno." Chara looked towards Noelle. "I think your hands are more delicate than mine."

"Wh-what?" Noelle blushed.

"Didn't you say you're going to work at the Health Center the other day? Might as well get practice in." Chara winked.

"Ah, um... Okay." Noelle took Asriel's paw and she cautiously pulled out any splinters.

Asriel tried to hide the fact that it hurt. It hurt a lot less than when Muffet did it though. Her hands were so gentle and full of care. He found himself blushing a little bit.

"You will do really well at the health center!" Asriel stated. "Your hands are nice and soft!"

"Huh?" Noelle's face turned into a deep pink from the compliment. She didn't respond as she tried to concentrate on his paw.

Chara chuckled at Asriel. (My gosh, I don't think he realized he kind of flirted there.)

Chara flashed Asriel a teasing smile.

Asriel noticed the look on Chara's face and he blushed even more. He stuck his tongue out angrily and then looked at Noelle. Her face was pink and she looked slightly distracted as she pulled his splinters out.

Noelle was working on the last one. "This one I'm having a little trouble with so... I'm sorry if this hurts a little worse." She yanks it out as quickly as she could.

Asriel squeaked and pulled his paw back quickly, holding it close to him. "Thank you." He smiled despite the stinging in his paw.

"When you get home, you must disinfect it or you'll lose some HP." Noelle moved some hair out of her face as she couldn't meet his eyes.

(She's so kind...) Asriel found himself staring at her for a minute before he snapped out of it. "Okay. I will do that."

Mettaton was returning back with an outfit to show off. It was fancy and golden with some soft parts inside. "This is the smallest one we had!" He held it up in front of Asriel. It would definitely be big in him.

"Er.." Chara scratched his cheek. "It's a bit...extravagant. So much gold. And big..."

Comparing to Asriels current outfit with the rainbow scarf, purple-blue shirt and jeans... it would feel weird without his rainbow scarf.

"This is the only kingly outfit we have!" Mettaton claimed. "Gold is good for a king! It really shows off that he is someone to be respected!"

Asriel looked nervously at the outfit. It looked a bit uncomfortable. "I guess I can try it..." he said. He grabbed it and went to a nearby changing room. He walked out. The outfit was huge on him. The sleeves were dragging on the floor and the bottom of it was getting in the way. He looked so tiny like he was being swallowed up. "How does it look?" He asked awkwardly.

Noelle put on an awkward smile. "Uhhh....."

"You can't walk around in that." Chara said bluntly. He called out to Muffet on the other side of the store. "Hey! Can YOU pick out the outfit? Like similar to his colors?"

"Of course he can walk around in this! He looks fabulous!" Mettaton grabbed Asriel's arms and made them flap around with the huge sleeves.

Chara snickered how Asriel looks. "That looks terrible. He looks more like a child."

Muffet walked over to where they were at. She was holding an outfit with similar colors to the one he normally wore, but they were fancier. It was a purple-blue robe with fancy looking pants. "Mettaton, just let me handle this one."

Chara looks towards Muffet. "That's perfect! Can you...uh... implement the scarf with it? It's special to him."

The scarf was given to him by Toriel. As he had grown older, Toriel would sew it bigger for him. She would tell him that this rainbow represents his hopes and dreams growing bigger and bigger.

"Of course!" Muffet handed him the outfit and his scarf back. "You can go ahead and try these on!"

Mettaton crossed his arms. "I thought he looked good in that outfit!" He said in a disappointed tone of voice.

"It'll be alright," Muffet said. She put a hand on his shoulder. "You're still 'absolutely fabulous darling'!" She tried to imitate his voice and made a funny face.

"Of course I am!" Mettaton said, his smile returning. "You think I would ever stop being fabulous?"

Before Muffet could respond, Asriel flopped over onto his face. He rolled onto his back and tried to get up, but couldn't. "I tripped. Uh...can someone help me?"

Chara helped Asriel get into the changing room and leaves him. He looked over at Noelle. "Can't wait to see our King looks."

Noelle had her hands holding each other, as she awkwardly stands there.

Chara tilts his head. "You seem kind of scared of me?"

