Different IRL

By junieb2112

Luna is your not so typical college freshman looking forward to the opposite of new adventures. She likes qui... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25

Chapter 2

201 14 0
By junieb2112

Friday. Kiki wasn't kidding. There really is a party tonight. It's at the Pi Omega Gamma fraternity house or POG for short. Not too sure what that means. I mean, googling it didn't tell me much more than the usual stuff. So, I guess I'll find out how a fraternity really is. And while I've managed to mostly keep my mind off of this awful event, I really haven't.

Looking at myself in my full-length mirror, I just know Kiki is gonna do a few acrobatic eye rolls at me. She shouldn't. She suggested I wear a dress. Fine. I can wear a dress. It's just not gonna be her style of dress. Taking hold of the fabric at my sides, I swish the skirt part around my legs. It's flowy but not that flowy since it ends at my knees.

The conservative dress is my definition of an LBD. My head tilting to the side, I travel the length of the comfy polyester. It's somewhat a looser fit in that it doesn't hug my body. The neck of the frock is just a simple square cut, fringed with a ribbon of white lace.

"You look like a pilgrim. What the hell, Luna?"

Startled, I spin around to face Kiki. Holy crap, she looked hot. Skin tight leather pants encase her legs only to disappear into black leather, knee-high biker boots with various zippers and buckles. Tied around her waist is a black and white flannel with a simple black t-shirt that hugs her perfect boobs. A finishing touch? Her much loved black leather, biker jacket which ends at her waist. Her blonde hair is done up in a braided mohawk that cascades down her back. Platinum against black. To die for. Her eyes...smoked out. All she needs is some theme music to go along with her sexy strut. I'm thinking Need you Tonight by INXS.

She smirks at me. "Dark eyes like night skies, baby."

"You look so awesome," I whisper in awe.

"Thanks. You look...Luna?"

"Hmm," I swish my dress again with a pleased smile.

"Please let me style you," She clasps her hands together tight. "Please!" She drops her knee.

"No way. I can't be like you, Kiki. I like my LBD...,"

"That! Is Not! An LBD! A little black dress is supposed to be...little!"

"Well, it's little to me."

"It's awful and you know it. Can I at least do your makeup?"

"I did my makeup. See?" I say pointing to my eyes.

Her small pixie face scrunches up til her lips disappear and her nose wrinkles. She brings her face so close, her nose touches mine.

"Mmmm. Where?"

"Uh! I have on mascara and gloss!"

"Always mascara and gloss. Please tell me you're at least wearing The Gloss?"

"Of course I'm wearing The Gloss. I would never betray Jeffree Star."

"Good girl. Okay. I suppose I can let you be yourself tonight. Just stick by me. I'm gonna have to protect your skinny butt."

Protect me? Who the hell would want me? Look at me! Of course I wore this ugly ass dress on purpose. Albeit my favorite ugly ass dress. I turn back to the mirror. I did look like a pilgrim. No doubt about it. Ha! It's my armor. No one is gonna dare approach a prude. Unless you're a dude into ddlg. I wonder if Kiki knows about ddlg?

"Kiki, do you know about ddlg?"

Her right brow rises reminding me of Maleficent. "Daddy dom little girl?"

"Oh. You do. Why am I not surprised?"

Kiki gasps. "Are you gonna be a little tonight? Oh my god!" She jumps and claps her hands.

Pursing my lips, I shake my head. "Nooo. I wouldn't even know how."

"Ooo. Yeah. Pretend to not know how to do anything. That's goood," She makes a clicking sound from the side of her mouth and winks.

"No! I mean I...oh my god. Forget it. It was just something that popped in my head."

"Ah. Gotcha. Mkay, my love. Let's roll."

"You mean walk, right? Let's walk."

"Umm. No. Roll. The frat house isn't the one on our block."

Okay, okay. Hold the phone. First of all, all the dorms and academic buildings are within walking distance of each other. And, the frat houses are only a few blocks away. Walking distance. There's no reason to use any mode of transportation other than legs. And feet.

"Oh, and grab a jacket. I think it's only like seventy outside. It'll be cold by the time we come back."

Bracing my hands on my hips, I scowl. If she thinks what I think she's thinking, she has another thing coming. There's no way in the world I am riding bitch on her motorcycle. No way! I draw the line. Oh, yes, I do. I'm wearing a dress for heaven's sake. You can't wear a dress and ride a motorcycle. Plus, I don't have a helmet. How is this woman my best friend? How?!

-#-

Twenty minutes later we arrive. Is that normal for a frat house to be that far away from campus? I wouldn't know. Any information about college life, I seemed to have ignored throughout high school. It was like my mind watched that SpongeBob episode where Squidward tells him to empty his mind and fill it only with waiter duties, and I seemed to have followed suit when it came to college information. I just threw it all out the window.

