Crystallized Truth

By EinfaAsshi

In an age of technology of extensive discoveries, Dehradun is a city in India defying science and nature ever... More

Prologue
Cast & Intro
Chapter 1 - Welcome To Dehradun
Chapter 2 - Meeting Eachother
Chapter 3 - A Bad Start
Chapter 4 - Weird Relations
Chapter 5 - Bonfire and Fireworks
Chapter 6 - Stirring Feelings
Chapter 7 - Stirring Hearts
Chapter 9 - Dinner and Darkness
Chapter 10 - Attack
Chapter 11 - Trailer
Chapter 12 - Surprisingly Surprise
Chapter 13 - New Ways
Chapter 13 (b) - New Ways
Chapter 14 - Scary Thoughts
Attention!!
Chapter 15 - Cold Evening
Chapter 16 - Liability
Chapter 16(b) - Setting stage
Chapter 17 - Slice of Truth
Chapter 18 - Arc
Chapter 19 - First Step
Chapter 20 - Confusion and Surprises
Chapter 21 - Search for Facts
Chapter 22 - Icy Flames
Chapter 22|b| - Icy Flames
Chapter 23 - A Key
Chapter 24 - Killer Power
Chapter 25 - Silver Lining
Chapter 26 - Behind the Scene
Chapter 27 - Unrecognizable World
Chapter 28 - Chocolate and Blood
Chapter 29 - Shifting Shades
Chapter 30 - Bridges to Cross
Chapter 31 - Suffocating Thoughts
Chapter 32 - Cunning of Fox
Chapter 33 - Battling Each Other
Chapter 34 - Murderer or Not
Chapter 35 - Acquaintance of Past
Chapter 36 - A New Twist

Chapter 8 - Art of Closeness

217 21 31
By EinfaAsshi

Note:
I received some complains regarding names. Readers are having difficulty in remembering the names with past ones.

So, I have a tip for you guys.

Notice the ending or starting letters and match them with past one.

ia of Amelia is similar to iya of piya.

ey of Ashley is similar to ay of Abhay.

Ar of Archie is similar to Ar of Arnav.

Besides, I'll be adding inline comments having past name of characters.

From Arshi I'll write past name of Khushi.

And,

From Abhiya, the past name will be of Abhay.

So, female character of one couple and the male character of another couple.

This is for convenience since I can't put name of over every character. It will be all mixed up otherwise.

...........

Under the shadow of clouds, the stuff they brought for camping, were scattered on rough ground. Cold wind was throwing things around and sitting on their knees, they were busy holding on every thing that wind dared to touch. Their hair distracting them in their efforts but they remained busy in their work.

"We're done" Amelia announced slinging the bag as she stood up with Ava.

"But I'm not done with you!" Ashley said standing up quickly, his words conveying a meaning that he himself didn't realise.

Amelia raised her eyebrow and ran her eyes around the boys. Their jaws were dropped and shock ran over their faces. Even Ava was giving her looks.

Can't think before talking idiot, Amelia thought.

"You in your senses?" Amelia questioned slowly and carefully in a taunting manner, the danger in her voice lurked. She wasn't going to allow him, to make fun of her, in that way.

"Camping was your plan and we agreed to accompany, now you have to come with me, with us, for hiking and climbing mountain." Ashley said, completely ignoring her question and completely clueless of what meaning his previous words stirred, in the mind of his friends.

Finally understanding Ashley, Amelia rolled her eyes and crossed her arms over her chest. She gave a meaningful glare to Ashley.

"Say, what made you think I'll agree to any of your idea?" Amelia questioned. She didn't find the idea bad but she surely find the person, giving idea, not likeable.

"Then I'll think you're scared of Climbing!" Ashley shrugged, wanting to hit on her ego so she would agree.

"After lunch then" Amelia gritted, agreeing for climbing and quickly turned around "let's go, Ava"

Her talk with Ava, was pending and she didn't want to forget the important stuff by arguing with Ashley.

"Nope" Ashley announced, halting her steps. "In the evening."

Ashley wanted to show who the boss was. Everything should be according to his terms, even if that meant things not at appropriate time.