"Ah, well." Noelle puts on a nervous smile. Remembering that day with the knives. Not only that, she's afraid of humans. Especially she thinks of them underneath her bed to pop out.

"Don't worry. I'm a friend to all monsters." Chara chimed. "I'm not like the other humans."

Noelle was about to say something, but Asriel interrupted.

"Look!" Asriel said excitedly. He was wearing the outfit. It made him look older and more mature. He had the scarf on too. "What do you think?"

Muffet clapped happily. "You look great!"

Mettaton smiled at him. "I guess you look good..." He tried acting uninterested, but he smiled anyway at how he looked.

"It looks great! Much better, King Rei!" Chara gave a thumbs up.

Noelle was speechless. Her face was a bit red. It was like sparkles was around him. He looked so... handsome. What?

"Ah well, it's outfit! The great! Yeah!" Noelle was stammering. (OMG I'm embarrassing myself!! I can't speak English.)

Before they can say anything, Noelle quickly runs away. "I need to go home and use the bathroom! Bye!"

Asriel couldn't help but feel a little sad once she left. She always seemed so scared of something. He frowned.

"Chara..." Asriel turned to his brother. "I'm worried about her."

Chara's grinning really big. His brother's so oblivious! It's great! "She's just uber shy. I think she's shyer than you are! Hahahaha!"

"Hey, I'm not shy!" Asriel said defensively. "I'm the king so I can't be shy!"

"Your blushing face earlier tells me you are." Chara teased, but Asriel ignored it.

"Um, that's not the only reason I'm worried though."

Asriel was playing with his paws a bit now. It was something he did when he missed the feeling of Frisk touching them. But now...he missed Noelle's gentle hands on his aching paws. "She also seems kind of lonely. Maybe I'm just thinking too much, but it would be really scary for what she's going through. I don't think therapy is helping her out all that much either."

"Who is teaching therapy anyway?" Chara questioned.

"Undyne is..." Asriel said nervously. "I know that she has a really good heart, and that she cares a lot. But I think that Noelle needs a more calming environment to heal. I think that maybe instead of therapy with Undyne, she would have a better time playing video games and drinking tea to ease her anxiety."

"Oh boy." Chara imagines Undyne. The thought is a bit... Wow. Poor Noelle. "Sounds like you know what she needs. You're very observant. Hmmmm... Are you saying YOU'D want to give her therapy?"

"Um...maybe." The thought made Asriel abnormally happy. They could go find that game she wanted to finish. They could sit down on the couch with some of that really good tea she makes. Maybe the game would make her really happy. Maybe he would get to see her smile comfortably and laugh. He found himself blushing. "Wait what?" He asked out loud. Chara was giving him a weird look. "Sorry I was just...thinking and got distracted."

Chara make a curled smirk. "Ohoho, you're blushing again." Making Asriel irritated. "But anyways, how about you give it a shot? You can tell Undyne for her to tell Noelle that you're her therapist now. I mean, you are the king now."

Asriel nodded and got excited. "I will go tell her now! Hopefully we can start tomorrow!"

"Don't forget, we'll need to fix this mess with our town too now that you're king." Chara tried to remind him, but Asriel was already gone. Chara sighed.

Asriel was hurrying excitedly over to Undyne once he spotted her. "Undyne!" He finally got up to where she was at.

Undyne bowed to show her respect, but it just made Asriel feel uncomfortable. He was fine with it earlier because he was overcome with emotion and wasn't thinking. It just felt weird to have someone who had trained him at one point act that way. "You really don't need to do that," he said nervously.

"Uh...Sorry," she apologized. She stood up. "What's going on?"

"I'm here to tell you that I'm going to be Noelle's therapist from now on! We will start tomorrow!" Asriel felt a little bit guilty. "It's not your fault though. I just have an idea that I want to try out with her!"

Undyne smiled and laughed. "It's alright, I understand. You will do great! I'm proud of ya!"

Asriel gave her a genuine smile. "Thank you. It means a lot to me."

"It's no problem King Asriel," she said. "Nice outfit by the way. You look really mature!"

