Will of a Hero ● Todobakudeku...

By Pandalion23

Being the daughter of the Number One Hero, (Y/n) Yagi had to learn how to overcome her fears at a young age... More

Prologue
{0}
{1}
{2}
{3}
{4}
{5}
{6}
{7}
{8}
{9}
{10}
{11}
{12}
{13}
{14}
{15}
{16}
{17}
{18}
{19}
{20}
{21}
{22}
{24}
{25}
{26}
{27}
{28}
{29}
{30}
{31}
{32}
{33}

{23}

3K 118 19
By Pandalion23

"What?! A QUIRK ASSESSMENT TEST??"

You chuckled quietly while Ochaco gaped openly from a few feet over, glancing over at you with wide eye's before speaking up.

"But, we're going to miss orientation," she pointed out.

Aizawa had his back turned to all of you. "If you really wanna make the big leagues, you can't waste time on pointless ceremonies," he explains.

Some seem stunned, this definetly wasn't the traditional way of teaching get they were used too.

He went on. "Here at U.A., we're not tethered to traditions," he turned slightly to look at his class. "That means I get to run my class how ever I see fit."

Stiffening up, you could tell the atmosphere had changed U.A. was much more different than the media gave it credit for, everyone began to silently wonder what he had planned.

"You've been taking standardized tests most of your lives," he said, now fully turned to his students. "But, you never got to use your quirks in physical exams before." He held up his phone to reveal a list of scores. "The countries still trying to pretend were all created equal by not letting those with the most power excel. It's not rational," he looked around at all of you. "One day the ministry of educating will learn."

He the  looked at Katsuki, who stood next to you. "Bakugo, you managed to get the highest attack points on the entrance exam," the boy wasn't fazed as he was called out. "What was your distance throw with a soft ball, when you were in junior high?"

"67 meters, I think."

"Right, try doing it with your quirk," Aizawa said, handing over the softball to the boy.

Katsuki walked over to the circle to prepare for his throw. "Anything goes, just stay in the circle." Katsuki gripped the ball, preparing himself with a light stretch. "Go on, you're wasting our time."

"Alright man, you asked for it." Katsuki stated simply, then he put his feet down, anchoring himself, squatting down and preparing for his quirk, enhanced throw.

He didn't give anyone time to process once he reeled back his throwing arm, the softball in a tight grip in his palm, he surged forwards with a wide smirk on his face. "DIE!!" He shouted, a thunderous exposing ricocheting off his palm and into the softball, a cloud of smoke and embers struck the air and the softball was sent hurling into the sky.

You sweatdropped at his enthusiasm, his deathly language definetly shaking up some of the other students around you. You couldn't help but stare in awe though at the monstrous strength that one blast delivered.

"Oh, woah," Izuku deadpanned.

Shouto, who stood directly behind you, seemed relatively unfazed.

"All of you need to know your maximum capabilites," Aizawa began. He brought up his phone once again for everyone to see, "It's the most rational way of figuring out your potential as a pro hero," he finishes, showing the distance of Katsuki's throw.

705.3 Meters.

"Woah, 705 meters!" One Pikachu styled blonde boy, exclaimed. "Are you kidding me?!"

Katsuki gave you a sly smirk as he came to stand beside you, you placed your hands on your hips, blushing and looking away from him.

"Oh, I wanna go! That looks like fun!" A pink skinned girl excitedly jumped.

"Now, this is what I'm talkin' about! Using our quirks as much as we want!" Another boy with dark hair smirked in anticipation.

"So this looks fun, huh?" Aizawa spoke. Everyone froze up, confused. "You have three years here, to become a hero, you think it's all go a be games and playtime?" He questioned, "Idiots, today you'll be competing in 8 physical tests to gage your potential, whoever comes in last, has none," he declared. "And will be expelled immediately."

Everyone gasped, paling at the thought. "Huh?!?"

You grimaced, you knew he wasn't kidding either, he was known in the school as being pretty harsh when it came to his teaching methods. You should know, you had been training under him for a short time.

"Like I said, I get to decide how this class runs!" Aizawa smirked, "Understand!" He challenged anyone who wanted to disagree, moving his hair back to look all of you directly in the eye. "If that's a problem, you can head home right now."