I guess I didn't care enough. Now look where that got me. No matter. It took us twenty minutes to get here and now we're here. I pull off Kiki's helmet and hand it to her before dismounting from her steel horse. My legs are cold and a little wobbly to be honest. Also my hands are sore and equally cold from having death gripped Kiki's waist.

Walking around in seventy degree weather is fine and dandy but riding in it with the wind licking your skin is a very different climate. I'm freezing! Rubbing my arms isn't erasing my shiver.

"You'll warm up once you get something to drink."

I pull Kiki's arm to stop her. "I'm not drinking anything. Promise me you won't drink. We have to be able to get back, and I don't think you want your bike left here."

"That's what Uber is for, and I'm sure if my bike was left here it would be just fine. Have you not looked around?"

Dropping my hand from her arm, I glance around us. BMWs, Mercedes, Porches and a bunch of other ones I didn't recognize litter the streets. Jeeze. I suppose my friend is right. Her little bike is nothing compared to these beautiful cars. I wish I had a car.

"Come on," she drags me along.

It's funny how fast the sun sets. We left at dusk and now it's pretty much dark. Well, dark enough for me to look up and see the stars. We were just outside of college town and the house is set on a decent piece of land I would wager to say a little over an acre. I only know that because my grandparent's land is about this size. The house is a two-storied farm house and looks big from the outside. I wonder if the rooms are big. Sometimes houses look big from the outside but once you're inside, the rooms are small. It's so weird.

There's a ton of people inside and out drinking, talking and laughing. Bean bag toss is set up with a few guys playing. I'm guessing there's more people in the backyard. For now, Kiki is making her way up the stairs nodding at a few people whom she must have met in class. I glance at one boy who only has eyes for Kiki's butt. Can't say I really blame him. She does have an enviable backside she credits to many many cupcakes. Never underestimate the power of the cupcake.

Inside, the house feels like it's breathing with the heavy music pounding away. It's dance music and people are definitely using it to their advantage. The living room furniture has been cleared, I'm assuming, and people are dancing in the middle of the room with their red cups filled with whatever drinks available. I look away not wanting to seem like a creep. Truth is, I really want to keep watching. It's kinda fascinating how people can move their bodies so well with a beat. I'm the worst at it. Kiki has tried to teach me to no avail. The sidelines are usually best for me.

"I'm gonna get a beer. You want one?"

"No."

"Maybe you should just hold one to make it look like you're drinking. That way no one will try to get you a drink."

Huh. Good tactic. Never thought of that. She's right. The last thing I want is to have to interact with anyone. "Okay. Good plan," I smile.

One thing I love about Kiki is that she knows my boundaries and respects them. Yeah, sure, she pushes me out of my comfort zones all of the time but when it comes to important stuff, she respects.

"Here ya go, babe." She clinks her bottle with mine.

Maybe if I take a little sip. With the bottle at my lips, the heady smell of yeast and tingly bubbles assault my senses. I'm not a fan of beer. It's too strong for me. I take a small sip regardless. Bitter. Yeah. Yuck. Not for me.

"You are such a girl!" Kiki laughs.

"I know!"

"Come on. We need to stand somewhere where we can observe and not look too much like outcasts," Kiki scans the room. "Over there," she grabs my hand and pulls me over to the side of the room where a couch had been shoved up against the wall. "Let's stand here for a few minutes and get a feel for who all is here."

Casually, she sips her beer and nods her head in time with the music. Maybe I should do the same, but quickly realize I resemble a bobble head. Tapping my foot instead might be a better idea. God, I'm uncomfortable. This is so not my element. I'm a quiet girl. Simple. This, looking around, seems complicated. Maybe Kiki will have mercy on me and leave early.

"Holy shit!" She slaps at my arm, her long nails scratching me.

"Ow!"

"Oh, shit! I'm sorry, girl. You okay?"

Pressing my arm against my chest and rubbing at the sting isn't helping. "Yeah," I say disgusted.

"Sorry, sorry. But look. There. He. Is!" She bounces a little, excitedly nodding her head in his direction. "I knew he would be here. Everyone is, ya know. Tee hee! God, he's fucking hot."

Have you ever watched a movie with this scenario? Someone points out another person and the screen kinda morphs into a cone shape, zeroing in on the target, with everything around it black so that the only thing you see is that one person? Okay, good, 'cuz that's what's happening right now. He's all I can see. He's...a god. Now only Kiki knows this about me, but as prim and proper and girly as I am, I love the look of a bad boy. I mean who doesn't, right? And he looks the baddest. Tattoos? Check. Tattoos all over? Check. Piercings? Ears, eyebrow, nose and lip. Check. Piercings we can't see? Probably...check. Height? Check. My estimation? Six foot, three...four tops. Muscles? Double check. Square-cut jaw? Check. Aquiline nose? Check. Chiseled cheek bones? Check. Hair color? Brown. Slicked back, shaved sides displaying hidden tats. Eyes. Don't know. Too far away. He's a Satan rating.

