Will of a Hero ● Todobakudeku...

By Pandalion23

Being the daughter of the Number One Hero, (Y/n) Yagi had to learn how to overcome her fears at a young age... More

Prologue
{0}
{1}
{2}
{3}
{4}
{5}
{6}
{7}
{8}
{9}
{10}
{11}
{12}
{13}
{14}
{15}
{16}
{17}
{18}
{19}
{20}
{21}
{22}
{23}
{25}
{26}
{27}
{28}
{29}
{30}
{31}
{32}
{33}

{24}

3K 112 5
By Pandalion23

You came up to Izuku before the start of his next test, your smile fading slightly at the pained wince he had on his face as he clutched the wrist of his broken finger. Your eye's softened in awe, a throw like his, that sent the softball flying 705.4 Meters requires a lot of extra force, he focused all of that energy into one finger.

He noticed you as you came up to walk beside him, "Ah, (y/n)-chan!" He greeted, sweating lightly, trying to hide the blister of pain he felt through his hand. He was dragging at the back of the group, holding it tight in order to lessen the pain that everyone noticed.

You didn't say anything, instead chuckling softly before leaning up and kissing his cheek gently. He stiffened entirely, the feeling of your warm lips against his face caused him to shut down completely, while you pulled away, "Great job out there," you complimented him, smiling as you clapped you continued to walk with the group. "We've gotta work on that backlash, though." You glanced down at his hand before walking forwards to catch up with everyone else.

Izuku stayed rigid in posture, his entire body seemed to heat up all at once and then he could finally breath as he watched you jog up to the next test. He panted lightly, his face red and his heart beating erratically, oh gosh, oh my--woah! (Y/n) just kissed me! He could've had a heart attack right then and there.

He let out a swoon of affection as he couldn't take his eyes of you now, willing the rapid beat of his heart to slow down, hoping no one else could hear how loud it was. He then realized something, he uncurled his fingers, before closing them again and then his eyes widened and he brought his broken finger up to his face. Gasping in surprise when he found it was healing, the sickening purple bruise began clearing up as his broken bone set itself into place.

You healed him.

He looked up in awe, breathing an impressed sound as he turned his hand from palm to the back and soon it was like new. He could still feel a dull pinch but it was completely bearable and he would be able to continue the test like normal.

It was incredible, what your quirk could do. Gosh, you were so amazing.

Izuku was able to continue to pull through the tests, glad to not have to deal with the pain that would've hindered him through the rest. That didn't mean he still wasn't probably the worst in all of the remaining tests.

The seated toe touch.

Sit ups.

And the distance run.

Soon, Aizawa had everyone line up to see their scores, "Alright, time to give you your results," he started, holding up a remote for the digital screen above you all. "I ranked you all from best to worst, so you'll probably have a good idea of your standing already," he then added. "I'll just pull up the whole list, there's no point in going over each individual score."

With a single click, the score board was shown, your names and overall scoring from the various tests flickered to light. You blinked when you found you were tied with another girl, Momo Yaoyorozu, she stood next to you, bumping your hip with a gentle nudge and chuckled softly, "Nice to see another girl who can pack a punch," she said, glancing at you as her eyes then drifted around the board. Not just physically, obviously she was quite skilled strategically and eager to make an impact. "I'm Momo."

"Let's see if they can take the heat," you nudged her back and you both chuckled before you answered back, "(Y/n)." You then looked back at the screen, your eye's narrowing as you found Izuku's name in last place. Your eye's instantly going to Aizawa, you knew him, he acted without hesitation and was quick to make decisions, especially when it came to his students. If he was really going to take Izuku out of U.A., he would've done it earlier, before he even finished the tests.

You glanced back, your eye's softened as you could see Izuku mentally freaking out, his hands curling into hopeless fists, his head hanging low in defeat. He's worked so hard for this, he'd be crushed if he was truly sent back home, he deserved to be here and you knew he'd give it his all to succeed.

"And I lied," Aizawa said, the screen disappearing as he boredly clicked off. "No one's going home."

