Letters and Latte | Ryeji

By louvrelibrary

Innocent smiles, genuine laughters, and pristine hearts. Are love letters and sweet notes still a thing? Fort... More

Letters and Latte
01 - Pilot
02 - Walk
03 - Strawberry
04 - Simba
05 - S.R.J.
06 - Warmth
07 - Superstar
08 - Unsanitary
09 - Latte
10 - Sip
11 - Fan
12 - R's
13 - Temperature
14 - Star
16 - Yejoon
17 - Library
18 - Happy
19 - Notes
20 - Backstage
21 - Mute
22 - Cold
23 - Scary
24 - Finals
25 - Christmas
26 - Sunshine
27 - Seoul
28 - Dean's
29 - Dream
30 - Spring
31 - Family
32 - College
33 - Answer
34 - Gift
35 - Until

15 - Mocha

5.6K 255 524
By louvrelibrary

"Yuna, stop reading." The mom like voice of Yeji soared within the car, it also resonated along the mellow jazzy instrumental track playing. She darted her puffy eyes over the young one through the rearview mirror, it didn't feign Yuna, not even the slightest bit.

Instead of putting the smartphone away, a giddy squealing shrieked and scrapped the dulcet instrumental music. "Shin Yuna?"

"The author updated after 84 years!" Yuna almost leaping in the backseat, moving like an earthworm that was sprinkled by lots of salt all over its body. Yuna was hyped up to get a notification of her favourite webtoon series which was a recent hobby to waste her time.

Yeji sighed for the nth time of the night, it was helpless. "You can just read when you get home, don't be stubborn."

At certain times, people call others by their first name, second name, last name. But, in some cases, they like to mix it altogether. It was normal. What wasn't normal was Yeji called out the young one with her own full name and it came out as if it was roared by thunders in the dark depths of gloomy sky.

"Okay, no need to shout, Yeji-ah." The blondé pouted.

Breathing out, the uptight flowing nerves on her muscles seared on the surface and made Yeji vexatious over things she didn't really mean to be upset about. The terrible or more like, a flabbergasting scene she saw with her own eyes caused a multiple stabs across her chest. It wasn't real pain, but it felt really sharp, so piercing that a million of needles furiously jabbed her little frangible heart.

She was hurt but she hardly tried not to be.

Maybe, things went that way, because they were meant to be happened. She shouldn't question that, even if felt like she had some disturbing thoughts circulating within her brain. Yeji and the overwhelming surge of feeling emerged, not wanting to submerge.

She didn't want to remember, however, the scene kept reeling off on her mind, she just hoped for it to stop, so the blues gushing in her veins would vanish. Though, it seemed to be quite infeasible. It wasn't just easy to simply forget the things that wounded our hearts. Sometimes, it left a mark, and it lingered forever, until people reminisced it.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to raise my voice. It's for your own good." Yeji looked through the tinted mirror, with sad eyes, sad mouth and a very sad heart.

The last hitch of Autumn season was evident.

The trees, leaves, and flowers were falling.

And so did Yeji's heart.

"Heather?" The soft and tiny voice spoke in silence, "I'm wondering why 'give her her book' is actually right, and 'give him him book' is wrong." Yuna waited for the British boy response but instead of getting an apparent answer, she was being confused by a question as well.

At the the driver seat, Heather slightly had a ridiculous snicker and eventually pulled back himself, realising the air was still not completely all right.

"I know it already. Thanks to Cambridge dictionary."

Silence was also a conversation.

Yuna understood Yeji was in her worst red days, and so her lips were locked and let it faltered from making any nuisance. Then, the Jeep Grand Cherokee was maneuvered to the left side of the lane, at the facade of a girls' dormitory. The young one brought out her dorm pass, looking straight to the guard waiting for her late presence. Heather automatically unlocked the car doors, anticipating for the blond to hop off.

"All right," the thick British accent rose, and Yuna foolishly mocked it on her own way but miserably failed. "I guess, it's your bed time. Sleep tight and drink your milk, big baby."

"Big baby? I'll be taller than you, Heather!"