There was no way anyone could back out now. But, everyone could feel the drastic shift in tone, this was much more serious then they imagined.

Uraraka decided speak up, worried. "You can't send one of us home!" She started, "I mean, we just got here! Even if it wasn't the first day, that isn't fair!" She argued her point.

"And you think natural disaster are?" That sentence stunned everyone, the connection bringing about a collective understanding. "Or power hungry villains, hm?" He challenged, your expression hardening before your fingers trace against the scare across your thigh beneath your uniform, absently. "Or catastrophic accidents that wipe out whole cities? No! The world is full of unfairness. It's a heroes job to combat that unfairness," he looks up, his eyes linking with yours. "If you wanna be a pro, you're gonna a have to push yourself to the brink. For the next 3 years, U.A. will throw one terrible hardship after another at you," visions become clearer and resolve strengthens within your classmates, their determination growing. "So go beyond. Plus Ultra Style."

He finishes with a challenge. "Show me it's no mistake that you're here."

Suddenly everyone can breath, gaping at the speech that elicited a mountain of thoughts to erupt and a new found respect coursed  through them for their teacher.  You clenched your fists, taking a breath, that was a great way to pump everyone up, give it your all, be worthy of becoming a U.A. student, and you will.

Give it all you've got, you thought to yourself, willing your body to absorb a swell of energy stemming from beneath you. It's time to show them what you can do. Plus Ultra Style.

"Now then, we're just wasting time by talking," Aizawa says. "Let the games begin."

An electronic, feminine voice sounds from the side; you look forwards at Iida and Tsuyu, they're both earned close to the ground ready to sprint off. "Runners on your marks," they look up to the 50m track ahead of them. "Ready?" A second goes by when a gun shot goes off and they're both moving.

Iida takes off, leaving a cloud of dust behind him, a boost of pressure stemming from his calves, his feet moving with wide strides across the track. Tsuyu, a few paces behind, leaping widely across the ground on all fours, she comes up with 5 seconds, Iida having beat her at 3 seconds!

Then, you watch as Izuku and Katsuki go up after a few others, Katsuki positions his palms downwards while Izuku goes to his basic stance of running. You wondered what your father had told him the other night about using One-for-All, you knew at this point he wouldn't be using it but he needed to if he wasn't planning on going home. You had a feint idea of a solution but you knew he needed to focus, so did you.

During your daze, the line went shorter and it was soon your turn, you stepped up to the line, leaning down and getting into sprinting formation, letting out a small Breath as you urged your stored energy to move down to your legs. Next to you, you glanced over before gasping. "K-kirishima?" You questioned the red haired boy curiously.

He looked over with a sharp toothed smirk. "Hey, (y/n)! Guess you were right! I am hero course material after all!" He laughed as he leaned down next to you.

"Runners on your marks!"

"Hell yeah! I can't believe I didn't recognize you!" You grinned, he chuckled cheekily. "Your hair! It looks great, reminds me of Crimson Riot," you said awe-filled.

He looked surprised before gaping in excitement, "Y-yeah! That's kind of what I was going for!"

"That's so cool!" you gushed before you both looked ahead to prepare as the mechanical voice went on.

"Ready!" Your knee's went up, ready to take off.

Your eye's flashed a bright golden hue before fading as the gun shot sounded and you released the built up energy gathered at the soles of your feet. You pushed off the ground, your body cutting through the wind and your legs gliding across the track before you were skidding to a stop a few feet from the opposite line. The beep sounded just as you crossed, "2.94 seconds!" You smiled at your score before turning as Kirishima came running up to you, the beep sounding for his time. "6.78 seconds!"

Kirishima chuckled, "Gosh, you're pretty fast! That was amazing!"

You moved your hair away form your face, "Thanks. Now about this Crimson Riot persona you've got goin' on here," you said.

Kirishima grinned. "The man's my hero! He's so manly! I told myself that if I got into U.A. I'd work to become a hero like him!"

You beamed as you both began that walk to the next test. "I'm so happy for you! It's great you've got a hero in mind already. It really narrows down what kind kind of pro hero you're aiming to become! Crimson Riot is amazing!"

He agreed full heartedly and you both made your way to the next test: Grip Strength.

