Mine {Book 1}| Completed

נכתב על ידי Aesthetic_Books_25

I know it was wrong to kiss him. But I couldn't stop myself no matter what. He was my Stepbrother I know. But... עוד

Characters
Explanation from the Author
Prologue: Trapped In My Depression
Chapter 1: The Dinner Occasion
Chapter 2: The Wedding
Chapter 3: More Than Just a Crush
Chapter 4: School
Chapter 5: Vixens
Chapter 6: Storming & Mom's House
Chapter 7: Washing Car
Chapter 8: The Movies
Chapter 9: Mandy's Party
Chapter 10: Gas Station & Mugged
Chapter 11: Bonfire
Chapter 12: The Forbidden Kiss
Chapter 13: It's Always Gonna Be April
Chapter 14: If Only
Chapter 15: Thanksgiving
Chapter 17: Tell Me You Want Me
Chapter 18: Secret Us
Chapter 19: Café Shop/ Christmas Shopping
Chapter 20: Christmas
Chapter 21: Unforgettable
Chapter 22: April
Chapter 23: New Years Eve Ball
Chapter 24: You Are Mine
Chapter 25: The Game
Chapter 26: I Saw You!
Chapter 27: Are We Over?
Chapter 28: You Don't Know Me Anymore
Chapter 29: Slumber Party!
Chapter 30: What's Happened To Us?
Chapter 31: Shattered
Chapter 32: The Lake House
Chapter 33: I Can't Get Enough
Chapter 34: Don't Underestimate Me
Chapter 35: Graduation
Chapter 36: Graduation Party
Chapter 37: Seventeen
Chapter 38: I'm Yours
Chapter 39: No Friend of Mine
Chapter 40: Tearing Us Apart
Chapter 41: Welcome to Lovely Ladies
Epilogue
Author's Note: 💎
Dream Cast 🌹
Q&A with Author ☕️💋
Track List
Sequel in the Works
#Miners

Chapter 16: 27 Straws

336 6 0
נכתב על ידי Aesthetic_Books_25

Chapter 16: 27 Straws

       Over the past couple of weeks I had become very attached to Patrick. Even though he lives two hours away from Santa Monica. But he has made a lot of time for me since we have started going out. Christopher isn't happy about our relationship. I can see he gets so possessive when Patrick is so close to me. But I don't care. Christopher made his choice. And now I made mine. Patrick makes me happy. And I don't have to worry about him being crazy for someone else.

    We haven't had many dates because Patrick gets so busy with work and he has decided that he will go to a college close by to me. And he's practically anxious about it. But sometimes we meet up at the library where we actually get along and we actually talk. And usually after he stays over the house. I don't know if this is a blessing...but it has to be. And dad and Colleen are starting to get used to Patrick being around. And usually Christopher brings April over and they stay in the basement where they claim they are studying...but I know that is definitely not true.

All of my friends except Mandy are okay with me dating Patrick. Victoria thinks that he is hot and I am with the hottest yet. And last week all three of us girls went on a double date or I'll say triple date. It was on the Santa Monica pier. And it was beautiful. Victoria has already picked out a dress to wear to the New Years Eve Ball. And I breakdown every time she talks about her love with Luke. She has made it clear that she thinks they could be together until their in college. But she doesn't know that he has cheated on her with April numerous of times over the summer and then... at Mandy's party with Amber. I thought at first Logan made it up. But...April admitted it to me at Thanksgiving that she did cheat on Logan with Luke while Luke cheated on Victoria and it makes me cry every time.

I know I'm gonna have to tell Victoria. But the worst of everything...April has lied to Christopher about being cheated on. But also, I know Christopher has rights not to trust Patrick with me. But Patrick has changed. He used to play and sleep with many girls...but he admits he isn't like that. And he has taken full responsibility of sleeping with Gina. He says they had sex only three times and he regrets every moment of it. And I now see Christopher is the hurting one in the relationship not April. She's nothing but a liar just so Christopher could feel bad for her and have her. I wouldn't be surprised if she seduced him on the night they met. And I just couldn't stand the whole scenario.

    The night Patrick and I went out with me and my friends and their boyfriends, I saw how Victoria looked at Luke. She loves him so much and he has cheated on her and she has no idea it's happening behind her back. And it kills me every time. The other day when I was in the school library I saw Luke with another girl who is a cheerleader. Her name I think is Cheryl and she was a dirty blonde like Victoria and they were making out like crazy. And it definitely pissed me off. So there it is, Luke is still cheating on Victoria. And I have come to the reason to tell Victoria. I have to tell her. I have kept it too long. I know Logan won't tell her. So I gotta tell her.

I been debating about it for days now when or if I should tell Victoria. But if I keep it from her she'll be so crossed with me. So I have got to tell her. And now I have made up my mind to tell her. But telling her just might break her heart. And I don't wanna be the one to tell her.

    School was one of those boring lame days. And I remember being in my gym uniform. April kept giving me the hate-you-look. And I didn't pay attention to her at all. But not only that, April is in my gym class. And today in gym it was volleyball. I'm actually very good at it until April kept taking the volleyball and hitting me on the back of my head. April made a fake bitchy sorry to me.

    Of course, I couldn't understand why April has been treating me like this. I think she's still infuriated at me because of our fight at Thanksgiving. But that was three weeks ago. And she's still not over it? It's the thirteenth of December and it's a Thursday. And it's been a long three weeks of Patrick and I being the great lovebirds. I wear the locket he gave me and I never tear it off. I wear everyday to remind myself of the great boyfriend I have.

I looked at April only to hate her for it. It didn't hurt me. But April did it very sneaky that nobody saw. But Aaron saw and he eyed April for what she was doing. I wanted to take that ball and throw it so hard at her ugly face. And the first thing I did was just take it. Every time she hit me with it... she giggled about it. And I couldn't bear to even stand it. I remained still, and I allowed April to torture me all she wanted. It did nothing to me. And this is not worth getting a detention over.

After the ninth time it happened, Victoria pushed April where I watched them both pushing at each other like wild animals. My jaw dropped watching them fight. I swear Victoria might have pulled April's ponytail. I heard April yelp and the both shoved so hard Peach and I were shook. Everyone watched and I couldn't believe Victoria slapped her so hard to the point I was not gonna let this happen. Instead, April punched Victoria in the jaw that she screamed. And eventually they were yelling at each other and I wanted Aaron to get in there and stop them. But he didn't. He remained silent and watched like the rest of us.

After Mrs. McQuan came in and stopped the commotion. And by then, I shook my head, worried of this. She demanded April and Victoria into her office where I worried of the consequences. I sighed after they left and the rest of us returned to the locker room and I just remained silent most of the time even while changing. I was wearing a jean skirt and a yellow blouse. I had allowed my hair to go down lose. But I wore light makeup. Mom always told me not to wear makeup if I'm cheering or in gym because while working out you sweat and the makeup smudges your face. Even if so, I do wear makeup but very little of it. Regardless of what mom says.

As I was in the locker room, I pressed my forehead against the locker, shutting my eyes of guilt. Why did Victoria defend me? If not then she wouldn't be in there. I just hated everything about it.

"Emma, are you okay?" Peach asked me.

Feeling the sweat trickling down from my face, "yes, I'm okay. I'm just...exhausted."

"So why was April so pissed at you?" She asked me, shoving her gym uniform top off.

"I honestly don't know." I lied, only protecting that fight as a truth. "She's a bitch like every girl these days."

     I had the effort to get dressed into my clothes. I had taken my hair out of the ponytail and I let my hair down. But I had deodorant on. And I had my hair lose and free. I had just couldn't even bear the thought what was happening with Victoria. As soon as the bell rang Peach and I had headed into the cafeteria.

I stuck with a Caesar salad and apple for lunch. While I was sitting down, Aaron and Peach noticed something was off. Mandy was catching up on an essay in the library so she decided to be a little late for lunch. So hopefully Victoria will get here soon and maybe Luke.

"Emma, what's wrong?" Aaron asked, he had his focus on me and I just couldn't even come to the idea of revealing what was on my mind.

