Another World - Clexa/Superco...

By attemptingtowrite07

Lena wanted to show her new L-Corp project to her best friend. She wanted to discover the multiverse. The mac... More

Worlds Apart
Experiment Gone Wrong
"this isn't the first time"
"Who are you?"
Worlds Explained
Reunions Anyone?
Arkadia
Earth-38
Twenty Questions
Problems
Polis
Meeting the Ambassadors
Queen Nia
Jealous?
The Challenge
Who?
Luna kom Floukru
Returning to Arkadia
Road Trip?
Reunited In Time For War?
Any Ideas?
Make a plan, expect the plan to go off the rails, throw away the plan.
Save a life
The Commander of Death
Funeral Fires
Can we talk?
"Am I preparing for war?"
The Details in the Deal
I'm sorry
You should go
Earth One
You look good in a hoodie
"Let's get this over with."
"Raven, can we please tone down the charm..."
"I'll be right here the entire time."
"Don't let Commander Heart Eyes catch you looking at me like that."
"You were much friendlier without clothes on Raven."
"So, you think we're hot?"
"I thought you were a genius."
"Last stop for residents of Earth 38."
"Um... well, I don't want you to get mad at me but..."
"You'll have to speak to me eventually!"
"At least the hotel walls are thicker than the tents."
"Do I want to know what I said?"
"Did she just suggest what I think she suggested?"
"I am The Commander..."
"It's the only way to look at it."
"Clarke?"
"We said our souls stayed here together, did we not?"
"We-We aren't giving interviews about our personal lives."
"WHAT?!"
"I'd never do it in public."

Assassination Attempts and Unexpected Friends

2.1K 78 32
By attemptingtowrite07

Kara

Everyone had been focused on Lexa's conversation with Queen Nia, that no one noticed the Ambassador reaching for a knife. Kara hadn't noticed the movement, she had heard his heartbeat. Despite how calm the man looked, his heart rate picked up moments before throwing the knife.

Kara had moved before anyone noticed, grabbing the knife before it got too close to Clarke. Everyone looked confused, even Clarke and Lexa. Kara held the knife tightly behind her back, crushing the metal blade.

"Guards!" Lexa was advancing on the Ice Nation Ambassador, while her guards stepped from behind to restrain him. "You dare bring a weapon into Polis and try to murder my guest?!" Lexa was pulling her sword from her hip.

"I'm afraid you must be seeing things Heda, I see no weapon here." The Ambassador was smug. He may not know what happened, but he was going to take advantage of it anyway.

Kara looked to Clarke, a silent question hanging between them; does she come forward? Kara didn't look at Lexa or the others in the room, not until Clarke nodded at her. The movement was slight, but it was enough for Kara.

"Commander." Kara's voice turned everyone's attention on her, including Queen Nia's.

"Yes?" She wasn't happy about being interrupted, Kara could tell from the way her heart beat harder in her chest.

"His knife." Kara stepped forward, pulling the knife from behind her back, showing the crushed metal for all to see. Everyone in the room's posture changed, each of them defensive and cautious of the woman who had silently been watching the meeting.

Lexa watched Kara step forward, a moment of ease at knowing someone else was looking out for Clarke. "Hand me the knife please." The Commander held out her hand for the knife. The guards that had formed a vague protective circle around Lexa moved to let her come forward.

Handing the knife to Lexa, she watched as The Commander looked at the hilt and sniffed the blade. "Poison. This is indeed his blade. Take him to the cells." The guards holding the Ambassador began dragging him backwards.

Lexa

Turning to Queen Nia, Lexa dropped the knife on the floor by her feet. Queen Nia no longer looked smug, thankfully, it seemed she had counted on Clarke being killed by her Ambassador. Despite everything in her screaming her to check that Clarke was truely breathing, Lexa knew she couldn't. To do so would be weak.

"Queen Nia, I'm afraid you are going to need another Ambassador. Unless, you would like to admit your involvement in this plot now?" Lexa knew her answer, she never got her hands dirty.

"I cannot admit to an such a thing. It would seem that my Ambassador decided to make an attempt on Wanheda's life on his own accord. Although, I would not have been upset should he have succeeded." Queen Nia was leading them on in a circle back to Clarke's life.

"Taking Wanheda's power does not help us should we have to fight a war with Skaikru. If you disagree, issue the challenge." Never had she issued the challenge before, none of them had dared.

Queen Nia shook off the guard holding her down, pushing herself to her feet. "I issue the challenge." Several gasps echoed through the room from the Ambassadors.

