Formidable

By chambreduloup

Harry and Draco share a secret bond, unknown to everyone, including themselves. It only makes itself present... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17

Chapter 9

7.8K 155 48
By chambreduloup

Two months later...

"Come on, Draco! You're going to be late!" Harry sighed exasperatedly, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"I'm coming! I'm coming! Hang on!!" Draco had been upstairs trying to find a pair of trousers that would fit him. His belly was starting to bulge slightly, and his usually slim-fit trousers and jeans were all now far-too-tight-to-be-slim-fit trousers and jeans. He grunted, letting his hands fall beside him as he raised his eyes to the sky. "Right, that's it." He said to himself, storming over to Harry's chest of drawers and pulling out a neatly folded pair of grey joggers, practically ripping his previous trousers off and shoving those on instead.

He surveyed himself in the mirror, grimacing at what he saw, turning to the side and pointedly glaring at the mirror, looking directly at his tummy, then looking down at his actual tummy, pointing his finger at it claiming it was all the baby's fault that Draco was miserable.

He grabbed the nearest pair of trainers, not caring at this point that they were Harry's, as 1. They were both the same size shoe, and 2. He'd made enough of a mess of his appearance that a pair of yellowed, creased trainers wasn't going to do a great deal of damage.

He untied the laces wandlessly, slipping them on his feet, and tying the laces once again, wandlessly. He finally showed up down the stairs ten minutes late, grinning at Harry's crosses arms and fake exasperation.

"Ready to go, your highness?" Harry took the piss, earning a punch to the arm as Draco opened the door, grabbing his keys from the ceramic bowl on the little table situated by said door, and making his way out to the car.

Harry wasn't able to get a word in edgeways, calling to Draco that they'd have to floo just as Draco was about to open the car door.

"Oh. Really?" He deflated.

"Yes. Really. We're late, love." Harry explained.

Draco didn't comment, making his way back into the house and into the living room, dumping his keys back into the ceramic bowl, and fixing his raggy t-shirt.

"Ready?" Harry asked with a handful of floo powder in his grasp. Draco nodded, smiling at him and grabbing Harry's free hand.

"St. Mungo's!" He called, and green flames erupted from the fireplace, transporting the two of them to St. Mungo's.

"Your baby is about the size of a plum, right now." Hermione smiled, clasping her hands together.

Both Harry and Draco looked at one another. With Draco hitting 12 weeks, he was beginning to show, which also meant Harry was unable to keep his hands to himself under any circumstances, always roaming Draco's stomach, giving excuses to touch it all the time. It drove Draco mad, but he loved it wholly, never wanting Harry to stop and never pushing him away.

"A plum?" Draco exhaled sharply, sitting forward to look closer at the ultrasound scan hermione had produced with her wand.

She nodded, catching Harry's eye, who was previously switching between gazing at Draco in awe, and moon over Draco's stomach, currently exposed to Hermione's wand.

He looked up at her, chuckling wetly, causing Draco to look behind him, finding Harry's eyes glazed with unshed tears. Draco smiled at him, outstretching his arms, "C'mere, love." Harry shuffled off the stool he was perched upon and immediately burying his face into the crook on Draco's neck, fingers grasping Draco's shirt for purchase. His body shook minutely with little cries, his tears wetting Draco's ragged t-shirt.

Hermione has always been comfortable with the intimacy between Harry and Draco, and had never been intimidated by their nature around each other. But right now, she felt as though she was interrupting something exceedingly intimate, and felt she hadn't a place in the room at that point, so she laid her clipboard down on the side, and stood slowly.

"I'll leave you two for a moment." She whispered, Draco acknowledging her and nodding his thanks with an appreciative smile as he continued to rub Harry's back.

"Here, here. Lay down with me." Draco said, slipping Harry's wand out of his pocket and enlarging the "bed" he was laid on to accommodate both of them. Harry manoeuvred himself so he was on his side, one arm bent at the elbow supporting his head and the other on Draco's stomach, running light fingers over and around his bellybutton. He sniffed wetly, Draco's fingers massaging his head as he closed his eyes.

"Can't fall asleep here, you know?" Draco chuckled.

