The Black Gem

By RSPBLiterature

Deep in an abandoned Diamond facility lies a dormant Gem. However this Gem is waking up and it is no ordinary... More

1. The Black Gem
2. Welcome to Beach City
3. Catch and Release
4. When It Rains
Thank you!
5. Back To The Barn
Wtf guys...
6. Too Far
7. The Answer
8. It Could Of Been Great
9. Message Received
10. Log Date 7 15 2
11. Super Watermelon Island
12. Gem Drill
13. Same Old World
14. Barn Mates
15. Hit The Diamond
16. A Fresh Start
Behind the scenes.
17. Too Short To Ride
18. Monster Reunion
19. Alone At Sea
20. Gem Hunt
21. Seeking The Truth
22. Bismuth
23. Beta
24. Earthlings
25. Back To The Moon
26. Bubbled
27. Kindergarten Kid
28. Last One out of Beach City
29. Gem Harvest
30. Steven's Dream
31. Adventures In Light Distortion
32. Gem Heist/ The Zoo
33. That Will Be All
34. The New Crystal Gems
35. Storm In The Room
36. Room For Ruby
37. Are You My Dad?
38. I Am My Mom
39. Stuck Together / The Trial
40. Off Colours/ Lars's Head
41. Gemcation
42. Raising The Barn
43. Back To The Kindergarten
44. Your Mother and Mine
45. Can't Go Back
46. A Single Pale Rose
47. Now We're Only Falling Apart
49. The Question
50. Made Of Honor
51.Reunited
52. Legs from here to Homeworld
53. Familiar
54. Together Alone
55. Escapism.
56. Change Your Mind
57. The Movie
58. Little Homeschool
59. It Was All Yellow
60. Rose Buds
61. Volleyball
62. Bluebird
63. Snow Day
64. Why So Blue?
65. Prickly Pair
66. In Dreams
67. Growing Pains
68. Fragments.
69. Homeworld Bound
70. Everything is Fine
71. I am my Monster
72. The Future
Being Human
Fanart
Fanart part 2
Question
Discord server!!

48. What's Your Problem

20.2K 727 438
By RSPBLiterature

So we got our goal of 10k in votes!! Thank you so much everyone!

Me when I receive fan art for the story :3

Sapphire picks up the note and begins to read it.

"Sapphire, you were right. I need some time to think, so I am running away? Ruby." Sapphire reads out the letter. "This can't be happening." Sapphire starts crying. "Oh Ruby, I'm so sorry. You left before I can take back all the horrible things I said to you."

Pearl takes the letter off of Sapphire's hand and reads it as well.

"Well... Amethyst was with her, right? Maybe she knows she went." Pearl suggests. 

Electronic sounds are heard, and the group finds Amethyst playing video games on Steven's bed.

"Amethyst, have you seen Ruby?" Y/n asks.

"Yeah, I've seen her. Huh, she asked me for a pen and paper a while ago. Why?" Amethyst asks

"Because, she ran away!" Pearl says and she shoves the letter in Amethyst's face. "Did you see where she went?"

"I don't know, maybe she'll come back. It's not my job to babysit her." Amethyst pauses the game. "Hey, Steven! Get over here, I need a Player Two!" Amethyst says.

"Hold on a second, Amethyst." Steven says.

 "Do you perhaps see her coming back in your future vision?" Y/n asks Sapphire.

"Oh? Oh! Maybe! But... She's so wonderful... and spontaneous! I have no idea what she could- Why would she be a cowboy?!" Sapphire sobs confused.

Sapphire clings to Y/n's legs and begins sobbing loudly. Pearl pats Sapphirer's head, kneels down to her level and holds Sapphire's hands.

"There, there. It's going to be okay. She's going to come back! She's got to come back! If she doesn't then... then, there would be no more Garnet. And... what on Earth would we do without Garnet?" Pearl says.

"Oh, Pearl! How will I ever get her back?!" Sapphire sobs.

Pearl embraces Sapphire, as Sapphire clings to Pearl's arm, visibly trembling.

"I- I don't know! You two are incredible together! It can't be over! It can't be!!" Pearl cries.

Both Pearl and Sapphire begin sobbing loudly together, while Amethyst and Y/n watch on uncomfortably.

"Uhh... Y/n I think one of those is your problem." Amethyst says referring to Pearl.

Y/n turns to Amethyst. "There is nothing I could do that will stop those two right now..." He sighs. "We need to find Ruby." 

Amethyst groans. "Why don't you two take all of this into the Temple? Steven and I are going to play some video games while Y/n looks for Ruby." Amethyst says. 

"No, no, it's ok! Don't worry Sapphire. We're gonna go out and find Ruby." Steven says.

"What?" Amethyst asks.

"Y/n and I will be right back with her in no time." Steven says.

