straytwice series 1 » y.ji...

By AIKAHIRAISSI

❝in which jeongin fell in love to his bestfriend's sister.❞ [ english | narrative | epistolary ] ©AIKAHIRAISSI More

author's note
000 | prologue
001
002
003
004
005
006
007
008
009
010
011
012
013
014
015
016
017
018
019
020
021
023
024
025
026
027
028
029
030
031
032
033
034
035
036
037
038
039 | epilogue
poll
promotion

022

381 15 0
By AIKAHIRAISSI

Jeongin crossed his arms, leaning his back on the headboard. They're still inside Seungmin's room. Jinyoung and Felix are now playing because he lost on their last match.

Jeongin watched Nayeon feed Jinyoung with the piece of pizza. Well, that was him before. It's supposed to be him in Jinyoung's position. He just looked away and fixed his eyes on the screen.

Seungmin went out from the bathroom and sat beside Jeongin, lazily. He dropped an arm on Jeongin's shoulder and then chuckled.

Jeongin looked at him, weirdly. "What?"

Seungmin shook his head while still smiling like crazy. "Nothing."

"You're so weird." Jeongin said.

"So," Seungmin faced him, ignoring what he said. "You're really dating Chaeryeong, huh?" he asked with loud voice.

Jeongin's eyes went wide as he was about to cover Seungmin's mouth to shut him up when he remember the deal between him and Chaeryeong.

He slowly chuckled, "Yeah. I think the blind date thing really worked."

"Thanks to us!" Felix shouted from the front.

Jeongin just smiled. It's working.

"But I didn't really expect that you will like her- not because of her but you," Seungmin pointed at Jeongin, emphasizing the last word. "-are just too awkward around with girls. You're always like 'you don't have time for girlfriends'. Right, noona?"

Jeongin looked at Nayeon, waiting for her reaction.

Nayeon chewed the food in her mouth before she answered. "People change, I guess." she said nonchalantly.

Seungmin laughed. "I guess so." He talked about random things next, then bugging Felix so he will lose and he succeed.

"Damn you, Seungmin! I will kill you!" Felix starts punching Seungmin.

Jinyoung chuckled. "It was a nice game, Felix." he looked at his wristwatch. "But I still have somewhere else to go." he smiled at them. "Nice meeting you, guys."

"Yeah, thanks for the food. 'Till next time." Felix winked at him.

Jinyoung grinned. "How 'bout you guys? It's 8. You all should go home, you still have classes for tomorrow, right?"

Seungmin shook his head while smiling cheekily. "Nope. And they're staying for sleepover."

Felix and Jeongin's eyes went wide, including Nayeon.

"Why is it so sudden?" Jeongin asked.

"Why? Best things happen when it's not planned."

Felix nodded. "I totally agree. Right. Sleepover it is."

"And who gave you the permission to? You didn't even tell mom about that." Nayeon put her hands on her waist, raising an eyebrow at the three.

"These two are not strangers-" Seungmin pointed at Felix and Jeongin. "It's not like it's our first time doing this. We've been doing this since we were kids."

Felix nodded. "He's right."

"Still." Nayeon raised her voice. "You could've told mom."

"Ok. I'll call her right now." Seungmin took his phone.

"Too late. You should've told her while she's still here. But since she's not here, I'm older than you so you'll be following me. Means no sleepover."

Seungmin's jaw dropped, out of words with her ruthless sister.

Jinyoung cleared his throat. "Just let them. They don't have class tomorrow so it's fine."

Nayeon glared at him.

"You guys have fun." Jinyoung smiled at them once before he leave and put an arm on her, pulling her with him.

"So it's a yes, right? We're doing sleepover?" Felix asked as soon as the two left.

"I think, no. Noona looks mad." Jeongin said. He thinks she doesn't want them to stay over because of him. She wants to stay away from him as much as possible for her boyfriend.

"Nah. Don't mind her. It's fine. She's just acting weird." Seungmin said.

"I agree. Why would she get too worked up over that?"

"I think I already know the reason." Seungmin whispered but loud enough for Jeongin to hear it.

The three decided to fix the bed and all the stuffs needed for sleepover. Loads of pillows, blankets, snacks, drinks, and board games.

"It's all done!" Felix stretches his arms. "What should we play?"

"Imaginiff?" Seungmin grinned.

"Alright!"

They set up the game and went to the center of the bed.

"Okay, let's suggest two names each." Seungmin said as he took the pen.

"Okay, I'll start. Hmmm. Jisung and JYP."

"JYP? Who's that?"

"Our prof in English, Park Jinyoung."

"JYP." Jeongin chuckled. "My turn. Uhh.. Jaebum hyung and-"

"-Chaeryeong." the two continued in unison.

"No-"

"Chaeryeong it is." Seungmin already wrote the name on the board.

Jeongin just sighed.

"My turn. Yuna and Yeonjun. Two left. Let's decide who."

"Nayeon noona." said Felix.

"Jinyoung hyung." Seungmin smirked.

Jeongin wanted to complain but he can't. Writing Nayeon and Jinyoung's names on the board is not a good idea.

Seungmin was about to write when the door opened.

"I was about to tell you that you can sleepover but it looks like you've already started." Nayeon said nonchalantly. "Just don't disturb me." she said before she closed the door.

"She's scary." Felix said.

"As if we're going to disturb her." Seungmin rolled her eyes. "Let's start."

The game started well for Jeongin. It's already their fifth question but it still hasn't landed on her name nor his name.

