When you came

Od gryffindor22girl

"Who was she, May?" His voice was scarcely above a breathy whisper. "She was a nobody, Peter. It'll be bette... Více

Cast
Who was she?
Unexpected Alliances
The beginning of something new?
I am completely alright
New made acquaintances and long lost friendships
We are nothing at all
Spiderman comforts...Really?!
The bad things happen
It's a mutual agreement, Parker
Back to normal?
What is going on?!
More than I can take
Too much that it hurts
Friends and enemies
An uninvited guest
An alibi
The Rescue
Funerals and misfortunes.
The finale bomb

Somethings aren't meant to be

127 1 4
Od gryffindor22girl

We can't stay together no longer because baby we aren't meant to be

(y/n)'s POV-

I tossed and turned, unable to sleep. After my fight with Peter, I hadn't eaten anything and lay down on my back, gazing up at the widowed ceiling, letting silent tears spill down the side of my face all the way to my neck.

As much as shouting at Peter had hurt, I was stubborn enough not to admit the pain to anyone, let alone myself. It wasn't fair that he got to see me in my most vulnerable moments and pity me afterwards. I'm old enough to handle my problems myself and he had no right, no fucking right, to become the uninvited hero in my life.

I let the dried tears seep into the skin of my collarbone, not even budging to wipe off the itchy remnants. More tears spilt down at an unstoppable pace. 

I was no longer aware of my existence, staring at the ceiling, eyes unblinking.

The sudden blare of my phone brought me back to life.

I grabbed it from where it lay on the bedside table, blinking my eyes to adjust to the alien brightness. There were two texts from Ned and a thousand others from MJ. 

Swiping to the right, I clicked open Ned's message first.

'Hope you're feeling better. I got Peter's text saying that your uncle is better now.'

'MJ and I will come visit after school tomorrow. Love you and take care.'

I let a faint smile drop onto my lips, though it failed to reach my eyes. I texted back saying that I was perfectly alright and will be waiting for them tomorrow. I then went to MJ's list of texts, all asking if I was feeling any better and that if I needed anything she was a phone call away.

One text, though, caught me by surprise.

'Peter's told me to apologise. He didn't mention what for, though. Everything good between you two?'

I couldn't lie to MJ, but I also didn't want to talk about all those horrible things I had said to Peter. I just replied with a thumbs-up and plugged in my earphones, playing my Spotify list and letting the music block all thoughts running in my mind.

The next day at school-

Ned's POV-

"So is everything good between (y/n) and you?" I asked Peter as I increased my stride to fall in step beside him. Ever since he had been bitten by that spider and had acquired its qualities, keeping up with him was hard, despite him claiming it to be his 'slowest' possible speed.

Right, Parker.

He whipped his head to look at me, his sudden and fast action taking me off-guard.

"Yeah, we are cool. Why do you ask?"

"You know, because you haven't called or texted to check on her all morning."

His eyes held what I presumed was false amusement, as if he knew that I wouldn't be buying any of his lies.

"Have you been keeping an eye on my phone, Leeds?" He smirked, cleverly changing the subject.

I let it slide, trying desperately to hide my own smirk, knowing that I had caught him.

"Well, duh. When you have Spiderman as your best friend then you'll always need to look out for him. I'm your guy in the chair, remember?" I nudged him in the stomach with my elbow, earning a chuckle.

"Whatever, Leeds. Any plans after school?"

"Yup, MJ and I are going to visit (y/n). Wanna join?"

"Uh-no, thanks. I'm good and besides I have errands for May to do after school today. See you after class. Bye!"

I watched him jog towards History-the only class we don't have in common. 

I knew something had happened between the two and I wasn't planning on letting it slide as easily as I had portrayed.

After school-

MJ's POV-

Ned and I sprint down the front stairs of Midtown High, eager to get to the Hospital and see (y/n). We reach downstairs to find Peter leaning against the railing, headphones plugged in, scrolling through his phone.

"You joining us?" I asked as we neared him.

He looked up at me, blinkingly twice-an indication that he hadn't heard me.

I motioned for him to pull out his headphones.

"I asked whether you'd like to join us for our trip to visit (y/n)."

Before he could respond, Ned butted in...as usual.

"He's got errands for May to do after school."

I simply nodded and continued walking, Ned beside me.

Somehow, I didn't want to buy Ned's point because it was totally absurd that Peter would choose something else over (y/n). 

I had to talk to (y/n) about it.

Because I knew that something was up between the two, but neither of them was willing to admit it.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

At the Hospital-

3rd Person POV-

MJ and Ned entered the Hospital, walking through the front gate and down the front aisle, totally cluesless about the directions.

They made their way towards what they thought was the front desk. 

The lady behind the desk looked up from her computer's screen and greeted the two teens with a warm smile.

"How may I help you?" The words sounded rehearsed as if they were the only she was expected to say to people who walked up to her.

"We are here to visit a friend of ours: (y/n) (y/l/n)", MJ managed to smile kindly at the lady.

She nodded.

"Do you have a fixed appointment?"

"Uh-no we don't. We came here straight from school."

"Oh! That's not a problem at all. I'll have your visiting passes ready. If you'll kindly wait down there," she directed towards the right where rows of chairs were assembled for guests to sit and scurried off to God knew where.

