Salute {Leah Clearwater}โด

By radiantmoonx

โ True love doesn't mean being inseparable; it means being separated and nothing changes. โž ... More

โ–ฌ ๐ฌ๐š๐ฅ๐ฎ๐ญ๐ž.
โ–ฌ ๐œ๐š๐ฌ๐ญ.
โ–ฌ ๐ž๐ฉ๐ข๐ ๐ซ๐š๐ฉ๐ก + ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐š๐ฒ๐ฅ๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ.
prologue.
two - new friends
three - rachel
four - giant dogs
five - colorado
six - brown eyes
seven - imprint
eight - josiah lahote and leah clearwater
nine - meeting pim
ten - wolf out of the bag
eleven - danger
twelve - the cullens
thirteen - the plan
fourteen - don't bring guns to a vampire fight!
fifteen - afterwards
sixteen - the tragedy
seventeen - letting go
eighteen - don't leave me
nineteen - farewell
twenty - training
twenty one - missing piece
twenty two - part of the job
twenty three - brothers
twenty four - birthday call
twenty five - mission gone wrong
twenty six - getting through it
twenty seven - can't leave you behind
twenty eight - waiting is not easy
twenty nine - worrisome
thirty - coming back...
thirty one - the world comes crashing down
thirty two - the five stages
thirty three - leaving again?
thirty four - unexpected surprise
thirty five - that day
thirty six - difficult decision making
thirty seven - prisoners of war
thirty eight - fighting through it
thirty nine - earning justice
forty - i was never gone
epilogue.
*the big question
*special day
*growing family

one - welcome home

11.6K 370 17
By radiantmoonx

chapter i.

❝ You ass! Why didn't you tell me you were coming home? ❞

la push, washington
may 27, 2007

JOSIAH'S HEART could be heard from a mile away, excitement running through his veins, he was to finally see his mother and brother after four years of serving in the military. Of course, he made sure to Skype call and call over the phone here and there but it was not the same as seeing them face to face.

Trees passed by as Josiah drove in his black 2005 Jeep Wrangler. The thing that the young soldier missed most about La Push would definitely have to be the greenery that surrounded the small reservation. Seeing the tall pine trees around him gave Josiah a sense of nostalgia as he remembered their first time they arrived at La Push after his parent's divorce, bringing a smile to his face.

Eleven-year-old Josiah stood outside of their new house in La Push, Washington with a scowl on his face. He hated his mother right now. He did not want to move to a new place away from his friend Liam and their father. Grabbing his belongings from their small car, Josiah made his way inside and towards an empty room that his mother told him would be his and Paul's room. He didn't mind sharing rooms with his younger brother; however, it did bother him how small it was.

"Jay, let's go out and play," Josiah turned to face his brother who had a bright smile on his face.

"We should unpack first before we go out and explore this new place," Josiah turned back around and started opening his bag which contained all his clothes. Paul let out a groan behind him, "Come on Jay."

"I said later Paul," Josiah gave him a look over his shoulder which quickly shut his little brother up. "Start organizing your stuff over there," Josiah pointed over to a drawer in the left corner of their room. Josiah heard Paul give a sigh causing him to smile down at him.

"The faster we finish, the faster we will go out and explore. I promise." Josiah said without taking his attention from folding his clothes and putting them away in a much smaller drawer in the other corner of the room.

"Okay," Paul mumbled, starting to fold his clothes as well.

About 3 hours went by before the Lahote siblings collapsed on one of the beds while letting out a long sigh causing them to chuckle afterward. They stayed like that for a couple more minutes before eight-year-old Paul jumped up and started pulling Josiah up by his arm.

"Come on Josiah! Come on!" Paul jumped up and down while still trying to pull Josiah up from the bed, "Let's go and play now!"

Josiah laughed at his little brother's attempt in trying to pull him up. Paul let out a grunt as he struggled to pull his big brother.

