Aurora of the Phoenix (Book 1...

By NurainiSalleh

Teenage life is a rollercoaster ride, with school, crushes, and the social scene that can make you feel like... More

Chapter 1 The Prologue (Edited)
Chapter 2 New beginnings? (Edited)
Chapter 3 New Friends and First Crush?! (Edited)
Chapter 4 The Dream (Edited)
Chapter 5 We're Neighbours?? (Edited)
Chapter 6 WHAT IS GOING ON?? (Edited)
Chapter 7 They're Amazing, aren't they? (Edited)
Chapter 8 The Hangout (Edited)
Chapter 9 Life of Ryder Hunter (Edited)
Chapter 10 The Aftermath Part 1 (Edited)
Chapter 11 The Aftermath Part 2 (Edited)
Chapter 12 How times have changed (Edited)
Chapter 13 The Past of Ourselves Part 1 (Edited)
Chapter 14 The Past of Ourselves Part 2 (Edited)
Chapter 15 Meet the Hunters (Edited)
Chapter 17 Birthday Part 1 (Edited)
Chapter 18 The Birthday (Edited)
Chapter 19 Changes (Edited)
Chapter 20 Powers, the truth, and pets (Edited)
Chapter 21 Rosaleen, Abilities and Identity (Edited)
Chapter 22 The Past and Pets (Edited)
Chapter 23 Teachers, swimsuits and theft? (Edited)
Chapter 24 swimming lessons and bullies from the past (Edited)
Chapter 25 The magic, the queen, and presents! (Edited)
Chapter 26 The Family Book (Edited)
Chapter 27 The First Queen of the Mythical Realm Part 1 (Edited)
Chapter 28 The First Queen of the Mythical Realm Part 2 (Edited)
Chapter 29 The First Queen of the Mythical Realm Part 3 (Edited)
Chapter 30 The Confrontation (Edited)
Chapter 31 Family (Edited)
Chapter 32 The daily life of the Rossi boys Part 1(Edited)
Chapter 33 The daily life of the Rossi boys Part 2(Edited)
Chapter 34 The daily life of the Rossi boys Part 3 (Edited)
Chapter 35 Back to School (Edited)
Chapter 36 The Burning Feeling (Edited)
Chapter 37 The Fire (Edited)
Chapter 38 The Pain
Chapter 39 The realised Truth
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55

Chapter 16 The Swimming Pool (Edited)

59 5 18
By NurainiSalleh

Aurora's POV

Ryder sent me back home after our meeting at Eve's family cafe, I was shocked that we were having dinner at Ryder's house tomorrow. Ryder told me that it would be fun and he did promise me to meet his siblings.

When I stepped inside the house, I could hear my brothers arguing.

"C'mon, Mom, why do we have to have dinner with neighbors tomorrow!?" Said Alex

"Because we are having a nice dinner with the Hunters tomorrow evening. All of you have to come back straight home from school and don't take any detours." Said, Mom

Josh approached Mom with concern "Mom, I don't think it's a good idea, we are talking about entering the household of the guy who harassed our sister." Said Josh.

I was about to go up the stairs. "Hey princess, you came back early?" Dad said while drinking a cup of water.

Josh came to me and pulled me to Mom and held and squished my face up. "You see how traumatized she is, look at her!" said Josh

" Josh, I think she is more traumatized by what you are doing to her now," said Mom jokingly.

"Let go of me!" I shouted while pushing him away. "And Ryder didn't harass me, it was a mistake," I told him. His face seemed like he was not convinced and Mom noticed it.

"She is right you know? Turns out their young daughter saw the whole thing and explained to our friends, her parents I mean, that it was a misunderstanding." Mom said while giving a reassuring look.

After the arguing and Alex sulking and Nick still in his room playing video games on his laptop, I presume. Everyone went to bed and I started to toss and turn on my bed. I felt hot and cold and felt an electrical feeling inside of me. Eventually, it stopped and I continued to sleep soundly.