Asriel nodded to let her know that he appreciated it and then walked back towards his place. (It's been a crazy day!) He touched his scarf and felt his smile grow. (You're watching, aren't you?) He looked up at the sky. (I can feel you there. Mom. Dad.)

The next day, Noelle just laid in bed. She stared at the ceiling, thinking of things. She had asked Undyne one time in therapy that if they checked the Underground still for anymore monsters. Undyne had told her they check as often as they can, but there really is no one left. They've been checking for weeks. Noelle really was the last monster....

She slowly gotten out of bed and went to the kitchen. She started prepping for breakfast. She looked outside her window to see more protesting humans. They weren't as bad as the other day. They'd just stand there and hold out signs all day.

(Maybe I should stay home today.) Noelle thought as she took a bite out of her cereal. (Therapy isn't exactly helping me. Plus, it's scary outside. Hopefully Asriel and the others start things to fix this.)

Noelle played around with her food. (Humans are scary...but I guess Frisk and Chara are pretty nice. Frisk is even dating Sans with all this is happening.)

She feels bad for them. (I can see why Asriel likes Frisk still. I wonder... Did he ever confess?) She shook her head as she was cleaning dishes. (It's none of my business anyway.)

Asriel knocked on the door of Noelle's house. Maybe a bit too loud and suddenly. He was just so excited though! Excited and a bit nervous.

"Noelle!" Asriel called happily. "It's me, Asriel!"

Noelle flinched from the sound as she nearly dropped a dish. "Wah!" She caught it in time and lightly places it. She goes to the door and opens it. "Oh, ah. Asriel. What brings you here?"

Noelle's a bit surprised to see him. She thought he would be busy. It makes her a little confused.

"I'm your new therapist!" Asriel said happily. There was a big smile on his face. "I went and talked to Undyne about it so it's official! I want to help you!"

"H-huh?" Noelle had her mouth opened from being surprised. "But, uh, aren't you going to be busy for awhile? I mean, I don't want to get in the way-"

"It's fine!" Asriel assured her. "Right now, you are my number one concern! Making sure you're doing well is just as important as my other royal duties."

"But what about the-" Noelle stammered, but was interrupted again.

"Nope! Not until I feel like I've helped you out some at least!" Asriel wondered how he could convince her that she was worth his time. (She's worth more than that even! But she just doesn't seem to see that...)

Noelle gave up and they both just ended up sitting in chairs across from each other. She keeps awkwardly looking down. (I feel bad. He should be out there helping everyone with the humans. Why on earth is he making me priority? I want to ask that but... I'm nervous!)

Asriel wasn't sure what to say to her. She looked really nervous, but he of course didn't know why. "So..." he started awkwardly. "Why do you look so nervous? I'm not going to hurt you or anything." He looked at her with a concerned and sympathetic face. (I really have no idea what I'm doing! How am I supposed to make her happy if I don't know anything about this stuff?)

"Ah, I wasn't thinking you were going to hurt me." Noelle smiled awkwardly, feeling bad with her being this way. "I guess I've always been this way. Having a hard time saying what's on my mind. Ahahah."

"Oh...so you're scared of being judged? Because I don't think you have much to worry about if so. Why would anyone be mean to someone like you?" Asriel asked.

"No one's mean. I guess I've always been this way." Noelle laughed awkwardly.

Silence was between them.

"Uhh...." Noelle spoke up. "Sorry. I feel like you have more important things to do."

Asriel shook his head. "I promise I don't." He gave her a patient smile. "If I thought that something was more important I would be doing it right now. You're more important than you think," he said with a nervous laugh.

Noelle doesn't think she should be the priority over the whole town. She heard the conversation at Sans's house. She just keeps smiling nervously. She doesn't like to make anyone do anything they don't want.

"If you say so." Is all she could say with her words.

"It's true!" Asriel got up from his chair and walked closer to where she was sitting. "Now. You always make me really yummy tea, but I haven't made you anything. I'm actually pretty good at making food! I even brought my own ingredients so I wouldn't have to use yours. Do you like cherry pie?"

