QuatreTale

By Banunu__

Frisk finds herself in an unfamiliar timeline. She runs into dangers on the way. Within her dangers, she meet... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Epilogue
Afterword (Years Later)
Authors' Announcement
Chara's Route
Chara Route (Ending 1)
Chara Route (Other Ending)
Asriel Route (Part 1)
Asriel Route (Part Two)
Asriel's Route (Ending 1)
Asriel's Route (Ending 2)
Asriel's Route (Ending 3)
Asriel Route: (Final Ending)
New Story Announcement
New Frans Story Out
Ralsei Ending
Dreams #1
Dreams #2

Chapter Nineteen

241 11 2
By Banunu__

Frisk giggled and leaves with Sans. "See what I meant earlier?"

"Yeah. He's definitely a strange dude." Sans chuckled. "Not much more I can say about him than that."

"Are you alright, though?" Sans asked. "I know that letting go of a job like that before you even start must be hard."

"I'm just a bit worried is all..." Frisk admitted. "I mean, we do have some money now, but money doesn't last forever."

"Oh well," Sans shrugged. "That money should last us a good while. Maybe by the time it runs out, this whole thing will be over."

A part of him doubted that it would ever actually end. Whatever 'it' was. Discrimination against monsters. Drama between friends. Whatever it was, it seemed never ending. Whenever one chapter of the adventure ended, another one began. He wondered if it was even possible for such a story to have a proper ending.

As Frisk and Sans continued walking back to her house, up ahead, there was a woman staring at her. She looked a bit shocked, as if she has seen a ghost.

Frisk stopped walking.

She recognized this woman.

This woman. Her own flesh and blood. She breathed to compose herself as Sans looked at her in confusion.

Frisk tried to smile at her as if nothing has happened.

SLAP!

It all happened so quickly. A red mark was on Frisk's cheek.

"HOW DARE YOU COME BACK HERE!" The woman shouted at Frisk.

"Hey!" Sans yelled. He got in front of Frisk protectively, his eyes going dark. "I don't know who you are or what you want, but you better get away from Frisk before I do something we'll both regret."

Seeing this woman hurt Frisk made Sans filled with a strong hatred for her. He didn't even know who she was, but he despised her with every inch of his being.

The woman backed off a bit. Biting her lip and tried to look intimidating still. She stayed glaring and didn't make any movement. Sans had his glowing eye ready and had some bones summoned in protection.

"Sans." Frisk tried her best for her voice not to stammer. "That's my mother."

"That's right." The shrewd woman scoffed. "Hand her over. She is my property. She had disobeyed me again."

Sans was shocked by the fact that this terrible woman was Frisk's mother. He tried to hide it though. "She's not your property. She's a human being with feelings."

There was no way he would just let this insane person take Frisk! He put his hand back subtly and held onto Frisk's hand.

"Frisk." The woman's lips curled sadistically. "I'm sorry. Forgive me. Come back with me, we can start over and be a family."

Frisk recalled her mom's manipulation tactics. Back then, she was scared. But her mom's nothing what she has faced in the Underground.

"No." Frisk said simply.

"Y-YOU USELESS PIECE OF TRASH!" Her 'mom' yelled. People and monsters looked around what was going on. Giving weird looks like this woman's a psycho. "AFTER EVERYTHING I HAVE DONE FOR YOU-"

"You didn't do anything for me except for a shelter to live in." Frisk refuted. "You used me for your own gain, even used me as a child that I cannot even speak of. Taken all my money for your own self-worth. If I refused, you'd act like this. How were you ever a mother to me?"

The people and monsters were murmuring in the background.

"You hated me because I had smiled. You didn't see my pain. I can see that it annoys you." Frisk continued as her 'mom' looks taken aback. "I won't ever stop being kind. Even though you pushed me to kill me, I will keep smiling. Despite everything, I'm still the determined me. I will give you MERCY. I forgive you even though you aren't sorry."

The woman cursed and tried to move forward, but was a bit intimidated by Sans's eye glowing towards her. She stomped away mumbling in defeat. She really had no words. No apologies.

Frisk's hand was shaking in Sans's as she kept her smile on her face.

Sans was surprised by her sudden outburst. How strong she was. Normally she was the frail and shy girl that needed to be protected. This time she was a leader. She had grown a lot. Sans saw that now. He saw her smiling face and felt a strong feeling of pride and love for her. (She is so amazing...) He grabbed her tightly in a hug.

Ignoring any humans whispering about them, Frisk held him tightly too.

"Sans... I'm so glad you were here with me." She buried her face into his shoulder. "My heart was pounding, but it's nothing compared to what I faced in the Underground. I did it... thank you for being by my side."

"You were amazing," Sans complimented. "All I did was stand there." He couldn't believe that had happened. He got an odd sense of satisfaction from watching her storm off like that. "You're really strong. A lot stronger than I think you realize."

