Entangled

By _SoloBird_

Entangled Book #1 -Wattpad featured story- Ariana Jones is a sweet, innocent, and smart girl who has been bat... More

Author's Note
Cast...
Prologue
Chapter-1
Chapter-2
Chapter-3
Chapter-4
Chapter-5
Chapter-6
Chapter-7
Chapter-8
Chapter-9
Chapter-10
Chapter-11
Chapter-12
Chapter-13. Part-I
Chapter-13. Part-II
Chapter-14
Chapter-15
Chapter-16
Chapter-17
Chapter-18
Chapter- 19
Chapter- 20
Chapter-21
Chapter- 22
Chapter-23
Chapter- 24
Chapter-25
Chapter-26
Chapter-27
Chapter-28
Chapter-29
Chapter-30
Chapter-31
Chapter-32
Chapter-33
Chapter-34
Chapter-35
Chapter-36
Chapter-37
Chapter-38
Chapter-39
Chapter-40
Chapter-41
Chapter-42
Chapter-43
Chapter-44
Chapter-45
Chapter-46
Chapter-47
Chapter-48
Chapter-49
Chapter-50
Chapter-51
Chapter-52
Chapter-53
Chapter-54
Chapter-55
Chapter-56
Chapter-57
Chapter-58
Chapter-60
Chapter-61
Chapter-62
Epilogue
New Book

Chapter-59

195K 7.7K 2.5K
By _SoloBird_

Xavier Knight

"Welcome everyone" My dad starts off his speech, standing at the podium on the stage. The hall was filled with news reporters of different channels, other media personnel, and some special guests.

"Today, we have gathered here to know the future of my company which I have been running since I graduated. Softtech Corp. has been running successfully since then. The best of the best team has created much brilliant software over the years maintaining the trust of our clients. To continue the trust and faith, I wanted my son to take over the company to continue the Knight's legacy but he has built his own empire which he and his friends are running very well. Seeing his progress, for once, I thought of selling the company but Xavier didn't let me. He never wanted me to let go of the hard work put into the business. He wanted time to set up his own business so I gave him all the time he wanted." He paused for a second then continued.

"Now, as my son is ready for the responsibilities, so today, I, Rupert Knight announce my retirement. Finally, I'll be a free bird. I'll be able to give more time to my lovely wife. She complains a lot about that." The crowd erupted in fits of laughter. He too was laughing, which caused mom to blush.

"Now, as the throne has been passed on to my son, it's in his hands how he handles it. He has got every right to decide for the company. Now I think my son should say a few words. Xavier, come up here." Dad gestured me to step on the stage. When I did, he passed me the mic to speak.

"Welcome everyone. Today I'm really glad that I freed my father from his responsibilities. He has done so much for me and is still doing. I know how business works... so dad, yes, finally you can give your time to mom." I chuckled. "Talking about the future of Softtech Corp, It'll be great, I assure you," I said with determination.

"There's something more I wanted to add. As you all know that I along with my friends runs a business and I have many other businesses running, so it'll be difficult for me to give all my attention to Softtech Corp. So, discussing this with my father, I have concluded that a highly talented and deserving leader should be appointed as CEO to run the company."

As soon as those words left my mouth, murmurs started erupting in the hall. All the media personnel bombarded me with questions.

"Is the person already appointed?"

"Who is the person?"

"Is that person from your family?"

"Where is that person?"

"Is that person a Knight too?"

"Okay okay, silence, please. I'll answer your every question. Let me start.. yes, that person is already appointed and yes, that person is from my family and yes, that person is a Knight." I said.

"Is that person here?"

"Can we meet him?"

"Yes, the person is here. Let me introduce you all to that person."

"So everyone, please welcome the new CEO of Softtech Corp....Mrs. Ariana Xavier Knight, my wife."

The hall filled with the sound of gasps, all the media members stood up from their respective chairs in shock and started asking questions like a maniac.

No question reached my ears as all my senses were on the lady who walked up the stage as she owns it. The confidence in her walk and face made me emotional. All the work done on her to boost her confidence paid off. And that dazzling smile of hers took my heart away.