You made your way over to Izuku as he seemed alittle worrisome, you picked up an extra Grip tester from the rack and you came up next to him.

"Zuku," you called to him, lowly. He jumped slightly before realizing and smiling at you.

"Oh! Hi, (y/n)." He greeted you as you held your device, setting it to your fingers. "I saw you during the first test, you're so fast! I had had no idea you could run like that!"

You blushed. "Yeah, I've been working on my stamina. Thanks," you beamed before looking at him. "Hey, I wanted to ask, have you figured out how you'd be using your quirk? I saw you didn't use it during the 50 meter," you wondered worriedly.

Izuku pressed his lips together before gritting his teeth. "I'm not sure how to without breaking myself, I can't risk it unless unless I really need it and in this case, I do. But, I don't want to keep breaking myself to succeed." He sdmits.

You nodded in understanding. "Well, what did Dad tell you?"

Izuku's mind wandered back to his conversation with All Might:

You've got to feel it!

Lower the wattage, decrease the cooking time...keep the egg from exploding.

Control.

You raised a brow, "So, you can only go from 0 to 100 percent right now, right?"

Izuku nodded. You looked up thoughtfully just as you squeezed your grip device, applying a wave of energy through your fingers. "Can you try and focus your power to your entire arm instead of just your fingers? Maybe the equal distribution of energy through that limb can limit the damage," you suggested.

Izuku perked up. "That could work! Yeah, I'll try that." He said just as your grip strength device beeped and you glanced down.

"Just make sure to focus on how much you're applying to your body, remember try to go for 5%. You've gotta start small sometimes," you said before walking off with a smile, leaving Izuku to his own progress. As you swung your device left and right between your pointer and thumb, his eyes widened at the bold numbers.

6945 Kg! His eyes bulged in shock, gaping in awe. He didn't see anyone else near that score, just how crazy strong were you?!

You sauntered off to your next test.

You stood on the tips of your toes as you prepared for your next test. The Long Jump, you've always loved doing this one, it was easy on your quirk, it only takes a single thrust of energy to send you upwards.

You put your hands on your hips as you looked forwards to see Shouto had already finished and he was looking at you, you made eye contact and you smiled. He nodded his head to elicit you forwards, you giggled before stepping up to the line for your turn.

You released a low breath before crouching down as you sucked in, you feel a sudden surge of energy that follows to settle into your legs. You await the machines voice for your to release, "Ready!" It calls out, you bend down, ready to take off.

The fake gun shot rings out. You hardly wait until you're off to a sprinting start and hurling yourself over to line, your lifted into the air, over the twenty foot wide sand pit. You pass the end and you angle yourself to fall downward, tucking your legs in, you land on your feet in a squat and straighten in front of Shouto with a sigh. The machine beeps as Aizawa receives your distance.

45 feet.

He's not surprised, instead he takes your hand taking you with him to line up for the next test. "You're getting good at that," he comments as it's you both walk casually.

"My take off? Yeah, I've been working on it," you said, "Thanks." You beamed, before moving his arm to settle it over your shoulder's, tucking yourself into him. "Ya know, you froze half the track."

"...whoops." he says simply, indifferent.

You chuckled and he gave a faint smirk of amusement.

Then, suddenly, you're both torn apart, a stern grip over your shoulder's. "Get your hands off 'er, half and half bastard!" Katsuki came over to tear you both away from one another, growling bitterly at the opposite boy.

"Oh, Bakugo, it's you."

"Oh gosh, Katsuki, calm down!"

He does anything but, and yanks you with him to the next test, leaving Shouto with a sigh of discontent.

Your eye's followed Mineta's, rather violent, repeated sidestepping during the test, his body flung back and forth between the purple, sticky balls from his head. His numbers kept going up even through he had yet to touch the ground, you would admit it was pretty impressive.

After his minute was over, the beep from the machine elicited his end score and most of the class awed in surprise at his score. 527. "That's such a high score!" The pink haired girl exclaims in surprise. Mineta puts his hands on his hips in victory, grinning lechorously at the praise.

"You know what else is high?" He taps his hips, extending them outwards as he begins to make his way to line up for the next test. He was quite tipsy seeming, unable to correctly balance himself as he struggled to walk properly, dizzy.