"According to Yeji, you are. Get going, Yuna."

The young one slammed the door in a swift motion, earning a shook of head from the righteous owner, Heather pressed the gas pedal gently, considering how zippy the car could be in its acceleration. Lowering the car window, he honked the horn and waved a goodbye to the blondé. Yeji settled flashing a small grin, it wasn't the best grin but at least she tried for Yuna.

The soft like feathery clouds and yet mellow tunes vibrated volume increased gradually, it didn't have lyrics to tell, but it was enough to soothe the worries inside the madness of someone's head and their much perplexing train of thoughts.

"How did you know?"

Heather stole a glance through the mirror, the glistening of her eyes dispersed already and he was at ease. "About you calling your friend as big baby? I presumed."

"Thank you."

"For?" He asked, not really aware.

"Sending Yuna home, and me, I guess." The cat eyed girl was still bothered by the ideas popping into her head, she couldn't provide a genuine smile nor uplifting mood but sure indeed she was truly thankful for the ride.

"Since, you're not quite certain about going home, wi you join me to have dinner?" Yeji landed her gaze on the digital clock, it was almost eight, still early for some, but it was already late for her. "Only if you want to."

"Oh, sure. Where are you taking me?" The cat eyed girl replied. "We could've let Yuna joined us."

"You'll see." Heather muttered, "it's alright, I want to be alone with you." steering the wheel back on the tracks, turning on a set of headlights since some mutilated street lamps were abortive. "I'm frankly delighted you didn't want to stay for too long, anyway."

"It was too loud...and some things I shouldn't have seen were..." Yeji trailed off, for the last downhearted sigh, she made it less relevant for her brain to set apart it. "Is this a slow carousel ride? 'Cause you drive like an elder."

"I see." Heather started, carefully eyeing the dimness of the road, wheeling in pretentious ethic to make a good impression of himself for Yeji, not being a reckless driver just like before. "Trust me when I say I got arrested by cops for over speeding in the daylight thrice."

Her eyes grew wide, though, it couldn't be deciphered by the English guy as the only source of light emitting came from the four headlights outside. Luckily, she always had to buckle up, an old reminder from both of her parents when she got to ride any kind of cars.

Her hand crawled up over the strap of the seatbelt, for a second, she was terrified for her life. "I can't believe someone like you..."

"Rebelled against the reinforcement of law?"

"...yeah, maybe, I'm not used to that kind of Heather." The guy chuckled in low tone, tapping his fingers on the steering wheel joyously. "You won't let us get crushed over the trees, right? I haven't done much yet in life." Suddenly, he sped up the shift, and Yeji was found grasping on everything she actually wasn't aware about what it was.

"I was afraid you won't show emotion other than feeling upset." The umbrage of the night was replaced by the glittering of city lights. Several stars were obviously marked in the great vast skies, making the metropolis alive.

"I was more afraid for more life. Refrain from doing it again, I literally held my breathing." The soft laughter filled the edges of the space, Heather couldn't help himself but adore the irresistible cat eyed girl and her comeliness.

"Where are we? I should be home before midnight." Yeji was clueless, examining the establishments and roads they had passed through, it seemed like a very urbanized area and commercial buildings were built in every corner. "I see many restaurants."

"Almost near to our destination, you can unbuckle your seatbelt." Yeji was hesitant for a quick moment, although, she trusted the fella. "Let's wipe off that frown of yours when we get inside the building, Yeji."

The cat eyed girl pursed her lips, allowing herself to be much in a comfortable place with him. They never hung out before, not at least once. But Heather was so refined, and sophisticated to everything. It was way too difficult to find somebody like Heather in a guy nowadays. And perhaps, that was one of the main reasons why Yeji put in her trust a lot to him.

The car rushed straightup to a valet, a man approached them with a friendly smirk, it yielded tenderness of his action. Both were instructed to desert the vehicle, the middle age man unlocked the door for Yeji, she let out a timid smile, giving him thanks. While Heather reached for something at the back before he completely abandoned his hood.