Frisk shook her head. "You went to protect me. She was also scared of you. She's not used to me standing up to her..." Her hands clinged to his back. "You are my strength. It's thanks to you, I was able to do this."

(Sans has always been there for me. Even when he didn't trust me at first. Even when I thought he'd forget me. Just seeing him everywhere, made me more determined without realizing...)

Sans shook his head. "We're each other's strength. You made me strong too."

"Sans..." Frisk held him tighter. "After we get my stuff to your place, I want to go somewhere..."

"Alright," Sans stroked her hair.. "Wherever it is, I will go there with you."

...

The night was a little bit warmer. Frisk and Sans had moved her stuff into her house.

There were golden flowers coming into view. Like that one night Frisk ran off. There was little gravestones.

TORIEL

ASGORE

PAPYRUS

There were others, but those stood out the most.

Frisk knelt down to show Sans.

"I made these awhile back... I've been meaning to make more for the others." She placed her hand on Toriel's grave. "Toriel... she gave me what a mother's love should be. Earlier made me think of her..."

Sans moved over closer to Frisk from behind and looked down at all the graves. The monsters from their universes that were destroyed. They all deserved respect and love. But... He sat down criss cross style in the dirt in front of Papyrus's grave. The fact that he would never come back still hadn't quite sunk in yet.

"When did you make these?" Sans asked. He had been with Frisk for most of the time they had been on the surface, so he wondered when she had found the time to do it.

"Remember that time I ran from Rei?" Frisk reminded. "The time I had dressed up originally for you... Well, I didn't think you felt the same way. I spent hours at Grillby's. I was a bit sad. I was scared to see you. I ended up thinking of everyone."

She looked down at the golden flowers. "Then I came across to these. The perfect place to fit them. I know the graves are a bit small... I want to eventually get real ones. Grillby had these custom stones on display. He's a bit different from the one we knew. Never thought I'd see things like that there. I told him the reason, but he didn't want any money. As soon as I was done placing them. You found me. Rei was with you too. I didn't want to show anyone yet. I faked how I was really feeling since I was scared... "

"I'm really sorry you had to go through all that. I'm glad you did this though. Now, they can be properly remembered." Sans ran his hand across the small stone and felt his soul ache. "I miss him."

Frisk sits next to him, puts her head on his shoulder and hugged his arm. "I do too."

There was a gentle breeze blowing on the flowers. Frisk started to chuckle a little bit sadly. "You know, when I placed that stone, I imagined him saying, 'HUMAN! DON'T WORRY, I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, WILL HELP YOU WITH SANS! HE IS SECOND BEST COMPARED TO ME! NYEHEHEHEH!' "

"That sounds like something he would say." Sans was starting to cry silently. "He was a narcissist, but in a loveable way, you know? He also believed that everyone else is great."

Sans looked up at the starry night sky and then back down at the grave. "A part of me wants to believe that it wasn't just your imagination. He was able to reach me to say goodbye. Maybe he had a little bit left of whatever allowed him to do that."

Frisk held him closer and stroked the back of his head. She started tearing up too. "I know he's probably looking at us now and rooting for us to being together."

"Yeah. He was always encouraging like that." Sans squeezed Frisk gently.He couldn't stop longing to be close to her even when he already was. Henoticed a tear had landed on her shoulder and was glistening in the moonlight."I'm glad we came here. It feels strangely good to cry it out."

Frisk places her hand on his cheek. It made her tears come out too. "Yeah... Today, when I saw my mom... I don't even want to call her that. It reminded me of Toriel." Frisk sighed a bit making more tears come out.

"I haven't told you everything about my mom... I only remembered why I had fallen in the first place because Gaster tortured me with those memories.." Frisk looked down. "That day, when Chara took me separately from you and Rei... I had told him about it since the topic of falling down, but not the fullness of it. It's a pretty lengthy story... would you like to hear it?"

Sans asked. "Didn't your mom push you down or something like that?"

"That's only part of it." Frisk mentioned. "Like I said, I haven't said everything...Well, I only just remembered more after seeing her today. It makes more sense to why I was the way I was when I first met Toriel."

"My dad left my mom when I was about six years old. Mom kept me to herself. My dad couldn't win custody from my mom. He didn't have any proof for her nature. She was really good at manipulating people."

'Frisk.' Her dad spoke. 'Never change. Stay determined. I will rescue you.'

But nobody ever came.

"My dad died a few years later. It turned out he had cancer. I had no idea. My mom, however, became even more twisted. She was happy he died. Her words. They'd always hurt me."

'You're so ugly. I won't love you until you do what mommy says.'

'Stop smiling. You're making me look like the bad guy here.'

But Frisk never faltered. She never gave into fear. She stayed DETERMINED, even after her dad died.