The class was silent with shock, seemingly blanking out, Aizawa evidently pleased.

"That was just a rational deception, meant to make sure you gave it your all in the tests," he admitted, simply. And that's when everyone lost their minds, especially Izuku, who was as pale as a ghost and screaming out in surprise, alongside everyone else.

"What?!" The class erupted in disbelief.

"Oh, I guess the rest of you hadn't figured that out," Momo said, her eyes closed with an amused smile. "Guess I should've said something."

By everyone else's blanked out, frustrated expressions they were more than alittle stressed from the ordeal and would've preferred the closure, glaring directly at the confident, dark haired girl. Yeah, ya should have.

You smiled at Aizawa, maybe he had a change of heart, he wasn't the type to just drop on a threat, he was seeing potential in Izuku, especially after that soft ball throw. You were glad he chose to see the best in his students, with his help, you were sure this year would be a time for your power to grow. You couldn't wait to see what was in store for all of you.

"That was pretty nerve-wracking, huh?" A boy said, his name Sero, you learned, his voice shaking as he turned to a smirking Kirishima.

"Nah, I'm always up for a challenge," he proclaimed, pridefully.

Behind you, Katsuki let out an annoyed huff, probably alittle pissed that Izuku had been expelled.

Aizawa then began to leave. "That's it we're done for the day," he said walking off to the side. "Pick up a syllabus, in in the classroom, read it over before tomorrow morning." He instructed, passing a few students.

Izuku gave out a relieved, tired sigh; his head drooping down as he let his arm's hang before he sprang up at upon hearing his name. "Midoriya," Aizawa said, holding out a slip. "Take this and go have the old lady fix you up." But, his eyes drift down to the the once broken finger of the boy now just a faint red color, slightly bruised but healed.

Izuku waved his hand out quickly. "No, no. I'm fine now," he shows his open palm. "(Y/n) was able to heal me during the tests," he revealed, holding the wrist of his bruised finger.

Aizawa nodded before faintly straightening. "That reminds me," he spoke before turning back, "Yagi!" You stiffened as he called out for you, your head raising to look up at him in surprise. "Follow me," He instructed.

You could already feel your palms sweating, the last few times you'd been taught by him it came with excruciating workouts and a cruel mentorship, now you had them for an entire year in his class. Even so, you walked up to him, wondering if you were in trouble or if he had something to tell you.

Izuku was freaking out as you passed him, "Eh? Wait! I didn't get her in trouble, did I?" Izuku panicked, immediately regretting opening his mouth and not just taking the doctors note.

Aizawa answered with a simple. "No." That didn't ease him at all.

You walked just behind your teacher, "I'll see you later," you assure him with a small smile before you followed him around the corner.

You raised a brow as you saw your father, in his yellow suit, you were surprised you hadn't noticed the man standing there, he was brightly colored and who could ever miss the symbol of peace peeking out of the corner in a sun colored suit? Apparently, You and the rest to the class. "Dad?" You questioned, walking up to the man as Aizawa stayed a fair distance.

The man chuckled having been caught. "Hello, daughter! I see you have performed exceptionally well on your tests! Well done!" He grinned at you, placing a hand on your shoulder, proudly. You smiled, pleased that he had been able to see your progress but knowing he needed to know how Izuku was faring in his use of One for All.

"Oh, Thanks," you hummed.

Then, you turned back to Aizawa, "Master!" You spun around, bowing lowly, recalling all the times you did so before a lesson. You straightened with a grin as he looked at you, "It's wonderful to see you're my school teacher now, I've missed you, Uncle Aizawa," you beamed truthfully. You actually hadn't seen the man in months since training, he's been getting his curriculum prepared and the entrance exam for new students.

Aizawa in response, producing a faint smile as raised his arm to rest it atop your head "Nice to see you, kid," he said, making you smile, before his faded and he began applying pressure atop your head, forcing it down harshly. "But, I recall teaching you correct throwing form, did I not?" You paled as he was referring to your messy throw earlier today.