"You look like you're drunk but nothing about you is high, at least the way you're thinking," Kaminari snickers.

"Hey!" Mineta and Kaminari then get into a small sputter until Aizawa speaks and they're freezing up and speeding to the next test.

You shook your head at the exchange, watching now as Ochaco began her turn, the gun shot from the machine urging her to start.

Beside you, Katsuki looked up bored, tracing the shape of the clouds above and wondering when the hell this dumb test would be over. You looked up from behind, your head tilting back and the movement called to his attention as he looked down at you, "What?" He asked.

"Since when do you fly?" You wondered, he looked at you confused before rolling his eyes half heartedly as he realized what you meant.

"You know I've been training, don't ask stupid questions," he crossed his arm's looking down at you.

"Well, yeah, but you've never done that when training with me," you referred to him using his explosions as a rocket boost over the sand pit for the long jump. "That was so cool, though, you could do such a badass attack move with that," you swooned gleefully, he smirked at both your praise and your use of language. He'd probably never tell you but he always found it hot when you cussed.

"I'm way ahead a you," he said, leaning back to look back up at the clouds as another person went up to start their turn for the test, you were next.

Your quirk was built off of energized stamina so keeping up with continuous repeated sidesteps weren't as bad, for that minute. You let out a small pant as you stepped away from the line between your feet. Aizawa showing his phone once again to shoe you your score, "347 sidesteps!" Mina's eye's bulged once again, the rest of the waiting class gaping, although you weren't as satisfied, you had to decrease the flow of energy which made you significantly slower, the light pinch across your limbs warning you. "I'll be lucky to get at most 40!" She groaned, hopelessly.

You chuckled softly before beginning to walk towards the next test as Katsuki finally came up to do his, your let your steps falter as the minute came to pass and he stood next to you. "96 side steps!" Kaminari groaned as you recalled his, 62 sidesteps in the beginning of the test.

You both then awaited the rest of the class to finish as everyone began to finish and the next test was revealed.

Katsuki had already completed his ball throw so he was the first to sit out to await the next test, you stood beside Shouto as Katsuki stood at the farther side as some others had just finished this test. Your eye's trailed to Izuku, who stood unable to help his nerves as he shook in place next to you. You watched as Iida completed his throw before stepping back to welcome his evaluation.

You slip your fingers into Izuku's and he turns in surprise, almost having been knocked out of his daze, his wide eye's soften at your own and the comforting smile you give him. You don't say anything but squeeze his palm comfortingly before turning back to the next person being tested.

Izuku could feel his chest constrict, Aizawa had said that whoever had the lowest score would be going home, he was already doing badly, unable to gather the courage to use his quirk in fear that he'd damage himself to much to keep going. But, here you were, believing in him enough to encourage him to continue, even with the obvious truth laid out in front of you. He'd hate to think all the work you and All Might put into helping him went to waste if he truly did fail today. He was here but he was at risk of losing it all because he couldn't control the gift he was given.

But, this time, this was the test that he could truly let his quirk take flight, finally he was going to show everyone what he could do. He'll try that idea you had pointed out to him, he needed to try anything other than breaking his bones to land a single hit. He needed to limit the blow to his body in order to still remain a hero for anyone who still needed him.

He stiffened as you pulled away from him, his fingers instinctively growing tighter around your hand before he realized it was your turn and he opened his fingers to let you slip away from them.

You raised your arm's, stretching them up as your back arched to loosen up your stiff joints, you let them from before opening your left palm to welcome the softball Aizawa tossed your way. You walked over to the circle, letting each step count as the steady flow of energy suddenly became visible through your skin, a gold surge climbing up onto your face, around your jaw up to your temples and illuminating the gold of your eyes. White wisps of energy having a decent themselves known as the class looked on in awe, you shook your wrist out before finding yourself in the circle.

The wisps of energy circulated your body, up from your feet to your right hand, which held the softball in a tight grip, you were gonna make this throw count. You ignored the faint throb across your chest as your lips slowly curved up into a grin, despite the pain your power always undoubtedly made you feel powerful.