"I knew my mom took joy into seeing weakness from people. It was like a twisted power trip. She wanted me to be miserable. I was, but I didn't show it. Perhaps, my power of DETERMINATION made me this way? She knew I wasn't an ordinary child. She did whatever it took to break me without actually hitting me. She was smart enough to know if there was any signs of child abuse, I would be taken away. She made me work at a young age. A job that a kid shouldn't be doing. I wasn't physically hurt or anything, but it mentally drained me that it made me uncomfortable. It was sick and twisted. But as I turned 18, I put my foot down. Enough was enough. I said as kindly as possible that I was moving. I was an adult."

'Where would you even go? You don't know anyone. You're going to leave your poor mom to die without paying bills?'

'You need me. What kind of daughter leaves their mother?'

"Those words would always get me. She would apologize without actually meaning it. I felt guilty and went to stay. I wanted to see if there's any hint of good person in her. But there wasn't an ounce. It was all fake. A few years later, you know this part, she took me to the mountain. And well, you know that part... She just wanted to see my face. A frightened face as I had fallen. She thought she had won until she saw me today... I guess I had angered her." Frisk sadly smiled. "When I had fallen, I couldn't remember how I fell. I guess it was from all the shock. I could only remember my name, my dad and that I had lived a life on the surface with humans. Then I met... Toriel."

...

'Oh my, are you alright?' Toriel went to help Frisk, but Frisk was too scared after being attacked by Flowey.

"That smile. Her kind demeanor. It felt strange. I felt so strange from it. Why?"

Toriel greet Frisk as she walked up to her house. 'I am so sorry I had left you alone like that. You're hurt. Come in and rest. I have made some butterscotch-cinnamon pie.' She takes Frisk by the hand.

Frisk touched the SAVE star on the way in.

'Child, tell me. What is your name?'

'It's Frisk.'

'How old are you, Frisk?'

'I'm 22...'

'Oh my, my apologies. I only say child as a term of endearment. I hope I didn't offend.'

Frisk smiled. 'Not at all. It feels nice, actually.'

Of course, Frisk eventually found out about the war with monsters and humans.

'Toriel. I want to go to the surface! I can help you all get out of here!' Frisk exclaimed.

Toriel was against it. 'No, Asgore, he will kill you like the other humans. Please, stay with me.'

Frisk refused. 'You have done a lot for me and I want to help repay you. I want to bring peace between humans and monsters!'

"But Toriel, she wanted to fight me. Her attacks hurt a lot. I thought I had to fight back but then... I killed her.... in self-defense. The shock hurt me. It was so hard."

(This... isn't what I wanted!)

"I went on ahead. I was sad. I met you and Papyrus. I wanted to go back... somehow... But that's when I had a monster kill me. I remember I had died a few times in the Ruins. I wondered if I could see Toriel again. I wondered if I could save her without dying myself. My last SAVE point was in front of her house.

'What's wrong? You look like you've seen a ghost?' Toriel asked as tears filled Frisk's eyes.

'You're alive!! You were dead!!' Frisk shouted through her tears as she held her.

'Goodness. What are you talking about?' Toriel smiled sweetly in the comfort of the hug. 'There there... Everything's alright.'

"Then I survived the next fight with Toriel. She couldn't do it anymore. As I was about to leave..."

'Child, wait.' Toriel placed a golden chain necklace around Frisk's neck. 'This is for you. A heart locket. It plays music. Whenever you miss me, you can listen to it. I cannot go with you... I... Just hope you'll succeed.'

"Then I met you again. Well, of course, you didn't remember. At least, I didn't know you did know me. Papyrus definitely didn't. I had met other monsters that hadn't remembered me. It felt a bit messed up. I felt alone. I'd be reminded of those words of Toriel's. I'd play the locket whenever I felt sad. After I had RESET to save Asgore, it was painful knowing Toriel didn't remember me...But... I did what I could to save everyone."

....

Frisk stared at the locket after finishing her story to Sans. Tear droplets fallen onto it. "Toriel... She shown me what a true mother was like...."

"I know that she loved you a lot. And you love her too. I'm sorry again that I pretended not to know you and made you feel alone." Sans squeezed her gently.

Frisk shook her head. "Remember, I said it's alright. I'm just so glad it's you."

Frisk feels good for telling him everything. About her life. Her feelings.

"Thank you for listening to my long story." Frisk started wiping away her tears.

"Of course. I'm open any time." Sans finally sat back so that they were across from each other.

They had both lost so much. So many loved ones that they cared about. It felt like a part of him was gone.

"I wish they all were here with us..." Frisk added sadly. "With everything going on, it makes me miss everyone more, but at least we have this place to go to for their memorials."

The discrimination. Frisk's mother. Having these trials make an aching feeling inside of them.