"Aizawa that's not necessary--" your father began, sweating at the way he was man handling you.

"You did! You did!" You said before he let you go, letting you whimper while rubbing your head. "Is that why you're mad at me? You scared Izuku, even me, thinking I'd get in trouble and it was all because you saw I wasn't throwing right?!" You gaped in disbelief.

The man's eye's narrowed and he shrugged. "I also wanted to commend you on your training, despite you being unable to remember a simple throwing technique we spent hours on," he reminded with a frown making you sweatdrop, before he hummed as he continued. "I see real improvement in you. I'm proud of you."

Your eye's widened, you looked up at him, to which he nodded and you felt your heart swell as you beamed brightly. "Thank you, Master Aizawa," you then raised a brow. "But, why couldn't you do this without calling me away?"

Aizawa shook his head. "I can't have the other students thinking you're being given special treatment because you're a student of mine," he said, then smirked lightly. "If anything, it's the opposite. I expect more from you, everytime."

You understood, chuckling while tensing up from the statement. Aizawa then looked back at All Might, whom now stood directly next to you, a large hand on your shoulder.

He looked between the both of you, despite not being very fond of your father as an icon, he respected him and he could see now the resemblance that you two shared. Seeing you both standing next to one another, your father a pillar of hope and you his anchor to keep him standing. Not to mention the brutal strength and resolve you both possessed, he knew without a doubt that you'd grow to live up to being under such a legacy, if you hadn't already.

"All Might, I must ask, what are you doing here, hiding behind a corner?" His eyes than narrow in question. "Have you been here the whole time?"

All Might grinned. "Only to watch my students progress, I want to assess their skills before I got into teaching them, of course!" You knew that wasn't the case but even so, he was telling at least half the truth. "But, I must add, that was a rotten move, Aizawa." You raised a brow at your father while Aizawa glanced at him.

"So, you really were watching the whole time, huh?" The man asked, before snidely commenting, "What? No talk shows today?"

"A rational deception," All Might said, reminding you both. "That's cute, but you're not exactly known for being lighthearted," he pointed out before going on. "I read your file: last year, you expelled an entire class of freshman students. You have no problem kicking students out," you paled at that, you had no idea that Aizawa had done that, you wondered what had happened. "That can only mean one thing!" All Might began, a wide grin on his face. "You see the same kind of potential in Young Midoriya that I do!" Pointing a finger at the scruffy man, whom didn't seem anymore into the conversation than earlier.

"What is this about?" Aizawa asked, then turned slightly. "How long have you been in this corner?"

You father tensed and you sighed mentally.

"Isn't it alittle early to be playing favorites?" With that, Aizawa began to walk off. "He doesn't have zero potential, I'll admit," he said. "If that were the case, I would've sent him straight home after class without hesitation," He admitted, walking further off to leave. "It's cruel to let a kid keep dreaming of something that will never come true." He proclaimed harshly, before he turned slightly to look at you. "Head to Recovery Girl, (y/n), she asked for you. Remember to read over the syllabus before class."

You nodded. "Yes, sir." He then walked off back into the building, now you and your father were alone. You both were sure the man meant well, he may be harsh at times but he was a kind man when you got used to him. But in order to get in his good graces you have to prove you deserve to be.

You both let out a sigh, before you turned and smiled slightly. "At least your form is holding up. How long have you stayed like this?" You asked him, referring to his All Might form.

He chuckled. "It's been an hour or two so far. After that sludge villain, I couldn't hold it for more than that for weeks," he revealed, "That medication is working like a charm so far," he straightened, a wide grin of victory on his face. "I feel great, although I might need to power down for a few minutes after holding it for so long now."

You nodded in agreement. "You can't overwork your body so much, you'll burn those pills out too fast. If you stick to an hour a day and slowly increase it by maybe 5 or 10 minutes, every day, you'll be giving your body time to recuperate faster." You said, then wincing slightly as you imagined he'd probably do the exact opposite. "Try to at least. If you do the opposite, you'll just keep tearing yourself apart."