Amelia clenched her teeth, wanting to lash out at the guy but she stopped herself and took deep breaths. She wanted to get away from boys and spend some time with Ava. Actually wanted some answers from Ava.

Without arguing and without agreeing, Amelia walked away holding Ava hand. Her silence brought satisfaction for Ashley and he grinned, knowing he won this time.

"When did you plan hiking?" Archie questioned bitterly, he did not like being left out of a planning.

"Just now" Ashley shrugged and stuffed his things in bag.

Beside them, Ethan worked silently and did not let himself be the part of the argument.

"You should have informed us, before involving girls." Archie pointed sharply, he did not mind hiking but being shocked was surely not his favourite thing.

"Do you have any problem with my idea?" Ashley questioned in same tone, stopping his work and turning to Archie. His arrogance showing on his face.

Archie hesitated. Denying the idea meant losing his moment with Ava and he wasn't ready for it.

"But we are friends, Ash" Archie came with answer

"Is that you Archie, saying we are friends?" Ashley asked with amused smirk.

Archie looked away and didn't answer. Ashley was his friend but he wasn't going to admit that he remained annoyed of Ash so to knock some sense in his thickhead.

"Someone is changing!" Ashley said taking pleasure in troubling Archie.

Archie grunted and busied himself in packing. Smirks from Ashley did not go unnoticed by him, but he acted not seeing anything.

In their little moment, Archie and Ashley did not realize the weird behaviour of Ethan. His unusual silence, which didn't allow him to stop the argument of Archie and Ashley, as he would do usually.

.

Swirling the spoon in her hand, Amelia watched the silent Ava. Her dropped head, busy in eating, clearly showed Ava was ignoring her.

Being together from childhood, they could easily pick the subtle feelings of each other, through the gestures and actions. Nothing about the other was hidden from them. Even if they tried to hide, their eyes would give away their feelings. So, secrets weren't part of their relation. Not before. Not now. Not ever.

"Tell me, why the name Archie, is suddenly repulsive to you?" Amelia asked bluntly. Beating around the bushes, wasn't part of their relation.

Ava dropped her spoon in plate and raised her head. Her green eyes met with the light brown eyes of Amelia. Silence, and then Ava gave an audible sigh. Leaning on chair, she dropped their eye contact and pressed her forehead.

Worry pooled in Amelia eyes, but she didn't dare to break the silence. The question was spoken and the answer was going to be the only source, breaking the silence.

"Because" Ava pressed her lips and make an eye contact, giving away the answer to Amelia, but words were meant to be spoken.

"Am afraid" Ava accepted quietly

Amelia watched her intently and Ava avoided looking at her. Their mind playing a moment, they lived in their childhood. A gross memory, they were not able to erase from their past.

"What did you notice?" Amelia asked when Ava did not dare to explain her fears

Ava inhaled sharply and took the glass, half filling it with water. Taking a quick gulps, she placed the glass on table and watched the shallow water, swirling in glass. Gathering her thoughts, she looked at Amelia this time.

"Coincidents!!" Ava answered "so many coincidents that I'll hardly call them coincident."

Amelia brows furrowed. Clasping her hands over the table, she leaned forward, wanting to know more.

"He met me right after our landing. Our first day. Then he happened to be on the same place where we were. That too next day. We didn't miss a day and kept on meeting. Our situations started to correspond in one way or other." Ava spoke looking at Amelia but having far off look, as if recalling each and every moment.

"And the most shocking coincident being, same hotel, and rooms being right in front of each other. Isn't it too much to not believe, it is preplanned?" Ava questioned, her eyes boring in Amelia, searching for answer.

Amelia pressed her thumbs together and placed her hands under her chin. She recalled each and every word of Ava, in her mind. Rubbing her chin, she looked at table and then at Ava.

"You're right," Amelia admitted with a nod "its a bit more than it should be."

Ava leaned on chair with tired look. Her shoulders slumped and her brain jumbled with thoughts. Fear was also playing in her heart.

"But if Archie is a stalker then his two friends will be, too. Don't you think?" Amelia said thinking over the whole matter, it wasn't possible that one person was bad and others were not.