Titus stepped forward, "The challenge has been issued. A fight to the death, Queen Nia choose your gona." The flamekeeper refused to look at his Commander.

"I choose my son, Prince Rowan of Azgeda." Muttering accompanied the gasps, the idea that Queen Nia would choose her banished son to fight for her begged the question; where was he?

"Heda, who fights for you?"

Lexa moved back to her throne, sitting down. "Ai laik Heda. Non na throu daun gon ai. (I'm the Commander. No one fights for me.)" With her answer, Titus dismissed the Ambassadors, each of them keeping their distance from Kara.

It didn't take long for the trio to be the only one's left aside from Titus. "Titus, leave."

"Heda, we have issues to discuss." Lexa wasn't amused with his assuming tone, choosing to simply look at him until he began to squirm. "Which I will discuss with you later." He turned, stiffly moving from the room.

Lexa waited until the door was closed behind Titus before speaking. "Thank you." Kara gave the Commander a small smile in response, about to respond when something caught her eye in the distance. "What is it?" Lexa's hand was back on her sword, spinning to find no threat.

"Um, my-my friends are here. I just saw their ship drop into the treeline in the distance and... and I can hear them. Faintly, but I can hear them." Kara was making her way to the balcony, ready to meet her friends.

Lexa stepped in her way before she could make it to the balcony. "Will they be a problem?"

Kara looked at the brunette, not liking the unspoken threat. "Have I?" This time, Kara didn't let Lexa stop her, choosing to move around her before taking a slight jog to the balcony.

Lexa and Clarke stared in disbelief as the blonde jumped into the air, disappearing in a streak of colour into the distance.

Clarke

"Did she just..?" They couldn't see their Kara anymore, still choosing to stare at the place she had jumped into the sky. Clarke chanced a look at Lexa, somewhat amused at the irritated tension in her jaw.

"Yep." Lexa was straining to not call for guards to bring Kara back, as if they would be able to make her do something she didn't want to do.

Clarke hesitantly made her way to Lexa, still watching the balcony. "It's okay. If their friends are here it means they won't be here for much longer. Once they leave you have one less problem to deal with."

Lexa moved her gaze to Clarke. "And an even bigger one until they do." She turned fully to Clarke. The blonde's hands itching to hold the brunette's hand or stroke her cheek. "Are you okay?" Lexa didn't have such restraint to keep her hands from Clarke, choosing to sweep a piece of hair behind her ear.

Clarke cleared her throat. "I'm okay. Someone trying to kill me is not something I thought I could get used to.. and yet." Looking into Lexa's eyes, she could see the relief in seeing her unharmed finally be able to be felt. "Thank you."

Lexa didn't move. "What for?" Their bodies were inches apart, their voices whispers in the breeze.

Blue stared into green. "For trying to step in front of the knife." Clarke let her gaze drift down to Lexa's lips and back. "Someone could have noticed."

Lexa's lips curled up slightly in a smile. "So?"

"It's dangerous."

Clarke watched Lexa's gaze drop to her lips and back. "What difference does it make if they are already trying to kill you?" Her lips turning into a small smirk.

"The difference is, right now they are trying to kill Wanheda, not get to you." The two were the only one's in the world, their focus solely on each other.

"I'm afraid Clarke there are always people trying to get to me, whether they know of my feelings for you or not." Lexa moved an inch closer.

Clarke's body waged an internal battle; let herself indulge in Lexa and the safe haven she feels around her, or, continue just trying to survive. Her eyes danced trying to memorize every detail of Lexa's face.

"Screw just surviving." The words were barely audible, swallowed by Lexa as Clarke brought her hands up to cup her cheeks, crushing their lips together.

Lena

Lena, Raven and Anya hadn't left the radio since they had finished it, one of them always listening in case they got a response. Since the others had left it had been quiet, the only issues being Lena's constant unintentional third-wheeling with Raven and Anya - who no matter what she said refused to leave her alone for longer than five minutes unless it was to sleep.

Right now, Raven was sleeping whilst the other two listened to the radio. Well, actually, it was more like Lena listened to the radio and Anya watched Raven sleep.

Lena rolled her eyes at the Asian woman. "Just talk to her already."

Anya looked at her like she had grown a second head. "I don't know what you're talking about." Not for long though, her gaze quickly moving back to the sleeping mechanic.

"I used to say that too." She looked at Anya, trying to get her to look at her.

