𝗗𝗜𝗘 𝗔 𝗟𝗜𝗧𝗧𝗟𝗘 ☼ 𝗚...

By themazexwolf

ᴅɪᴇ ᴀ ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ. ❝ Sometimes even the cutest people can kick your ass. ❞ ◦✩・・✩◦✩・・✩ George Weasley / Harry Pot... More

extended summary
cast + playlist
aesthetics
act one: 1990-1994
prologue
↘︎ chapter one
↘︎ chapter two
↘︎ chapter three
↘︎ chapter four
↘︎ chapter five
↘︎ chapter six
↘︎ chapter seven
↘︎ chapter eight
↘︎ chapter nine
↘︎ chapter ten
↘︎ chapter eleven
↘︎ chapter twelve
↘︎ chapter thirteen
↘︎ chapter fourteen
↘︎ chapter fifteen
↘︎ chapter sixteen
↘︎ chapter seventeen
↘︎ chapter eighteen
↘︎ chapter nineteen
↘︎ chapter twenty
↘︎ chapter twenty-one
↘︎ chapter twenty-two
↘︎ chapter twenty-three
↘︎ chapter twenty-four
↘︎ chapter twenty-five
↘︎ chapter twenty-six
↘︎ chapter twenty-seven
↘︎ chapter twenty-eight
↘︎ chapter twenty-nine
act two: 1994-1997
↘︎ chapter thirty
↘︎ chapter thirty-one
↘︎ chapter thirty-two
↘︎ chapter thirty-three
↘︎ chapter thirty-four
↘︎ chapter thirty-five
↘︎ chapter thirty-six
↘︎ chapter thirty-seven
↘︎ chapter thirty-nine
↘︎ chapter forty
↘︎ chapter forty-one
↘︎ chapter forty-two
↘︎ chapter forty-three
↘︎ chapter forty-four
↘︎ chapter forty-five
↘︎ chapter forty-six
↘︎ chapter forty-seven
↘︎ chapter forty-eight
↘︎ chapter forty-nine
↘︎ chapter fifty
↘︎ chapter fifty-one
↘︎ chapter fifty-two
↘︎ chapter fifty-three
↘︎ chapter fifty-four
↘︎ chapter fifty-five
↘︎ chapter fifty-six
↘︎ chapter fifty-seven
↘︎ chapter fifty-eight
↘︎ chapter fifty-nine
↘︎ chapter sixty
↘︎ chapter sixty-one
↘︎ chapter sixty-two
↘︎ chapter sixty-three
↘︎ chapter sixty-four
↘︎ chapter sixty-five
↘︎ chapter sixty-six
↘︎ chapter sixty-seven
↘︎ chapter sixty-eight
↘︎ chapter sixty-nine
↘︎ chapter seventy
↘︎ chapter seventy-one
act three: 1997-1998
↘︎ chapter seventy-two
↘︎ chapter seventy-three
↘︎ chapter seventy-four
↘︎ chapter seventy-five
↘︎ chapter seventy-six
↘︎ chapter seventy-seven
↘︎ chapter seventy-eight
↘︎ chapter seventy-nine
↘︎ chapter eighty
epilogue
Author's note

↘︎ chapter thirty-eight

1.1K 21 10
By themazexwolf

38 | The Hungarian Horntail and George Weasley's dancing

Today was November 24 and the day of the First Task. Participants in the Triwizard Tournament have long been selected - Fleur Delacour from Beauxbatons, Victor Krum from Durmstrang, Cedric Diggory from Hufflepuff ... and Harry Potter. Yes, it was very unexpected when the Goblet of Fire pulled Harry's name. Many of the students were angry with him, even at one time and Marley Macmillan, his older half-sister. But today they talked and she wished him good luck of the Task. She had no idea what the Task was, but she was already with her friends in the big arena, where it will take place.

She still studied very regularly and didn't even have time to draw, which saddened her endlessly because she loved this activity. Even now she was carrying several books and negotiating and studying until it was time for the event to begin. Meanwhile, her feelings for her best friend, George Weasley, suddenly escalated, and Marley began to distract more and more. While writing regular homework at the library and suddenly remembered how George didn't like this place and wasn't coming here. While preparing for her OWLs, and once remembered how George liked to make her laugh, to make her feel better, because she often seemed stressed lately.

Marley tried again to concentrate on her notes, then saw her other best friend, Noen Black. He was with Blace Zabini, Draco Mlafoy, Pancy Parkinson and Brooklyn Ray. The girl never forgot their conversation twenty-four days ago when he said he liked boys. However, Marley couldn't figure out which one of all the boys at school had caught his eye, because it was at this point that Fred and George appeared out of nowhere and interrupted their talk.

"Marley, I think the twins are right." suddenly said Angelina Johnson, her best friend. The younger girl had been distracted by her thoughts and totally forgot about her studies and her friends, neither she was sitting in a noisy place with a lot of people surrounding her. "You should stop studying that much. You have dark circles on your eyes and you look tired."