"Maybe or maybe not. They never tried to get involved in us as Archie did. " Ava said shrugging her shoulder, she didn't mind Ethan and Ashley. They never unnerved her as much Archie did.

"Then we should try to find about him." Amelia paused "and others too."

"Question about their life and then find if they are telling truth." Amelia said thoughtfully, as she formulated the plan.

"And we can get the details by our agent too. He has the software to track every tiny detail of every person in world." Ava said, suddenly excited that they could find the truth without any misunderstanding.

"Perfect!" Amelia exclaimed with a glint in her eyes. Ava idea was the bestest they could come up with. They would get every detail without tiny doubt.

"Time to find who they really are" Ava said, pulling out her phone from pocket. She was determined to know the truth, she didn't want to fall for any other conspiracy.

Amelia smiled, taking a sip of water and admiring her best friend. Ava was sharp and smart, observing little things and coming up with best solutions, and yet staying in background, not coming in open to flaunt her intelligence. That's why she admired her most and respect more.

.

Already hidden by clouds, sun was now setting, letting the coldness intensified with spreading darkness. Wind was starting to blow strongly, causing it difficult to spend time outside.

But, the two groups of youngsters, merging into one group, were adamant to complete their task, decided in morning. They were gathered near the base of a steep mountain, having different ways to climb it, with broken sides, forming more than one peak.

"We'll climb to the highest peak and see who wins" Ashley said to Amelia, pointing towards the main peak of the damaged mountain.

"Cool" Amelia said with smirk, she was confident of her win and particularly excited to win from Ashley.

"And the loser will listen to every word of winner for next two days." Ashley put forward the winning prize, with a calm smile. He had climbed the mountains and was sure of his win too.

"Amazent" Amelia remarked, fascinated by the idea of ordering Ashley for two days. She knew the art of climbing and hiking. After all, photography isn't easy job.

Ava looked at the two. Her eyes turned to the sky and she observed the weather. Snow fall seemed inevitable and wind wasn't in favour of high climbing either. She wanted to stop Amelia but after hearing the price, she was sure Amelia wouldn't listen.

Shaking her head in discontent, she searched for her own climbing spot.

"I'll climb to the smallest one" Ava announced pointing to the lowest peak of mountain "but I won't race with anyone"

"Same here!" Archie said, wanting to be with Ava. Racing and climbing, both at same time wasn't his cup of tea anyway.

Ava looked at Archie. She didn't expect him to follow her words and surprise was clear on her face. His gaze turned to her too and they were unable to look away from each other.

"You guys will miss the prize, think about it." Ashley said turning to Ava and Archie, it wasn't his matter, but he thought to warn them anyway.

"No racing" Ava shook her head, she wasn't in mood of adventure and surely not in mood to be ordered by Archie, if she lost.

"Yeah we're fine without competition" Archie said looking at Ava, he didn't want any competition with anyone and Ava, in that matter. Beside Ava was all he wanted.

"As you wish" Ashley shrugged, not caring for their conditions, since it had nothing to do with him.

"What about you, Ethan?" Ashley questioned turning to his friend, who was acting all weird, from some days.

"Am not participating!" Ethan said, shaking his head. His face showed no emotions.

"What?!" Shouts resonated in the silence, no one expected a surrender from Ethan.

Most effected by his decision were Ashley and Archie.

"But why?" Ashley asked, shocked that Ethan was avoiding the moment of enjoyment when he loved adventures in past.

"Because I don't know climbing!" Ethan said looking down, with a bit of embarrassment. His ears heated up and turned red.

"Have you seen your height? More than all of us and you are the one scared of climbing mountain, brilliant." Ashley taunted pointing at his, 6 feet 4 inches, height.

"Am not scared, I just don't know the tricks to climb." Ethan objected, trying to hide his embarrassment.

"There's no tricks." Archie said, crossing his arms over his chest.

"But there's method and I don't know even H of climbing." Ethan whined, he wanted to end the matter soon.

"That's because there's no H of climbing." Ashley pointed, rolling his eyes at the idioticy of his stupid friend.

"But there's of H of hiking." Ethan retorted with confidence

All of them, gave him looks for his absurd remarks.