"Yeah girl, you been acting weird all day. What's wrong?" Peach agreed.

I turned my head, looking to see the jocks. Logan and Wyatt were the ringleaders. They were on a phone making fun of or laughing about something or someone. I had just frowned in aggravation.

"You can tell us." Aaron said.

"Shouldn't you be with the rest of them?" I said as polite as possible but it sounded like I was offending him.

He glanced over to the loudness of the cafeteria. And there was the jocks laughing like jerks at God knows what. And his face wasn't pleased.

"I'm not one of them. Their assholes. I'm not into their mean cruel behaviors about screwing girls. And then bragging about it in their book. And I don't tolerate that." He said.

"Don't change the subject, Em. Now tell us what's on your mind." Peach interjected.

I sighed. "Nothing."

"No, don't lie to us. We're your friends. Now tell us what's going on. Something is going on. Are you having second thoughts about Patrick?" Peach said, where I still remained silent. "Is it your dad? Or is just that time of the month?"

I shook my head to every question.

I had thought about the entire thing Logan admitted to me at Mandy's party about Luke and April both cheating. And I just couldn't understand it then and I still don't. The images in my head of Luke penetrating on April disgusts me. I feel sick thinking about it. And I just hate how much I have to know but never tell. And I want Victoria to know. I want her to no longer have a lie be right in front of her face. Victoria deserves to know the truth. And to watch this go by everyday I can't stand it. It kills me due to loyalty.

But did Luke really blackmail Logan if he told Victoria anything? It's why he's screwed up. And I'm not okay with this. I don't exactly know what to do at this rate.

"Emma?" Aaron spoke softly which I returned to reality once he said my name.

And then of course, I just looked at the two of them in hate and also anger. Only because I am so angry at Luke.

"It's a bit of a secret I was told. And I been holding it for some time now." I said.

"Did Patrick knock you up?" Aaron asked, and I shook my head, trying my best not to laugh from how silly it sounds. "Then what's the issue?"

I leaned forward, trying to tell them before Victoria would possibly show.

"Do you guys remember the camping trip Luke went on over the summer with April and Logan?" I asked them, making sure they could remember those months back.

"Yeah." They both replied, nodding.

"Well on that camping trip...Luke cheated on Victoria with April. And that's why Logan broke up with April. Logan told me he wanted to tell Victoria but couldn't because Luke blackmailed him if he told...he would release a sex tape of his sister." I explained.

"What the fuck?" Peach spat in anger.

        Aaron remained silent as if this didn't affect him or like he didn't care at all. I waited a reaction from him. But then it hit me. He must have known. It's obvious. Luke and Aaron are best friends. Of course he had known.

   "Aaron, did you know about it?" I asked, feeling a bit nervous to ask him.

   "I only assumed at first. But then I kinda figured it out. But I was never certain. Not until he told me. And I only knew because he and Logan were closer than anything until that day. And that's when I knew..." he said.

  "YOU KNEW?" Peach scolded only fury. "Your Mandy's boyfriend and never had the decency to tell your girlfriend that your best friend cheated on her bestie."

    He backed up a bit.

   "It's not like that. Luke and I have been friends for years. I have always had his back." He defended himself.

   "Not only that!" I interfered. "You let Logan beat himself up about it. Luke made him go fucking insane. He blackmailed Logan to shut up. And ever since...he's been walking single and only protecting his sister. Because of Luke was banging April. And you knew the entire time."

      Aaron ran out of words. And at this point I couldn't believe he knew and kept this a secret.

   "YOU ARE SO WRONG!" Peach bolted at Aaron.

   "Fuck. I'm sorry." He threw his hands in the air.

    "Sorry about what? Sorry how you kept this secret from us about Luke cheating on our best friend and also from your own girlfriend? Or sorry you got caught for keeping something?" I said.

    I wanted to walk away but then Victoria walked in and we threw remained quiet. And while just staying silent, she came to the table with her water bottle and speechless.

   "Hey V." Peach greeted her.

  "Hey." She responded once she sat down. "I'm not in major trouble. Just I got a detention after school tomorrow. But like I fucking care."

    Victoria drank from her water bottle and noticed Peach and I were staring at her. And we stared at her for probably the longest moment which she frowned in curiosity.

  "What?" She asked. "You two look like you've seen a ghost."

Maybe we have...

Peach looked at me like we can't just sit here and act like it's normal. Because unfortunately it is not. And I'm very sorry to sit here and know something and not tell her. After this I think I could just lose my mind.

While sitting down for some time, Peach and I both lost an appetite and we kinda stared at Aaron is fury. He is so cold not to say anything. But Victoria told us about how ungrateful she was to fight but said it was worth it. I just looked at Victoria in shame. I couldn't bear to sit here and not do or say anything.

"V, we have to tell you something." I began. "And it's very important."

"Okay? What is it?" She said, but then her attention went from us over to Luke who entered the cafeteria joining the other jocks. "He looks so dashing, girls." She squealed.

Victoria tried getting up but Peach grabbed her arm so she wouldn't leave.

"Victoria, this is important. We have to tell you something." Peach told her.

"Okay. Then do tell." She nodded, sitting back down, waiting patiently.

I leaned forward, trying to find the right words to say to her without making it sound dreadful.

"V, I'm so sorry to be the one to tell you this... but I'm gonna tell you because you are my best friend. And I don't wish you to hate me when I tell you." I said.

"Okay." She crossed her arms. "I won't hate you, E. Now tell me what is it."

I cleared my throat. "V, Luke has been cheating on you. First was with April over the summer at the camping trip. That's why Logan and April broke up and that's why Logan and Luke aren't friends anymore. Logan wanted to tell you but Luke blackmailed him if he did... that if he said any to you that he would release a sex rape of his sister. But also, Luke had cheated on you months before the camping trip with April. And at Mandy's party I saw Luke and Amber in one of the bedrooms...sleeping together. And today he was kissing a girl in the library." I finished.

Victoria remained silent and it was like she zoned everything out. I thought she looked pale all of a sudden and might pass out. I worried of this entire situation might do to her.

"Victoria..." Peach said, but Victoria ignited her. "Babe, please talk to us. We're here for you."

She started breathing very heavy. And she definitely was not okay. She looked like she couldn't breathe. She stared over at Luke. And I wanted to stop her because I knew exactly what she was going to do. And I never had been so sorry in my life.

When Victoria walked over towards the crowd of the jocks. Luke was laughing at something Wyatt said while Logan was gone. I'm guessing because Luke showed up. He can't stand being in the same room as him. Especially after Mandy's party. But everyone just stared and looked at how silent Victoria was. And she was just staring at Luke in misery. They were all silent.

"Have you come to join the show?" Wyatt asked sarcastically.

A wild mad frown was on Victoria's face. She couldn't stand Wyatt but she walked up to Luke who knew something was off about her to look angry at him.

"V?" He asked.

"She knows Luke." Peach said. "After you cheated on her numerous times. And you blackmailed Logan for it. You cheated on Victoria so many times. With April and then Amber. And God knows who else. She is more than angry at you."

Luke's expression changed. He looked so sorry as if he couldn't explain himself but wanted to in so many ways.

"Victoria," he started. "I didn't want you to find out like this. We can talk about it. Just us. And I can explain everything."

"There is no explaining, Lucas." Victoria replied, using his real name which means she's angry and she never calls him Lucas. "You can't fix it. And there's no talking about anything. No way in hell."

"I'm so so sorry, Victoria..." he shakily said.

      Victoria wasn't even listening to his pleads and why should he get mercy? And he tried to grab her hand but she fiercely yanked her hand away from him and she had shoved him away from her and there were tears in her eyes from this.

    "No! No! No!" Victoria pushed at him over and over and over again. "Don't touch me!"

I have never seen Victoria so upset. I mean I have seen her angry when Mandy and her got into an argument during cheerleading at one of the biggest games. I remember they fought like wild cats. They didn't speak for weeks it seems. But this is so much worse.