George just grabbed all the stuff from Marley's lap and hands and raised it in the air high enough, so Marley couldn't reach it. Damn it, she was too short! "You'll have it after the Task, alright? You need a rest."

"Give me my textbooks back, George." Marley huffed and jumped but she was too short. The red-haired boys was just laughing.

"I said no." he replied. "After the first Task. But if you give me a kiss, I can give it to you right now."

"I'd better wait." smirked Marley toward him. She knew he was just joking, so she also joined in their friendly jokes, but secretly pushed her pain deep in her. Because she knew George wouldn't like her. Meanwhile, the tall Weasley twin's heart was beating fast in his chest and he tried to cover his feelings with friendly flirting and random jokes.

And here is where it finally began. Stormy shouts and applause echoed in the large arena. Ludo Bagman hastily told how everything would work out, and after playing with his whistle, the first Champion came out, Cedric Diggory. A dragon was standing in front of him and everyone was holding their breath. About twenty minutes passed and he managed to get a Golden Egg. He received good points from the judges - Madame Maxim, headmaster of Beauxbatons, Karkarov of Durmstrang, Dumbledore of Hogwarts and ... there was Ludo Bagman himself.

After Cedric was Fleur, the girl with the roots of a veela. She also did well and received good points. Then there was Victor Krum, who also did brilliantly. Finally it was Harry Potter. When Marley's brother came out, the Slytherins began to whistle and mock, but the boy ignored them. Instead, he focused, yelled Accio, and after a moment  his broom Firebolt was in his hand. Haha, summoning charm! Marley was sure Hermione had taught him that.

But Harry was really good at flying. He began to circle around his dragon and scatter it. At one time, his robe tore because of the Hungarian Horntail and blood flowed down his arm, but he did the Task relatively quickly and took the Golden Egg as fast as possible. Now the Slytherins weren't so impressed. After Harry's good points were announced, thevent was over and the students could return to the castle.

"It was really good, actually." said Lee Jordan, while leaving the arena. "I can smell we will celebrate tonight."

"Yes, me too." smirked Fred.

"And I can smell how I want my books back." Marley said and spread a hand toward George who was whistling cheerfully. When he noticed her, he just laughed and rolled his eyes off her, than handed her the heavy books. Sudden energy came into Marley's veins and even though George joked, the girl somehow managed to kiss him on the cheek.

"You wanted a kiss, so that's what you're getting." she blurted out and grinned, trying to hide how flushed her face was. George's face had a several moods in one - surprised, happiness, confusion and.. were his cheeks red or Marley was just daydreaming?

"You were going to kiss me anyway." George winked at Marley. The girl laughed, but wondered what was that supposed to mean. She didn't intend to kiss him until the very last moment but was there a way that he could think that she could do it?

"Ginny was right, bro." Fred popped up between George and Marley with a naughty smile. "You two should date for real."

Both Marley and George secretly chuckled.

                                        ***

"The Yule Ball has been a tradition to the Triwizard Tournament since its inception." said professor McGonagall to the gathered Gryffindor students in the Great Hall. At the left end were standing the girls and the boys at the right. Marley was sitting next to Hermione Granger and Angelina Johnson and the three girls were looking at their professor. Argus Filch, the caretaker, who was trying to fix an old gramophone and interrupting McGonagall, which was making everyone laugh.

His grey cat, Mrs. Norris, was sitting on the table and carefully observing the students with her feline big blue eyes.

"On Christmas Eve night we and our guests gather here, in the Great Hall, for a night of well-mannered frivolity." continued professor McGonagall after clearing her throat. "As part of the representatives of the host school I expect each and every one of you to put your best foot forward and I mean this literally because the Yule Ball is first and foremost... a dance."

Exclamations, whispers and frowns lit up the hall. There was a complete cacophony, and Marley, whose head was hurting from study, even grimaced. Fortunately, professor McGonagall held up her hands, calling for silence.

"Silence! As the house of Godric Gryffindor, has commanded the respect of the Wizard world for nearly ten centuries." the Transfiguration teacher and headmaster of Gryffindor house said proudly. "I don't just want you to tarnish this name for one night by acting like a babbling bumbling band of baboons. I'm watching at you, Weasley."

And she looked at both twins Fred and George, who had peacefully leaned their backs on the stone wall with big smirks on their faces. Fred just smirked toward Marley. It had passed around two weeks after the First Task of the Triwizard Tournament and Fred and Angelina were talking too much with each other recently. The girl was sure Fred had a thing for her, but thee was something off with them. They were going just both of them together, always discussing some stuff without George, Marley and Lee.