"You guys go, but am not coming to die, that's it." Ethan sat stubbornly

"I'll make you sleep outside the hotel, o n roads, if you won't climb!" Ashley threatened in a serious tone, his threats always worked. But things were changed.

"Am not listening" Ethan said, without looking at Ashley, acting as if he was deaf.

"Ethan, it'll be fun!" Ava said softly, she wanted all of them to enjoy when they were getting time. It wasn't like they would get such moments always.

Ethan sighed and looked at her. The look in his eyes, as he looked at Ava, scared Archie.

"I can't do it, please!" Ethan said slowly, his eyes pleading softly.

Ava nodded in understanding, bringing a smile on Ethan's face. She didn't want to force anyone.

Ashley gave a curious look to Ethan. Ethan was soft hearted person, no doubt, but he never talked so lovingly with anyone. It made him wonder, why was Ethan behaving so odd, when it came to Ava.

Shrugging, Ashley, prepared himself to climb with others.

Placing a safety rubber around the mountain, just in case they fall, Amelia and Ashley took their positions to climb. They looked at each other and smirked.

On the count of three, by Ethan, they raced in climbing.

Ava watched the two from ground. Both were striving hard to be ahead of other but were not able to succeed completely.

Finding them halfway, Ava binded her hair in scarf, so not to be disturbed, while climbing. She held on rough edges and started to climb, carefully as wind passed through her. Archie came beside her and she avoided looking at her.

Reaching the peak, they had marked, a kind of small clove, Archie bend over the edge. Ava was about to reach too.

Ava held the edge and pulled herself over the peak. She looked at Archie. Her heartbeat increased, looking at him so closely, with just wind as their companion.

Desperate to get out of the strange feelings, Ava turned around and twisted her feet. Her heart thumped as she lost control over her body and the ground below, came in her view.

She was about to fall, when Archie held her hand and pulled her towards him.

The force with which Ava fell on Archie, made him stumble backward. A sharp pain pierced through his head and Archie yelped.

Ava finding the control over her body, stood up straight and observed Archie. His face was scrunched in pain and he was holding the back of his head.

With her heart racing in her chest and her hands clammy with anxiety, worry took over her and she hesitated to check.

Noticing the blood on his hand, she couldn't control herself and forgetting every apprehension, Ava held his hand.

"Turn around" Ava ordered, standing by his side and holding his arm.

Archie looked at her worried face and forgot the pain in his head. Silently, he obeyed her, turned around, while his eyes turned to her.

She checked the back of his head and noticed the blood flowing from injury. He had hit his head on the sharp edge, it seemed. Mist came in her eyes and her hand shivered as she inspected the depth.

It was all because of her. If she had acted a little sensible and had not got carried away by her emotions. She would not have slipped and Archie would have been fine.

The blood in her hand was hurting her and she didn't know how to stop the bleeding. Her eyes moved in frenzy. They were at height and it wasn't possible to get Archie down with the blood flowing.

That's when it came to her mind.

Her scarf! Yeah!!

Immediately, Ava pulled her scarf from hair, letting them fall on her back and fly in air. She pressed the scarf on his injury, while biting her lower lip in worry.

Archie wasn't able to look at her face but her soft hand touching his head and her hair caressing his face, made him feel heaven. Her soft scent was calming him. He forgot the pain in his head and closed his eyes, feeling her heavenly touch and soothing presence.

"Its fine now" Ava breathed in relief, when the blood stopped flowing.

Archie felt the relief in her shaky voice and his heart overwhelmed with peace.

She cares for me, Archie thought.

"Is it paining?" Ava asked turning to face him.

Archie observed the panic and worry on her face. Looking directly in her concern eyes, he nodded in negative and watched as relief flooded her face. She closed her eyes, giving out the breath.

A soft smile played on his face. Her hair was playing in air and she looked ethereal with her eyes closed, and clouds behind her.

His eyes were not having enough of her serene face.

She opened her eyes, and noticed the smile and lost look on his face. She looked away immediately, remembering their closeness of moment ago and the way she lost control seeing him in little pain. She regretted panicking the way she did.