Noelle looked away, while she had a slight blush. (How is this therapy? Well, at least I don't need to talk...)

She feels bad turning him down. "Ok, that sounds delicious!"

"Great!" Asriel smiled and went into the kitchen. (What am I doing?) He was screaming in his mind. (I'm supposed to be talking to her about her problems! But...she looked so uncomfortable and nervous when I try to talk to her! None of this makes sense anymore!) He started mixing the ingredients together really aggressively. (Why am I so awkward?)

Noelle just awkwardly looks around. She glances at Asriel every so often and then stops. (Maybe I can send him home after this? I should tell him to go back to his duties! I must speak my mind!) She puts her hands on her head. (Who am I kidding? I can't even speak my mind!)

Asriel finally finished up the pie and walked over to Noelle. "Here you go!" He said. He handed her a plate with a slice of pie and a fork. Then he noticed her face. "Is everything ok?"

"Yes!" Noelle spoke attentively. "Thank you." She takes the plate and delicately takes a bite. Her eyes widened. "It tastes great!"

"Thank you!" Asriel responded. "My mom taught me how to bake!"

"Ah, that must have been nice." Noelle covered her voice in envy. Her mom never really had time for her. She always wished to have a mother-daughter bond. As she finished her pie, she went to clean off any dishes.

As Noelle walked away, Asriel got to thinking. (I'm definitely doing something wrong...what do therapists even do anyway? And why do I feel like I failed her so much?) He sighed. (I just want to make her happy. Why can't I just do that much?)

Noelle comes back. (Ok. You can do it.)

"I guess you have to get going?" Noelle asked. "I mean, you must have a lot to do to work with Chara and everyone. I don't want to take up your time with that."

(OMG I did it! I immediately feel bad!!!)

Asriel wasn't sure what to do. She seemed really uncomfortable, and he didn't want to force her. He didn't really want to leave her alone either though. "Are you sure?" He asked. "If something is wrong I would rather spend my time here than anywhere else."

"I'm fine." Noelle reassured. "You're a king now. You... have big responsibilities. I mean, if this doesn't get solved because you're worrying about me... this town will just fall apart more."

Noelle was never the type to be selfish. Seeing the town in chaos like that the other day was horrific to her. Asriel worked so hard to become king. They needed one to set this into motion. Yet, here Asriel is, in her house.

Asriel didn't want to admit that she was right. He really didn't want to leave. For some reason the thought made him a bit nervous.

"Okay, I guess you're right," Asriel said finally. "But um...as the king, I finally got a phone! Here, you I wrote down my number just in case you have one! If anything happens you can talk to me this way!"

"Oh! Thanks! Here's mine!" Noelle hands him her number. "Um. Take care though and be careful."

"I will," Asriel assured her. "I'm sure everything will be fine! And if it's not then Chara will be there to help!"

Noelle had waved goodbye. (I hope everything works out....)

...

Meanwhile....Sans and Chara are talking in front of the MTT Fashion Place. Frisk is watching them bicker as Sans keeps throwing puns at Chara.

"The city won't take you seriously if you just wear sweats, Skully." Chara explained.

"If you want me to put on clothes, just tell me wear." Sans winked as Frisk giggled at his terrible pun.

Almost as if some strange sixth sense went off in his head, Mettaton was bursting through the doors. He had an angry Muffet with him, her head being held by his arm as he had practically dragged her outside.

"I feel like something is amiss!" Mettaton said, posing in a dramatic way. He let go of Muffet who looked away angrily. "You sir!" He grabbed Sans's arm and pulled him away from Chara. "Are you in need of a fabulous new outfit?"

"Uh..." Sans started. He was a bit confused on what was going on.

"Of course you are!" Mettaton said. "Come inside all of you for your next amazing outfit!"

Frisk giggled as she followed them inside with Chara telling them what to do. "He needs a business attire!"

"No, I don't! I'm fine, really!" Sans tried to use his feet to stop, but Mettaton kept pushing him forward.

"I think you should just let me make you look fabulous! What's so wrong with it anyway?" Mettaton asked.

Sans shot a look back at Frisk and Chara. He mouthed the words "help me," and then was pushed into a changing room and handed a suit. Mettaton backed out and shut the door.