Frisk recalled Gaster. How Gaster used Sans. Frisk can empathize with him there, with her own mother using her too. Why were there beings like that? Why the mistreatment? Frisk doesn't understand the cruelty. It's not something she can bring up to Sans either, but she can almost feel Sans's burden of having a terrible parent.

Sans nodded. "I feel the same way. Thank you for doing this for them."

Sans leaned in a bit and put his forehead against hers. (We still have each other at least,) he reminded himself. "A monster soul can't persist after death. But I believe that there's still something left over. They can't just disappear after all, right? I bet they're really happy you did this."

Frisk remembered Asriel from the main universe. How he persisted after death only due to DETERMINATION. Sans has it too. What would happen to him? It doesn't matter. This is here and now.

Sans. The one Frisk loves so dearly. She places her hands on his cheeks.

"You're right. They all must be with us in spirit. That's just who they are..." Frisk closed her eyes.

Sans closed his eyes too, feeling his sadness melt away a bit. He could still feel it of course, but less intense. "Frisk. I love you." With that, they kissed.

...

About a week later, Asriel was walking back to town. Another day of training done. He hardly ever trained with Papyrus now except for a few times when Papyrus had him stay out later to train. With Papyrus always being on watch now, he was hardly ever working with Asriel.

(Maybe I should go see how Noelle is...) Asriel looked in the direction of her house. Chara would probably be on his way to his shift anyway, so he wouldn't have to worry about Chara being angry at him for getting home late. He went over to the house and knocked on the door. He was worried about her after how scared she was from the universes merging. (She must feel so alone...)

Noelle opened the door. She looked a little surprised. "Oh, Asriel! What brings you here?"

"I just wanted to check on you!" Asriel answered. "I know it's a bit late, but I just got done with training!"

"Ah, well." Noelle awkwardly smiled. "I'm adjusting. Everyone's nice. Undyne's a bit... interesting with therapy."

Undyne had helped Noelle get a home and kind of pushed her to do a group therapy... led by Undyne... You can imagine how that goes with the greeting 'HEY PUNKS!' and then makes the monsters make spaghetti. How was this therapy again? They all needed a better therapist....

"Yeah, I thought that might happen. She's definitely very...enthusiastic." Asriel laughed nervously a bit. He wondered what her methods were for therapy. "Anyway um...if you ever need someone to talk to more casually than therapy you can talk to me!" (I still want to get to know her better. If only I didn't have to train so much I could spend more time with her.)

"Uh, thank you." Noelle stammered. She always had a hard time opening up to anyone. Only being she really opened up to was her dad. "Oh my gosh, though. Frisk heavily reminds me of Kris, but not at the same time. Weird, right?"

Frisk and Asriel are the only two similar beings in this world... Yet, they're just so different at the same time. The thought interests her. Then she noticed Asriel's face. "Oh, does the topic of Frisk bother you?"

"I-" Asriel started. Asriel sighed. "Sorry. It's just kind of a sensitive topic right now."

He smiled sadly. He didn't want Noelle to think that he was being rude.

Noelle understood immediately. (So he likes her.)

"W-well." Noelle stammered. "These things are bound to happen. Maybe they won't last long? I mean, you're really a swell guy." Silence. "Hahaha. I'm just going to stop talking. Sorry."

"No." Asriel shook his head quickly. "You don't need to stop talking. I like it when you talk! I mean- Wow. that's weird."

(What am I even saying?) Asriel laughed to cover up his awkwardness and tried to hide his red face in his bandana. He was so embarrassed! "What I meant to say is that you're a really nice girl! And I like talking to you...you know what? Never mind." He realized how weird he probably seemed.

"Ah, I meant about the topic." Noelle reassured. "I didn't mean to make you feel bad. That wasn't my intention. You're a lot different from the Asriel I knew. Well, I didn't know him well enough, but I heard a lot of things about him."

"Oh," Asriel mumbled. "I misunderstood. What was the Asriel like from your world? I mean, if you want to tell me that is."

"Well..." Noelle put her hand on her chin in thought. "He was very extroverted. He was the talk of our town. I didn't really talk to him much, but he would get a lot of trophies. And he would be part of the church choir. A lot of townsfolk called him by 'Azzy.'"

"Wow! Sounds like a really cool dude!" Asriel exclaimed. He remembered when he would always call himself a deity or 'the god of hyperdeath'. He didn't really think of himself that way anymore. The thought embarrassed him now.

(I should be proud of myself since I'm going to be the king. Why don't I feel proud though?) Asriel realized that his smile was shaking. He quickly corrected it. (It's weird that I'm admiring myself from another universe... He seems more...cool.)

"He also really cared for Kris." Noelle continued. "Kris was.... a bit... well, something. They didn't really talk to anyone until the last time I knew them. It was weird. Their eyes even seemed different. More kinder. Guess I won't find out what's changed them. Hahaha. Oh yeah, Kris was his sibling. Do you have a sibling?"