"What's wrong with me" She thought looking at the mountains and forest spread at distance

"I won!" Amelia shouted, scrambling on top.

At the same time, Ashley hurried beside her and unable to grasp the gravity, fell on Amelia, knocking the wind out of her lungs and he laid top on her, under the fluffy clouds and on the top of mountain.

"What the.. heck!!" Amelia winced, feeling the tough terrain poking in her body with Ashley body pressing her further, causing the rough edges to hurt more.

"Yeah heck!! Who said you won? Am the winner!!" Ashley said breathing heavily, due to the excruciating task of climbing. He was not paying heed to the fact, he was over her.

Amelia eyes filled with fiery, forgetting the pain of fall, she looked at him with anger.

"You lost, okay? I reached first!" Amelia said, her mind buzzing with the option of losing to this loser.

"Now, stop whining and accept you're loser." Ashley said mocking her, he enjoyed troubling her.

"You, cheater!!" Amelia shouted getting angry, she pushed him so hard that he fell on the side hitting his arm on stone.

"Oww" Ashley yelped, trying to sat up.

"What ouch huh?" Amelia said enraged, she turned towards him and gripped his collar in fist "can't digest you lost it, yeah? So you'll cheat eh?"

"Woah, calm down woman!!" Ashley said taken aback by her anger "you really didn't win, okay?" He was unable to move his arm due to the way Amelia was leaning over him and it was hurting his arm.

Furious, Amelia punched him in stomach, leaving him breathless. She raised her hand to punch again, but Ashley held her hand swiftly and pinning her to ground, came over her.

"Too fiesty for your size" Ashley remarked, exasperated by her violence.

"Leave me" Amelia spat, struggling to get out of his grip. She didn't care for the scratches her hands might get, due to the rocky terrain.

"Look, if you don't trust me then Ethan is sitting below there. We can ask him, since he must be watching over us, as he was asked to. But you didn't win, get this thing in your tiny mind." Ashley said in loud and clear voice so she would understand and accept she lost.

"I don't trust you!!" Amelia shouted "you're cheater!" She was sure of her win, and if not win, then she was sure, she didn't lose either. She thought he was cheating her, since he couldn't win.

"Fine, don't trust me but stop being irrational and talk to Ethan, once we reach him, okay?" Ashley shouted and by mistake, pushed a little more force on her hand, hurting her.

Amelia winced in pain and Ashley realized his mistake. Cursing, he left her hand and moving away from her, stood up.

Amelia glared him and sat up, checking her wrists, showing red marks and cuts. She glared Ashley, who noticed them too, but didn't apologize.

"Now move, or planning to sit there, crying over your failure?" Ashley asked in an arrogant tone, her cuts disturbed him but it was a mistake and he saw, they were not deep.

Amelia gritted her teeth and stood up, with fiery dancing in her eyes. She pulled open her hair and ruffled them, so to clear the dirt that had tangled in them.

"I'll kill you for cheating on me" Amelia grunted, she was not going to him go easily.

Ashley raised his eyebrow and started to walk down the steep path of mountain, that led to ground. Amelia followed him, while muttering curses, loud enough for him to hear.

"What will happen, if I push you down this way? No one will suspect I killed you." Amelia said as they followed the trail of narrow path, around the edge of mountain, with no support to stop the fatal fall.

"Try it!!" Ashley said in dried voice, as he focused on walking the dangerous path.

He didn't show in his voice but he was getting scared of the girl beside him. She was really furious and he never met such dangerous girl ever before. A tigress, just as Archie named him.

The journey to ground was filled with numerous plans of Amelia, to throw Ashley down from height and killing him. Ashley didn't speak, lest Amelia put in action her plans.

Reaching the ground, they found Archie with scarf tied around his head. Ava was leaning on tree, busy on her phone and Ethan stood between the two. Silence was their fourth companion.

"Isn't that Ava scarf, Archie?" Amelia asked standing beside him, it was her way to calm and distract herself.

"Hit my head, so to stop the blood..." Archie shrugged with a soft smile, he didn't mind the injury. Not after his closeness with Ava.