"Alright, all right," Josiah finally stood up, "Let's go." The siblings walked out of their room hand in hand and went towards the kitchen where their mother stood organizing everything.

"Mama," Josiah calls out, "Paul and I are going to have a look around. Is that okay?"

"Of course baby," Mary, their mother, said looking at them, "Just be back before it starts to get dark and be careful, okay?"

"Yes mama," Paul smiled up at his mother and pulled Josiah out the door.

Once outside Paul and Josiah headed straight for the woods. Paul giggled as they walked causing Josiah to smile down at him.

They continued down a path until they found themselves at the La Push beach causing both boys to smile. "Race ya," Josiah pushed Paul playful before sprinting towards the water; Paul not far behind.

Upon reaching the water Josiah did not hesitate to jump in — laughing. However, noticing that he did not see or hear Paul, he turned around to find his little brother looking at the water hesitantly — look of fear on his face.

"Hey Paul, what's wrong?" Josiah asked concerned walking over to him.

"I'm scared," Paul whispered looking down in shame. Josiah smiled softly, "It's okay. I'm right here." Paul looked back up and smiled at his older brother.

Taking Paul's hand in his, Josiah led him in the water. At first, Paul was tense and holding on tight to his brother's hand but then started to relax after accidentally splashing his brother in the face causing him to laugh and splash him again — on purpose this time. The siblings continued to play around in the water until Josiah noticed the sun going down and Paul starting to shiver. Together they walked home both shivering and dripping wet.

"Oh my god! What happened? Why are you soaking wet?" Mary exclaimed at the sight of her children shivering at the door. The only response she got was giggles from both of them as they ran to her and hugged her. She yelped in protest as they hugged her, wetting her clothes. The boys continued to giggle at their mother's discomfort until she cracked a smile and hugged them back laughing lightly.

"Let's get you boys dried up."

Josiah was pulled away from the memory as he saw the all too familiar tiny, brown house in his view. The smile on Josiah's face widened even more at the sight and quickly parked his jeep in the driveway. Getting out of his jeep he didn't have time to close the door before he was attacked with a hug and tears staining his clothes. Not waiting for a second longer Josiah wrapped his arms around his mother's small body and pulled her closer. Josiah's vision started to go blurry due to the tears he was holding back. Their hug lasted a total of 20 seconds and when they both pulled away Mary placed both of her hands on either side of her son's face and simply stared at him. She was finally able to see her son's face up close since he left four years ago — bringing more tears in her eyes. Josiah gently wiped away some of the tears on his mother's face and placed his forehead against hers after giving it a kiss.

"Hey mama," Josiah whispered not taking his eyes off of his mother's eyes.

"Welcome home baby," Mary whispered back.

After giving her son one last hug and a kiss on either cheek they both made their way inside the small house. Mary quickly walked over to the kitchen and started piling food onto a plate, making Josiah chuckle. She placed the plate down on the table and motioned Josiah to sit down. Josiah obeyed and sat down grabbing the utensils and began eating. Silence filled the small house as Mary continued to stare at her son — afraid that he was going to disappear, again.

Feeling his mother's gaze on him Josiah looked up while still chewing and sent her a smile, "How have you been mama?"

Mary sighed contently, "I've been good Jay."

Josiah's mother began to ramble about everything that has happened since he was gone — like she never told him the exact same thing over phone calls. But Josiah didn't mind; he liked hearing his mother's voice. Josiah's smile never left his mouth as he watched his mother express her frustration with someone at work. Noticing that she has been talking far too long Mary finally asked her son how he and Liam have been. Josiah couldn't tell his mother what he has been through over in Afghanistan, so he decided to leave some parts out and simply tell her what Liam and he have been doing at the base — training.

"I should call Paul," Mary stands up and heads for the phone, "He's going to be so happy you're here."

"Don't tell him I'm here tho."

"I won't. Don't worry," Mary chuckled at her son's excited eyes at the mention of Paul.