She waited for him near the entrance door, and was a taken back on what he did next. Heather covered her in sheet of quite thick fabric, Yeji felt warmth inside. She smiled, and so did Heather, they waltzed in to the lobby and Yeji was enthralled on her feet.

"Have you been to this kind of place?" The Englishman spoke as they were faced by a lot of visitors having fun, bouncing on and off the surface, and playing around like the best time of their lives. The spacious room was replete with lively things, it was meant mostly for juveniles, but adults were there too, keeping an eye on their children. They stood before the fine line dividing the play area and lobby.

"Never."

"I bet you're starving—"

"Can we play first?" The cat eyed girl asked, her eyes not wanting to leave the attraction.

"Are you sure?" Yeji just noticed how ludicrous her outfit was if she would really lift her ass and down over the trampolines with those kids in a superficial clothes. "Wait for a minute here."

Heather was on his way towards a restricted door, it was opened, a polite employee faced him and they talked shortly. It made Yeji somewhat confused, on how he was able to have a connection with the people around here that quickly. Minutes later, Heather took tote bags with him and spotted Yeji on the same exact position where he left her awhile.

"Don't worry, it's all clean and new. There is the ladies' room, I'll meet you here." They seperated ways, and Yeji then peeked what he got for her. It was a plain white top and black track pants. And the young guy wasn't lying when he said it was clean and new, it still had tags clipped on the apparel.

"Yeji?" A familiar voice called her out, Yeji spun around and see two figures behind.

"Heejin? Hyunjin?"

"Oh, what are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be in the seniors' Halloween party? I think Ryujin is there too. Not sure." Heejin replied, shrugging off, as she tried to recall their last talk of the forward striker.

Yeji sadly smiled. "I was there. I was just—"

"I asked her to eat with me. Foods there aren't actual foods." Heather hopped in to the scene, wearing a bright smile, and the three avowed their gaze on him. "How's the place?"

Heather spoke, looking around and put his hand inside the pocket of the track pants.

Hyunjin simply nodded her head, whilst her other half was a bit skeptical. "Oh, we love to be here. Heejin doesn't want to go home yet, we've been here for two straight hours."

"You asked me where to spend Halloween and yet you're complaining? How about I leave you here and go find yourself a date?" Heejin folded her arms, cocking a brow, and earned a nervous laughter from Hyunjin. "By the way, cute matching outfits you guys have. Hyunjin can never."

"Oh, no, it's—"

"Thanks." Heather initiated to answer back and made Yeji dumbfounded, he smiled to them pleasingly which caused Heejin to be more leery, suspecting them as something more than what she initially thought. "So, do you want to come along with us if time is—"

"As much as I want to make Heejin happier, my wallet is now depressed. I was actually searching where to pay before we take—"

"There, I'll show you. Follow me." Heather excused themselves, and Heejin continued to be sketchy, a cue for her to bombard Yeji questions while the Englishman was out.

"I've seen this coming but not sooner."

Yeji sighed. "Why do people always assume things right away after seeing it only once."

"I didn't say like you two are dating or—"

"But that's what you're pertaining."

"Pissing you off is my last concern. But you seemed already downhearted when Hyun saw you, Yeji. And, I made it worse." The cat eyed girl bit her lower lip, chewed it so slowly and subtly to release her tense nerves. "Whatever the reason was, I hope you'll try to enjoy yourself here with him."

"I don't even know the reason." Yeji said, looking down on her feet, smiling but we all knew it wasn't a real one. "It's still a blur."

She wasn't just so certain where to put all of these negative feelings in every categories.

To the fact where she disliked herself for being extremely sensitive during her red days. To the fact where she wasn't out yet to the public. To the fact where some individuals tended to label things immediately on their own. To the fact that overload school works loved to mess up the simple lives of students. To the fact that she was keeping this feeling for so long.

Or to the fact her own eyes saw Ryujin and Lia crashed their lips into one so passionately.

A lot of frustration for soft and fragile heart.

Heejin frowned, she may not be in the shoe of Yeji but seeing the merry and angel face role model student be in despair told a lot of sadness. She wasn't used to this. Heejin didn't know how to comfort her, so she opted to rub her back and exchanged weak grins.

