Mafia's Bride

By Afitch7

Layla was born into the mafia life. Her father is the Don of the Italian mafia, all her life has been filled... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Authors Note
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
New Book

Chapter 18

65.3K 1.4K 592
By Afitch7

I don't know how long Alex and I held each other for, just standing there in each others embrace. It seemed as though everyone in the room faded as we stood in each other's warmth, blocking out the rest of the world.

Alex was holding so tightly onto my torso that it ached from the bruising that still patterned my skin, but I wasn't about to tell him to let go. I inhaled Alex's cologne and the scent was intoxicating in the best way. It had been too long too long since Alex has held me close.

I didn't want to return to reality, but the sound of my father brought me back. Alex slowly released me as I heard my father trying to get my attention. He slowly pulled away, but kept a grip onto my waist only granting me so much freedom from him.

Our eyes continued to gaze towards each other and I felt the tears start to dry on my face. Just as Alex brings his thumb up to my cheek and wipes away the last of my tears running down.

I finally tear my gaze away form Alex and see my father to my side I turn to give my father a hug, but Alex's grip on my waist is still tight. I bring my attention back to him and give him a reaffirming smile, but he doesn't let go.

I chuckle, "Alex, I'm not going anywhere." He hold on for a couple moments longer, but eventually, reluctantly lets me go and I turn and wrap my hands around my dad.

"Mia Figlia, I was so worried about you." (My daughter,) I look up to my father and smiled lightly.

"Non ti preoccupare padre, non ho ancora finito di dare fastidio a tutti." (don't worry father I am not done annoying everyone yet).

My father chuckles and gives me one last squeeze. I turn back to my mother and see her crying at the sight of my father and I.

I make my way over to her again and give her another squeeze. She sniffles into my shoulder and holds tight onto me. "Layla, non spaventarci man put cosi" (Layla, don't ever scare us like that again.)

I chuckle hearing my mothers beg to me. "Provers la Mia migliore madre" (I will try my best mother.) I tell her as I back away and brush away the tear that escaped my eye. She smiles brightly towards me once more, holding all the love in the world.

"Ora tutti cioche dobbiamo fare e quel figlio di puttana" (Now all we have to do is kill those son of a bitches). I hear Alex's voice come form behind and I spin to face him.

I didn't know that Alex spoke Italian. It's a good thing I never cursed him out in Italian. When I get heated, that is always when my Italian comes out the most prominent. I decide to ignore that new information for now and bring it up to him on a later occasion.

"So what's the plan?" I question while looking at Alex. I see him smile at me in return. I am ready to kill as many of those bastards as we are able to.

The Russians broke the peace treaty when they stepped onto Irish mafia territory and opened fire. We may be in Mexico, but Alex owns property all over. It was just icing on the cake for Alex when they came into our home. That was the last straw and that meant war. Of course they knew this but they didn't really care. Dimitri, had a personal vendetta against Alex, but no one really knew why.

After hours of sitting through the briefing of the attack plan the boys had all concluded their parts and the plan was all set and ready for three days from now. Everyone seemed to be ready for the attack, the next step was to give some last minute training to some of the men that was brought to Mexico with us.

I was eager and ready to kill some Russians. After everyone finished speaking, I turned to Alex and asked, "So when do we leave?"

There was silence as Alex shots daggers in my direction. "You are not going Layla." Alex spoke within emotion or expression as he told me this.

I laughed and then realized that he wasn't joking. "Please tell me you're joking."

"This isn't up for discussion." Alex then turned his attention away from me and was starting to speak again.

I cut him off and continued, "The hell it isn't" I basically screamed at him.

Alex balled up his fists and I saw his jaw clench at my outburst. I know that this is not the time to be having this fight, but it is not for Alex to tell me whether I am gonna do this is or not. 

"They came into our home and attacked me Alex, not you. This is my fight just as much as it is yours." I argue.

My mother grabbed my forearm as a warning, but I pulled my arm out of her grasp and continued to stare at Alex. He then whips his head in my direction, "Go to our room, we will discuss this later."

"No, Alex." I scream back at him and the look he gives me next, makes me wish I would have not said anything.

Alex breathes heavy and his nostrils flare. "LAYLA NOW!" He shouts at me, making me flinch. He doesn't have any emotion and I know that this is not the Alex I fell in love with, he has never yelled at me before.

I am not even sad, I am just angry. I know that standing here won't do anything. I continue to stare at him for a while, but I decide to just do as I am told. I huff and then go to walk out, but not before I loudly say, "Stronzo" (asshole).

I refuse to be treated like a toddler in timeout. The big boys don't get to play while I stay home. 

I push past everyone and make my way upstairs. I head into our bedroom and decide that a shower would do me good. It is only 3pm. I know that we will all be having a homemade dinner as I smelt the amazing food while passing the kitchen.

I step into the bathroom and strip down. I turn the water on and step in. The water feels amazing after not having a shower for awhile in the hospital. I step out of the shower and rub lotion all over. I then dry my hair and straighten it.

It is hot outside, but with AC being on I decide that a dress would be okay. Walking into the massive closet that is set outside the door, I see that my clothes are on the right side. I pick out a pair of heels and dress.

Just as I finish getting dressed I hear a knock on the door.

"Come in" I call out knowing it's not Alex. If it were him he would have just come in without knocking.

"Hey Layla, dinner is ready. Wow you look like your old self again."