Stepping away from the podium, I walked towards her, took her hand in mine, and as I thought, her hand was cold. I knew she was nervous but not showing it on her face was a huge accomplishment for her. She is a fast learner.

Pulling her closer, I gave a peck on her lips. Her face turned into a shade of pink.

"Xavier we are in front of the media." She scolded me in a whisper.

"So what? I just announced to them that you're my wife. And this is normal between husband & wife." I winked.

"Ariana, You're doing awesome. I'm very proud of you." I whispered to her.

"Thank you. But stay with me." She said in a low whisper.

"Always." Saying that I intertwined my fingers with hers and turned my focus to the raging crowd.

"Quiet everybody," I exclaimed. They all stopped shouting instantly. "I know you all have many questions running in your minds. We'll answer every question, just please ask it one by one." I finished.

"It's a big surprise you just gave. How much time since your wedding?" One of the female reporters asked.

"3 months." I smiled, looking at my wife.

"3 months? Why did you keep it hidden?" Other reporters asked.

"Was waiting for the right moment to reveal," I replied.

"I must say your wife is beautiful." One of the male reporters said which obviously made me stick Ariana closer to me.

"Yes, she is. My wife is the most beautiful woman in the world." I said, giving emphasis on my wife.

"How did you two meet?"

"Luck, that's all I would say," I replied.

Many questions were asked about our relationship and I was the one answering all the questions. Ariana was a bit hesitant. Everything was going well until one of the female reporters asked a question.

"So, she's the new CEO of Softtech Corp just because she's your wife?"

Ariana squeezed my hand tightly. This question made her more nervous.

"I think you weren't listening to what I said. I said that the new CEO is talented and deserving too," I replied with sternness in my voice.

"Does she know anything about business or that field? I mean, is she good enough to handle the responsibility of the software company? There are many deserving candidates, you could have promoted anyone from the company for that position but no, you chose your wife for it. I think being a Knight gave her privilege." A male reporter said mockingly.

I clenched my jaw. How dare he say that? My eyes went on to my dad, Sean, and Daniel. Their faces were also showing displeasure. I was about to show him his place but Ariana stopped me.

"Let me." She whispered, looking into my eyes. The confidence I saw in her eyes made me smirk. She passed one more level successfully. Facing her fears.

"The new CEO will answer your question," I said with a smirk and took one step back and let Ariana own the stage. I let her defend herself on her own. I'll always be there with her but at the back, supporting her. She will face many situations like this and I want her to face them herself. Then only she'll become stronger than she's right now.

"Hello, sir. I hear that you're not pleased with me for being CEO of Softtech Corp. Well, I respect your views, I am not at all displeased because I have accepted the fact that people will always judge without knowing you."

Woha.. What a reply! Did she just really mocked him? I shook my head, smiling like a fool. My friends and parents were smiling too.

"And Yes, you're right, he could have promoted anyone to that post but he chose me because he and the former CEO saw talent in me. They find me deserving enough to run this company. They are not kids, they are masters in their field, they know who and what is good for the company. They will never make a decision that will make them fear to lose their business."

"Coming to me now. Sir, I am a software engineering graduate & I hold a diploma in ethical hacking. And for your information I can develop softwares pretty well. And no, I am not perfect, I am a learner & will learn till my body functions. You don't have to worry about 'will I be able to run the company?' because I'm learning from the best of the best. I may not know many things now but I am confident that one day I will. And Sir, I assure you that I will try my ultimate best not to give you or anybody any chance to complain. So, before judging please just first see my work & have a little trust on me. Thank you."

She answered very calmly, smiling throughout.

Including me, every single person present in the hall cheered and clapped for her. She defended herself in the sweetest way possible. She didn't mock him directly but grilled him with her sweetness by calling him Sir. She showed everyone why she deserves that position, she forced them not to take her lightly. In her short speech, she warned everyone that a new competitor has entered the game.

Taking a step towards her I encircled her waist.

"You nailed it. His face was worth watching for." I chuckled.

"And I think I just got a new competitor," I whispered.

"You yourself created one." She chuckled.

"Hmmm.. if I created that competitor then she must be really tough."

"Are you scared?" She raised an eyebrow, laughing lightly.

"Actually, I am. For the first time in life, I'm scared because my new competitor has enough capability to beat me in my own game."