"You'll figure out those things before you get to know it. Now, wear the smile you always have at school. It looks beautiful on you." Heejin ended the soft brushes against her back with a gentle pat on her shoulder. "And if that guy tries to annoy the shit out of you more, don't hesitate to call me. I'm ready to smack his ass out for you, okay? Now, smile."

"Like this?" Yeji flashed her full teeth smile.

"Exactly like that." They softly giggled, and heard heavy footsteps approaching them.

"Heejin! You said you wanted ramen, right?"

"Yes but I don't want us walking back home."

"I got us a discount! We're lucky to be the first couple of tonight to enter their place."

"Okay..."

"Attention, the 2Jin ship is sailing off."

Hyunjin proceeded to march off which did obtain a nonchalant stare from her partner. "You are such a dork."

"Your dork." Hyunjin playfully winked.

The moment the duo was lost in their sight, Yeji initiated to do the first move. Tugging him by the hand, they sprinted towards the entrance of the indoor trampoline park. It was decorated with a quite few Halloween accessories for kids not to be really scared.

Heather let himself be dragged by Yeji, like it was Hwang Yeji. Everything was fine with her and he wouldn't complain. Yeji released his arm and started indulging herself to shoot the ball on the ring. She made possible tricks but only one of them was her successful shot. She aimed for a dunk, but her long legs pulled her down.

Causing a foolish outburst from the young fella, holding his abdomen and both eyes were squinting in obnoxious laughter. Yeji noticed it, she then took the ball she was using and drastically threw it to his head. Heather was focused, too focused making fun of Yeji, the ball precisely knocked his brain. A smirk for the cat eyed girl to celebrate. Bingo.

"So, that's how you want to play, Yeji?"

They both knew how it would end, so they ran, and ran, dodging the every little kids blocking their way, avoiding falling their mass on the trampolines. Unconsciously, Heather found himself dived into a pit of blocks. He panted, smirking, seeing Yeji on her both feet, standing very mightily. She offered a hand, intending for him to get up.

He gladly took it, but of course, he couldn't just forget things way too easily. Instead of pulling up himself through Yeji's help, his hand heaved her down, alongside how he fell on the blocks. Yeji splashed right onto the trench of trap. She swam up, and when she did, her hand automatically whacked a piece of block directly to his head. "Ouch! It hurts!"

"There's no room for you in acting, stop it."

They chuckled in unison

"I'm hungry."

"I was about to say that, let's go." Heather helped her got up, and took his jacket for a while with him as he noticed beads of sweat were forming over their face. He hung it against his shoulder, and exited the indoor park. He handed his handkerchief to Yeji, but the cat eyed girl declined his offer.

"You didn't tell me." Yeji suddenly spoke up, catching the phase of Heather by her side.

"Tell you what?"

"That you owned this place." They entered another seperated area that interlinked with the trampoline park as well. A small café for everyone to stay in while waiting for the kids. Mostly, adults were in the area, drinking their hot coffees and tasting cinnamon buns.

"Ah," he breathed out, "I didn't think you'll care or at least noticed. Yeah. I own this." combing his locks, making it brushed up.

"For like six months. Dad told me to establish a business. He said being only a professional won't let me have more money." They stopped in front of the cashier, and Yeji took a glance on the menu pasted up. "Which was totally absurd, I know." Heather sighed.

"Your dad—"

"Let's get food first before we have a good talk, don't you think? What do you want?"

"We have pesto, pasta, bread, cakes, coffees and anything you're craving for." Heather suggested, gesturing the menu board right in front. "We also have lattes, frappé and a—"

"No rice?"

"We have, don't worry."

"I'll have anything with rice. Which one is better, your latte or frappé?" Yeji asked, not wanting to have preconceived judgement over the image of the beverages on screen rolling. Plus, it reminded her of Sanctum.

"Frappé. The mocha frappé. I usually have it when I stay here, it's my personal favourite."

Mocha Frappé?

Familiar.

"Uh, here's the—"

"No, everything is on me. Get us a seat. Go."