"Always ends up with injuries!! Can't you be careful, Archie?" Ashley taunted, he didn't like Amelia talking with his friend and obviously, he didn't know the reason either.

"Have you seen yourself? Seems like took a bath in sand..." Archie trailed off, noticing Amelia more or less covered in dirt too

"... With little tigress?!" Archie bit his tongue realising he said it aloud on earning gasp from Ava.

Amelia eyes widened and her gaze turned to Ashley. They were reminded of their fight and the closeness, which it brought.

A kick landed in Archie stomach and he yelped, bending over. His eyes turned to Amelia who stood breathing fire.

"That's how he bathed in sand." Amelia gritted "don't you link him with me again, Archie. The consequences won't be good" Amelia warned, with her sharp eyes narrowed at the man who endured her kick.

"Calm down, little tigress. It was a mistake!!" Archie said raising his one hand in surrender, while holding his aching stomach with other.

"Ethan, who win?" Amelia asked, ignoring Archie, she wanted to know the truth and then plan her next move.

"Almost together. Can't tell." Ethan said shrugging with an innocent look, he didn't want to bear the same kick his friends tasted.

"Damn you." Amelia grunted, her plans of ordering Ashley went down the drain and she didn't like it bit.

Ashley smirked at her and she glared.

"Tonight movie at our place, what say?" Ethan asked with a grin on his face, he was waiting for this moment to compensate his non participation in hiking.

"Why not cinema?" Ava asked, raising her head from phone, where she was typing the important information.

"Cinemas here lack new technology and don't show new movies, that's why." Ethan explained with a smile

Ava sent the message to her agent and didn't say anything to Ethan.

"That'll be nice then" Amelia said, she knew it would annoy Ashley and she wanted to do exactly that.

"Don't you think you should've confirmed with us, Ethan?" Ashley asked crossing his arms over his chest, not caring for the girls who stood together hearing him burst at Ethan.

"We were already planning movie so what's wrong if they join us," Ethan answered, throwing a glance towards Ava who was still busy in her phone but had her ears open to their conversation that was turning into argument.

"Wonder..." Ashley stopped when his phone started ringing

Looking at the number, he cut the call and turned to Ethan. He opened his mouth to question but his phone rang again.

"Don't be jealous prick, go and listen to your girlfriend instead of disturbing your friends," Amelia said breezily, she wanted to annoy Ashley and she was getting desired effects.

Ashley glared her but she looked away with bored look, least effected by his anger.

Ashley was about to speak something, but his phone rang, distracting him once again. His face twisted into annoyance and he turned around receiving the call.

"Don't you understand I don't want to talk?" Ashley barked on phone, he didn't like the interruption.

"We were worried for you, son. You didn't contact since you went." His father's voice came from other side.

"But am not worried about you, so I don't wanna talk. Bye." Ashley snapped rudely and cut the call.

Ashley turned around with exasperation. He jumped back in shock and his heart almost came into his mouth.

The old man stood staring him with strange look. He looked fine in clean jeans. But his gray hair and weird look on face, was a bit unnerving.

Taking deep breath, Ashley normalized his system. It was all okay after all. Just a moment of sudden weirdness. Shaking his head, he tried to go but man came in his way, blocking his way and halting him.

"Excuse me?" Ashley questioned in annoyance when the man didn't move

The eery voice replied,

"You can't leave"

________________________________

Target- 13 votes. Update in two days.

12 votes, update on Saturday.

Otherwise, I'll update when free.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

102K 7.3K 24
The lavish wedding of ASR with Sheetal Khanna, got cancelled when Khushi and Aarav reached the venue, claiming to be his wife and son. Is Khushi sayi...
69 6 1
A school trip sets the stage for an unforgettable journey for nine children, each unaware of the thrilling escapades awaiting them. Among them, Abhig...
111K 4.2K 12
Khushi rescues Arnav from Shyam's clutches. Arnav and Khushi returns safely to Raizada Mansion. Khushi confrontation with Shyam takes place, NK suppo...
127K 8.4K 43
Sometimes your heart needs more time to accept what your mind already knows. This is the story of Aranv and Khushi who were only meant to be passeng...