"Yeah I feel much better after the shower. Has he cooled off?" I ask, hoping he has, but I have a feeling that we have only just started.

"Not really, but you can sit next to me instead so you don't have to really look at each other at all."

A sigh of relief comes out of me and I hear a laugh from my sister. "We should get going, they are all waiting on us." My sister informs me and we both head for the dinning room.

We make our way there and I see that there is a full table of people. My family, Alex's family, and several of Alex's main men. There is around fifteen people around the table.

Alex is conversing with his father as well as mine. There is two spots open next to each other, both next to my father. I decide to sit right next to my father, I don't want Alex to intimate me right now, he is my husband after all.

I avoid eye contact with Alex during the whole dinner, I am making small talk with my mother and Elaine, as well as Mia. Suddenly while we are eating, Alex's father, Daniel, directs his attention towards me.

"Now Layla, is there any chance of seeing grandkids around anytime soon?" Daniel looks at me with all seriousness.

My breathing hitches and I feel the tears coming to my eyes. The room is silent. I guess some the guests didn't get the memo about what happened. I hear Alex warn his father.

"Father." It is simple, but the look on Daniel's face says that he doesn't understand.

"Alex it's fine." Alex looks to me, I look to him with no expression and then look back to Daniel.

"I don't think that will be happening anytime soon." I finish and look back to Alex. His face is getting red and he is clutching the silverware tightly in his clenched hands.

Daniel seems to notice this as he continues, "Oh well that is shame. You two will make cute kids." Hesitation fills his movements as he looks from his son back to me.

Mia grabs my hand and I feel a tear roll down my cheek. Alex looks over to me and his face softens as he takes in my appearance. Alex hates to see me cry, but I pray he keeps his mouth shut.

"Have I said something wrong?" Daniel questions as he looks back to me. Puzzlement fills his face as he tries to decipher the situation.

"No of course not." I try to reassure him as I explain. "During the...." I struggle to find an appropriate word. "...confrontation, a couple days ago, I unfortunately lost a baby." I finish my sentence and the realization hits me that this is the first time I have acknowledged it out loud.

"Oh my God Layla, I am so sorry." Daniel looks to me with a look of concern and sorrow. I notice that everyone is now looking to me and has stopped eating.

I don't like that everyone is looking to me. I clear my throat and blink to clear my tears. Looking back to Daniel, "It's fine, really. Everyone can keep eating,." When no one moves I throw in a,  "Please." I finish and stare down at my plate.

Then I hear Alex clear his throat for everyone to avert their attention away from me. I am thankful for him doing this, but I can't look at him right now.

For one, I am still mad at him and secondly, I think I would break down if I saw his stare right now.

As everyone finishes up, Mia and I gather the dishes and take them to the kitchen. I am careful not to make eye contact with anyone as I gather the dishes from the table.

Once all the dishes have been cleared and cleaned by my mother and myself, I notice that most people have gone to bed, while a few people stay up and sit around the television and converse. I decide to join them as I walk over to the bar.

I grab an expensive bottle of whiskey and pour myself a hefty amount. I gulp it down in one swig as I try not to cough from the burning in the back of my throat. From my gaze I can see Alex staring at me from his spot on the couch, his gaze never wavering. I pour myself another as I go to sit down.

I sit next to my sister. I notice that it is Mia, Giovanni, Caleb, and Alex. I try to not look at Alex as I talk to Giovanni.

"So Layla, are you gonna go to the warehouse with us tomorrow?" My brother questions me as he sips his beer.

"Probably. I haven't worked out in a while. Although I don't know how much I can do." I say thinking back to my injuries.

"The doctor's say it should be okay to participate in physical activity considering you have healed very well. Just nothing to extraneous" Mia chips in.

"Well I am a Russo after all." My siblings and I all get a good laugh. "I could probably show the recruits a thing or two." taking another sip, I finally look over to Alex.

Alex is intently listening to my conversation with no emotion showing. I can tell that he is still angry with me, but I don't really care. I advert my attention back to Giovanni as he replies.

"You could give some shooting lessons or some blade throwing tips." My brother points out.

"It's been a long time since I have done throwing. Maybe a year or two."

"Yeah that was always your speciality." Giovanni beams.

I chuckle and then finish my glass of whiskey. I stand up and decide I should head to bed. It has been a long day.

"Well, I should take my leave. Goodnight everyone."

Everyone says there goodnights to me and I see out of the corner of my eye, Alex stands up and is following me up the stairs.

Well this is gonna be interesting.

**************

Hello Loves,

Thank you for reading, each and everyone one of you mean so much to me!!!

I am sorry of any of the Italian is incorrect, please correct me!

See you all soon!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.6M 632K 75
Yaduvanshi series #1 An Arranged Marriage Story. POWER!!!!! That's what he always wanted. He is king of a small kingdom of Madhya Pradesh but his pow...
456K 25K 17
𝐒𝐡𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐚 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 𝐱 𝐑𝐮𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐤𝐬𝐡 𝐑𝐚𝐣𝐩𝐮𝐭 ~By 𝐊𝐚𝐣𝐮ꨄ︎...
1.1M 14.7K 52
NOT EDITED YET Gracie Owen's a headstrong journalist major rooms with her childhood best friend JJ Anderson for junior year, little does she know she...
1.2M 38.3K 65
Ailee ate her ice cream licking every bit of it and then Xavier pushed his cup infront of her. She looked confusingly at him. "Eat." "No you eat. Its...