When she finally did, something had changed, Lena wasn't sure what, but something had. "It's not that simple." Lena didn't say anything, letting Anya continue if she wanted. She stayed silent for so long, Lena thought she wasn't going to say anything, especially when her gaze moved back to Raven. "There's someone else. Several winters ago, she left in the night and hasn't been back. She is Floukru's leader but always sends another in her place whenever summoned to Polis, knowing she won't come doesn't stop me from hoping every time though. How could I possibly start something with Raven when my heart still longs for another?" Anya looked at Lena, a sadness in her eyes Lena had never seen in another person before.

"You tell her the truth and hope to God she'll still have you." Lena joined Anya in watching Raven sleep. It didn't last long, however, as a crackle came across the radio. Lena spun back to the radio, moving dials and switches to try and boost the signal.

The more she fiddled with the radio, the more the crackling and static turned into voices. Someone had finally found them. During Lena's messing, Raven had awoken, quickly putting her brace back on so she could help.

"Do you recognise the voices?" Raven was still groggy with sleep but Lena could tell her mind was already going a mile a minute.

With the radio now as clear as possible, Lena listened, hoping to hear Alex or another familiar voice.

"Barry, come on! How is it for the fastest man alive you are ALWAYS late?!" A female voice shouted.

"You get used to it. Let's just go, he'll catch up." Another woman answered.

"Will there be beer?" A gruff man asked.

"Mick not the time... but I will get extra later. Now can we please go?" The first woman asked.

"What Earth are we even on, anyway?" Alex asked.

"That's Alex, Kara's sister." Lena was ecstatic, someone had found them finally. Her happiness didn't last long as she realised what Alex was going to do the moment she saw her. "And she is going to kill me when she finds us."

Kara

Flying to meet her friends didn't take long, finding it was another problem. Kara huffed when she realised they had already put their shields up to hide the ship from the locals, she took her glasses off. X-raying for the ship wasn't hard, what was hard was trying not to crush her glasses in her excitement. She failed.

Holding onto the pieces that were her glasses, Kara shot into the direction of the Legends ship. She landed only to stand there for a minute waiting for the ship door to open, choosing not to use her super hearing to find out what was going on inside.

When the door finally hissed open, Kara was almost bouncing in anticipation at seeing her friends, the time away having been too long. Alex was the first one to appear in the doorway, eyes finding Kara immediately.

The door had barely opened fully when Alex was rushing to meet her sister in a hug. "Thank God!" As quickly as the hug started, she pulled back and shoved Kara in the chest. "Do you know how worried I've been?! You are in so much trouble when we get back." Alex was thankful to have found her more than anything.

"I know, I know. Can you yell at me later, after we get home?" Kara knew she was only postponing the inevitable, but she would take it.

Just then Sara, Barry, Caitlin and Cisco walked into view. "Hey Kara."

"Hey Barry." Kara moved to hug Barry. "Thank you for coming for us."

"No problem, but we really need to get you and Lena home if we don't want to screw with the timeline too much." Kara stepped back to look at him and the others.

"What are you talking about?"

Sara stepped next to Barry.

"The Legends got an alert. You and Lena Luthor going missing caused some problems in a year or two with a Hero Fight Club kind of threat, whatever happened to bring you two here shouldn't have happened."

Alex looked around for a moment. "Speaking of Lena... where is she?"

Kara went to fix her glasses that weren't there. "Um..."

Alex's radio crackled to life. "I'm okay Agent Danvers. Kara left me trying to find a way to communicate with you before reaching this Earth, which didn't work so how did you find us?"

Alex held up the radio. "We've been searching every Earth that held the radioactive signature of a Kryptonian."

Some fumbling came through the other side of the radio. "How many Earth's are there?" Kara recognised Raven's voice and her eyes widened.

"Who is this?"

"Raven Reyes, youngest zero-G mechanic in fifty-two years and overall genius badass. Also, Kara my friend General Cheekbones wants to know why you aren't with Lexa and Clarke." Everyone looked at Kara for an explanation on everything Raven had said.

Kara held out a hand for the radio, holding the button to speak once she had it. "I saw my friend's land so I flew from Polis to meet them. Queen Nia issued something called the challenge, a fight to the death or something? I was going to pick Lena up and take everyone to Polis now if you want me to pick you guys up too?" Everyone was watching the exchange, waiting for a chance to ask questions while the radio was silent.

"Okay. I'm game and so is Cheekbones. How long until you're here?" Kara didn't answer, instead looked at the others.

"Give me a minute." Before the others could protest Kara was gone.