Mandy had arrived at the cafeteria and that's when I think she figured something was definitely up. But I was worried and concerned about Victoria. I didn't like seeing her upset.

"What is going on?" Mandy asked us.

"Ask your boyfriend when he knew the entire time." Peach said.

"Know what Aaron?" Mandy asked turning to him and knew it wasn't good news whatever it was. Aaron and her eventually had walked away and I saw her yelling at him while they were in the courtyard.

I couldn't bear any of this another second. And I just stared at Luke and Victoria being so loud and I think Victoria was gonna end it. Especially on how things were.

"Do you think I'm okay with knowing that you toyed with me? That you slept with your friend's girlfriend numerous of times. How could you blackmail Logan like that. You made him act like he was crazy. April told so many that he cheated. But it was all a lie and coverup and you didn't care you destroyed a relationship. And you destroyed his and ours." She said, ranting to him.

"Victoria, what I did with April meant absolutely nothing. And I haven't even talked to her since the camping trip. I mean yeah, we run into each other a few times. But all the others and her are not like you." Luke said.

"You are such a dick. I can't even believe you right now. You been lying to me this whole fucking time. Fucking other girls. Even Amber. At Mandy's party." She said, her voice breaking.

"Babe,"

The way things would go only seems hate was being shown from Victoria and there was mercy being shown Luke. But I knew it would be impossible. And I can't even stand the thought of the idea. I'm worried of how things might turn out. Should Peach and I force Victoria away? I was beyond terrified.

"Fuck you." She slapped him hard across the face. "I never wanna see you again. Don't call me, text me or talk to me ever again. Do you understand me?"

"Victoria, don't do this." He pleaded.

"No, it's over! We're done!" Victoria then turned away and right from that we had left with Victoria who ran out to the courtyard to cry on a bench.

I wasn't sure if we should follow her. She looked very sad. And she looked beyond down in her own feelings. I could see the tears falling from her eyes. Across the way was Aaron and Mandy both talking which I gotta say it wasn't Aaron's fault this happened but he should have told one of us. Mandy didn't look upset anymore. But Victoria was crying her eyes out on the bench in the courtyard. And I didn't wanna do anything but feel beyond sorry for her. Because I did.

Victoria has so much planned. She planned on going to the New Years Eve Ball with Luke. She already had a dress. But now she has broken up with Luke. So now I highly doubt she'll go if she doesn't have a date.

The bell finally rang and I had gone to Victoria who had also was on her way to do the same thing. And while we were in the hall on our way to collect the books, we did everything to calm her down. We did it all calm her down until Amber came across from her.

"So it's so interesting how word travels around fast. I didn't realize how fast it takes for someone to actually realize a Blossom is just a forgotten toying object." Amber said, provoking Victoria in which ready to attack her, but Mandy and I pulled her back so she wouldn't do anything like getting expelled.

"JUST STAY AWAY FROM ME YOU WHORE!" Victoria hollered.

      And just like that, Amber wasn't even worth the fight. But I had just thought of how hard this would be for Victoria. And everyone knows breakups are truly hard. But what do I know? I never exactly went through a breakup. Patrick is the only and first boyfriend I had. And I hope we can last for a long long time. And I have no interest in breaking up. Because I don't think we ever would.

     I had gone to my locker, taking my Algebra book and trying to get there in one piece and not get stuck somewhere. And I think I may have come across April and Christopher making out but I honestly didn't care because I was such in a rush to get to class.

~

       I arrived home from school and I felt a bit exhausted. So the first thing I did was just get to my room, plopping down onto my bed, feeling beyond exhausted. And I had shut my eyes for a bit but then I forced myself up. And that's when I went downstairs into the washer room to wash some of my clothes. And of course, since yesterday there had been a lot that was going on. For starters, dad definitely had put that tree up. In which I decorated just like how we used to when mom was here and I think that upset him.

I put on the record player allowing music to sink and flow through the house. I decided to make some nachos and also chili fries that were so good. I been cooking in this kitchen for years. And I won't be surprised if Christopher walked in. And I just had the music flowing and I honestly had a lot on my mind. Like Victoria. But Mandy told Peach and I snot to worry. Mandy was going to stay over with Victoria for the night. Mandy had plans with Aaron tonight but cancelled. Aaron completely understood. But I hope Victoria blocks Luke from her phone.

    And I had decided on eating the nachos and chili fries that I definitely enjoyed every part of it. Dad had texted me that he won't be home until late. And I think dad is a little worried and concerned that I will have sex with Patrick. I mean I'm not gonna say I haven't thought about it. Because I have. The other day we were in my room and we were just kissing at first and it got so crazy and intense we almost went into something but Patrick stopped me before we would do something that might be a mistake. But I am on birth control that Colleen took me to. I'm not sexually active yet, but I am definitely ready to lose my virginity.

    I took my phone, and since I was thinking of Patrick, I immediately went to text him.

TEXT TO PATRICK 💋:
Hey, Pat. I miss u right now.

It didn't take long for him to reply back and I was beyond excited to know he was on his way over. And this was the time when I had gotten dressed up. I wore a plaid skirt and a white halter top. I took my hair putting it into a one sided braid and let it hand lose over my left shoulder. And I put a smile onto my face. And my room was all nice and I wanted to be presentable.

And because Patrick was coming over I had just danced around my room and I had my music going. Not expecting Christopher home anytime soon. He's been over April's for these past weeks. Which is sad we don't talk as much but I do get to see Patrick whenever I want.

I spent a long time dancing and just twirling in my room until I heard the doorbell ring. And I got even more excited. I had stride from my room and out the door and to the staircase running down to the front door, opening it right away. And I found him there all handsome and gorgeous. I leaped first him, wrapping my arms around him and just like that we both kissed like crazy. I made the kiss so intense I was showing him how much I missed him since yesterday.

    I didn't care about anything else except that he is here. And I had brought him inside, closing the door. We made out to the point it could seem like we were mad or crazy about each other. And I didn't care if anyone saw or walked in the door.

    "Are we alone?" Patrick asked me and with that I nodded.

   "Come to my room. I don't think Christopher will be home for another hour or two." I said, and I kissed him and the two of us had gone up the stairs barely able to keep our hands off of each other.

When we got to my room, it was nothing but slow kissing. I kept the door closed in case Christopher would come home early and he would belt into my room. And usually he has appreciation but other times he doesn't. But of course, Christopher sees April three times a week. I overheard him talking to Ty on the phone about it because April wants boundaries and it was all because of a fight they had on Thanksgiving. I mean I don't think April is wrong. But of course it doesn't change the fact she is bitchy to him. If she thinks Christopher is going to stay around her forever she is so blind.

My mind had flowed somewhere else and Patrick noticed. He paused, looking at me in concern.

"Is everything okay?" He courageously asked.

I wanted to tell him everything about Victoria and Luke. Only because it was all on my mind since it happened earlier.

"Do you remember my friends, Victoria and her boyfriend, Luke?" I asked even though I'm positive he remembers. I only wanted to remind him.

"Yeah, of course." He nodded. "The one with dirty blonde hair, right?"

"Yeah."

"Well what of her? What's going on?" He asked, getting very close.

"Well there is something that had happened today. But I knew it would happen and now wonder if I'm a good friend because I knew..." I looked down, feel regret.

"What happened, Em?" Patrick had a smooth voice while he spoke. "You can tell me. It's okay."

   "Well, this guy...his name is Logan. He used to date April. You know...Chris's girlfriend." I started, and Patrick nodded. "So, there was this camping trip. And it turns out Luke went on this trip. And he and April had sex on that trip and months prior to it. But Luke cheated on her at this party I saw. It was the same night of the bonfire you and Christopher were at. I saw Luke with April's cousin. And it...tore me. I knew for a while. And then today I told Victoria. And she was...so sad. Heartbroken. Words can't even be said of how I feel."

    Patrick grabbed my face in his hands, having me look at him. And I knew just how much he could calm me in a very quick second. He grabbed onto my hand, relaxing my shaking upset body.