"Your turn." Felix gave the dice to Jeongin.

Jeongin threw the dice.

"3... Oh! It's Nayeon noona or Jinyoung hyung?"

What the fucking hell.

"I..." he cleared his throat. "Nayeon noona?" You, idiot. You could've chose Jinyoung.

Seungmin picked a card and read it. "Imagine if Nayeon noona were a 70s movie, which should she be? Love Story? Star Wars? or Jaws?"

"Okay." Jeongin picked a number.

"Done?" Seungmin asked and Jeongin nodded. "Then my answer would be..."

"...Jaws." Seungmin and Felix said in unison.

"I knew we have same brain." Felix grinned at Seungmin.

"It's just there's really only one answer." Seungmin grinned back. "What's your answer, Jeongin?"

Jeongin slowly flipped the card. "It's Love Story. No one won."

"What???!" Felix screamed. "Are you thinking straight, Jeongin??? Why would you choose Love Story???"

Oh, shit. Wrong answer. He could've chosen Star Wars. Idiot.

"W-why can't it be?" he asked nervously.

"Noona is obviously a Jaws! She's just like a shark who's always mad, ready to fight anyone, and will irritate you everytime."

"Well, she's also like a Love Story. Like a sweet girl, looking beautiful every time she smiles, kind and pure, and-" he stopped when he caught the two staring at him with little wide eyes as if they were caught off guard. "I mean..." he tried to explain but nothing came our from his mouth.

"What do you-"

"Yah, he's right. My sister is like that. Stop seeing my sister as a monster, you rascal!" Seungmin hit Felix's head.

"What?? I didn't say she's a monster!"

"But you're describing her like one!" and he hit him again.

The game continued, ignoring Jeongin's long statement about Nayeon. Thanks to Seungmin. They finished the game and decided to just talk about anything.

"So, who's this girl?" Jeongin asked while looking at Felix.

"I met her from a shop. She's really kind and entertaining. I've been going to that shop since I met her just to see her and talk with her. I like her. A lot. But one day, when I visited the shop again, she's not there anymore.. She wasn't there to greet me. So I asked the manager, he told me that she left the job. I asked her whereabouts and went to find her but I can't find her." he looked down. "I still can't find her."

Seungmin put an arm on his shoulder. "We'll help you find her. We promise. Right?" he looked at Jeongin.

"Of course." Jeongin tapped his arm. "You could've told us sooner."

"I'm sorry, I don't want to be a bother." Felix smiled weakly.

"Idiot. You will never be a bother to us. We're brothers, remember?"

"Right."

"So where's this shop she's working at before?" Seungmin asked.

"Grey Eye Records. It's a record shop."

"Wait. That sounds familiar. I think Nayeon noona already mentioned that before." Seungmin closed his eyes tightly, trying to remember something.

"What do you mean?"

"Ah!" he snapped his fingers. "I remember she told me she's going somewhere, and when I asked her where, she said that shop. And she told me she's going to visit a friend."

"So, are you saying that Nayeon noona knows this girl?" Jeongin asked.

"Could be.."

"Shit." Felix cursed before he rushed to the door and he left.

"Where will he go??" Seungmin asked. They stood up and followed him.

They saw him knocking on Nayeon's door impatiently.

"Noona! Please, open the door!" Felix shouted.

The two ran towards him and the door opened.

Nayeon stared at them annoyingly. "What you don't understand in do not disturb me-"

"Do you know Dahyun?"

Her brows furrowed. "What?"

"Kim Dahyun. Do you know her?"

"Of course. She's my friend. Why would-"

"Do you know where she is right now?"

"What? Why are you asking-"

"Just please answer me, noona. Do you know where she is?"

Nayeon paused and stared at him for a while, reading his face before she answered. "She left the country."

"I've been trying to call her these past few days but she's not answering." Nayeon sat on her bed. "I'm also worried about her."

Felix just held his hands tightly while still looking on the floor.

"I think I already know how you met her." Nayeon continued.

"I'll make you guys coffee." Seungmin left the room silently.

"I remember she's been telling me a story about a guy who often visits her shop. I'm always curious who the guy was and now I already know." Nayeon said after the long silence.

"I like her. I wish I could told her sooner before she left."

And silence.

"I'll tell you if she answered my call or text."

Felix nodded. He sniffed. "I'm going back to Seungmin's room. Thanks, noona." he smiled before he slowly walked out from the room.

Jeongin did the same.

Nayeon followed them but before she could close the door, she spoke.

"I wish you won't be like Felix."

Jeongin turned around to look at her. "What do you mean?"

"If you like someone, tell her as soon as possible before you regret it." she smiled. "It's Chaeryeong, right?"

Jeongin looked at her for a while. "It's not that easy. There's always what ifs. I can't just go and tell her how I feel. It will never be that easy." he flashed a smile before saying goodnight and left.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.4K 1.2K 18
[completed] Just Friends? Book 2 Yang Jeongin x Reader. After being able to confess, their relationship starts of great. That is until someone new w...
12.6K 508 36
Jeongin isn't interested in a serious relationship, even hurting others to make sure it stays that way. Until now..... until seungmin, a boy he seems...
6K 192 19
Jeongin's family is toxic. He knows that he's gay, but they're so Christian. But when Jeongin's dad owes a mafia money and his kidnapper accidentally...
709 70 7
[FINISHED] Living in a tourist place, Jeongguk was used to seeing people coming ang going from the houses around his every summer. Until he came alon...