"Just wait. You're going to love this!" Mettaton said excitedly.

Muffet looked at the group and then decided to go back to whatever work she was doing before.

Frisk giggled. "I'll be next after Sans is done." She looked towards Muffet. "I'd like a business dress with stockings."

"I'll go last then." Chara said as they both waited for Sans to be done changing.

"Like this one?" Muffet asked. She pulled out a nice looking outfit and smiled. It matched the description perfectly. Before she could answer though, the changing room door opened up.

Sans walked out, feeling a bit uncomfortable. He was blushing. "Does it look ok?"

As she took the outfit, Frisk turned around to look at Sans. Her heart starts to race. Her face turned super red.

HE

LOOKS...

DAAAAAANNNGGG!!

No words can describe what Frisk feels.

Frisk.exe has crashed.

"Fjdkenfnfoenrneoen." Frisk kept talking gibberish as she hid her face.

"I think you broke her." Chara chuckled.

"Are you alright? You look like a tomato," Sans teased. "A cute tomato, but still a tomato."

"I'm going to change!!" Frisk dashes into the changing room with her outfit. She's too flustered.

Chara laughed a bit and looked at Mettaton. "May I have a suit as well?"

"Why of course!" Mettaton exclaimed. He went over to an area with more suits and pulled one out. He handed it to Chara. "Oh my, wouldn't you agree that she is an interesting character."

Sans was staring at the door to the changing room as he waited for her to get out. "Yeah..." he said with a content sigh. "But she's my interesting character."

Frisk steps out of the changing room. She moves the hair out of her face. She's blushing a little bit too since she's wearing the business dress with the stockings. She pulling the skirt part down a bit. Women's business outfits always seem so tight, but that's how they are to look professional.

"Um.... I hope I look the part." Frisk blushed, feeling self-conscious. Sans stared at her, feeling his SOUL throb.

"You look amazing!" Mettaton said. He grabbed her hand and tried to make her do a twirl. It was playful of course, but Sans still didn't like it.

"Alright," Sans said. He got in between them. "You look great, Frisk." He ruffled her hair playfully with a blush.

"Hey." Frisk took his hand and laughed. "Don't mess up my hair. Heeheehee." Frisk kind of stared at him. He looks so good! She clutched her chest.

Chara was blushing at the sight Frisk. (Snap out of it. She's taken. Ugh!) Then he heads into the changing room.

"Heh. You're still holding my hand above your hand," Sans said. The way she was just staring at him made his soul feel funny. He loved it.

"Well, your cheeks are blue staring at me!" Frisk giggled as she held his hand. "Do I really look ok though? I feel like I look weird."

Chara comes out with his suit on. "How do I look?"

No reaction.

Only to find that no one was paying attention. Frisk and Sans were all gaga for each other.

"You look beautiful," Sans told Frisk in a genuine tone of voice. He 'kissed' her on the forehead. "Really."

Frisk blushes. Chara sulks at them ignoring him. He checked his phone. No messages from Asriel.

(I tried telling Rei about today, but it seemed his head was in the clouds.) Chara thought. (He was supposed to meet us hours ago.) "Sigh."

...

The three of them were waiting for Asriel at the exit from the town. They were waiting awhile.

"Did Rei forget?" Frisk ask in concern.

"My brother isn't used to being a king just yet." Chara scratched his head. (This could look bad for him. Ugh! Where are you?)

Frisk was a bit tired still. She kind of held Sans's arm for support as she took a breath from exhaustion from standing too long.

Sans looked at Frisk worriedly. (I hope she doesn't get in super bad pain again. I know she's still bleeding. Maybe we should leave soon so she can rest a bit...)

His thoughts were interrupted by Asriel running up. "Hey Chara!" Asriel said. He was completely oblivious to Chara's anger.

"Rei...." Chara folded his arms. "You're late. Like, very late. Do you know bad that is?"

"Huh?" Asriel asked. His smile faded. "I thought it would okay to stay with Noelle a bit longer since she seemed really upset. That's not a bad thing to do, right?"