As quickly as possible, Kara flew the rest of the way to Arkadia, slipping into Raven's tent without being seen. "Hey."

Anya's sword was again at her throat as the other two jumped to face her. "Holy Shit!" Raven was holding her chest after the fright and Anya lowered her sword to check on the mechanic.

"I'm going to have to do two trips for the three of you. Who want's to go first?" Kara was hoping to get Lena back with the others first, but the CEO had another idea.

"Take those two first, then come back for me." She was using her CEO voice, leaving Kara no room to argue, simply raising an eyebrow when she looked like she was going to.

"Okay. Are you two ready to go now?" Raven had recovered thankfully and now seemed eager to go flying.

"Lets go blondie." Raven stepped up to Kara, pulling a stubborn Anya by the arm.

Kara looped an arm around each of the women and with one last look at Lena in the tent flew out the opening. It didn't take long to reach the others and when she did they all got into a battle stance at the sight of Anya.

"Calm down guys. This is Raven and Anya, be nice whilst I go and get Lena. Okay?" She waited long enough to see Alex nod.

Flying back to Lena, Kara's mind raced to figure out why she wouldn't want to have gone first to see Alex. Thankfully, the super was back in the mechanic's tent in no time, Lena standing exactly where she had left her.

"Hey. Ready?" Kara again went to fix her glasses.

"Why are you nervous?"

"What makes you think I'm nervous?" Kara didn't want Lena to think she was nervous. She was meant to be the confident superhero, she couldn't be nervous.

"You mess with your glasses when you're nervous." Lena stepped closer.

"I do not." Kara scoffed at Lena's observation, her voice rising an octave.

"Crinkle." Lena tapped a finger to Kara's forehead making her groan in frustration.

"Darned crinkle." Lena chuckled at Kara's annoyance, enjoying seeing her friend in the superhero she had fallen out with.

"Come on, we should go meet the others." Lena wrapped her arms around Kara, waiting for her to do the same. "Just don't drop me, okay?"

Kara looked down at Lena, "Never." She didn't let the brunette react to her statement, choosing instead to fly to meet the others at a slower pace than before once they had cleared Arkadia.

Once back with the others, Kara was glad to see everyone still alive. Her and Lena let go of one another as soon as their feet touched the floor. Each of them were struggling to figure out a way to start the conversation when Anya spoke up.

"How are you planning to get everyone into Polis unseen?"

Everyone again looked at Kara. "I was going to fly everyone in through the balcony on the top floor." Some of the group nodded, except Sara and Anya.

"Kara, that means you doing three trips, something that will definitely be noticed if we don't have help." Sara pointed out.

"She's correct. There are guard's stationed it the throne room constantly, unless instructed otherwise by Heda herself."

Raven was checking in her pockets, calling everyone's attention when she found what she was looking for. "Guys. Why don't I just call Clarke on the radio and have her get Lexa to clear the throne room?" She was holding a radio and seemed pretty pleased with herself.

Anya scoffed. "Heda would never allow unknown threats to enter the throne room without guards present."

Raven rolled her eyes at the General. "I don't call her Commander Heart Eyes because she's hot Anya. She'll do anything for Clarke if she asks her to." Raven looked smug, again.

Sara tilted her head. "If you can get the room cleared, then that could work, but Kara you are going to have to be fast."

"No problem. Raven radio Clarke."

Clarke

Clarke and Lexa had left the throne room, choosing instead to go to Clarke's room under the guise of discussing Skaikru affairs. In actuality, not much talking was being done. The pair were lying on the bed, Lexa's top thrown somewhere in the room, kissing passionately when the radio crackled from somewhere in the room.

"Clarke. Clarke come in."

Clarke was kissing down Lexa's neck when she registered Raven's voice come through again.

"Clarke are you there?"

Putting her forehead in the crook of Lexa's neck, the brunette started to register what Clarke had heard. "Raven? She's in Arkadia?"

Clarke groaned at the huskiness of Lexa's voice. "It's the radio. Let me answer it quickly. Don't move." Clarke gave one last kiss to Lexa's neck, moving to stand from the bed. The view almost had her forgetting about the radio, Lexa topless on her bed looking at her with dark eyes was something Clarke wanted to see everyday.

Clarke turned away to walk to the shelves she had placed the radio on a few days ago. "What's wrong Raven?"

Clarke turned back to look at Lexa on her bed. "You're grumpy. Am I interrupting something Princess?" Clarke could hear the smirk in Raven's voice and knew she couldn't give the girl anymore ammunition for her teasing.