   "At least she knows now. It's not your fault Luke cheated on her. He made that choice. But the real case scenario is... we should worry if perhaps April could cheat on Christopher." Patrick said.

     The thought came to my mind. And then the other part came to me.

   "Oh another thing...April has lied to Christopher. She told him Logan is the one who cheated. And she made Logan look crazy to her friends. And Logan was going to tell Victoria but Luke blackmailed him if he did he would release a sex video of his sister online. The two of them made Logan feel like he was crazy. They treated him like he was crazy. Well the truth came out. Victoria broke up with Luke. And it practically upsets me to see Victoria like that." I explained.

   "Shit." He breathed. "April just seems..."

   "A manipulator." I guessed.

   "More like not Christopher's type. If she cheats on him... I don't know what'll happen to him. He will lose himself. And he won't be the same. Think of Christopher in isolation and never smiling and miserable but with a bunch of tissues and ice cream. That's how he'll be. He was like that after Gina and him broke up. Well, every time they broke up he was like that." He said, worry was definitely in his voice and he had a point and I was terrified that he could get cheated on by her.

     "Yeah, it has worried me since Logan told me." I said.

Silence interrupted my room. And of course, I had definitely looked towards the window to only easily nudged him.

"Let's not worry now." I said, happiness slowly flowing into my voice.

"Okay. But I was originally going to ask you... would you like to go out tonight? To dinner?" He asked me in a very calm but edgy voice.

I put my hand over my heart as if I could not breathe. I smiled at him. And I couldn't believe this for a short second. We haven't had an one time date. And I been waiting for it.

"Yes, Pat. I will go out to dinner with you." I agreed. "But I been thinking...since I am on the pill now... I have no worries of losing my virginity."

"What are you trying to say?" He asked, trying to make sure if he thought what he heard was right.

"I wanna have sex with you, Patrick. Tonight. It'll be a perfect night." I said, spilling my desire to him.

A smile came across his face and he looked ready to speak but I climbed on top of him, kissing his lips while I hovered over him to shut him up from saying anything. Regardless of what it was. And just like that he was into the kiss. I felt his hands run up my sides from my thighs to my waist. And I moaned, pulling away from his lips. And we both had gotten extremely intense. The kiss was wild at this point. We had exchanged tongues together. And he took me over the bed lying me flat on my back while he hovered over me now, kissing my neck while I breathed.

I started to giggle from how silly and sloppy the kisses were. But they felt good. I was getting turned on by that. And I was becoming so aggressive now I pounded at his chest I straddled him down. And I kissed him so hard I had him moaning. And it was from me kissing him. And I honestly wanted more and more from him. How was I able to get enough like this? And I just felt the nerves from my body spread. And I moaned in his ear, pulling him in close to me.

If anything were to happen here in my room I honestly wouldn't care. But of course we agreed we would do it tonight. And I just pulled him sitting up with me while I straddled his waist. And I took his shirt off. And I had slid my palms down his torso. And I kissed him hard. We were tangled in each other's embraces.

And just as I was in the most greatest kiss I noticed Christopher was calling my phone. I leaned over to my nightstand to grab it but I thought of answering it. But then I thought...why do I care when I'm having the greatest time of my life right now. So I hit the ignore button and I put my phone on silent. And quickly I returned back to kissing Patrick. And we had kissed nonstop almost like it was addicting. We had tossed and tumbled in the bed together. But no one was home and we were just kissing. We didn't make it fifth base. Because we both decided to wait for that special moment.

It felt like we had been kissing for a hundred years. And just as we were enjoying the best type of kissing while I was straddling Patrick and all of a sudden my door swung open terrifying me immediately that it might my dad or Colleen.

"Emma, why the hell did you-" I knew that voice, which was Christopher but he hesitated once he saw what was going on.

I jumped off of Patrick and Christopher looked like he was ready bolt. But I could see he was forcing himself to stay calm and not lose his mind. And when I saw Christopher standing there I didn't know what to think. I just stared at him, unable to give myself an excuse or reason.

I was afraid to say anything to Christopher because I didn't know what to say. But then, I watched the look on Christopher's face change and just like that, he turned away leaving the doorway of my room.

"Christopher, wait!" I hollered for him.

I tried trolling after him but Patrick grabbed for my hand.

"Let him go, Em." Patrick told me and I knew he was right.

     And I did. But I felt so bad that he walked in to see us making out like that. But then I thought... why does he care? Maybe it's because he doesn't get to spend enough time with April. But it doesn't mean that I don't get to be happy.

   I didn't know what to say after that had happened but Patrick had seemed like he was sorry. But what if Christopher snitches you my dad or Colleen? I would be afraid if he did. And I think Patrick was worried of that same worry.

   "I'm sorry. He doesn't usually come home until after four. I'm sorry... I didn't know he would-" I tried to explain myself.

   "-you don't need to apologize, Emma." He cut me off, putting his shirt back on. "But look, I'm gonna go head back to my house and I'll come back at eight to get you."

   "Okay." I smiled.

I decided on walking with him outside to where his truck was. And when I walked him out I just thought of everything that happened inside. And once I had seen him getting inside his truck I just thought of nothing but excitement of seeing him tonight. And I honestly couldn't wait to see him. I wanted to be perfect for him. And of course I would name it the three week anniversary if it were a real thing. And I just thought of how amazing it is going to be to see him again tonight. And I honestly couldn't wait or want anything more.

    Just as soon as Patrick got into his truck with the window down, I had smiled and it took him a moment to turn his truck on. But I waited for just the right moment. And I leaned forward and I kissed him. And we shared the longest kiss.

   "I'll see you tonight." He said.

  "Yeah. I'll see you tonight, Pat." I said excitedly. "I love you!"

     He chuckled with a bright smile and then he had pulled out of our long driveway and I waved to him. I felt like a little kid. Constantly happy and unable to stop smiling. And the first thing I did was head right back inside the house with the happiest smile that I couldn't get off my face.

     I stopped at the bottom of the stairs, smiling. And then I felt like someone was watching me. As if their shadow was right over me. And I turned to my left, seeing Christopher. I didn't have a pissed off reaction even when I should. But I remained calm seeing him there.

   "Christopher..." I breathed.

   "So," he began, leaning against the wall right by the dining hall. "You guys are already at that? Wait till he starts avoiding you for other girls in San Diego." He had this ugly grin on his face as if he was torturing me and wanted to see me get hurt. But he was challenging me for sure. "It'll happen, Em."

   "Just do you, Christopher. Patrick and I haven't had sex yet. But we are...tonight. And he's already told me he loves me. And he doesn't show his affection and then just pushes me away like it was nothing. Something you do which is bullshit." I said, unable to hold back how I feel.

   He crossed his arms staring at me like I was a president giving a speech. And he just didn't stop looking to me. I saw those gray eyes looking deep into mine without a blink or hesitation. It was like he could see right through me.

    "How many times do I have to tell you what happened to us wasn't meant to be. It was a mistake. Your my stepsister. And can't be with you like that. Even if I wanted to I wouldn't because we're family. And on top of that, I'm dating April." He said.

   "You mean the girl you constantly fight about and are allegedly not seeing each other as much due to her conditions." I put up quotation marks with my fingers.

    He frowned.

   "Did you spy on me?" He looked infuriated.

   "No, I accidentally overheard you on the phone while I was in the washer room. I'm sorry but you talk awfully loud on the phone. And it just came to my ears." I said.

    Christopher rolled his eyes at me with annoyance.

   "That's not important. What is... I'm dating April and also, what happened to us never happened. Just please please please let's not fight. And please don't have sex with Patrick." Christopher said with the saddest voice that kinda made me wanna listen to him but he wouldn't listen to me.

   "It's not your decision, Christopher." I replied. "It's mine. And it's not even your business. So, stay out of my relationship and I'll stay out of yours."

     The anger looked worse on him. And I hadn't cared about Christopher for everything he has done. And I didn't wanna listen to a word he says. And just like that I only rolled my eyes at him.

   "And please excuse me but I gotta ready for my date tonight...with Patrick. My boyfriend." I pushed him to the side and immediately I had stride up the stairs going to my room.