"We'll be back as soon as we find her." Y/n says to Pearl and Sapphire. "T--Thank you!" The two say and begin to cry more.

Y/n and Steven walk off, leaving Amethyst behind, while Pearl and Sapphire continue to sob loudly.

"Yo Y/n, Steven, wait up! I'm coming too."

Steven and Y/n begin looking around while Amethyst unenthusiastically walks up to them.

"I don't think Ruby used the Warp Pad. She said she was running away, not warping away; she's usually pretty literal. We just need to figure out which direction she ran in." Steven says to the two.

"This could be difficult." Y/n says crossing his arms.

"So, how are we gunna do that?" Amethyst asks. 

"Uh... Let's try putting ourselves in Ruby's shoes."

Amethyst shapeshifts into Ruby. "Heheheh, now what?" She asks.

"Amusing but not the right time." Y/n says.

"Amethyst, be serious." Steven says. 

Amethyst looks unamused.

"She could've only gone in one of two directions, either into town, or into the ocean." Steven says and points at the two. 

Steven and Amethyst ponder for a moment and Y/n sighs.

"Let's check the Ocean first..." Y/n says.

Steven, Y/n and Amethyst decide to search around the ocean first for Ruby.

Steven is in his bubble shield to stop him from drowning.  "Ruby! Ruuuby!" Steven calls out. 

"Ruby!" Both Y/n and Amethyst call out but it's muffled underwater.

Y/n, Steven and Amethyst exits the ocean, after searching for Ruby with no luck.

"Okay... So... She wasn't underwater..." Steven says trying to keep his hopes up.

"Is there any place that holds special meaning to Garnet, Ruby or Sapphire in Beach City?" Y/n asks.

"Hmm.. I don't think so." Steven says but is unsure.  

The three start walking towards Beach City.

"Ruby!?" Steven calls out.

"Ruby!" Y/n calls out.

 "Ruby..." Amethyst unenthusiastically says.

Amethyst nudges a seashell on the sand gently with her foot.

"Ruby?" Amethyst asks.

"I have high doubts that she's hiding under a seashell." Y/n says.

"Maybe Ruby shapeshifted really small! You never know." Amethyst says.

Amethyst shapeshifts really small and climbs inside the seashell.

"What a spacious house! I'll keep it." Amethyst jokes.

Steven picks up the seashell. "Amethyst... You know I love these great goofs but..." Steven sighs. "I'm worried about Ruby, can you stop messing around and turn back to normal."

"You're the boss." Amethyst shapeshifts back to her normal size, bursting out of the seashell and falling on top of Steven, who is unimpressed. Y/n picks Amethyst up off of Steven.

Steven sighs and sits up. "We need to think... Where would Ruby go if she ran away? Is there anyone in town that she knows?" Steven says.

"What about Greg would he know?" Y/n asks. 

"Hey yeah maybe she went to see Dad!" Steven says.

Y/n, Steven and Amethyst arrive at Greg's car wash, and Steven peeks into the shop while Y/n and Amethyst wait outside. .

"Doesn't look like she's here." Steven says.

"Dead end, huh?" Amethyst says.

"We're just going to have to keep looking." Y/n says.

Steven frantically searches for Ruby, while Y/n and a disengaged Amethyst follows him around. At Vidalia's garage, Steven draws a missing poster for Ruby, and Vidalia gives a thumbs-up in approval.

Y/n helps Steven paste a copy of the missing poster on Peedee's food truck, while Amethyst orders a tray full of fry bits. Amethyst offers the fry bits to Steven, but he walks away, ignoring Amethyst, and she takes a bite of the bits in dejection.

At the pier fun fair, Y/n Steven and Amethyst ride on the teacup ride. Amethyst is having a blast while Y/n seems to be enjoying the ride. Steven scatters the posters all around the fair grounds. Afterwards, Amethyst wins a prize from a game booth to get Steven's attention, but Steven is too focused searching for Ruby. Y/n gives her a thumbs up.

At the top of the lighthouse, Steven searches all around town using Ronaldo's telescope, while an uninterested Amethyst carries him on her shoulders. Looking through the telescope, he spots Bill Dewey sweeping outside the Big Donut, Sadie hanging out with the Cool Kids, and Onion emerging from some bushes and noticing Steven, but no Ruby.

Steven peeks through the windows into the pizzeria. "She's not in here either... This is where I'd go if I was feeling down... Pizza always cheers me up."

"So, why don't we get some?" Amethyst says. 

"But... We haven't found Ruby yet." Steven says.

"I agree with Amethyst. We've searching for Ruby all day, A break would be a good idea." Y/n says. 

"See even Y/n agrees with me. Look Steven, it's cool you wanna help Ruby, but... What about you?" Amethyst asks.

Steven looks down in reluctance.