"Yeah'know." Harry said, "just resting my eyes for a minute. Just..." he trailed off.

"Just what?" Draco asked softly.

"Thinking." He said after a moment. "We're really having a baby. Our baby."

"You're happy?"

"Extremely so." Harry wrapped his arm around Draco's waist, not so comfortably, considering the bed they'd created but it'd have to do.

"Hermione'll be back in a moment." Draco said after a moment.

"Yeah, I'd better get up." He buried his face in Draco's neck, again.

"Yeah." He whispered, not making any effort to let go of Harry. Only when the door clicked open softly did they break apart, Harry sitting up and Draco charming the bed back to normal.

"Is it alright for me to come in?" Hermione asked from behind the door.

"Yes, of course." Draco said.

She came out from behind the door, smiling at Harry's wet, tired eyes, and picking up her clipboard again. She collected the ultrasound scan with her wand and stored it in a tiny vial which she then slipped into a rack in a cabinet, labelling the vial, "Draco, 12 weeks."

"Would you like photos? Of the baby?" She asked.

They looked at one another. "Yes! Yes absolutely!" Harry said eagerly.

"Perfect! I'll get those for you in just a moment, I'll allowed them to process before I pick them up, meaning I can talk to you about quite a serious matter." Her tone became serious, a faint smile still on her lips nonetheless.

"O-okay?" Draco hesitated, grasping Harry's hand, squeezing and not letting go.

"You're due to get your wings in a couple of days by the looks of it."

"Wings? Oh yeah!" Harry'd forgotten about the wings part, what with everything else going on at the time.

"These wings will mean you'll both have to adapt a different lifestyle to accommodate them. From what I know, these wings are big, and can be hard to control at first. You're both supposed to be going on a trip to Italy within the next few weeks, is that right?" Hermione said.

They nodded, eyes blown slightly wider than they were before.

"Right, I see. You two are going to have to be very careful on this trip. You can charm them to be hidden, and eventually you'll be able to wordlessly and wandlessly prompt them to retract and come back out whenever you please." She explained, Harry and Draco reviewing this information silently.

"You'll both be absolutely fine, I'm sure of it. But, if you ever do have any issues, please pop round either here or to my house, I'm always here to help you." She leant forward, putting a hand on Draco's shoulder and looking between them both. She smiled kindly and sighed.

"Now, on a non-medical note, perhaps you'd like to come for dinner before your trip? Maybe after you've got your wings? Ron can do that pie you both like, and he's managed to come up with a new recipe for his cherry tart!" She said eagerly.

"That'd be lovely, Hermione." Draco said.

"Yeah! Thank you!" Harry followed.

"Of course! Let us know when you'd like to pop over, we're not doing much lately so things should work out nicely." She said. "We've got loads to tell you!" She spoke eagerly.

As Harry and Draco got up to leave, Hermione seemingly remembered to mention something, spluttering before forming a coherent sentence, making Harry chuckle.

"I-I meant to say- you can find out the gender if you'd like in six weeks?" It was more of a question rather than a statement.

"That'd be wonderful!" Draco smiled brightly, grasping Harry's hand and squeezing it tightly.

"We'll find out if you're having a baby boy, or a a baby girl." She smiled, pottering about the room and handing them the ultrasound photos that had been printed, before waving goodbye and kissing them both on the cheek.

"Goodbye!" They both called as they exited the room.

a/n: I'm on tumblr! Come say hi! Same username as on here (gaeilgelupin)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.8K 192 33
Harry and Draco meet years later at their sons' parent-teacher conference. At first, it seems that they will not find common ground, but a mysterious...
2.2K 110 7
If all it takes is one kiss to make Harry obsessed with Draco Malfoy, how can he be straight? How can he put up with his girlfriend's manipulation kn...
664K 24.6K 91
They say you shouldn't touch what isn't yours... Too bad no one told Harry that. A simple mistake that Harry made in his first year at Hogwarts is co...
1M 34.3K 26
**COMPLETED A potion's mishap thrusts Draco and Harry together and binds them until a cure can be found. Despite hating the man... Harry finds somet...