The next day I went to school and we had to walk since Dad needed the car. Once we reached we saw some of our classmates at the school parking lot and we walked past them. When they saw us, they started whispering to each other. I noticed but tried to ignore it.

When we stepped into the school my brothers and I separated to meet our friends and while I was finding the gang, the same thing happened. I saw a lot of our classmates and even from other classes whispering amongst each other. I was confused.

I started to cover my face with my books and continued to walk and the whispers got louder! Then I saw Briar come to me and pull me into the girls' restroom.

"Aurora, are you okay?" said Briar in a worried tone. I just nodded.

"Thank god, I was really scared for a second." Said Briar looking relieved.

"C'mon Briar, they won't do anything to her, not if Kimi, me, and Mikayla got anything to say about it." Said Sonia folding her arms.

The door opened and I saw Kimi rushing in. "Okay, so I found out from some girls that it is spreading slowly and even Ryder hasn't heard anything about it. But it's coming, and when it comes we have to try to save her. Mikayla's late again, she called me." said Kimi now pacing too.

"What is going on? What happened?" I asked.

"Remember when I said something along the lines of our classmates are like sharks and they feed on rumors?" she said slowly.

I looked at her with my eyes wide open. "I don't like where this is coming from?" I said.

"Well, they are hungry and the girls here are hungry to kill," said Sonia

"Let them try! This is ridiculous." Kimi said frustrated.

I started to freak out, and then I remembered those days. I started to tear up and went into one of the stalls and locked it behind me. I started to cry.

"Aurora? Are you okay? Please open the door!" said Briar. They all kept knocking but I just started to cry even more. This triggered me, the whispers, the looks. It has happened before.

"Girls, go behind me" I heard Kimi say. She then suddenly kicked the door a couple of times until it flew open.

*They saw me now, they saw this weird crazy girl crying and will just stay away from me and never talk to me again. They are probably going to avoid me like the plague. They are going to think -*

I felt warm hands softly pulling my own hands away from my head, I looked up and saw Briar. She gave me a gentle smile and put my hands down to my side. Sonia took the tissues from the dispenser and Kimi gently guided me to the sink. I couldn't see but with tears in my eyes all I saw was a blur because it fogged up my glasses

I took off my glasses and the girls held me. "Aurora we are here if you need to talk, maybe we might not understand what you have been through before meeting us and we kinda felt that just so you know we are here if you need to talk," said Sonia

"And we all will never turn our backs on each other" We all suddenly heard that voice and it was Mikayla leaning at the door. Even if I couldn't see her, her brown fishtail braids were a ringer.

"Just breathe, relax, think of happy thoughts." Said Briar while she rubbed on my back.

Sonia gave me the tissue, Kimi was holding my hand and Mikayla wiped the fog off my glasses. At this moment I have never felt so relaxed and wanted. Usually, everyone would ignore me in my old school.

I have never felt this type of comfort in school before, besides my family, I was more confused and more worried at the same time. I don't want this small feeling of being safe to go away.

The girls help me get to my classes and since coincidentally all of my classes one of them or most of them will be in it. Everything went fine and then suddenly all classes were over and the girls held me up through the day. I went home to dress up for dinner.

My brothers were still not happy going there, but eventually that all went away as my brothers love kids, and seeing a bunch of them in one room changed their opinion on coming. While we were there, Ryder's mom opened up a photo album with pictures of Mom and Dad when they were my age. I noticed Mom in those photos and Dad looks like an athlete. No surprise there, that is where my brothers got it from.

While looking at the book, I pointed out a photo of a guy that looked familiar to me, from what Ryder's mom said, it was our uncle. I have a very faded memory of him, but I do remember he always sent gifts on our birthdays and if my mom thought the gifts were too dangerous or something, she would take them away from us until we were older. I do remember him always picking me up more than he picks up my brothers.