"Come on! Let's forget about Ruby for a moment and get some pizza!" Amethyst tries to push Steven 

"I'm not hungry!" Steven's stomach suddenly starts growling. "Maybe I'm a little hungry?"

"Let us get some Pizza." Y/n says. 

Y/n, Steven and Amethyst sit at a table inside as Kiki serves one extra large pizza onto the table and then a normal large sized pizza in front of Y/n.

"Here's your pizza, with literally all the toppings." Kiki says. "And here's your order one pizza with all your favourites." Kiki says to Y/n. 

"Yessss...!" Amethyst says looking at the pizza filled with toppings.

"Thank you." Y/n says.

"You're welcome. Oh, and here. You two are gonna need these." Kiki hands a spoon to Steven and Amethyst.

"Thanks!" Steven says.

"Yeah, thanks man!" Amethyst says.

"You're welcome!" Kiki says as she walks off.

Steven grabs the spoon and begins picking the food a little. Amethyst grabs a slice of pizza and rolls it up.  Y/n grabs a slice from his own pizza and begins to eat it normally.

"So... Pink Diamond, huh?" Amethyst says at the table.

" Yep..." Steven says. Y/n looks at Steven and Amethyst a little worried. Steven scoops up some of the toppings with his spoon and eats it, while Amethyst takes a big bite of her pizza.

"Mmm... Rose Quartz, eh?" Amethyst pushes a little and Y/n stops eating.

"Mm-hmm..." Steven replies.

"So... All this time... You thought Rose was this rebel leader, but... She was just rebelling against herself?" Amethyst says still confused about the situation.

"Apparently." Steven says.

"And the Diamond that Rose supposedly shattered. I mean... You've got it. It's right there under your shirt." Amethyst says and Steven lifts up his shirt, glances at his gem and nods.

"Yeah.." Steven says.

"Steven, How are you feeling' about all this?" Y/n asks.

"I feel... confused. I-I thought I'd really finally got it. That Mom didn't have everything figured out, even though everybody put her way up on this pedestal, but... now I guess she's royalty too?" Steven says and both Amethyst and Y/n nod in understanding. "I'm relieved that she didn't shatter anyone, but... She lied to everyone. I mean... I'm not surprised. I knew she was a liar. But this is just... so much." Steven adds and he grabs a slice of pizza and attempts to eat it, but the toppings falls off his slice onto the table.

"But like... Aren't you mad?" Amethyst pushes.

"Kind of? I don't know... I can see how she was good and bad... and bad and good." Steven says as he wraps the fallen toppings in a napkin. "But I... I guess what really matters right now is how hard Garnet took it."

Amethyst slams her fists on the table to both Y/n and Steven's surprise. 

"But what about you?! She's your mom! You were always under all this pressure to be like her! But... Was she even like her?! Was anyone ever like her?!" Amethyst says angry. Amethyst begins digging into the pizza with her spoon, while a shocked Steven listens to her rant. 

"She was supposed to be so great! She was supposed to know everything! And... Ugh... She was supposed to make everything better! It's not fair! We shouldn't have to deal with any of this, we shouldn't have to fix any of this, we weren't around for a stupid war! This... is everyone else's problem... This has nothing to do with me..." Amethyst continues.

Steven stares intently at Amethyst, and Y/n furrows his brow. Amethyst flusters in response. 

"And you! This has nothing to do with you!" Amethyst says.

"Amethyst. Are you perhaps angry with Rose as well?" Y/n asks.

"Yeah are you okay Amethyst?" Steven asks.

Amethyst slams her fists on the table again. "No! I mean... Yes! Of course, I'm okay! Ugh... I'm trying to find out how you feel about all this Steven! Ugh! She's... your mom, okay? Doesn't really affect me." She says but Y/n doesn't really believe her when she says it.

Just then, Jenny enters the pizzeria.

"Dude! Kiki, I just got the biggest tip from Mr. Universe and I'm totally gonna buy those boots now!" Jenny says excited.

"Woah... Seriously?" Kiki asks.

"Yeah! He was like all the way out on Brooding Hill, which is totally out of our delivery radius, comforting some little friend! She must've been crying because she was like really red." Jenny says.

Y/n, Amethyst & Steven all look at one another.  "Ruby!"

"Let me handle this, Steven! No more adult should be putting anything else on you. Just let someone else take care of it for once!" Amethyst says.

Amethyst stomps outside and Steven chases after her. Y/n quickly grabs a slice from his pizza and runs out after them.

"Amethyst, wait! There's someone else who needs help even more, and it's you! Amethyst, we need to talk!" Steven says.

"Uhh... Can't now, bud." Amethyst say and shapeshifts into a helicopter. "Going to find Ruby!" Amethyst takes off into the sky. 

"Oh no." Steven says.