Asriel felt his spirits lift a bit. "Yes! I have a brother named Chara! I don't see him that much anymore since we both have important duties to take care of, but he's the best sibling ever!"

Noelle smiled. "That's one thing you have in common with the other Asriel. You both care a lot for your sibling. I'd like to meet him sometime."

"You two would get along really well!" Asriel said happily. "Then again, he can get along well with just about everyone as long as they're a good person. Like you!"

"Hahaha." Noelle chuckled. "Sounds like a good brother."

Then she stood there silently. She felt a bit awkward to know what to talk about next. (Topic... Topic... I can't think of one! Maybe I should go back inside? Ah...)

Asriel stood there awkwardly too. "Um..."

"Uh..." Noelle thought for a second. "You must be worn out for the day. Would you like to come inside for some tea?"

Asriel nodded. "Tea sounds nice." He walked inside.

Inside of Noelle's kitchen, it looked a bit like Christmas. With the red and green tiled floor. The holiday-like themed cabinets. Even the tea kettle had a holly pattern on it. As the kettle whistled, Noelle poured some hot water into snowman shaped mugs. She handed one to Asriel.

"Here." Noelle presented. "This is chamomile tea. It helps relax you."

Asriel took a sip of the tea. "It tastes really good! Thank you!" He thought that it was really thoughtful of her to do that for him. He liked the designs of the mugs too. He quickly drank all of it.

Noelle took little sips. She gotten surprised how fast he drank it. "Hahaha. I'm glad you seemed to really like it. I thought I made it too sweet for a moment."

"No such thing! I love sweet things!" Most of the time when Asriel ate, since he was spending so much time training, it would be mostly just fruits and stuff that Papyrus instructed Undyne to give him. He missed sweet things like this tea.

"Oh, that's a relief." Noelle smiled as she sipped delicately more of her tea. "I didn't think to ask you what you wanted in it so I'm glad it worked out."

"So what are your interests? Do you have any hobbies or anything? I know I told you that I'm training to be the king, but I don't really know that much about you!" Asriel held the empty mug tightly in his paws, enjoying the warmth left over from his tea.

"Ah, sorry." Noelle thought for a moment. "Well, I love playing video games. My current one I was playing Dragon Blazers III!!" Noelle stopped for a moment. "But that's impossible to finish it now since I don't have it anymore because of everything.. Hahaha.."

The image of her dad came to her mind. They were supposed to finish that game together. The thought saddened her.

Asriel thought for a minute. "Oh! In the human town they have video game stores! I'm sure we could find a copy of it there!"

"Ah, they do?" Noelle stressed a smile. "I guess I'll have to save money to buy one then."

Part of being rescued as a monster, the city is giving a complimentary fund for monsters starting out. However, it won't last long.

"I'll need to get a job so I can get back into academics to go into college as well." Noelle pondered.

"I heard the fashion place is hiring! I don't know if that's what you're into, but they pay a lot!" Asriel suggested.

"Oh... um... I must decline." Noelle apologized. "I don't think I'm cut out for that place. It's a bit... intimidating?" She nervously laughed.

"Intimidating?" Asriel asked, tilting his head. "I don't know if I would call that intimidating, but alright!"

Asriel yawned. (It must be at least Midnight by now...) "I don't want to pry into your personal business or anything, but why are you up so late anyway?"

"Er... well..." Noelle tried not to sound rude. "You kind of knocked on my door as I was getting ready for bed..."

"Oh...I'm sorry," Asriel apologized. "I don't know why I thought you would be up so late." He laughed nervously. "I've gotten so used to being up most of the night."

"Oh, no." Noelle waved her hands around to reassure him. "It's alright! I've been having trouble sleeping anyway... I should be used to it though. Since my mom was the mayor. I'd always be home alone anyway. Hahaha..."

"Do you have trouble sleeping when you're alone too?" Asriel asked. "I know it's weird since I'm supposed to be all strong and mature, but I guess I'm just so used to Chara being there."

"It's a little worse than it used to be." Noelle looked down. "I would always worry about my dad... but...." She paused.

She doesn't want to say it.

That he....is... gone....

Before Asriel can say anything, Noelle quickly nervously laughed it off. "It is late like you said. I do need to get some rest."

Asriel did his best to hide his concern for her. "Okay. I guess I should probably go too. Goodnight!" He waved goodbye to her.

She seemed so sad...that made him sad too. He decided that he shouldn't pressure her to talk about it though.

"Be careful on your way home." Noelle waved back. "Good night!"

She watched him as he left with his back turned. (He's really nice... It makes me feel less lonely...)

Asriel coughed a bit as he closed the door. (I think I'm starting to get a cold. I should go get some medicine tomorrow if Undyne will excuse me.)

Asriel hated leaving her like that, but he couldn't stay there all night. They both needed sleep. (I will go visit her again tomorrow. Maybe we can have some more of that amazing tea!)