Chara put his hands on Asriel's shoulders. "Listen. A King isn't about all fun and games. It's about order. I get Noelle needs someone, but this town is effecting her too. It's effecting Frisk, Sans, everyone. And that is why we must put this first. If we don't get this going sooner, the longer it would take for us to have funds for food, medication and other basic needs." Chara looked fiercely directly into Asriel's eyes. "Do you understand? We NEED you to straighten up. We need a LEADER with responsibilities."

Asriel flinched. He was used to seeing his brother angry, but the anger was never directed towards him. "I thought I was doing the right thing." He felt his eyes start to sting and he looked away quickly. (No! Not in front of him!) He could handle beating Papyrus in a mock fight to become king. He could handle being tortured by an alternate version of himself. He couldn't handle his brother being so mad at him though. It had never happened before because his brother always seemed way over protective. (So much is changing...)

(Those eyes... He's about to cry... I hate doing this.) Chara thought.

"Can you handle being a king? The weight of all of these problems?" Chara asked. "I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but you do need to learn these things."

(Maybe I should have gone against him being a king...Rei... he's too innocent... too naive. Sometimes, I feel more like the king than he is with all the work I do. But that's impossible for me to be king with a majority of the monsters knowing Asgore was a king. Their Asriel was a prince.)

Asriel nodded. "I can do it. I just...her happiness means a lot to me." His face turned a bit red. "What if I can't help her?"

Chara sighed. (He's hopelessly in love again. Having feelings does make you not think about things.)

"Today is a big step for helping everyone out." Chara responded. "We need you to focus on this right now."

"I know." Asriel smiled sadly. "I'm sorry for being so careless."

"It's alright." Chara patted Asriel's back. "You're still learning and growing."

Frisk smiled and whispered to Sans. "Rei seems to really care about Noelle."

"I would say so," Sans said with a chuckle.

Frisk's legs start to wobble a little bit. She cannot seem to stand in place any longer, but she doesn't want to interrupt them from working things out. She keeps a determined face. (My legs hurt... I feel so tired. I need to be ok for today. I will be ok.)

Sans supported her more as he noticed her struggling to stay up. "Hey, hate to interrupt, but we should get going. Frisk isn't doing so well."

Chara glanced over. "Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry."

Chara looked towards Asriel. "Let's get going. We've kind of been standing here for a long time so....."

"I'm sorry!" Asriel yelled.

They all started to walk towards the bus stop.

Asriel nodded. "You're not still mad at me though, right?" He asked. He was a little embarrassed to ask such a seemingly silly question. He hated knowing that he had upset Chara so much.

"Sorry. I'm just..." Chara scratched the back of his head. "I feel like this is too much for you already. You being king. You would anger others more than you have angered me. I'm just watching out for you and trying to make things work out."

"So will I still be the king or...you're not asking me to step down, are you?" Asriel looked at him worriedly. "I would if you really wanted me to, but..." he trailed off. (I don't really want to give up on something I worked so hard for...)

"It's kind of impossible for me to be King, I mean." Chara continued. "A lot of monsters know you as Asgore's son. He was a king in many universes. I'm not even qualified. That's why I became the ambassador." Chara then grins. "You just have to learn to organize time and become more bold."

Becoming more bold is one thing Asriel never thought he would need to improve on. (I'm like a whole different being now.) He smiled anyway. "Okay! I can do that!"

Meanwhile, Sans was having to help Frisk to walk even more. "How are you doing?" He asked in a worried tone.

"I'm alright." Frisk smiled in a tired way. "It seems standing in one place makes me more tired. Walking seems to be a little better. I'm not in any pain, but I'm just really tired."

(She's been on the medication for nearly two weeks. There's two weeks left of it. Sometimes the bleeding stops a bit then comes back.) Sans thought.

"Good. We'll be there soon so you can rest." Sans wanted to help her out in any way possible. "Is there anything that you want me to get for you? Any special foods or anything?"

"If we could." Frisk's eyebrows furrowed. "The humans have been limiting our supplies. We do have monster food, but humans do need regular food for nourishment."

They were waiting at the bus stop now as they were chatting.