You sucked in a breath before finally reeling your hand back, your right foot going back and turning to anchor yourself for the pressure from your throw that would push you back. You clenched your jaw before letting your palm heat up from the forceful energy collecting in your hand, it soon glowed a white light that grew to envelop the ball. The class watched in anticipation, leaning forwards to watch your performance for your test.

Your arm then went forwards, it was fast and you nearly could've thrown yourself to the side if you didn't spin, planting your feet down as you let go of the ball. Skidding backwards as you were soon hit with an surprising amount of air pressure that would've got you off balance if you weren't prepared. A few of your classmates collided with one another before righting themselves, of course Mineta was happy to hold onto a girl in the class, technically throwing himself into Momo.

You shielded your eye's with a smile as you watched your softball soar upwards until it was out of sight, the white wisps merging with the clouds until you turned to Aizawa as he looked down at his phone as the score rose before stopping.

You panted lightly, placing your hands on your hips before beaming as your score while the class awed in shock at the strength of your quirk.

1034 meters.

"That's crazy strong!"

"That's the highest score so far isn't it?"

You let a breath loose as you shook out your arm's to ease the stiffening pain running through you at the moment, it subsided slowly as you walked back to the group. You actually wanted to just sit down somewhere now and wait for the pain to dampen but then you'd be questioned by everyone, you didn't care for that.

You went back to stand with Izuku and Shouto, Katsuki having having come up to stand a few feet from them, "(y/n)-chan! That was so cool!" Izuku's eye's were wide with wonder, stars in his eyes, his hands up in fists in his excitement. "You're so strong!"

You giggled, rubbing the back of your head sheepishly. "Thanks, Zuku, I kinda nearly lost my footing there," you snickered at your own mistake, Izuku grinned nevertheless in awe of your power.

"Very impressive, you're getting stronger," Shouto praised you, smiling lightly, as you turned to look at the next persons throw.

"Ya think? Thanks, I thought my anchoring was alittle sloppy," you criticised yourself, before placing you're hands on your cheeks. "I've gotta learn to take a compliment. Thank you," you corrected yourself. Shouto chuckled lightly and so did Izuku.

Then, Katsuki flicked you in the forehead, you yelped before turning on him, "Hey, stop doing that!" You hissed, "What're you mad I got a higher score?" You smirked at him.

He now had a sour look before huffing at you, his arm's crossed. "Don't get ahead of yourself, wench. You still couldn't take take me if you were the strongest woman in the planet," he challenged with a snicker at your shorter frame. "That throw was decent though, if you really wanted to work on your form you should've been training with me, not that loser Deku."

Izuku pouted. "Hey! Kacchan! I'm a great training partner!"

You frowned at Katsuki, sweatdropping. "You have an odd way of complimenting and then insulting someone, if you were nicer then you might have been able to train with me. But, I've got Zuku for that," you said, smirking as the hot head rolled his eye's before looking away. Izuku blushing next to you and Shouto looking on surprised at the interaction.

Then, you all turned as it was now Izuku's turn, you looked at the green-haired boy as he went rigid and you smiled at him comfortingly. "Just center the power, ok? You need to use every muscle, not one," you instructed him as he listened. "You've got this," you encouraged him.

He nodded, determined but you could see how nervous he was, but all the same, you believed in him.

He stood in the middle of the circle, now he held this softball in his hand, he clenched it tight and looked ahead, this was his moment to make it count. To finally show everyone he wasn't quirkless, not anymore, he was going to become a hero, despite all the doubt, he was holding the very thing that would make his future. This ball was the only thing stopping him from going  home at this second.

"If Midoriya doesn't shape up now, he'll be the one going home," Iida proclaimed.

Katsuki turned towards the tall boy, rolling his eyes. "Of course he is! He's a quirkless loser!"

Iida looked at him in surprise, while you mentally winced. You had nearly forgotten Katsuki had no idea about Izuku's new quirk, you could imagine how he'd react in a few minutes when he found out. "What? Didn't you hear what he did in the entrance exam?!"

Katsuki made a confused noise. "Huh?"

Izuku reeled his hand back, ready to throw, the quirk of One for All coursing through him, it spread like wildfire, he felt it run straight through him. Just before he released, he realized he hadn't put your advice into action, with this throw, he'd undoubtedly be breaking his entire arm. Shit, shit, shit...