...

Again.

Frisk stared down as she was in the bathroom. (I keep bleeding....)

Frisk's period was just recently. Within moving into Sans's house fairly recently afterwards, she noticed she started to bleed again. She felt more tired.

(It's too soon... This isn't normal. Maybe it's stress?)

The humans were taunting at Sans and Frisk more so lately whenever they go out.

'EW! DISGUSTING!'

Or if they caught them kissing.

'SHOULD BE ILLEGAL! I feel like throwing up.'

Frisk groaned as she put another fresh pad on. (I haven't told Sans about my bleeding... I thought it would go away... but... I should tell him...)

Frisk finished up and started to head out of the bathroom. There was Sans.

"WAH! You scared me!" Frisk yelped.

Sans has been really protecting her. Watching her wherever she goes, but she hasn't gotten used to it just yet when he waits outside the bathroom for her. It's a little embarrassing for her and she can tell it is for him too.

"Sorry. Didn't mean to scare you," Sans said with a nervous chuckle. "You took a long time in there. Everything alright?"

"Oh, um..." Frisk twirled her hair. She wanted to say it, but... no words came out. (What the heck, woman! Speak!)

Sans gave her a puzzled look. "Did you forget English? Come on, you can do it!"

"SANS!" Frisk pouted at Sans for his teasing.

"Sorry,"Sans said. "You're just really cute when you're mad." He started to blush. "Anyway, you didn't answer my question."

Frisk blushed. "I'll getchu back for this." She grumbled with a smile. Then she gotten a little serious. "I seem to be bleeding all week. Um... I thought it was a fluke, but it won't stop. And I'm feeling more tired too."

Sans gave her a concerned look. "Do you need to go to the hospital again?" He asked. "I can take you if you do. Ralsei probably knows more about how to help out by now."

"I don't think hospital is necessary." Frisk reassured. "I think we can go to Ralsei. I don't know if it's a side effect or what."

"Okay. I'm ready to go when you are." Sans responded.

...

Sans and Frisk made it to the Health Center and explained the situation to Ralsei.

"I feel fine other than being tired." Frisk explained.

"It sounds like a side effect of the medication you're on." Ralsei confirmed. "Maybe we should try out a different one and the problem will stop."

*NOTE: Usually gynecologists would wait out three months to see if the pill will adjust to the body. Most cases, they don't and bleeding persists.

Ralsei looked over to see Asriel walk on. He stood behind Frisk and Sans, waiting for his turn.

"Blah. I hope the next one would work." Frisk mumbled, not aware Asriel is there yet. She's deep in thought. "What do I do with this current one?"

"We will order you another kind to try, but you will need to finish the current one before you can take it home. The bleeding isn't dangerous so don't worry. It's just an inconvenience." Ralsei reassured.

Asriel sneezed loudly, startling Frisk.

"Eep!" Frisk turned around to Asriel. "Rei! Do you have a cold?"

"Yes," Asriel mumbled. He put on a smile and sniffed. Monster immune systems were a lot weaker than human immune systems. Although, dying of a cold wasn't likely, the risk was there if it got bad enough and the monster suffering from the cold worked themselves too hard.

"I hope you feel better." Frisk responded while Ralsei was on the phone ordering.

But...

Ralsei's face turned to one of shock. He put the phone down. "I'm really sorry Frisk...they won't help."

"What do you mean they won't help?" Sans asked angrily. "Why not?!"

"The humans aren't sending any more supplies to us," he said sadly. "They're refusing to help."

Frisk looked at Sans in a worried manner then back at Ralsei. "Did they tell you the reason why?"

Ralsei was hesitant to tell her since it was such a mean reason. "They said that they don't want to support a relationship between a human and a monster."

Frisk's heart dropped. She looked at Sans as if she was going to cry. "That's too much..."

"I know," Sans said sadly. He wrapped his arms around her in a hug. "That's so terrible."

Asriel looked at the two with a sad expression. Why did the humans have to be so cruel?

Ralsei saw the look on his face. "We're all out of cold medicine and they won't send any more. I'm sorry."

"It's alright," Asriel said with a sad smile. "I'll be fine."

Frisk looked at Asriel. Even he can't even get medicine and he's a monster! Even though he said he's fine, this isn't right.

None of this is right.

"Asriel, I'm sorry." Frisk looked even sadder.

Why must her and Sans be punished for their love? Everyone else gets punished on top of it.

Sans backed up at this. He hated that this was happening to them.

"It's okay." Asriel waved his paw dismissively. "I'm tough, remember? This is nothing!"

A few humans there were chatting from what they've heard. They are in line also.

"Does that mean we're not getting medication either?!" One of them shouted.

"They will probably provide you with medication at the human hospital if you really need it," Ralsei stuttered response. "Most of the hate is towards the monsters and um...Frisk. They would most likely treat their own kind."