I look at the photo closely and focus on the woman beside him, she seems familiar too and I feel like I somehow know her in a way. I suddenly started to have another headache

"And who is the girl beside him?" I asked

At that moment when I asked, I felt that no one dared to answer the question. Mom took a deep breath. "That..... She is your uncle Toni's late wife, Izzy. Short for Isabella and she was my best friend"

*I don't remember Uncle Toni having a wife.*

"Well, She looks really beautiful," I said.

I saw Mom beginning to teared up "Oh Aurora, I wish you could have met her, she would have loved you and spoiled you. You know sometimes you kind of remind me of her, the way you smile, the way you act." she said.

When mom said that, I kinda wish I did meet Aunty Izzy, she seemed like a pretty nice lady. I don't know if we look the same but if Mom thinks so, I was more than happy to remind her of her best friend.

The night turned out well and we all came back home early due to work and school. I was in my bed, wondering about Uncle Toni, it had been years since we saw him but I didn't even remember his wife. I was confused but eventually fell asleep without thinking about it.

The next day, Dad gave the car keys to Josh and we drove to school together again, when we stepped into school, I felt the glare from students yesterday became more intense today. Mostly from the girls.

I tried to stay calm, I knew that Mikayla, Briar, Kimi, and Sonia would get me through these days until another rumor or incident came around to distract them. But then one of my biggest fears came during PE class. Swimming.

I can't swim, I never tried because ever since I saw Titanic when I was young or movies that dad let us watch where the people drown, I have a fear of swimming in a big pool. Mikayla, Kimi, and Liam had the same PE class as me on that day so I was a bit calm but I don't think my face showed it.

"Aurora, are you feeling alright? you looked....scared" Mikayla said.

"Yeah, I am. I can't swim, I never tried to, I always chicken out during my old school by saying I have my period." I explained while feeling anxious. I hate PE, no offense to others who do.

"Well, mostly now we are just getting into the pool and doing basic moves, so if you want, you can be my partner and I can teach you how to swim. No pressure."

I smiled at her when I was about to say something the coach asked us to huddle up. She said she would be doing some simple swimming exercises for today's lesson. Suddenly the coach got a call and it seemed important as she asked us to relax for a moment while she took the call. She went to the side and a lot of us were already in the pool just messing around.

I just was circling the pool and I saw Liam Diving in and started swimming, he was amazing. The way he swam, was like 2nd nature to him, he kind of reminds me of how a fish would swim. He got up and sat at the edge of the pool, he saw me and waved.

Suddenly I felt a sudden push around my back and I fell into the deep pool, I couldn't see anything as I took off my glasses. I heard laughter and panic while I was struggling to come up to the surface but I couldn't. My body didn't have the strength to pull me up from the pool water and I sank. It went by so fast. I remember that I began to close my eyes a little but then I saw something strange, like something or someone, swimming towards me and they had a tail.

I felt a sudden movement where someone was pulling me up and I was completely unconscious after that. During that time I felt another urge of electricity in my veins which got stronger. I felt cold at one moment but suddenly I felt someone pumping my chest. I opened my eyes and immediately sat up to a sudden cough due to the water that was stuck in my lungs. I looked beside me and saw Liam was there looking relieved and when I looked up and saw the worried faces of my classmates.

"Okay, everyone please move aside, give her some space," said the coach. She was kneeling at my level to ask if I was okay. A student gave her a towel to wrap me in and the coach guided me to the nurse's office to check my condition. She asks Mikayla to bring my clothes to the nurse's office so I can change. The nurse took a good look at me to see if I had any concussion or anything.

"Well, Miss Rossi, you didn't hit your head and your breathing is regular now." Said the nurse

"Achoo!" I sneezed

"Except for a sudden cold now, but due to this experience, I think you should go home and relax. I'll inform your main teacher about this and you can go see Miss Watson and wait there to call your parents to fetch you. Is that okay?" she asked. I just nodded.