Toshinori hummed in response, taking your hand, running a thumb over the back of your hand. "You worry about me too much, darling. Do not worry," he assured you. "I'll be fine." He leaned down, bringing your hand up to his lips before chuckling. "Now, you don't want to be late for your first day on the job. Recovery Girl wanted me to remind you, Aizawa beat me to the punch."

Your eye's widened as you remembered, "Oh right! I'm working with Obaachan today!" You gasped.

He snickered at you before you quickly leaped up giving the tall man a kiss on the cheek, "I'll see you later! Love you!" You waved quickly as you ran off. The moment you turned the corner you were bolting, after orientation and first to second period, classes were mostly over for new students.

You jumped up the stairs, skipping a dozen steps before you were on the next floor, skipping up to the door handle and pulling it open.

You began walking down the hall as you entered your class floor and glanced towards the window, how long were you guys performing those tests? It was already afternoon.

You kept walking as you stared out the glass window, it was a nice view you had to admit. The sun peered directly through and hit you perfectly, illuminating the platinum blond color of your hair and the pink layers framing your face. The barely visible scar across your cheek, a thin white line now, from all those years ago.

You let out a small breath, then turning to proceed down the hallway, heading off to Recovery Girl's office.

Izuku couldn't help the anxiety that he felt, the overwhelming guilt that's been eating at him since you were lead away by their new scary teacher, Aizawa. You didn't come back as the class began going back inside, Ochaco coming up to question whether you were in trouble or not, didn't make him feel any better.

He was glad you had helped him, hardly thinking that mentioning you could get you in trouble, he berated himself for opening his mouth. Shivering at thought of you being punished because of him, but you had also tried to assure him before leaving, maybe you were ok?

Gosh, he just wanted to see you and ask for himself. But, what if you were upset with him? What if you were going to avoid him now?! Oh no, what if he messed everything up between you two?! Ahhhhhh!!! He shook violently, muttering to himself in the locker room as some of the others glanced at him confused and alittle weirded out.

"What's his deal?" Kaminari wondered what everyone else was thinking, Kirishima shrugged as they all just continued on.

Now, he had just finished changing out of his gym uniform, walking out with a sigh before heading to the classroom where everyone had to pick up a syllabus and their bags.

Katsuki then bumped into him, practically shoving him into one of the lockers, he jumped in surprise before shrinking at the glare the ash blonde gave him. "Ah, Kacchan," He stuttered out, flinching at the harsh look the boy gave him, before his lips curled up in a sadistic grin.

"You've got a big mouth, Deku. I bet (y/n)'s gonna be pissed when she comes back," Katsuki smirked darkly, chuckling at the thought, taunting the boy. While he was still fuming at the thought of the boy actually having a quirk, it felt better to torment him about this, more in control.

Izuku's eye's widened and he shook his head, all the previous anxiety and doubt climbing back up. "No! I didn't mean to get her in trouble! She'll understand!" He said quickly, trying to convince himself. "Won't she?"

"She will," the two boys turned to see Shouto standing there. "(Y/n)'s not one to hold grudges for very long. And it wouldn't matter anyway, (y/n) is very familiar with most teachers here. I doubt she's actually in any trouble."

Katsuki scoffed, glaring at the dual hair colored boy. Although the news put him at ease as well. "Who asked you, half and half?" He sneered, while Deku visibly began to relax slightly. "This doesn't have anything to do with you!"

Shouto blinked at Bakugo before looking at Izuku, making Katsuki stiffen before gritting his teeth from being ignored. "She'll be fine."

"But, you won't be when I'm done with you, icy hot bastard!"

"We should refrain from fighting on school grounds."

"What, so you wanna take this outside?!"

"Hey! There's no need to fight! Someone could see, then we'll all be in trouble!" Izuku warned, panicking as the two seemed to be on the verge of fighting.

Katsuki and Shouto glared each other down, Izuku dreading the moment he might have to physically pull them apart.

"Are you guys coming?"