Well, Yeji thought of protesting was useless, he pretty much had everything on his both hands. And so, she watched him conversed with the cashier or his employee that was most probably older than him and yet he was their boss. For someone who was only about to start her college life, Yeji was sure as hell she couldn't achieve these things in a snap.

However, Heather Saunders was extremely privileged, and that explained everything.

"Here's the two mocha frappés, a zucchini,  kimchi fried rice, and two oreo cheesecakes."

"This is the quickest service I experienced."

"I rushed them."

Yeji quickly took a sip on the frappé, tasting the mocha in it compared on the mocha in the latte of Sanctum. Truth to be told, their mocha here was more refined and rich in flavour, right amount of sugar was used. A complete contrast against her favourite mocha latte in Sanctum. Still, she didn't think any drink could surpass the love she had for that mocha latte in the café along their street.

"It's the best, isn't?" Heather asked.

Yeji smiled, it would be rude if she didn't agree with him. However, it was also rude to lie to people. She timidly shook off her head. "Not the best, it's almost perfect rather."

"If you say so." He shrugged, starting to cut in small halves his baked parmesan zucchini. "Going back, I never wanted to have my own business. Have I mentioned about me getting a doctorate degree? It's what I wanted."

"No, we just talked about Grey's Anatomy and Biology, I should've known." Yeji said, setting her eyes around the café, there, a soothing comfort of every café was evident. It was calming.

Though, the comfort she had with Sanctum was incomparable, it had a special way of making her at ease she couldn't explain so. Or maybe, she was biased. Or Sanctum had already established their way to her heart.

Or most likely, a lot things were special in the café, that's why she couldn't just let it down.

"But, still not sure what specialisation must I decide on." He leaned back upon the cozy seat. "Something like surgeon or neurologist."

"That sounds very expensive." Yeji gulped, there was no way her parents could afford those elite courses for how many long years. "Money is not a huge issue for you, right?"

He nodded slowly, somehow, he felt quite awkward when people spoke something about their existential funds in the bank. "Well, I'm not certain if it's only me, but, some people think having excessive things is considered heaven."

"In all honesty, people should stop making it very exaggerated, hell, we don't worship money. It's so exhausting." He knew he was going to spit a lot of words that he shouldn't be throwing off, so he opted to breathe out, exhaling some bad air away.

"So, why do you still have this whole thing..."

A sad smile formed across his lips. "If you could recall, I don't have control over my life." He paused. "Sucks to have this life big time."

Some people wanted to become rich and take all the money in this world. Some are just fine, living out their lives amidst of the crisis happening on this world. And some people are already on top of their worlds and yet, something is not and will never be enough for them until they decide to get it so badly.

"They wanted or more like, they forced me to have anything at least, so I came up with this one. Apparently, they didn't fancy this idea. Thinking it won't create huge numbers in profit, but who cares, I like what I built for myself. This is mine but they have my life."

"It may not be okay, but, you did the right thing. You chose the thing you like for your own good and at the same time you obeyed." Yeji didn't know if she worded her statement effectively, hoping she was wise enough and made sense. "Maybe if they see how you work at school, they will actually realise you're more than capable of being—"

"I doubt that. I'll never do this to my kids."

"You said, you'll put away my frown on the face when we get here and there you are, doing that ugly grimace." Yeji said in between her chew, and checked what was the time on her phone. Two hours before twelve in the morning was definitely late, her eyes stiffened and fastened up her eating pace.

The next minutes were just Yeji eating her food and the same thing for Heather. Not until the Englishman decided to disrupt the stillness of the air. "You noticed about me owning this building. I noticed some too."

"So, who made you cry ealier in the party?"

They stared for a good few seconds before Yeji withdrew her gaze. "Nobody cries for nothing."

The cat eyed girl grabbed the ply of tissues on the table, damping it over the corners of her mouth. "I...I get really overly sensitive during, you know, red days." Yeji almost like speaking in whisper. "And every girl suffers on that."

Humming, Heather put his hands over his lap. "Still, that doesn't answer my question."

"I don't want to talk about it."