       I went to my closet the second I entered my room. And I pulled out a dress that I was going to save to wear on Christmas but I decided this is the best to wear it. And then I just got the dress out of the closet on its hanger, nicely putting it on my bed, lying it out flatly. And I had taken out a pair of camouflage nylons to wear. I lied that on my bed too and a red laced thong and a matching red laced strapless bra. I even took out all my makeup to be ready and waiting for me when I will get out from bathing.

      I stripped down from my clothes putting on my black silk knee length robe and I had left my room heading into the bathroom to turn on the bath. And I had taken a towel out of the closet by the bathroom. And then I had allowed the bath water to fill until I knew it was enough. Once it did, I tore my robe off, hanging it up and I stepped into nice bubble bath in the nude.

~

After my long quiet, peaceful, beautiful bath, I had stepped out, drying off with my towel and then I had taken my robe tying it around me by the waist of its string. And then I had taken my hair wrapped my hair in the towel. And I had after left the bathroom after I had decided on waxing my legs even though I shaved in the bath.

And then I had drained the tub and I left, returning into my room. And I started to do my makeup. I did my foundation, mascara, eyeliner, eyeshadow, lipgloss and concealer. And then I decided on painting my nails a dark red maroon color that fit me perfectly. It may look like I may be part of a satanic ritual cult of Wicca or voodoo with this color. But I definitely loved it.

     After my hair was damp I had taken my hot curling iron deciding to curl my hair. And I looked at myself just before I would get dressed in my beautiful dress which I couldn't wait. I smiled at myself just before I was halfway through curling my hair. And I after, thought my hair looked absolutely nice and I smiled at my reflection. And I wondered if this was beautiful enough for Patrick.

     I had taken my robe off and I placed on my strapless bra and the red laced thong. And I did feel comfortable in my own skin. And I had then took the nylons placing them over my legs and up to my hips. And after I then got my dress on and I gave myself a twirl, looking back at my reflection in the mirror.

     I had grabbed my perfume spraying myself. And I just couldn't wait to be blessed with such a great night to have. And then I had taken my locket putting it on. And I stood staring at myself. And when I looked at myself I just knew I deserved to have this. And then I texted dad to let him know I was going out with Patrick tonight and he told me to have fun but not too much fun. And since dad tells Colleen everything... I'm so certain that she will know. And also Christopher might have told her.

     I took my red heels and I put them on. And I took my phone putting it in my purse along with an extra pair of lipgloss in case I may need it. And then I had just looked at myself in the mirror for the longest time.

   "Emma..." I heard Christopher, with a slight knock on my door. And even though I didn't say anything he had walked in but he was quiet when the door opened and I could see him through my mirror behind me.

     He didn't look angry anymore. He stood very still. And he looked at me like he was amazed or even infatuated with. But deep down he's hiding it inside himself. And I just looked at Christopher with a blank expression once I turned around to face him. I didn't know what conversation we would have would lead to.

   "How do I look?" I asked, facing him.

   "You look...amazing. I think Pat is gonna be so proud to have you. He's lucky." He grimaced at me, but his words sounded at feeling, emotion and maybe broken.

   "Thank you." I smiled, giving him positivity back.

     We both stared at each other for the longest moment which I knew there could have been something between us. But that was before Patrick and I started dating. If he didn't wait or asked me I could have been his. It's too late. I'm with Patrick now. And I'm not gonna break his heart.

   "Emma, he is a good guy." Christopher admitted.

"I know he is. And he's really trying. He's not like Logan or like Luke." I said.

He paused for a moment.

"I just want you to end up with the right guy, sis. I guess I was envious that another guy would be around you. And I was afraid we couldn't be close like we were. I mean, since our parents married I had someone close. A sister that I never had until that day." He said to me.

"We can still talk. But when you dated April you were the one who never had time for me." I said.

     He looked like he cared for the first time in a long time. And I just looked into his piercing gray eyes. And I wanted to know how he really felt about me. And I can't go back now because I'm with Patrick and I deeply care about him.

   "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have not have told you I was dating April. And I shouldn't have hit you in the gym. Or hit you the time I punched Patrick. And I shouldn't have hurt Patrick either. But the truth is...I'm an obsessed overprotective asshole stepbrother." He said softly like a whisper, but I was able to hear.

     I smiled shortly only seeing Christopher had this small smile to his face.

   "I forgive you." I nodded. "Could you help me with my zipper?"

      I turned around and he helped fixing my zipper. And he had wiped the side of me. And I shuddered for a moment only wishing I knew what he could or might happen to us like this. But it definitely wouldn't happen because we are with two separate people.

   "There." He said.

        I turned, smiling at him just in moments hearing the doorbell ring. And I knew it was Patrick which I just had these butterflies in my stomach. And I grinned, thinking of him. And tonight would be crazy for the both of us.

   "Oh my god, he's here!" I exclaimed.

       I grabbed my purse and I was ready to exit my room while Christopher was still in it. I smiled to myself and I just couldn't wait to approach him. But before I could leave...

   "Emma..." Christopher spoke, stammering.

   I turned back to him. "What is it?"

   "Just...only to..." he hesitated unable to find words it seemed. His brows knitted. And he looked worried like he cared badly and deeply.

   What is on your mind, Christopher?

      And whatever it is I'm sure he can't bear to say it to me. Is he trying to confess something? Like maybe he loves me? I could see it on his face that's what he's thinking. And the idea of me having sex with Patrick tonight must terrify him.

   "Christopher...?" I asked.

  "Nothing. Never mind. Just...be careful. That's all." He said softly.

      And I heard Colleen call me and then I left Christopher even though he was holding my hand which I hadn't noticed. I easily slipped my arm from his hand and I stride for the staircase. And the first thing I did was put a smile on face and I walked down the stairs like I was a model on the runway. And just like that, he stared at me like there was nobody else in this world but me and him. His green eyes never leaving mine.

But am I his only? Am I perfect for him? Is this all worth it? Am I being the only person in his world right now? I couldn't wait to kiss him. And it was all coming right at me fast. I knew I could finally breathe. I flickered my eyelids as I walked with clicks from heels coming down the stairs. And I didn't think I would be recognizable. Well, I definitely was. And my appearance caught his attention. And the boy who was on top of the stairs as well. Before going downstairs I looked up behind me seeing him standing there. He looked like he was nervous, terrified, worried, anxious or even scared.

Patrick cleared his throat and that's when I saw Christopher put his hands in his pockets and he left disappearing behind the wall. And I imagined him hiding and bottling up his emotions. And I turned back towards Patrick who helped me and I kindly appreciated his approach with a smile seeing his beautiful charm.

"Emma, you look amazing." Patrick said in his raspy voice, but it sort of made me aroused just from the sexiest voice he has and from what he was wearing.

"Thank you. And you look very snazzy." I replied with a nod. I took his hand with mine.

"You both do," came Colleen's voice lighting up the dining hall. "I want you two to have fun tonight."

"I'll take good care of her." Patrick said.

Colleen smiled. "So Emma, your dad said that your curfew is eleven thirty and no later. Unless you want him sending out the police. And you know how he gets."

I chuckled knowing exactly what she meant. Colleen as my stepmom knows him just as well as anybody.

"Yeah, I know. But I'll be back before then." I smiled to her.

   "Well we were already interviewed." Patrick said sarcastically, reminding of Thanksgiving when dad acted cold but was okay with Patrick dating me anyways.

    Colleen gave us the face that she understood well. But I have theories of that night. After everyone left that evening. Dad told Colleen and they had a discussion while watching TV in our sitting room. And still both were crazy with the wine. And I think Colleen told him I am sixteen and deserve a boyfriend I do deserve just like Christopher has a girlfriend. And so, I think that's what happened. And that would explain why Colleen acts like she knows what Patrick's joke was. And she definitely knew because dad told her. And it's been three weeks since Thanksgiving.

   "Well," she clapped her hands together. "I'm not gonna keep you guys here longer. Go enjoy your night together."