"That's a load of crap!" Another shouted, making Ralsei flinch.

"We didn't move here to go traveling back! It's expensive!!"

The humans started blocking the way and started being angry at Sans and Frisk. They all started shouting all at once.

"This is all your fault!"

"See! I told you it is illegal and yet, we're being punished too!"

"You both are disgusting!"

One threw their drink at them. "Get out of here!"

Frisk just stared blankly. Her lips started to quiver. She was too upset to speak, yet she held back any tears to be shown, but Sans can feel her hand shaking as she grabbed onto his.

Sans wanted to use teleportation as a last resort, but it didn't seem like there was another way out since the humans were blocking the only exit. He closed his eyes and teleported himself and Frisk away.

Once the two had disappeared, Asriel looked to Ralsei. "I will help you take care of this," he said. He looked back at the crowd. "Please, calm down! There are sick monsters here trying to rest!"

"Sick monsters?! We have humans staying here too!"

"Where did they go?"

"What if my daughter falls in love with one of them too?! This has to be stopped!!"

....

Noelle was walking around town. (I wonder what job I should get. Maybe I should work in Healthcare for now?)

As she approaches the building, a bunch of angry humans started storming out of the Health Center.

"FIND THEM!"

"WE MUST PROTEST!"

Some of them shoved Noelle to the side. "Ah!"

She didn't lose balance, but then she saw Asriel trying to stop the chaos. She ran over to him.

"This seems a bit scary..." Noelle stammered. "What's happening?"

"They're trying to find Frisk and Sans!" Asriel exclaimed. "We have to stop them! I don't know what they're planning on doing!"

"Why would they-" Noelle gotten cut off by an angry mob of people.

This answered her question she was about to ask. They held up signs. Some say:

DOWN WITH HUMANS DATING MONSTERS

STOP THIS HORRID BEHAVIOR

WOULD YOU LET YOUR HUMAN OFFSPRING DATE A MONSTER? THINK OF HOW GROSS IT IS

The humans started marching around. Some were taking their children away from playing with other monsters. Their kids started to cry.

"But they're my friend!!"

"I'm doing this for your own good!"

Papyrus protected a bunch of places as much as he could. There were so many humans! They weren't violent but the riot was a bit too much.

"Get back home! Or I'll arrest you!" Papyrus growled.

The human gotten scared and taunted back while stuttering. "You can't do that! The city protects us! Without us, this town isn't anything!"

Papyrus glared in frustration and scared off any humans away. (There's too many of them!)

Noelle looked towards Asriel in a panic. "Where do they live? This is horrible!"

Asriel pointed at a house. "Over there! I don't think these people know that they live there though, so we need to hurry!"

Asriel knew that he was able to run fast due to his training, but he wasn't sure how fast she could run. He grabbed her hand to help her go faster and started running towards the house. Noelle looked at him as she ran. His face was dead set on getting to that place, but there was a bit more chaos as they have gone up ahead.

There was a group of humans ahead yelling. One of them spotted Asriel and Noelle. "That's the one that tried to get us to calm down! The goat!"

Asriel looked around nervously. "Please, let us get through! We have something to do!"

"Don't you think it's wrong?!" A man shouted. "Why don't you monsters join us? It's effecting you too!"

"U-um..." Noelle stuttered a bit and talked in a very low voice. "idon'tseewhyit'swrong..."

"What was that?!" Another shouted.

Noelle's legs started shaking.

"It's alright," Asriel said in a comforting voice. "I won't let them hurt you."

Asriel shot the humans an angry glance. "So what exactly is so wrong with it?" He demanded. "Or do you even know?"

"It's bestiality! Necromancy!"

"Yeah! It's not normal to humans to date monsters!"

"Monsters should stay with monsters! Humans with humans!!!"

Noelle looked at Asriel. She knew how Asriel felt about Frisk.

(This must be tearing him apart too....)

"Humans and monsters aren't even that different!" Asriel argued. "You just aren't used to us!"

"Tch! What do you know?" Another scoffed.

"In our world, protests are legal! Nothing can change our mind!"

A monster joined in to argue back. "But you humans said we could have peace!"

"What? We said peace but this is wrong!"

They kept bickering back and forth. Yelling into each other's faces.

They're distracted. Asriel and Noelle make their way passed them.

...

As Sans had teleported Frisk back home, Frisk felt dizzier than usual.

It must be the fact that she's bleeding this time. Or maybe all the stress. Or mixture of both.

Frisk felt as if the room was spinning faster. She almost passes out.

Sans caught Frisk, falling back onto the ground. He landed in a sitting position and held her close protectively.

"Woah! You must really not be feeling good!" Sans rubbed her head in an attempt to comfort her.

Frisk held onto Sans. The room was spinning still.

But that's what was least bothering her.