"You think so? Then the game is on." She winked.

"Game on ma'am." I winked back.

I wish she proves herself to everyone who judges her, who judge every woman for their work. I won't be surprised if she beats me at work because she can, she has got the capability. And honestly, I would love to be called as Ariana Knight's husband.

__________________________________________

Ariana Knight

I was literally trembling inside while answering to the media. I could have chosen to stay quiet and let Xavier defend me but no, I chose to do it by myself. I couldn't let Xavier's hard work on me to go in vain. And besides, I have to act tough if I have to survive in this business.

The photography session started after all the questionings were done. Many photos were clicked but my favorite was the one which includes my whole family, my world, mom, dad, Sean, Daniel, Xavier, and I were there in a single frame.

After that, Xavier introduced me personally to many people. He was so proud of introducing me to them. I was overwhelmed. Even mom and dad introduced me as their daughter-in-law to their special guests.

I wanted to meet my friends, I saw their faces from the stage. They all had shock painted on their faces. So, excusing myself from the guests I approached my friends.

"You got to be kidding me! I'm literally freaking out right now." Lauren almost shouted the moment I reached there. I bit my lower lip and smiled.

"Goodness, I have been training you to seduce your own husband? And that too Mr. Knight?" Lauren said loudly making my face heat up.

"Lauren.," I whisper yelled.

"Don't Lauren me. I'm still trying to digest all this." She raised her hands in the air.

"Are you not happy?" I asked in a low tone.

"Yes, exactly I am not... Wait, what? Why won't I be happy? Goodness, Ariana." She embraced me in a tight hug. " I'm really happy." She whispered and slightly moved away and held my shoulders. "I'm sorry if I behaved strangely, I was just freaking out. I have always told you that I want you to end up with Mr. Knight. And now that I know you're already his wife.. I'm.. I'm just getting emotional." Her voice cracked. I immediately pulled her in a hug again.

"I'll always pray that you two always stay happy, healthy, and together." She mumbled. My eyes too moistened up.

"Thank you, Lauren," I mumbled.

"And no matter what, I am going to be the godmother of your child. Goodness, I am eagerly waiting to hold your little one." She squealed making me blush. She poked my cheek making all of us laugh.

"This was something unpredictable. But I'm really happy for you Ariana. Secretly, I was shipping you two but I never knew you two were already married." Mrs. Miller chuckled and gave me a warm hug.

"Thank you, Mrs. Miller." I smiled.

"So he's the lucky one," Kevin said.

"I'm the lucky one," I replied and gave him a friendly hug.

"I'm genuinely happy for you." He whispered.

"Won't you introduce me to your girlfriend?" I asked.

He then introduced me to Eva, his girlfriend. "Goodness, I always dreamt about him thinking that he's single but no, he's married," Eva said in disbelief.

"Can't help it." I chuckled.

"Don't tell me Sean and Daniel are also married." She squeaked.

"No, they are not." I laughed.

"Can I meet your husband...If that's okay with you." She asked innocently.

"Eva, I am your boyfriend and I. Am. Standing right beside you still, you're thinking of him?" Kevin said in displeasure. Eva's face got dull and she pouted.

"Kevin, this is not right. She's just a fan of him and I don't think there's anything wrong in meeting the one you admire. It's not that she's going away from you. You should have trust in her." I scolded him.

"I am sorry. Okay, you can meet him." Kevin smiled. Eva squealed and hugged Kevin.

"I like you already." She said hugging me.

I then took her to meet Xavier who was talking to some guests. I asked Xavier to excuse himself from them and come to me. When he came I introduced him to Eva.

"Xavier, this is Eva, she is... Whoa..." I squealed in surprise when out of nowhere Eva lunged onto him, embracing him in a tight hug.

"I'm your big fan. I always wanted to meet you." She said excitedly. I laughed at Xavier's reaction who was blushing very hard and had shock plastered on his face. Obviously, she caught him off guard. Sean and Daniel approached us and joined me in laughing.

"Okay, I get it. Can you please step back?" When Xavier said that Eva pulled away but the smile didn't leave her lips.

"Xavier, she is Kevin's girlfriend." I chuckled.