   "Okay. We will." Patrick said.

         And just then I grabbed my gray light sweater to wrap around myself hoping I don't look like Ariana Grande. And I just smiled at Colleen giving her a hug just before we left. And I had then stared at the door just ready to open it but Patrick allowed himself to open it.

   "Emma," I heard Christopher just before I was ready to leave. And I turned to him. I was curious what he had to say. "I just want to say... have fun tonight. The both of you."

  "We will." I said.

       I couldn't help but notice how distraught he looked like something was bothering him. And I have a feeling it has something to do with April. Since their having boundaries with each other. But was it boundaries? Or did they breakup? Even if they did, I won't go for his tricks. And so just like that, I nodded at him and then we both left out the door.

Once we had entered outside, I just wanted to breathe Patrick in with the scent that was beautiful. And I definitely loved it. And I had gotten to the passenger side door. And Patrick opened it for me. I thanked him and I got in, buckling up. Once Patrick got in, he turned his truck on and it roared awake to life. And I just couldn't even stop the feeling of how excited I was to spend this moment with him.

"What was up with Chris? Did he get laid or something?" Patrick said the joke, which I chuckled from and I knew it was funny that he acted that way when a couple of hours ago he acted like a real dick.

"No, actually it's the opposite. He and April aren't exactly seeing each other. Their setting boundaries. I overheard him talking on the phone to his friend Ty about it." I replied.

"Did he piss her off? It had to have been something big for a girl like that to want boundaries." He smiled the second we pulled out of the driveway and leaving down Andre Drive.

I didn't respond to Patrick. And I knew he was somewhat right. But I didn't wanna talk about Christopher tonight. I wanted tonight to be all about us. And so that's what I'm gonna make it.

I had smiled at the scenery just as 7:40 kicked in. The early evening was flowing over throughout Santa Monica. And of course, the night could be anything and the December night was quiet and it was definitely beautiful where if I was in the sky I could just jump and dance with glee. I only wished to see the whole world together. And I don't think I would ever be able to know what life would do to me if Patrick wasn't in it.

The drive to the diner was not very far at all. And I had figured out there we were arriving at the parking lot to 27 Straws. And I only knew it is the same 27 Straws that Christopher took April too on the day they first met. But I'm not gonna compare my date with Patrick to Christopher and April's. But I guarantee my date with Patrick will go way better.

Once we got out of Patrick's truck, I just stared at the lit up burger diner that had neon lit words of, 2 7 S T R A W S.

I smiled at the brightness of the diner. And I couldn't even believe how much this was gonna make me and Patrick probably one of those greatest couples that could be powerful. And wonderstruck. And I felt like I have over a million colors.

    "Are you ready?" He asked.

   "Yeah."

     We had both entered into the diner that has two floors. And it was the smell of what every diner smells like. And going through the two glass doors to enter there was music playing through the speakers of Ellie Goulding's Seventeen. And then we got table for two.

~

                  C H R I S T O P H E R:🥀

I had called April seventeen times. But it just kept going to voicemail. I can't complain. I told her I'd give her space and time to decide. We haven't talked much since our fight on Thanksgiving. And I hate that we had that fight. I shouldn't have texted Jessica. But we are friends. But also, April lately has been clingy, jealous and overprotective of every girl I talk to or even look at. And it's mostly the ones on the cheerleading squad.

    And the thing is I've been extremely loyal to her from day one. Until... I kissed Emma. Which was definitely a mistake. Something I shouldn't have done. And I know I can't even take it back. But I'm just curious of how I can actually sit here and sulk. I don't even wish to leave my room. I have sat on my floor and I had gone back to my journal looking through it. And if anyone read it I think they'd never like me. Not even for a second. And so I just couldn't think. I had two things on my mind; April...terrified she has moved on from me so soon. And then... I was afraid of Patrick taking advantage of Emma. She admitted their going to do it. And it angers me. But it terrifies me.

     I know it isn't my business who Emma dates. But she doesn't know I can see right through Patrick. And I know that he isn't all what he tells her. But I'm terrified after tonight... he will destroy her. And I can't let that happen.

     I took my phone out just checking it in case April had texted me. I just wish she'd call me and make up her mind. It just seems that she isn't interested in me at all. And I just hadn't understood any of the reasons why we are spending time apart. That fight was stupid. And I just couldn't even bear another moment. So I called her again. It just kept ringing and ringing and ringing. And it went to her voicemail of that same greeting.

   "Hey angels, it's April. Leave a message." Her recorded voice said and then the beep went off for me to record.

   "Hey Ape, it's me. I just really miss you. And I miss hearing your voice. These past weeks have been so difficult. And I just wanna let you know before you decide if we're over... I want you to know that I have no feelings for Jessica or Emma like how I feel for you. You are the best thing that ever happened to me. So please understand. I don't think I could ever pick anyone over you. You are the one I want. Just call me. Please." I said to her voicemail and then I hung up.

    The second I hung up my phone a thought came to my mind. What if I went over to see her? Just...what if? I mean I know I promised to give her space. But I just wanna know if she's okay. That's all I care about.

    I got off the floor and I decided to take a shower and I took my time with which outfit I would wear out. And so I had taken a blackberry color sweater and I put on dark blue jeans and my nice pair of black Adidas. And just then I had worn on the best cologne I own. And I had dried my hair. And when I did, I grabbed my brown leather jacket deciding to leave with my phone and wallet.

But when I had entered downstairs mom was in the kitchen making dinner it seems. I rolled my eyes, seeing that she had this nice Christmas green color sweater and black slacks and her hair was tied behind her in a low ponytail. And I just wanted to leave to see April. Mom doesn't know about the boundaries we are having apart. But I think she is being a bit questionable about it. So that's why I'm keeping her out of it.

I tried reaching to the basement door before she'd notice. But I failed.

"Junebug..." she said, using my nickname she has for me. "Where are you going?"

"Out." I replied quickly.

She gave me the look like she knew I was being standoffish because I knew it wasn't her business where I will be going. And it's obviously not her business. Even if it's night.

"Where?" She asked anyways which bugged me.

"To Ty's." I lied, only for what I could say.

"At this time of night?" She looked down at her watch. "Chris, it's after eight thirty. And San Diego is far. You'll be out there by ten. And plus it's a school night. I don't want you driving out there."

"Mom, I'm seventeen. I can take care of myself." I said.

"Christopher," she was on the verge of getting infuriated.

"Do you want me to talk to you on the phone the whole ride?" I said.

"Nothing. Just...be careful. But I'm telling you now things are gonna have to start changing around here." She warned me.

"Yeah, I hear you." I said, opening the basement door and I went down the basement and I had gone directly to the garage from basement.

I had gotten in the garage shutting the door from the basement and the entry of the garage. I had opened up the garage door and I then had left through the garage and I closed garage when I walked through. And I unlocked my Mercedes Benz before I got to it automatically. And then I had stared at my car door and I opened it, getting inside and I started my car up and I drove forward out of the driveway.

I drove, thinking a lot. I just wanted to know about April and what the fuck is taking her so long to even notice that I been extremely patient with her. It's been three weeks. If she hasn't decided then there is definitely something holding her back. And I wasn't just going to wait for her to call me.

When I entered on April's street I turned my headlights off so nobody would know I was there. And I just couldn't even believe that I was doing this. Once I parked, turning off my car, I thought of if I wanted to do this because it's not too late changing my mind. Once I step out there's no going back.

I had taken my time. I sighed and then I had unbuckled myself and I had gotten out but I shut my door as quiet as I could be. Just so that the neighbors or anyone would hear. And after, I had just left to walk silently in the yard. I had only to fear how this will go.

I took the route I always did. The one where I had taken when I used to sneak away at night to see her and climb into her bedroom window in the middle of the night. And so, I did exactly that.

There's this tree right by her window and I would climb into her balcony window where satin beige curtains hung by the French doors. Of course I climbed up the tree. I had only thought how this might look. If I'm going to see her I only wanna talk and see what her decision is.