What's that? Well, Kiki and I have developed a rating system much like other girls. Satan is the hottest because well, you know, hell equals hot. Not that I worship Satan or anything. I actually love God. But for purposes of this scale, it's the other way around. So, here it is. Satan is the hottest, devils are damn hot, demons are just hot, archangels are cute and angels are good boys. Those are the ones you can't trust. The good boys. Because, why are they being so good? So, in actuality, they are actually the evil ones and the ones you must run from. I know, I know, it's a messed up rating system that makes zero sense. Kiki made it up anyway. It's not my fault.

There are also caveats to the rating system. If you want to make sure you live a life of luxury, then you should really try for an angel because while some of them are the ones you can't trust, they are also the ones that make the most money. Of course that then puts them in an office setting which means the chances of them cheating on you are higher, therefore, putting them in the category of not to be trusted which is the opposite of angelic.

I'm sweating at this point. I can't keep up with her twisted mind. All I know is that...

"Guuuurrrllll, he's looking straight at you. Play it cool."

I blink out of my ruminations and find Kiki is more than one hundred percent right, if that's possible. He's staring at me. Me! My throat feels like the Sahara, and I absentmindedly take a sip of my skunky beer to wet my whistle. Holy shi...take mushrooms. Why is he looking at me? Oh my god. Did he just...

"He just once over'd you. He. Just. Once. Over'd you," her whispering raises with each syllable til she squeaks. "Be cool, be cool," Kiki clears her throat.

"I'm not cool," I grate. "I'm sweating. We should go outside."

She rolls her eyes in outrage. Dammit. Of course she's gonna fight me on this. 

"No," She whispers. "And look at the guys he's with. Oh my lord. They're all devils. All three of them."

"I know, I know."

Two girls wearing micro skirts saunter up to the group of boys standing together. One of the girls, who has pink hair and is wearing a pink micro skirt paired with a pink bikini top, she must really like pink, drapes herself all over the man-of-my-dreams-who-I-would-never-really-ever-pursue. His eyes flick over her for the briefest of moments before they return to me. Holy shit! Yes I said it. I swore. In my mind. The situation calls for all the swear words. Why the hell is he looking at me?

Taking note of the other girl, I see she's in red similar style clothing to her friend laughing with one of Satan's friends. I breathe in deep and let it out on a long sigh. Oh God. I hope no one noticed me checking out Satan's friend. But who could help it? He's just as fine with long black dreadlocks falling casually over muscular shoulders. His skin is a flawless ebony. Flawless. Dang.

I glance over at Kiki desperately wanting to point out his beauty, but her attention is on the other devil standing opposite of Satan. He's nearly as tall with cropped short, jet black hair and eyes darker than the night. His features are just as sculpted as Satan's, and his muscles are no secret. A fourth man ambles up canceling out Satan's army of three making it a quartet. This is getting intense. There's so many devils I'm losing count! Wait. I gotta do a recount. There's Satan plus, one, two, three devils and one...

"Kiki?"

"Hmm."

"Is that guy there...is he an angel?"

"Blonde boy?"

"Yeah."

"Yup. There's always one in the group that's a dud. He can't help it."

"True."

Don't get me wrong. He's cute. It's just, blonde hair doesn't do it for me. Plus he looks like he really doesn't belong standing next to the other guys. Where Satan and his men are all in black with chain belts and boots, the angel is decked in a gray Champion hoodie with matching sweat pants. Meh. Not my type. Although, he seems to be making them laugh quite a bit. Maybe he isn't too bad. I glance at Satan again. He sure stares a lot. And, he doesn't talk much from what I've gathered so far. Pinky is still draped over him, his hand now on her lower back dangerously close to her butt. He's probably a player. Those types always are.

"We should go talk to them."

"Are you high?" I gasp.

"I wish. Come on. It'll be fun. Dibbs on the devil with...,"

"The black hair and eyes. Yeah, yeah, I know. Please, Kiki, please don't make me go over there. I can't!"

"Fine, fine. Relax. Besides, there's nothing to worry about."

I let out a relieved breath. "Okay," I sigh. "Thank you...,"

"Because, here comes one of them now."

-#-

Author's note:

Hi guys! Thank you for reading. Please hit that vote button if you liked this chapter. See y'all next time!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

200K 8.3K 26
Ofelia has just escaped from her abusive boyfriend who happens to be a rogue. Her and her boyfriend aren't each other's mates but promised to stay to...
1.5M 45.8K 35
Midnight is seventeen and is considered the 'runt' of her family's wolfpack. So she finally decides to runaway. However, while trying to do so, she e...
21.2K 338 27
Re-writing/editing It's strange how quickly your life can change. How it can go from happiness and joy all the time to sorrow and dread with a single...
2.3M 65.9K 31
Eli has just turned eighteen and is an Alpha One day, a new girl shows up to the school and instantly, he feels a pull towards her, but isn't sure w...