"Nope. Nothing at all. I was just resting." Clarke smirked at Lexa's look of slight anger until the older woman realised she was joking.

"Good. Now I need a favour."

"No you can't blow anything up Raven." Clarke cut her off.

"For once, I'm not planning to blow something up. Kara's friends have arrived as I'm sure you know."

Lexa frowned from the bed. "I'm aware. Lexa wasn't happy with Kara leaving like that."

"Right, well... Kara flew Lena, Anya and I from Arkadia to her friends and told us about the challenge. She knows Lexa needs to meet the others to make sure they aren't a threat before they can leave, so we were hoping you could convince Commander Heart Eyes to clear the throne room so Kara can fly us in?"

Clarke wasn't sure what Lexa was thinking as she didn't move on the bed. "Let me find Lexa and ask her if it's possible. I'll radio back in a few minutes." She turned the radio off and made her way back to Lexa. "What are you thinking?"

Lexa pushed herself up onto her elbows to look at Clarke at the end of the bed. "She's right. I need to assess the threat level of these people before they can leave but I'm not sure about leaving the throne room unguarded." Lexa bit her lip, thinking through her options.

"Can I tell you why I think you should do it?"

"Okay."

Clarke lay next to her on the bed. "First, you need to meet them and this is the quickest and easiest way without having to deal with the clans, Ice Nation especially. Second, it won't be unguarded, you'll be there. Third, Kara saved my life today, I doubt she did that just to let her friends kill us a few hours later. Fourth, Raven is still alive which means that either her friends are a fan of sarcasm or they are as good hearted as her." Clarke didn't dare touch Lexa whilst she listed her reasons, she didn't want Lexa to think she was using their feelings to sway her decisions. Not like before.

"You are right. It will take ten minutes to make sure the throne room and surrounding balcony's are clear." Lexa pushed up fully from the bed, looking around for her shirt.

Clarke had been about to radio Raven when she noticed Lexa getting up from the bed. "What are you doing?"

Lexa found her shirt thrown behind a chair. "I don't think Raven wants this sorting in an hour Clarke, so no matter how much I would like to get back in bed with you, I have to tell my guards to clear the throne room." Lexa was pulling her shirt over her head and fixing her hair as Clarke watched.

"I'm sure she can wait a couple more minutes." Clarke was angling for more than a few minutes and Lexa knew it.

"You and I both know that we won't be satisfied with a few minutes." She fastened her sword to her back, turning to make her way back to Clarke now sitting at the end of the bed. She kissed the blonde on the bed.

"Fine. Go. I will tell Raven to wait until I radio again before having Kara fly them in." Lexa left the room.

Clarke waited until the door closed fully before messing with the radio in her hand, paling at her realisation. She hadn't turned it off... just turned the volume down. She hoped she hadn't pressed the button accidentally during their conversation.

"Hey Raven..." She was hesitant to talk to Raven now. If the mechanic had heard any of that, she would be teased mercilessly.

"Hey Griffin. What did Lexa say?" Clarke sighed, Raven must not have heard anything.

"Give her ten minutes to clear the throne room and surrounding balcony's before having Kara fly you up."

"Thanks." Clarke was about to put the radio back when it crackled to life again. "By the way, we could have waited an hour." Clarke paled at the words, she had heard their conversation.

"Raven I swear to God-" Lexa couldn't know they had heard them, she would kill her.

"See you in ten Clarkey and be careful or you'll make Lexa jealous, calling out my name and God at the same time like that." Raven was holding back a laugh.

Clarke took a gamble at what she had observed of Raven last time she saw her in Arkadia several days ago. "Bring that conversation up again and I will let Anya in on everything you said about her whilst we were still living in the dropship." It was a long shot, but before Raven could reply Clarke spoke into the radio again. "Tell Grounder Princess I said hi."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.6K 1.8K 18
"You may be the commander, but I'm the commander of death. And I say we will meet again." Following the events of the season five finale, the last hu...
109K 2.3K 23
Supergirl opens the pod to see her long lost/ almost forgotten little sister Mora. Mora was lost on a star called Corling for 12 years until she foun...
4.7K 133 16
Lena and Kara both get a gym membership, at a gym in National City, for the summer. But, Lena's only in National City for the summer. They began to f...
1.1K 78 19
This is a Clexa story about lexa following Clarke and protecting her without her knowing who she is. Imagine how shocked Clarke is when she finally m...