Josiah stood up and made his way to the door, "While you make the call I'm going to get my stuff to bring to my room." Mary nodded her head and grabbed the phone, dialing the numbers to Paul's house.

Meanwhile, Josiah headed towards his Jeep and grabbed his two duffel bags along with his backpack. Heading back inside Josiah made his way to his old room that he used to share with Paul and started to unpack some of his clothes. After being finished with one duffel bag he moved on to the next but did not get very far.

"Hey mama, what's so important?" Josiah's smile returned as he heard Paul's voice just outside his door.

"I have a surprise for you," Mary struggled to maintain a blank face as Paul looked down at her with a confused expression. Before he could ask what she meant, Paul was startled at the sound of a door opening and a loud voice announcing their presence.

"Hey little brother," Josiah greeted Paul with a huge smile on his face.

Paul felt tears forming at the corner of his eyes as he stared at his older brother whom he has not seen in years. Without thinking Paul ran over to Josiah and wrapped his arms around his brother. Josiah returned the hug without a second thought. Pulling away Paul quickly wiped away the tears that started to make their way down his face making Josiah chuckle.

"You ass! Why didn't you tell me you were coming home?" Paul playfully punched Josiah on the arm and tried to withhold any more tears that threaten to fall from his eyes.

"To surprise you! Why else?" Josiah laughed at seeing his younger brother struggling to hold back tears that were still visible in his eyes.

Paul let out a sigh and rubbed his eyes with the palm of his hands. After making sure that no more tears would fall from his eyes Paul hugged his brother once more, and whispered, "I missed you."

"I missed you too."

Josiah and Paul made their way to La Push beach pushing and shoving each other playfully along the way. Wanting to catch up with each other and overall hang out they decided to make a trip to La Push beach. Once there the Lahote siblings sat down at the sandy beach and talked like they used to before he had to leave — before Josiah enlisted in the army with Liam.

"How long are you home for?" Paul finally asked the question he was hesitant on asking.

Josiah didn't answer his question immediately. "30 days," Josiah answered without looking at Paul's fact and instead continued to stare at the crashing waves onshore. Paul nodded a frown making its way on his face. He didn't want to think about his brother leaving again, but he couldn't stop thinking about it.

"Let's not think about that right now tho," Josiah spoke up after noticing the frown on Paul's face. Paul sighed but nodded and forced a smile back on his face.

"Hey," Paul changed the topic and turned to face Josiah with a look of excitement on his eyes, "How would you like to meet my friends tomorrow."

◣▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔◢

║𝐀𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫'𝐬 𝐍𝐨𝐭𝐞!║

⋆∴༄ Hello!! I hope you enjoyed the first chapter of Salute. I know it might seem really boring but please give my story a try ― it's barely starting. I promise that the chapters will get better and longer.

☾ radiantmoonx ☽

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

234K 6.7K 41
โ i'm devoting myself to you, i am giving myself to you. โž ๐ž๐ฆ๐›๐ซ๐ฒ ๐œ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ, a boy that can shapeshift into a large werewolf ends up imprinting on...
159K 3.5K 17
The Imprint is a connection. A connection so strong that it is so much more than just infatuation. Almost always, the imprint becomes romantic, not r...
41.8K 938 21
โ› I'M NOT LETTING YOU BE ALONE EVER AGAIN. I PROMISE. โœ in which a girl finds her soulmate and spends forever with him.
6.8K 184 17
"๐๐ข๐ญ๐ž ๐ฆ๐ž ๐š๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ก๐จ๐ฅ๐ž'' ๐ฌ๐ก๐ž ๐ฌ๐ง๐š๐ซ๐ค๐ข๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ฌ๐ง๐š๐ฉ๐ฉ๐ž๐. "๐ˆ ๐œ๐จ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ ๐ข๐Ÿ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฐ๐š๐ง-'' ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐ฌ๐จ๐ฎ๐ง๐ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐š ๐๐จ๐จ๐ซ ๐›๐ž...