In so much short time I climbed into her balcony window and that's when I had quietly knocked. And I had just hoped this wasn't going to kill me. The lights turned on when they were off. And walking to open the curtains came...

Luke Smith.

What the hell? I honestly wasn't sure what to think of this. I just ran a possibility through my mind. I always been jealous of any guy who would talk to her. If it were Logan, of course. But Luke... Victoria's boyfriend definitely confuses me.

"Greyson, what are you doing here?" He said, his eyes looked very sore.

I scoffed. "I could ask you the same thing."

"Christopher, if you're here for April...she doesn't wanna see you. Don't you understand? She needs time." Luke said.

"I been giving her time. For three weeks. What the hell do you know? And why do you care? And why the fuck are you here? In my girlfriend's room?" I spat, rambling.

I did everything I could to remain calm. I needed to stay calm and not lose my anger. And Luke looked like shit. He looked like he had been hit by a truck and ran out of a hospital and could barely walk.

"It's not for me to tell you this... but April just wants space. It's not easy for her. You gotta give her time. Just let her come to you." He said.

"What is going on with you and my girlfriend?" I spat in anger.

"Well, did you know Victoria and I broke up?" He asked as if it were obvious.

I didn't. Does Emma know? And if she does why didn't she tell me? I mean we are brother sister. This all explains why he looks like crap. Luke stared at me already reading me like a book and knew I had no idea.

"Emma didn't tell you?" He was shocked.

"No, since she's been dating Patrick. We haven't been talking as much. But what does you and Victoria breaking up got to do with you being here?" I said.

He cleared his throat. "Well, back in June April and Logan and I went on this camping trip. It was a weekend trip. But for months before April and I had slept together multiple times. So yea, I cheated on Victoria with April... a lot. We slept together on the camping trip. Logan found us and since we were feuding. And we hadn't been friends since. And Logan told Emma. And Emma told Victoria. And Victoria broke up with me. And then April heard because it's been going around like a virus. And she asked me to come over to talk. But talking is t helping about...everything."

Wow this guy is a total douche. Why is Victoria into a guy like him anyways?

"Wait a second...April cheated? Not Logan?" I was struck with confusion.

"You thought Logan cheated? Wow April hasn't told you the truth." He said, chuckling a bit.

Why did I bother coming over here? All of this was such a big mistake. And then I saw that April was right behind him coming over to the balcony. She looked stressed.

"April, I-" I started to say.

"Fuck you." She spat at me, pushing me back. "I told you to give me space. What part of that don't you fucking understand? I want you to leave now."

I couldn't believe this. And it was like I had been dumped. Or as if she wants me out of her life completely.

"No, I'm not leaving because I want a straight forward answer if we are over." I demanded.

"No, I told you once before and once before that.... we are not over. I just want time and space. That's all. Just give me more time." She said.

I couldn't believe this. And I didn't want to believe this. I blinked feeling so stupid for trying. Here Luke was standing and if they had sex in the past then it wouldn't surprised me if that's what's going on.

Oh fuck this is like Gina Braithwaite all over again. History is repeating itself.

"Did you fuck Luke? Is that what's going on here?" I said.

I stared at her wearing nothing but a long white varsity shirt that went down to her knees. I felt this rage. But I hid it. I hid it far away from her.

"No, Christopher. If you think I'm that cold to cheat on you then you don't know me at all." She crossed her arms and I felt myself getting so much more pissed by the minute.

"Well why not?" I began. "You cheated on Logan which you lied to me about. What else have you lied to me about?"

"That's the only thing. Everything else has been the truth. I promise. And I made a mistake with Luke. With you I couldn't do that. Luke and I are friends now. He was upset about his breakup with Victoria. That's all." She said.

I call bullshit on this.

"Is that what Emma and you were really arguing about? It wasn't just about us going to college. It was about you cheating on Logan with Luke and how you didn't tell me the truth or Victoria... that's what it was, wasn't it?" I said.

April stared at me with her blue eyes. She looked terrified. And I knew that's exactly what it was.

"You lied you me, Ape." I whispered.

"Christopher, I'm sorry. I really am. But I will admit I lied about making Logan seem like a cheater. But I'm with you. And I love you. I would never do any to hurt you." She said, her voice sounding scratchy.

Nothing was making sense. But I couldn't believe she lied to me. She could have been honest. I would have liked her either way. Maybe with me she is different. But she lied to me. How could she?

"You know what. Your right we do need to set boundaries. And now I'm setting mine with you. I'm gonna go." I said.

"Christopher, wait. Please we can talk about this." She pleaded which I ignored.

"We will. When I'm fucking ready to call you." I said harshly.

I got out of her balcony and I just got back into tree climbing down and I went back to my car so quick. All I wanted to do was just break something. I get angry plenty of times. And I hate when I get angry. But right now I am so fucking angry at this whole scenario.

I shut my car door, slamming it. I just took my time only to throw my head over my steering wheel. I was so angry at how she could lie to me. And does she think that I wouldn't believe she's not capable of sleeping with Luke again? But that doesn't matter now. What matters is how she lied. And maybe Logan isn't crazy. And I just couldn't believe this. And now I have other problems to worry about. Problems like Patrick and Emma.

My phone vibrated and I saw it was Jessica.

"Hey Jess..." I softly answered.

"You sound awful. Are you okay?" Jessica asked, concern filled in her voice.

I hesitated, taking my time before anything. I realized it started rain and it was lightly tapping onto my windshield and the hood of car.

"Chris?"

"Actually, I need your help with something... Jessica. A huge favor."

~

E M M A: 🌹

Nicely lovely jazz music was playing through diner even when it seems like a restaurant. And as nice as it seems and sounds... Patrick and I were already having a good night. The night was going insanely well. I had shared the rest of my fries with Patrick. And we had kissed multiple times.

There was nothing like a good night at 27 Straws. And the music had me jamming. And the song was Ed Sheeran's Thinking Out Loud. And this song was definitely amazing. At least I think it is.

"Is tonight worth it at all?" I asked Patrick, making sure it wasn't an awful night even though I'm positive he doesn't think it is.

"Everyday is worth it with you." He responded.

The burgers were insanely huge and that's why when I had eaten it I had gone crazy over it. And Patrick went nuts for their fries which were good. And I was curious about the seasoning they might use. But it was good.

"So Patrick, what is the story about your truck?" I said with a smile on my face after I had gulped some of my Coke.

He leaned forward to me comfortably.

"My truck?" He laughed.

"Yeah, what's your story of getting it?" I cheerfully asked.

   "It's a '94 truck. And it was originated from my dad when he bought it. But then after having it for years he had given it to me to when I was sixteen." He told me.

    No matter how short the story was I definitely liked it because his truck does not seem old at all. And he acts like 1994 is old. But is it? I had rolled my eyes jokingly at silly he made himself sound. And he had just smiled afterwards. He grabbed my hand making me feel very grateful for being here with him.

   "Emma, do you like being here tonight or was it pointless?" He asked me.

   I chuckled. "Nothing's pointless when I'm here with you. I'm just glad you took me here and not to some dance club or a frat house party that sells drugs."

"No, that's something Christopher would do." He joked, as if he were making fun of his best friend behind his back.

I had enjoyed every second of the cheeseburger and fries and I think April is right. Their food is beyond delicious. And I do love it more than anything. I just enjoyed it terribly. I guess I never knew how gracious everything is.

   "Have you talked to your mom?" He asked me, his voice being so polite as anything.

   I had just taken a bite from my burger, placing it back down and I swallowed, thinking of how to tell him. I take my napkin wiping my mouth so mustard wasn't on my face.

   "We talk. And I do miss her. Even when I resented her for walking out on dad and me. But she kept telling me that she walked out on my father, not on me." I explained.

   "I'm sure she had a good reason, didn't she?" He said.

   I shrugged. "I don't know. Mom doesn't like to talk about it. She just says they grew apart and they were nothing like the way they used to be when they first met. But I was so angry at my father. He moved on less than two months with another woman and got married."