Coach asked me asked me to take it easy and be careful. I was walking down the hall and then the headaches I have been having got worse. It's like a huge thump but I still kept moving.

"Achoo!" I sneezed and then I heard a sudden bang from behind me, I looked behind and my eyes widened to see most of the lockers were wide open.

*That was weird..... Is there some sort of strong wind?! I thought I better walk quickly and I did but then another headache came and it was near the science lab.

"ACHOO!" I sneezed loudly. I heard a sudden whoosh and a loud burst. I looked behind me and saw a group of students running out of the science lab. There was smoke coming out and the teacher told all of them to evacuate. The teacher pulled the fire alarm and he saw me. "You there, Evacuate the school now!"

I quickly did what he said. I went out of the school and I waited there and searched for my brothers or the gang to come. I saw Alex coming out first and he saw me, he ran to me and then I saw Josh and Nick coming out together, they quickly came to me too, and eventually the rest. Soon the firemen came and put out the fire which unfortunately spread to the next classroom.

The principal held a megaphone and a lot of us was making noise." Attention Students!, hello?" no one was hearing him.

Suddenly a loud air horn sound was blown. Everyone was shocked. It was Coach who blew the horn.

"Thank you, due to the sudden fire, all remaining classes are canceled-" Everyone started cheering.

"For today only! you will continue classes tomorrow, we will send an email to all your parents about the incident so as not to worry them," she said.

Me and my brothers were about to go home but - " Hey guys, since school is early, why don't we all hang out? '' said a guy that I didn't know. Turns out it was one of Alex's Friends. And eventually, Josh's friends asked him to hang out and it was left only me and Nick. Of course, Nick has always been a loner, people do ask to hang out with him, but he prefers to be alone and just hangs out and plays online games.

"Let's go Auri!" Said Nick. I followed him and then I heard someone shouting Nick's name loudly and then mine.

"Nick! Aurora!" I looked in the direction where that voice was from and saw Brooklyn. She was running towards us and so was the gang.

"Do you want to hang out at Briar's Family Cafe? Nick, you can especially join too," she asked. "I mean... Um because siblings should stick together"

*Nice safe, I guess?*

"Sure, I got nothing to do. Lead the way" Nick said while putting his hands in his hoodie pocket.

We reached the cafe, we asked for our original booth with the great view of the garden and it turns out we all could fit in it since it's round and huge. The first time I noticed that all of the gang was here together at the same time. I was about to sit next to Nick until I saw a blur swoop next to me. It was Brooklyn.

I then saw another flash of blur swoop beside me and it was Ryder.

*Okay.... Do I need new glasses or are they both the flash all of a sudden?*

We all started to order and when it was my turn to order. "I'll take the salad," I said before the waitress went away.

"Salad? Auri, you hate salads. Why didn't you order the spicy burger?" Nick asked me.

"I am just watching what I eat, you know that" I replied

"Auri, you don't have to lose weight, you look great. You should not be ashamed" Nick said

"He is right, you know, you look beautiful, Princess," Ryder said looking at me

Everyone's eyes widened "Princess?!" Said, everyone.

"Yeah long story, it started with Sleeping Beauty and ended with my little sister," Ryder answered. "And you should not limit yourself to things you love and if you are healthy. Who cares what people think."

I saw Nick's pleased reaction in the corner of my eye. I was happy at least one brother was okay with Ryder and me being friends.

"Oh, I wanted to ask, what happened to me during PE?" I asked

Everyone was looking at each other. "Well, you fell into the pool, don't you remember?" Said, Mikayla.

"Yeah, I remember that but how? All I remember was a violent push behind me and then I fell into the pool. Who pushed me?" I asked again.

"Wait, pool? Auri you can't swim!" Nick said with a shocked expression on his face.

"It was one of Heather's friends!" Kimi screamed while her face turned red.

" Kimi, please calm down." Said K trying to cool her down

"Yeah, they literally pushed you and then laughed at you," Mikayla explained.