"So," McGonagall spread hands and smiled nicely. "Let the body breathe. Every girl hides a swan who longs to spread her wings and fly." And she turned to all the girls on the left side of the hall and stopped at Marley, smiling. Behind her, Ron Weasley muttered something to Dean Thomas, and the professor immediately turned to him. "Inside every boy a lordly lion ready to prance. Mr. Weasley, will you join me please?"

Ron stood up awkwardly, and Harry, who was standing next to him, pushed him with a devilish grin at McGonagall. "Now, please your right hand on my waist." said calmly the professor.

"Where?" Ron almost choked from shock.

"On my waist." repeated the teacher still remained very calm. She grabbed Ron's hand and put it on her waist, then Marley heard Fred and George whistling and laughing. Suddenly, Marley burst out in laughter and for a long moment she was the only one laughing, but then she stopped immediately, quite embarassed. Her whole face was red. McGonagall let a slight smile touch her lips and quickly glanced Marley, then turn to look at the red-haired twins. "Oh, Mr. Weasley. I see you want to volunteer. It's great, because Ms. Potter is free too."

Both Fred and Georgе pushed off the wall and walked forward, but McGonagall stopped them. Ron had removed his hand from his teacher's waist and his ears were red. "No, no, no. The taller twin. Come here, Mr. Weasley. Ms. Potter, stand up."

Marley's eyes widened. George was already in the centre of the Great Hall, not a meter far from Ron and McGonagall. The girl smoothed her skirt and quickly walked over to George, who stood with his hands in his pockets, waiting for her casually. Fred was whistling mischievously with mouth and Marley saw him. She gave him a murderous look but said nothing.

McGonagall had put Ron's right hand on her waist again, holding his left hand. She then forced Marley and George to do the same. For some reason it turned out to be a little awkward. But his hand was warm to hers, and where his palm rested on her waist, her sweater burned. Or it was just how her skin reacted to his touch.

"Mr. Filch, music please." the professor turned her head to see Argus Filch, standing by the table with the gramophone. The caretaker snorted and let the music sound in the Great Hall. "Okay, now follow what I do. Mr. Weasley, follow your beautiful partner."

"Don't pay attention on the others." said quietly Marley, leading the dance. George seemed a little clumsy, but quickly managed to get into a rhythm and was already moving almost smoothly. McGonagall watched Ron and the two of them simultaneously.

"Oh, Mr. Weasley." suddenly professor McGonagall glared to see George. "I was scared you'll be a clumsy dancer like when I saw you in the beginning, but you turned out to be actually good."

"Because Marley leads him." murmured Ron next to his teacher. Marley thought both the Weasley brothers looked very embarassed in this moment and she held her giggle, but couldn't hide how red her cheeks were.

"Now, everyone up!" announced McGonagall on loud voice and everyone stood up from their seats. "Find a partner and dance, come on!"

"You dance quite well, George." stated Marley, trying to make the conversation less awkward. Why it had to be that weird if they were best friends and he didn't like her back? He was joking most of the time, but things between them were a little tightened up after Marley suddenly kissed him on the cheek two weeks ago.

"Thanks." he mumbled under his nose and grinned. "But I have an amazing teacher."

Marley blushed even more. "I think Fred won't let you and Ron forget this moment, huh?"

"Oh, never!" exclaimed Fred, dancing with Angelina that stormy that the other students were pulling aside so they could go pass them. "That was the best moment in my life and in yours, Georgie." he winked and disappeared with Lina as suddenly as was their appearead.

"What does this mean?" questioned Marley but George just shook his head negatively and followed his twin brother with his warm brown eyes. "Do you think they are suspicious? Fred and Lina, I mean..."

"Oh, yeah, kinda." replied distraced George and his smile faded away. Marley had to raise her head to look at him, because he was too tall or she was just short. But the girl could swear that George looked a little upset and too distracted.

The gramophone stopped, so did everyone. George carefully let Marley and the Gryffindors were free to go by now. Marley waited for Lina to show up then both girls left the Great Hall, giggling.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

902 11 10
-𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐫𝐧 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐧𝐨𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰𝐬, 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐞
3.4K 166 5
❝𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐦𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭 𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐥 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝❞ -𝒂.𝒆.𝒑 ...
388K 10K 55
ℭ𝔞𝔩𝔦𝔤𝔦𝔫𝔬𝔲𝔰: 𝔱𝔴𝔦𝔩𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱 ∘₊✧──────✧₊∘ ❝ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ sᴀʏ ʟɪғᴇ ɪs ɴᴏᴛ ғᴀɪʀ. ɪ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ, ғᴀᴛᴇ ɪs ʙᴀɪsᴇᴅ. ғᴏʀ sᴏᴍᴇ ʟɪғᴇ ɪs ɢᴏᴏᴅ, ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴇsᴛ ɪs...
109K 2.6K 83
[Requests are open!!] Female! Reader Will write for..: Before Marauders: Tom Riddle Marauder's era: Remus Lupin James Potter Sirius Black Regulus Bla...