They all turned, whipping around to see you standing there, a confused look on your face. You had changed out of your gym uniform, now wearing your school uniform, a hand on your hip as you stood in front of the class doorway.  Your lips curved up into an amused smile, obviously not understanding what was about to happen. "You guys ok?" You wondered, stepping away from the doorway to walk over.

Izuku immediately rushes over, happy to see you were your usual self, hopefully not upset with him either. He quickly envelops you in an embrace, lifting you off your feet, "(y/n)! Oh, you're not mad are you? That I got you in trouble?" He then drops to his knees holding your waist to your surprise, his large eye's watering with guilty tears dramatically. "I'm so sorry! Forgive me!"

Your eye's were wide before you looked at Katsuki accusingly. "What the hell did you tell him?"

He scoffed. "What makes you think I said anything?"

"Because I know you."

He huffed out a breath in response while Shouto sighed, shaking his head. He had no idea how you had manged to handle these two, completely different people, and still come out sane.

You then looked down, chuckling lightly as Izuku held your waist close, his head settled on your stomach, "Zuku," you breathed. "Everything's fine, really. Aizawa-sensei is just really intimidating, I'm in no trouble at all," you said with all smile all the boy looked up,now looking at you. "Besides I could never be mad at you. It honestly impossible for me."

The boys face lit up, his eyes wide and relieved. "Really?"

You giggled, nodding, and he stood, finally, ecstatic to be forgiven and evidently in your good graces.

The other two come to walk over as you point towards the classroom, "You guys do know, everyone's gone, right?"

They all peeked into the room and for sure, everyone had already left.

You all then grabbed your stuff, stuffing the syllabus into your bags and headed out. You walked with the boys, the afternoon sun beating down on the group as you all walked home.

It was a strange first day at U.A., but its where everyone had room to grow, testing your skills and your determination to become a hero. It was only the first day, you couldn't imagine the others to come, and you couldn't wait.

Now, home. You opened your bag, setting aside your books and syllabus on your desk, your expression hardened as you pulled out a small container.

Recovery Girl had hired you as an assistant for the school year, but being that it was the first day, she preferred you taking it to get settled into your curriculum. Instead, she had called you down to give you your own medication.

Something you've been taking since you were little, after the accident it was only enhanced, you turned the pill bottle in your grip slowly. It was like pain medication, only specifically designed for your quirk, which was quite difficult being that no one else had a quirk like yours on record. Being that your body flushes out anything unorthodox to your bloodstream, you required higher doses, doses that may be considered suicidal to any other normal person.

You used up last month's pills, your extensive training required you to drown yourself in pain meds, if you didn't you doubted you'd get through the day. But you've been lowering your dosages, now a months supply lasts you nearly 2 months, if you're careful, Recovery Girl's obviously noticed, having given you another after you were scheduled to pick it up a few days ago.

You set the container down, it was no bigger than the palm of your hand, housing around 34 pills for the month. A small dose packs a punch, probably strong enough to knock out anyone else for an entire day.

You plopped one into your mouth, opening your water bottle with a small sigh in the silence before drinking. It was quick to take effect and you hummed in relief, hardly noticing the pinching sensations across your body that had started before fading after a few minutes.

You then changed out of your school uniform, pulling a shirt over your head as you stepped out to eat dinner with your father. You took a plate off the counter, warm after he heated up left overs, you plopped down beside him on the couch. Leaning into his side while you dig into your plate and he chewed silently beside you, looking at a new show that popped up on the screen.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

135K 5.9K 107
"I wasn't born to love or be loved, or become a hero, or live a normal life. Nor was I born to protect him, but out of everything, that's what I plan...
426K 18.4K 67
Ever since your Quirk first manifested, you've been the apple of everyone's eye. With the goal of becoming a hero, you enroll to U.A. and soon find y...
408K 16.5K 42
After being spontaneously transported to the My Hero Academia world, (Y/n) finds herself becoming closer to the characters that live there. She quick...
815K 24.5K 148
[BEING REWRITTEN] You and your twin brother, Katsuki Bakugou, have been close your whole life. Even through you two were close, you've always been ho...