"I will try my best to find you some human food." Sans spotted a bench nearby and walked over to it, still holding her hand. "Here. You can sit down now and rest." He was worried after hearing that. If humans needed human food to stay healthy, then were the human purposefully trying to make sure that she didn't get the nutrients she needed? The thought disgusted him.

It felt great to finally sit down. Frisk kind of stretched out her legs a little bit forward while holding her skirt. Frisk smiled in gratitude at Sans.

Twenty minutes have passed and there was a bus coming. The bus driver slowed down to stop, but he looked at them. Before they can get on, the driver shut the door shut and drove away with a nasty glare.

"Stop!" Chara yelled out as the bus drives further away. "Are you kidding me?!" He kicked a rock in anger.

"Of course," Sans said. He was so angry that his eyes went dark. "This is so like them." (How dare they leave like that?! Frisk needs to get to the city!)

Asriel wasn't really mad, but he was definitely feeling bad that Frisk would have to walk more. "Is there anything I can do?" He asked Chara.

Chara sighed. "I have been teleporting this whole time to get to the city... that is the option but..."

"I'll be alright!" Frisk has a determined look. "They won't stop us from getting to the mayor."

Sans wasn't sure whether to admire her or think she was crazy. Or both at the same time. "Are you sure?" He asked. "I guess we don't really have much of a choice anyway, but your dizziness might cause some problems once we get there. I know you aren't feeling good..."

"It's fine." Frisk reassured. "We would have to do this regardless of the day. I... really want to go with you all. I want to make a difference somehow."

Frisk hates that she's worrying everyone with her condition. But if she stayed behind, then Sans would have to too. She didn't want that. The bigger the group, the better the outcome this may be. Or so she hopes.

"Alright." Sans grabbed Frisk's hand and looked over at Chara. "Ready when you two are."

Sans didn't like it when he had to teleport her, since he always felt bad afterwards. There was no saying no to her though.

Chara grabbed Asriel's paw and nods. They have all teleported right nearby the Mayor's Building.

The dizziness was a bit extreme this time. Frisk breathed a bit heavy as she tried not falling again. She tried keeping her eyes opened to not lose consciousness.

"Are you ok?" Sans wrapped his arms around her to comfort her when he heard her heavy breathing. (She doesn't sound good at all...I hate this.)

Frisk fought to keep herself steady and stayed conscious. Her breathing gotten a bit better. "I'm sorry. I know I'm stubborn with worrying you a lot." She looked up at Sans. She figures a pun may help. She dug into her pocket and put the phone's flashlight on her face. "I'm a bit LIGHT headed."

Sans chuckled. "You're something else. That was a really good pun though. Don't worry about worrying me. I just want what's best for you." He took a step back but still held on to her so he could be sure she wouldn't fall. After a few seconds he moved back all the way.

"I'm crazy about you." Frisk stuttered from saying that with a blush. Pun after another pun.

"Really?" Sans asked. "Well, you're my butter half." He winked and started to blush a bit.

Chara and Asriel just awkwardly watched these two.

"We can go anytime now." Chara pointed out.

"Oh, right! Sorry." Frisk blushed as she held Sans's arm to keep steady.

Chara looked towards Asriel. "You're the head of us since you're king. Lead us the way." He felt a bit silly telling his brother what to do. Maybe he'll eventually do things on his own one of these days....

"Oh!" Asriel went ahead in front of them all. "Follow me then!" He started to walk, feeling a little embarrassed that he was going to follow his brother around if he didn't say anything.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.1K 907 35
So, monsters and humans have been living together on the surface for quite a few years now... That's an accomplishment! No resets, no new timeline. J...
2.9K 47 17
Hatred is like an infection, if left to fester it only spreads and becomes worse, until there is little to no hope of return. Frisk had abandoned her...
1.1K 16 10
A new timeline is formed by Chara intervening in the end of Frisk's genocide run. In this new world, both Frisk and Chara work together to find out j...
2.7K 94 47
~'Disclaimer: This story has a lot of profanity and covers some very very intense or touchy subjects that may disturb some readers. You have been war...