In My Life (John Lennon fanfi...

By ADayIntheLife19

*Third/Final installment to 'Devil in Her Heart* *Book Three* It's finally the 1970's. And Lucy Daniels is l... More

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32.
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34.
Chapter 36.
Chapter 37.
Chapter 38.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter 45.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47.
Chapter 48.
Chapter 49.
Chapter 50.
Chapter 51.
Chapter 52.
Chapter 53.
Chapter 54.
Chapter 55.
Chapter 56.
Chapter 57.
Chapter 58.
Chapter 59.
Chapter 60.
Chapter 61.
Chapter 62.
Chapter 63.
Chapter 64.
Chapter 65.
Chapter 66.
Chapter 67.
Chapter 68.
Chapter 69.
Chapter 70.
Chapter 71.
Chapter 72.
Chapter 73.
Chapter 74.
OneShot/AlternateShortStory?

Chapter 35.

1.2K 52 68
By ADayIntheLife19

Two weeks later

I woke up that morning alone in bed. The alarm clock ringing loudly until I shut it off.

5:00 am

I had to go pick up Andrew from the Airport this morning. He was finally coming back and I was more than excited to be sharing some news with him. I sleepily walked into Julian's room and shook him. He mumbled and picked his head up.

"Hmmm?"

"Julian I'm going to get dressed to pick up Andrew from the airport. Watch over Max when I'm gone alright?"

"Mmkay." He muttered. I kissed his cheek and left the room.

..

I said bye to the boys and drove in silence. I grabbed a cigarette and lit it, taking a long drag. The traffic was terrible. One cigarette turned into four in less than ten minutes. Once I was near the airport, I parked and ran across the street inside the building.

I was panting when I came to a stop. People were coming and going.

6:30 am

He should be here by now. I looked around and didn't find him at all. I decided to ask.

"The plane seems to be on some kind of delay at the moment. Please take a seat and we'll announce once the plane has arrived alright?" The lady behind the counter put on a tiring, over friendly smile. I returned the favour and made my way back to an empty seat. I grabbed my purse and looked for some change.

Making my way to the payphone, I dialed and waited for an answer.

"Hello?"

"Julian I might be here awhile. I just wanted to let you know before you panic and start a riot."

"Too late mum. Maxwell's wearing full gear and ready to knock some blokes head off."

I laughed. "Take care of your brother okay? I'll call when were almost home. So no headphones."

"Alright alright. What if Max needs a diaper change??"

"Then change his diaper!" I laughed.

"Uh...how do you do that?"

"You take his diaper off, get a fresh new one, grab the baby wipes and clean him up. Put some powder on him, and put on the new diaper."

"I don't want to touch him...down there."

I rolled my eyes. "He's your brother! You have to change his diaper or he'll get a rash. Then he'll keep crying and crying and crying and cryi..."

"Alright mum I'll change him! Call me later yeah?"

"I will. I love you."

"I love you too mum. Bye."

"Bye." I smiled and made my way back to my seat.

..

I yawned and shut my eyes as I waited. Seconds turned into minutes. Minutes turned into hours. Of course, my worry instincts began to fill my mind with horrible thoughts.

I looked around, watching people wait and talk about the delay. The pit in my stomach turning into a nervous knot. I noticed the authorities talking to a few pilots and stewardesses. I bit my lip and decided to just wait. That was until one of the officers came over to speak to everyone waiting.

..

I tried not to get to worked up. I tried not to cry. I tried to think positive things. But all failed. It had to be about eight in the evening when I heard people cry and scream. It was happening all over again.

The plane crashed a few miles from the airport in London. The authorities were called to the scene, but all was found were dead bodies. So far, a few have been identified. I was just waiting until it was my turn to cry. Until then, my face stayed dry.

I took a deep, shakey breath to calm myself. It didn't work. I wiped the tear about to fall from my eye and bit my lip harder, drawing blood.

"Nooo!!! Please tell me you're wrong!" I heard a woman scream as her son watched in worry. I didn't even have anyone here with me. This couldn't be happening. Not again. Not like last time. Not him.

It wasn't until then I burst into tears. On my own. Again. I slumped in my seat and just held a hand over my eyes as I cried. There was another flight called that just landed. My stomach hurt the more I cried. My eyes must have been red by now. I pulled out the small mirror from my purse and looked at myself as I fixed my eye makeup. Wiping my eyes, I glanced in the reflection behind me and saw a familiar face.

I turned around and dropped my things, running into his arms, sending us tumbling to the ground. Andrew chuckled and propped himself up on his elbows as I gave him a hard kiss.