"Then what happened after she pushed me?" I asked

" Liam came running to you and became Aquaman, saved you, and gave you CPR," said Marcus

"You had shallow breathing, so we were all worried. So you really can't swim?" asked Liam. I just shook my head.

"Why don't I teach you?" asked Liam.

"Yeah, Liam is a good swimmer, Just say he is born with a tail." Jokingly said, Sonia.

*Oh! The tail!*

"That reminds me, there was a funny memory I had about that, under the pool, I kinda saw something or someone with a Tail coming towards me, like a fishtail, maybe ." I jokingly said and Nick chuckled.

But I noticed that the rest went quiet and they only started laughing later on but awkwardly.

*What was that about? What is a bad joke? I know I'm not a comedian but....*

After that when we got our meals we started chatting normally about school and how it sucks that we have to go back again. I also noticed that Nick and Brooklyn were getting along really well. I talked to Brooklyn too, she is a nice girl.

But the whole time I noticed that Ryder had a cold expression on his face ever since we talked about the incident. He seemed upset somehow, I wish I knew what was going on in his head.

We went back home and saw that our brothers reached there before us and I went to change into my pajamas and was reading manga online until I heard the door.

"Hey Sis, can I ask you something?" asked Nick while he was leaning on my doorway.

"Shoot!" I said while looking worriedly. "What's wrong?"

"You know when we were at the cafe, did Brooklyn kinda you know ...." my brother stuttered.

"Is into you? " I answered

"Yeah, was she?" asked Nick again nervously.

"Yeah, I guess so, she was close to you today. Why? Do you like her?" I asked back.

"I don't think so, she is kinda young for me and the reason I asked is that you're a girl, you might know if other girls are into a guy or something." Explained Nick.

"First of all, You both are only a year apart. Secondly, that is ridiculous." I said.

"Okay, it's just I never really thought of anyone liking me. That's all" Nick said

"Now that is ridiculous! When we were in our old school, you, Alex, and Josh had girls hanging over you guys. I don't see it but they do." I said back to him

" Yeah, I know that. But Brooklyn is different from other girls, she seems determined to get to know me. The girls will just pretend to know me and by the next day will forget what I said like they had amnesia or something. Remember my ex-girlfriend?" he said

"Yeah, Lilian. I remember her using me to get to you." I replied to Nick.

"Yup, her. That is another thing different about Brooklyn, she didn't even use you, she wanted to be close to you genuinely because you are close to Ryder and she said. Quote: 'Any friend of my brother is a friend of mine'. Such a sweet girl!" said Nick while he was daydreaming.

"Well, I think it's off to bed '' I started yawning." The fire may get us out of school today but we have to be back tomorrow.'' I climb onto my bed, getting under the blanket.

"Yeah, I wonder how that fire got started, maybe someone put the wrong chemicals together or something. Good thing that no one was hurt. Also, another weird thing I noticed was some of the lockers were open, it was kinda weird. Who knows? Good Night Auri sleeps tight" Nick went to his room.

What he said made me wonder.

* there was an explanation for the fire but the lockers? It was kinda weird that there was no link to both incidents. It all started when I was sneezing and coincidentally all this happened. Maybe it is nothing!*

I felt the cold air and my nose started to come in with a sneeze

"Achoo!" I sneezed

Suddenly a gust of wind came and my stuff flew out from their places. The pencil box I left on the table was on the floor, my clothes hanging near my wardrobe suddenly fell and even my phone dropped.

*now that is weird, what is going on with me? did I do that?!*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

483 62 13
Camilla is given a new life... a life away from her past...she believes. Despite her odds, this time, she manages to conceal it. But until when?.... ...
45.7K 1.9K 46
{completed} Book 1 Aurora has been controlled by her entitled mother from the moment she was born. When she's finally given the chance to escape int...
873 119 53
Ronnie thought nothing could go wrong in her life until her family disappears one day and her life starts to spiral downwards. To be able to survive...