He couldn't stop it now, if he didn't throw it he'd fail this entire test and everything would go to waste. He needed to do this. He'd risk breaking his bones now to make this throw and make his dreams come true!

Your eye's went wide as Izuku's hand released the ball and the softball was thrown a measly 46 meters, your eye's narrowed in confusion before glancing at Aizawa and immediately understood. As the pro hero's hair raised, his eyes a dark red as he glowered at the boy, the scarf across his neck now raised and flying off of his neck and towards Izuku.

If Aizawa hadn't stopped him, Izuku would've broken most of his bones again and he'd have to be taken to Recovery Girl, deeming him a liability.

As Aizawa let go of Izuku, having honestly talked down to his ability, if he didn't shape up he wouldn't make it in the hero world. If he was stuck needing help all the time after one hit, he was no good to anybody, he had to prove to everyone and himself that he could gain control of his quirk and become a hero!

Now, Izuku was ready, he needed to hear the cruel words of Aizawa because they were true, he didn't want to be a liability, he didn't want to be on the side lines when someone else needed help. He'd prove to everyone he deserves to be here and he had the guts to make it!

You watched as he threw the ball, focusing his energy into one finger instead of his entire hand, your brows lifting in surprise at the idea, but you mentally winced knowing the outcome. But, Izuku hurled that softball into the sky, a large gust of wind following the softballs ascension to the clouds. You smiled proudly, looking up as it soared and dissappeared from view, you began to wonder...where the hell are all of these balls going?

His score was revealed, higher than Katsuki's! 705.4!

"Mr.Aizawa," Izuku called out to the teacher, turning while holding his broken, bruised pointer finger. "See? I'm still standing!" You only beamed brighter, he was going to be just fine, his spirit like no other, ready to face his challenges head on.

"This kid," Aizawa smirked, obviously impressed.

The rest of the class swooning and awe-filled at the sheer power deriving from his quirk, Iida commenting on his broken finger and Katsuki shaking next to you, his fingers curling up into fists before bursting open, ready to unleash an explosion. You were alittle out of it so you didn't react in time to grab him before he started running forwards.

"Katsuki!" You gasped as he ran after Izuku.

"Tell me how you did that, you bastard Deku!" He roared in rage, lifting his hand to hit the shaken boy with an explosion, his palm sparking and ready to ignite into the boys freckled face.

He's quickly captured, his hands losing their spark and only dripping sweat as he forced an ignition through his palms that never came. He struggled against the restrictions across his body, he couldn't move, the material almost like metal across his skin. "W-what the hell is this thing!? I can't move!" He gritted out, pulling against the weapon of his teacher.

Aizawa held the end of capture weapon with ease. "A capture weapon infused with metal alloy," he answered before narrowing his eyes in distaste. "Now, calm down. I don't want to have to keep using my quirk all day, it gives me serious dry eye." He sighed in annoyance.

Releasing Katsuki, Aizawa shakes his head and allows the next student to come up, you watch as Izuku quickly avoids him as he darts past to merge back with the rest of the group, you praise him happily on passing the test. Glancing behind you at a fuming Katsuki, you decided to wait till he cools off to interact with him. Seeing the burning rage already swelling with him, you knew he was jumping to conclusions and you needed to sort things out before things got out of hand.

The class soon began to walk off into the next test.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

999K 39.1K 169
You're sort of a slut. And a spy. A slutty spy. (does contain lemons - I've marked those chapters!) #1 bnhafanfic on Dec 29, 2020! #1 bakugoxreader...
35.1K 2.1K 47
[Please refrain from reading this fic. It's old, and I had no idea what I was doing. You will cringe at my writing. Please do yourself a favor here.]...
604K 17.7K 38
(Y/N) is a young girl who just wants to be a hero just like everyone else. Her life wasn't easy though. She has always kept to herself and didn't lik...
22.6K 990 23
"𝕊𝕞𝕚𝕝𝕖. 𝕀𝕥 𝕃𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕤 𝔹𝕖𝕥𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕆𝕟 𝕐𝕠𝕦." Y/N, having been trapped in what most would consider hell, managed to slip through the finger...