"I think your the best person to talk to Amethyst about this I'll throw you at her. You ready?" Y/n says to Steven.

Steven quickly nods and Y/n put his slice of pizza in his mouth as he picks Steven up, He looks at Amethyst in the sky and hurls Steven towards her. Y/n bites down on his pizza and sprouts his water wings.

Steven flies through the sky after Amethyst and once he reaches her he clings onto her back.

"Let me help you with your feelings!" Steven says.

"Get off my back, dude!" Amethyst shouts out. 

Amethyst tries to shake Steven off her back.

"Wuh- Come on! You can- Ugh!- Talk to me!" Steven says.

Steven is flung onto Amethyst's leg, and Amethyst begins twirling around, trying to shake Steven off.

"Geh uh- Euh! If you open up you'll feel so much better!"

Steven loses grip and is flung upwards, landing onto Amethyst's head, where the helicopter seats are.

"Come on! You're hiding something!" Steven says determined.

"Get out of my head, Steven!" Amethyst cries. 

"Am I getting too personal?" Steven asks.

"Dude, you're literally inside my head!" Amethyst says.

"Amethyst, look out!" Steven shouts.

Distracted by Steven, Amethyst accidentally collides into the Water Tower and begins diving towards the ground. "We're crashing!!" She cries.

"But... How does that make you feel?!" Steven shouts.

The pair crash-lands into the beach. Steven slowly gets up and sits up, while Amethyst is seen lying on the ground, with her face dragged across and buried into the sand.

"A-Amethyst?" Steven asks worried.

Amethyst gets up. "You wanna know how I feel, Steven?!"

"I thought I was pretty clear about that." Steven says.

"I thought I was pretty clear too! I feel like I don't wanna say, "What about me?" Okay!? And I don't want to be bent out of shape! I don't wanna be stuck in the past, and I'm not responsible for what Rose did! None of us are! Not you... Not Pearl...Not Y/n... And not Garnet! But I am responsible for me! And right now, I am NOT gonna dump another thousand-year-old complex on you or anybody else! I'm ending it right here! I am the ding-dong sunshine future; your friend forever! And I'm not gonna fall apart on you." Amethyst says.

"Amethyst.." Steven says shocked.

"So Steven, how do you feel?" Amethyst asks.

 "Pretty good." Steven replies.

"... Good." Amethyst says.

Suddenly a figure floats down to them and they see it is Y/n.

"Do you feel more at ease now Amethyst?" Y/n asks. 

"Yeah. I guess I was just annoyed with this whole thing being dumped on Steven you know." Amethyst says as she sits next to Steven and flops backwards onto the ground.

"Have you been trying to cheer me up this whole time?" Steven asks.

"Yesss...! Geez... Don't you know you deserve it? You... Great... Person?" Amethyst says.

Steven and Amethyst remain silently on the beach for a moment while Y/n moves and sits beside them.

"Hey, Amethyst?" Steven says

"What?" She replies. 

"I can't believe I'm going to say this, but... I think you're officially the second most mature Crystal Gem. Just behind Y/n." Steven says. 

"Oh... No...! Ugh, gross! That's what this is, isn't it?" Amethyst says.

"Yeah... Pretty much." Steven chuckles.

Amethyst begins pretend-flailing around like a child. "No! Nyooooooh!"

Y/n chuckles and Amethyst and Steven laugh together in joy.

"I hate to destroy the moment you two, But we still have to find Ruby." Y/n says. 

"Yeah." Steven says getting up.

"Alright. Let's go." Amethyst says.

Y/n sprouts his water wings and Amethyst shapeshifts into a helicopter and begins flying with Steven into the sky. Y/n flies alongside them and Steven soon spots Greg and Ruby sitting on top of Brooding Hill.

"There they are!" Steven cries and points them out.

"Target spotted!" Amethsyt says.

"Let's go in for a landing!" Steven says.

Y/n and Amethyst begin to fly closer towards the two. 

And that's the chapter!! I hope you all enjoyed it. Please don't forget to vote and comment on the story as it all really helps :3  As promised there will be 2 chapters this week so the next chapter shall be out on Friday! See you all next time in...

The Question. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.6K 2.3K 51
you, the reader, are an off colour Male gem, a turquoise, to be exact. This story is kind of a ship story. Turquoise, being an outcast, has mysteriou...
26.3K 437 37
Sally was supposedly a girl with amnesia. She is a girl who was found by two humans. Scientists can't explain what she is, nor can anyone else. When...
136K 1.9K 14
Takes place a few months after The Trial. So Steven doesn't know he has Pink Diamonds gem yet. What if Blue Diamond found out that Steven wasn't Ros...
3.8K 92 24
Faux Diamond used to be an ordinary human girl, that was untill she was captured by the Gem Home World. As time passed by, she looses all her memory...