"Oh okay, hello Miss?" He asked.

"Just call me Eva." She waved her hand in front of him. Daniel snickered beside me. I nudged him in the stomach.

"Oh okay, Miss Eva..nice to meet you." He smiled awkwardly. This time I snickered too. He's so cute. He glanced at me and raised an eyebrow which made me stop snickering. He mouthed something which I didn't get but I knew I was in trouble.

"Since when you started blushing Xavier?" Daniel laughed.

"She truly is big fan of you," Sean said, stifling his laugh. They were teasing him. They have teased me too many times and I had a perfect idea to take my revenge on them.

"Actually she's two of your fan too," I exclaimed looking at them. Then I turned to Eva." Eva, I think you didn't see that Sean and Daniel are here too."

Squealing she jumped onto them hugging two of them together. This time Xavier couldn't stop his laughter because Sean & Daniel were having same expressions like Xavier was having moments ago.

"Let them have a fan and celebrity moment. Come Ari, I have something to talk to you." Saying that, Xavier dragged me backstage in a silent place.

Pushing me softly against the wall, he didn't give me even a second to register what was happening and crashed his lips on mine. Encircling his arm around my waist, he pulled me closer to him. I returned the kiss with equal passion and need. My hand automatically moved up to hold the lapels of his suit when I felt my legs turning onto jelly.

"I was dying to kiss you senseless since the moment you walked on the stage." He said, breaking the kiss. We both were trying to catch our breath.

"Why were you laughing when she hugged me?" He frowned.

"Because that was funny." I chuckled.

"Funny? You weren't jealous?" His frown hardened.

"Jealous? Why?" This time I frowned.

"Why? Some other female hugged your husband in your presence and you are not jealous? Don't you fear that they might try to take your husband away from you?" He asked. I smiled and kissed his cheek.

"Xavier, I am aware of your fan following. And I know that there are lots and lots of females who swoon over you, they will always try anything to catch a glimpse of you or to touch you. I will never be jealous of those females because I know they are just your fan, they can never take you away from me." I said looking into his eyes, rubbing his stubble with my thumb.

"And most importantly I know my husband, I trust my husband. He will never do anything which will hurt my feelings. And if by chance...anybody ever tries to take you away from me, he or she has to go through me first."

"Because you are mine," I exclaimed and pecked his lips.

"And you're mine." He kissed my forehead.

"I love the way you claimed your possession on me." He smiled broadly.

"If you can claim your possession on me then I can too." I shrugged.

"And Xavier, I know that I said that I won't be jealous but don't ever pull any stunt to try make me jealous." I playfully narrowed my eyes at him.

"Oh? But I will. I would love to see a jealous wife. You know a little jealousy is healthy in relationships unless it causes misunderstandings." He caressed my cheek.

"And you know, I love this new Ariana. Confident and flirty." He smirked and I blushed.

"What if I returned back to old Ariana? Won't you love me then?" I asked.

"I will always love you, no matter what. In any shape, size or behavior, you will always be mine. I will never stop loving you." He said, cupping my face between his hands.

Removing his hands from my face, I snaked my arms around his torso and rested my face on his chest. His one hand encircled my waist and one hand stroked my hair.

Peaceful; that's what I felt. Embracing him, I embraced my future. He's my peace, my home, my future, he's my everything.

He gave me new life, new confidence, new identity. He changed me..for good.

And I wish I make him more proud by working hard. I hope that I never let him down. I wish that his trust never fades away on me. I wish to become a good wife for him. I wish to become a better person for him.

________________________________________

Thank you for reading...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

204K 5.1K 35
Hailey Baxter signed a marriage contract with Xavier Anderson, billionaire of Anderson Inc, as she needed money to pay for her mother's hospital bill...
43.6K 1.5K 97
Meet Sarah, 20 years, a sweet and tender-hearted young girl, who, despite facing the harshness of life, always puts others' needs before her own. Her...
2.3M 132K 53
Entangled Book #2 Life is short; it should be full of fun. These are the words of Daniel Adams. Daniel Adams is playful, joyous, and is full of life...
162K 2.8K 100
!Book one out of four! There is a part two to this book you don't have to read it but if you would like to it's called "My princess to the Black Wido...