"How can they do that...?" Frisk whimpered. "Just because we're together? That's not fair, Sans...."

"I know," Sans agreed. "But it isn't always fair. And plus, us being together is worth it...right?"

Sans was feeling a little bit doubtful. What if she couldn't handle it anymore? The way they were treated didn't really bother him unless they were treating Frisk badly as well, but she was sensitive. (Will she be able to keep going like this?)

Frisk started to gain her vision back. She looked directly up to Sans. She sees his face full of worry.

This whole time they've shown themselves to the public, the stares and gossip gotten worse. There's noise outside of the house of people protesting down the streets.

(Something...)

Louder.

And.

Louder.

Frisk hears them. There's even monsters outside yelling back.

(I must so something...)

"I will always stay with you, no matter what." Frisk places her forehead onto his chest. "I won't let them win..."

"You're not planning on going out there are you?" Sans asked, his voice showing worry. "I don't want you to get hurt standing up for us. Just leave them to me."

Deep inside though he knew that wouldn't work. They would never listen to a monster. They needed one of their own kind.

"I can't just keep doing nothing." Frisk tried to get up, but it was slowly. She feels even more tired now.

Sans helped her stand up and looked into her eyes pleadingly. "Yes, you can. Maybe this will all blow over on its own. I just really don't want to lose you. Not when we're so close to a happy ending."

In his head Sans saw her dying over and over. How she died many other times in the Underground by others. How she broke down that night while they were in bed together. How she died...by his own hands. Her broken soul before him as he prepared for her to return so he could do it all again.

(How does she not hate me? After all those times that I killed her...? What if she gets hurts trying to make it all better?)

There were tears collecting underneath his eyes. "I know it's stupid that I'm so scared. But I can't help it. Just stay here. You don't owe it to anyone to solve these problems."

Frisk saw Sans's face.

(If I somehow die... We'd have to go through Gaster all over again.... or... would it just be the end...?)

His tears made her heart even ache more.

If only a SAVE was found.

Then she wouldn't have to worry about dying if the humans did get too crazy.

Chara can still teleport on the surface. Why can't she use her own power?

Why?

Frisk looked anxiously around, but nothing in sight.

Her fingers extend towards Sans's face. She presses her lips against Sans's teeth and gives him a deep kiss.

"I can't go if you look at me like that." Frisk was tearing up too as she stared at him. "I'll stay."

Sans didn't want to look away. That would just make it easier for her to get into trouble. He sighed and looked down at the ground. "I'm sorry..." He watched as his tears hit the floor below. "Go ahead and go if that's what you really want."

...

Chara had just returned from the city. The people told him that they're cutting back supplies.

'What do you mean you're cutting back?!' Chara demanded an explanation.

'Well, humans over there are dating monsters. We won't support a town like that.'

As Chara is angered by those thoughts, he sees humans rampaging everywhere with awful signs. Monsters are also arguing with humans.

Some of the human and monster children looked scared.

(Typical! How could I even think there was good in any human?!) Chara thought angrily.

Frisk came to his mind. She was the only one.

She always tried to see good in everyone. Even in Gaster.

(They're probably after her! She could get hurt!) Chara quickly teleported in front of Sans's house. He saw Asriel running with Noelle towards there as the people kept shouting near his house.

"Rei!" Chara called out to him.

Upon hearing his nickname, Asriel turned around. "Chara! I'm glad you're here! This is crazy!"

Asriel felt a strange sense of relief washing over him that his brother was there with them. He let go of Noelle's hand.

People were approaching and chatting amongst each other.

"I heard the abomination couple live here."

"It is it! The graffiti!"

There was already degrading words spray painted on Sans's house.

They all approached where Chara, Asriel and Noelle were standing with their signs.

One of them shouted at Chara.

"How does it feel being left by your wife for some disgusting monster?" The human said. The hatred was clear in their voice.

"What?" Asriel asked. He looked over at Chara. "What are they talking about?"

"Oh, what a hussy!"

Chara started getting angrier. His eye started to glow. "It was a lie..."

Some of the humans gotten frightened.

"You idiots don'tlisten to reason. All you ever want is lies. She wouldn't get treatment if itwas just Sans bringing her! You friggin' hypocrites!!" Chara summoned abunch of knives. "BACK OFF, NOW!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24K 618 43
Frisk and Chara have been together since they met each other in Mt.Ebbot, now years have past and the future is changing but now The determined lover...
3K 47 17
Hatred is like an infection, if left to fester it only spreads and becomes worse, until there is little to no hope of return. Frisk had abandoned her...
1.1K 16 10
A new timeline is formed by Chara intervening in the end of Frisk's genocide run. In this new world, both Frisk and Chara work together to find out j...
13.1K 907 35
So, monsters and humans have been living together on the surface for quite a few years now... That's an accomplishment! No resets, no new timeline. J...