"Lucy not in public." He teased. We must have been getting weird looks from the many people walking by. But I didn't care. I needed him. To let him know how much I cherished our every moment.

"The plane...it crashed and...you never showed up and I thought..." I cried against his lips. He blinked and helped me up as we walked back to where I was sitting.

"Ooh. Is that what everyone was talking about? And you thought...Oh Lucy I should have called." He pulled me into his arms. I held onto him, sobbing into his chest.

"I never thought I'd see you again. I love you so much. If something did happen.."

"But it didn't. Look at me." He nudged my chin up. I sniffled and looked up into his eyes. He stroked the side of my face. "I'm here."

I nodded and kissed him again. His hands moved to my sides, tickling me like crazy. I giggled and tried pulling him away.

"Andrew stop it!"

"As long as you keep that smile on your face!"

"Okay okay I will!" I laughed as he stopped. I grabbed my purse and flung it over my shoulder. "Let's go. Airports are so depressing."

..

A few drinks and cocktails later, I was waiting with Andrew for a taxi. He laughed at a random lady walking by with a huge fur coat. I covered his mouth with my hand, giggling like crazy.

"Lucy I'm glad to be alive. Hearing your laugh is music to my ears."

I blushed. "Yeah? I'm glad you're alive as well Stephens. I just....If something did happen, I wouldn't even know how i'd get it across Maxwell the rest of his life. How Julian would take it. I know he still cries now and then over James. I can't lose you."

Andrew sighed and helped me into the taxi. We sat in the back, first arriving at my apartment.

"I love you Lucy. I'll always be here for you. For our family."

I smiled at him. "Our?"

"Yes our" he chuckled, giving me a small kiss. I giggled and pulled away.

"You better get a move on. The meter's still running."

"Oh shit. I'll see see you at work alright? Sleep tight." He smiled, getting into the vehicle.

"You too." I said to myself, watching the taxi disappear around the corner.

I took a breath and made my way upstairs to my apartment. When I walked in, I froze to see John asleep on the sofa with Max in his arms. Julian was asleep next to them, the sound of static coming from the snowed out tv in front of them.

I smiled and set my purse down quietly, walking over and placing my hand on John's shoulder. His eyes fluttered open and looked up at me. I placed my finger over my lips. He nodded, standing up quietly and carefully holding Maxwell. I took him in my arms and kissed his cheek.

"Thank you John. For taking care of them." I whispered as we made our way to the bedroom.

"No problem Lucy. Where were you all this time? It's half past eleven."

I sighed and shook my head, stroking Max's cheek. "Long story. Can you stay tonight?"

He nodded. I leaned up and kissed his cheek. "I love you John. I don't think I tell you that enough."

He smiled and led me out of the dark room. "I love you too Lucy."

John carried Julian to his bed and tucked him in as I turned the tv off and yawned. Today has been too damn long. I shut the window curtains and smiled to feel arms wrap around my waist from behind. His chin resting on my shoulder as he spoke.

"I missed ye."

"I missed you too John. Today has been...scary."

"Yeah? What happened?"

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. "There was a plane crash. A few miles away from London. Andrew was supposed to be taking that exact flight but, he decided to take a different plane due to a seating mishap. I was supposed to pick him up this morning and...when I heard the news I...I went crazy. My mind directly raced back to the day..."

"The day your parents never came back." He finished.

I nodded and turned around to face him. "I just couldn't lose someone like that. Not again."

John nodded and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. I sniffled and laughed a bit. "When I saw Andrew come out I just...the amount of relief that washed over me was electrifying. Knowing he wasn't taken from me just reminded me of how crazy life is. There are larger things at stake in this world and I'm here just worrying about the future and trying to create this 'perfect' life for myself."

"It's alright to worry about the future Lucy. I know you want what's best for Maxwell. But you also have to know what's best for you."

I stayed silent and held his hands. "Come on. Let's get some rest."

"Lucy."

"Hmmm?"

"What's wrong?"

I shrugged and looked down. "John I...I've been thinking a lot about something."

"What about?"

I took a breath and looked up at him. "I think I want to have another baby."

......

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

329 5 9
Mary finds herself at the same hotel with the band Guns N Roses. After she got knocked out all because Axl couldn't control his anger issues. At one...
8.5K 458 60
Anna Kelly has been eyeing him since she moved to Liverpool in the summer of 1957. A mutual obsession with rock n' roll and their big dreams bring th...
333K 9.9K 118
Beatles fan fiction. "Never in my mind have I doubted how I feel for George. I've loved him for so long I can't remember when I didn't. I can't r...
23.9K 885 21
In 1984, Paul is questioning his marriage with Kathleen whom he has been married for just less than a year. He plans to leave her soon but all his pl...