MJ and Ned walked towards the rows of seats, choosing to sit in the front.

"What's up with Peter and (y/n)?" MJ mused out loud.

"Dunno. I have been wondering the same thing since morning," Ned huffed out.

He was pretty annoyed that his two best friends had had a fight and they hadn't even considered it important to talk it out to either MJ or him. He had known both Peter and (y/n) since primary and, though this was the first ever year the two were getting along pretty well, he knew from the very beginning that the feelings those two had for each other were mutual.

If only either one of them had the courage to express their hidden feelings to the other, things would have been so much more smoother right now.

"Why? What happened this morning?" MJ asked him.

"Peter wouldn't even call or text her to check on her! He didn't seem as panicked or concerned as he had when she had passed out in the library that day! Something definitly is wrong with these two!" Ned was beyond pissed at this point, so pissed that he didn't even bother to cast an apologetic look at the other patients who had their eyes pinned on him for being so loud.

"Calm down, Ned! This is a Hospital for Christ's sake!" Hissed MJ, pinching his forearm.

The lady who had gone to collect their passes was back behind her desk. MJ was quick to notice and got up, pulling Ned alongside her as they walked towards her.

"Here are your passes. You have three hours to spend time with your friend. You can come here on a daily basis, provided you have your pass with you," she handed them their passes, a wide smile on her lips as she did so.

MJ and Ned thanked her, asking her for the directions.

She was kind enough to walk them to the elevators where she gave them the room number.

MJ and Ned stepped inside the elevator, Ned pressing number 3 on the lift panel.

"Room 302. This is it!" Exclaimed Ned as they both stood before the door that separated them from their best friend.

"How are we going to do this?" Asked MJ.

"Well, we go inside, talk to her like we usually do and then you shoot-boom!"

MJ rolled her eyes, face-palming herself furiously.

"Why are you such an idiot?!"

"Why? What wrong did I say?" Ned asked, confusion written over his face.

"You know what? We just go in their, talk to her like we always do. Then you will excuse yourself and walk out and let me do the talking. Got it?"

Ned could only nod, knowing that arguing with MJ wasn't going to get him anywhere.

MJ took in a sharp breath, released it, and opened the door to reveal (y/n) sitting on her bed, wearing a hospital gown, her shoulders bent and eyes focused on the book in her lap.

The girl looked up at the sound and smiled her cheekiest smile ever, delighted to finally being seeing her friends after so long.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"And you just yell at him for saving your uncle's life?! That was pointless, (y/n)!" MJ scolded, looking at her friend unbelievably.

She couldn't seem to digest the fact that (y/n) could be so stupid enough to put up a fight with someone as harmless and blameless as Peter.

She was furious at the girl's actions and wasn't planning on getting out of this room until she had all her answers.

Ned had been cooperative for once and had cleverly excused himself from the room, saying that his mom needed help with something and he had got to rush back home, leaving MJ to shoot questions at (y/n) about the ongoing matter.

"Pointless?! Are you seriously backing up for Peter?! You don't even like him!" (y/n)'s hands splayed out in random directions, animating her shouting.

"Yes! Yes I am backing up for Peter, because for once he is in the right and you aren't! Just admit your silly action and stop pretending to be so macho and stubborn because you, clearly, aren't (y/n)!"

The words struck the girl by a blow so strong, she thought she'd never be able to forget their bitterness and the pain they caused her.

"Leave", whispered (y/n).

"What?" MJ asked, eyes widening.

"I said leave MJ. You clearly chose the wrong timing to show up. I'm busy."

MJ stood, huffing in the process.

"I can't believe you (y/n) (y/l/n)!" 

Saying so, she stormed out of the room, banging the door shut.

(y/n) just sat there, looking idly at the door from which her best friend had just walked out. She hadn't expected MJ's visit to turn out so...violent. Heck, first Peter and now MJ?

What the fuck is wrong with you, you useless pain in the ass?! She mentally cursed herself, throwing the book on the bed.

Why can't you just admit the fact that none of this is Peter's fault, never was. You were the one who made it worse.

She cupped her face in both her hands, tears clouding her eyes, ready to spill.

She pulled the thrown book back to her, clutching it tightly and reading the summary.

Out of all the words scribbled down  in neat calligraphy, the only ones that caught her eyes and increased the tears were:

Something aren't meant to be.

She just hoped that that wasn't how Peter and her story was going to end.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

578 41 14
→ 𝗘𝗦𝗖𝗔𝗣𝗘 , 𝙋. 𝙋𝘼𝙍𝙆𝙀𝙍 | 𝘰𝘯𝘨𝘰𝘪𝘯𝘨 ❝ 𝙞𝙣 𝙬𝙝𝙞𝙘𝙝 a girl who keeps what happens a...
33K 804 21
You had just recently moved to America from the UK for a fresh start since your family and most of your friends hated you. It wasn't your fault; you...
285K 7.4K 12
"well it's not an actual date, date. but, i mean, it- it could be if, uh, if you want it to be." ...
Save Me Od ;

Fanfikce

13.4K 344 25
Since the events at Homecoming Peter hadn't been the same. He began to remember things from the past that he'd worked so long and hard to forget. At...