At some point of our lives, even if people felt comfortable enough with one person, there sas always some hidden pages of stories they shouldn't—couldn't tell out loud because they were meant to be kept to their own will.

And, Heather respected it.

"Sure."

"I mean, I'm already fine, and if I bring it up, it might cause sadness in me again and I don't want to end this night by ruining it." Yeji made sure her words were constructed right. It was true, her intentions not cutting off the good atmosphere was her main concern and Heather didn't deserve to grieve in her blue.

"Fair enough."

Yeji puckered her lips and nodded her head.

And then the remnants of her mother tale how she and her man encountered in the party resurfaced, knocking right into her little frail state of mind. How the warp and woof coursing through the unforeseen day and night they spent then eventually and at the same beautifully bloomed into a lovely story they burgeoned in deified triumphs.

Yeji was with a guy that she didn't see inadvertent. The party brought them together with no intentions of actually doing so, it just happened. And everything unplanned could be something more beautiful that could ever be imagined.

"Let's call it a night?" Yeji cut off her own fizzy whirling thoughts, smiling at Heather.

Well, he didn't want to. He planned to have a short late night drive with her. He never ever thought this night would come to have  Yeji alone with him. And, bidding her a goodbye later on was already sad to hear. "Heather?"

"Yes. Though, I wished this will happen again." He emphasised the last word he uttered and met her gaze which did not stay for too long since Yeji was fast to pull it away. "And, you're always welcome here. Anytime."

The moment they were out of the building, the Jeep Grand Cherokee was parked right in the facade. "Why you don't bring your car at school? Are you one of those boys that treats their cars like their own babies?" Yeji stated, before Heather opened the car door for her.

"That's a great idea. I can always give you a lift going home." He ran towards the other side of the vehicle, entering and ignited its huge engine. "Like everyday, I won't mind."

"That's not what I meant."

Heather chuckled. "You live along the same street with Ryujin if I can remember well."

"I never mentioned it about it, I think. Or—"

"Lia speaks about Ryujin twenty-four seven, I got it from her." Heather interrupted, pressing the gas pedal.

"It's normal." Yeji replied, "don't we just talk about the things or people we like most of the time? Sometimes, they're all we think about." observing the unknown street through the dark tinted window, fixing her own seatbelt.

"Just to make things clear, I don't like her."

"I never said that." Yeji softly giggled.

"I like someone else."

Awkward.

Especially for Yeji.

"So, I like her, how should I win her heart?"

Yeji was dead silent for a moment, but she realised it would be just uneasy for them to be in complete tranquility. "Uhm, invite her to a movie with your group of friends, yeah?"

The young guy snickered, eyeing Yeji from time to time through the mirror. "What if I don't have huge circle of friends?"

"You don't need a lot of friends. Remember, quality over quantity."

"Noted, ma'am. Anything else?" Heather asked, being serious enough over winning a girl's heart. "Give me more ideas."

Yeji thought deeply, squinting her eyes as no idea visited her mind. "Instead of going to the movie your friends going to watch, take her into a romantic movie, I guess?" It sounded like a question as well, not utterly aware of the things escaping her smooth thin pale lips.

"I thought girls nowadays like action movies."

"No idea, why are you still asking me." The cat eyed girl retorted. "I don't know any—"

"More. More ideas. I'm sure you can help."

There was a smirk across his lips, enjoying their conversation. He didn't know if Yeji was playing along or deep down, she really knew she was the one he was referring about. But, Heather listened carefully, paying attention.

Yeji let out a frustrated sigh. "Buy her any snacks, chocolates to be precised. That's it."

Last reference almost inclining to the taste of her likings. She really ran out of ideas, plus, Yeji didn't even know. Girls vary and that was something inevitable for every guy out there.

"One last question, do you want to go to the movies with me this upcoming weekend?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.6K 264 3
Who the fuck are you?
713K 27.9K 40
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
34.3K 2.2K 29
"𝘐𝘴 𝘪𝘵 𝘱𝘰𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘣𝘭𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘧𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘪𝘯𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘢 𝘨𝘩𝘰𝘴𝘵?" - Ryujin
45K 1.4K 17
X Reader story Now Read!! XD