  "It's hard when you see your parent be happy with someone else. My mom did it. When she left... she married this guy. And he was covered with tattoos and he had piercings. But he was good to my mom unlike my father was. As long as she was happy. Then so was I." Patrick said.

      It is so much drama in our families. And I only thought I can relate with Patrick. And when I first met him at the wedding reception I had no idea the secrets he had behind his smile.

   "Colleen used to be so nice to me and my sister when I was twelve. And she had lost her husband. She had us over for dinner every night up until she married your father." He told me.

    I smiled only thinking there are such generous people in this world. And some show it and others just push it aside like it means nothing. Colleen is kind and generous. When I first met her I knew that, but I ignored it because I was too stressed over mom leaving and dad dating another woman. Things just happen very quickly.

   "Yeah, I think I was a bit of a bitch to Colleen when I first met her. It was a month before the wedding." I began.

   "Okay."

   "And I guess I ignored how kind she was. Only because I was dealing with so much. My mom leaving, my parents divorce, and dad dating another woman. There was just so much going on. I was a bit resentful at their wedding too. But I wanted my father to be happy. And he pulled me aside for two weeks straight after his honeymoon to see if I was okay with Colleen and Christopher living with us. I told him I was, but a part of me wasn't as well." I said.

   "Damn. That's so much to go through." He said.

    I had not cared about much until my feelings for Christopher increased and when Patrick came in to my life being a friend but took my hand giving me love, support and respect. Something I think I deserve.

     He took my hand, easily stroking it. And I adored his beautiful perfection he has for me. I smiled at him as if I was forced to. And I did love being out here on a night like this.

    Patrick and I had changed the subject eventually so it didn't be a sad night. And we laughed and we had so many things to say on our minds. And it could have made me sound foolish but I was feeling wiser and stronger than ever.

   "So, Patrick, what is your sign?" I brought up which definitely shocked him.

"Sagittarius." He replied. "What about you?"

"Virgo." I giggled. "I guess they say that Virgo has a bitch face and Sagittarius are so fiery and charm. Always on the run. And you are charming, Pat."

He laughed which definitely put a smile on both of our faces. And I just stared deeply into his eyes and it took me a while to notice how grateful everything was. And I had it all. So the quietness between us became so much more than I leaned in and I kissed him. We shared the longest kiss that it became insane.

I didn't pull my lips from his and he definitely enjoyed kissing me as much as I enjoyed kissing him. I pulled him in, cupping both sides of his face, kissing him. And even with the music flowing while I kissed him I just kissed him harder anything. But it was passionate. And I was unable to stop. And I enjoyed every moment of it. And I couldn't exactly stop if I wanted to.

I noticed it was raining outside. And it kinda scared me because my hair was done fine and once I get out there my hair will turn back to its natural hair of being straight. And I don't like the rain so much. Why do I have such bad luck in the rain? And losing the curls is my bad luck, I guess.

"I'll be right back. Excuse me for a moment." I said with an apologetic smile and I got up from the booth table and I walked to the restrooms.

Once I entered in, I stood over the sinks staring at my reflection. And I just couldn't even think of what to do from the good feeling I am feeling right now. I had a smile on my face. And I couldn't exactly stop if I tried. The music flowed irk the restrooms speakers as well. I just thought of how this night has brought me luck except for the pouring rain outside.

I had taken my lipgloss from my purse putting it back on my lips and I just smiled shortly at myself. And at this point in time Patrick was on my mind.

Is this real? Am I truly bing crazy? Or is this all in my head? What is going on with me?

I had so much going on and by then I had the bathroom empty and I just tried my best to discover what is going on with me. And I just looked like a fool or so I felt.

As I turned I noticed a girl around my age popped out of one of the stalls. And she had these long black braids. She had olive skin and she looked beautiful and she was as tall as me.

"So your dating Patrick?" She said, raising a brow. And I had no idea how she knew Patrick or me. "I'm Jessica Johnsen. Patrick and I are good friends. He used to be like the best friend that would carry your books for you in school. But he works like a maniac."

This girl was like being a bitch. She was testing me out or something. But I knew something was off about her. And I didn't like it one bit. Once I saw those brown irises of hers, it was like I was reading right through him.

"Yeah, well we're dating." I admitted.

She chuckled in disbelief. "It's funny because I never knew Patrick would go out with a girl like you. Your just too fine...no shade. Just saying he likes the type that are obsessed with partying and weed."

She was starting to piss me off.

"So are you counseling our relationship?" I spat at her quickly, feeling beyond agitated.

"No, it's just that Christopher...your stepbrother he told me that-"

What are the chances? How did I not know he sent this bitch here to provoke me and to change my mind of dating Patrick. I thought Christopher changed. But he's done the exact opposite.

"-Christopher?" I said in fury. "He sent you here to spy on me? But you can tell that asshole that I don't care about what he says. And that I'm with Patrick and there's nothing he can do to change my mind."

She put her hands up. "No, he wanted me to warn you actually."

The second she said warn I wanted to slap her and kill her. I couldn't believe this right now. Jessica looked like she would fuck anything.

"Warn me?" I repeated, so angry at this point.

"Look, Patrick seems like a dream come true boyfriend. And every girl falls for his charm. But Emma, he's everything but that. You know that he used to play girls. How are you so sure he won't do the same to you?" She said.

This was ruining my night. I turned away from her. I know Patrick made plenty of mistakes. But this is not one of them. I rolled my eyes, looking down at the sink only thinking of if he would why would he? When he says he loves me? He is taking me out to dinner and gave me a locket and he's done a lot.

"Let me just tell you this...I'm Gina's best friend. That's how I know a lot. And I am going to warn you...stay away from Patrick." She told me which I could have slapped her for saying so.

"How come?"

I turned facing her and she had looked like she was someone he slept with.

"Patrick played me. He did the same crap to me he is doing to you. Giving you a gift, taking you out. And being kind. But he said I was his everything until he fucked me and then left me and then the next day he was fucking another girl." She said.

"He isn't the same anymore. He's changed." I said softly.

She blinked. "Guys like Patrick Wyoming don't change."

I didn't wanna hear this because somehow I didn't wanna believe this about the guy I love.

"Your wrong." I said.

"Emma..." her voice trailed off. "I'm gonna warn you now and now only. If he tells you he loves you... that is the dangerous of it all. If he loves you... if he ever says he loves you... you need to run. Run and never turn back, never think of turning back, never try turning back. You just run and keeping running away. If he says it... that is more dangerous than of it all."

"I hate to break it to you but he does love me. And I want you to stay away from me and Patrick. And tell Christopher I said to go fuck himself." I grabbed my purse.

I had gone to the door, exiting quickly. I was just angry at her for doing this. But I had ignored every part of what she said because I knew it was a lie. She had to be a jealous bitch who likes Patrick. But I don't care because I'm with Patrick. And I'm not gonna give him up.

I had looked at the booth where Patrick was waiting for me and I breathed, blocking out Jessica from my head and I had gone directly to him. And I was just furious at Jessica for the bullshit she had said. And I know none of it is true.

     I greeted Patrick with a hug and when I rejoined him he looked at me bizarrely as if he sensed something was off about me. But I needed to play along with it.

   "Are you okay?" He asked me.

  "Yeah, everything's fine." I smiled, trying my best to sound as convincing as possible and I think I was.

      Once I was back in the booth, the best song started playing that I definitely loved. I hadn't exactly been the biggest fan of Lesley Gore. But the second You Don't Own Me started flowing through the place I just wanted to fall and glee. And it's a song from 1962.

      Patrick and I had talked our way through the milkshakes we got for dessert. We got them large with lots of whip cream and sprinkles and chocolate sauce. And it was divine. We laughed and made jokes. Patrick talked to me about his job at the animal shelter and he said he very much enjoys it. And at the same time I am drawn with envy. Can you imagine working with animals? Like dogs, cats or anything quite like that. When I was seven I always wanted to be a veterinarian. Sometimes I wanted to be an English teacher. Or just famous poet. Or even a dancer. I mean I've done dancing for years. Like ballet to the point people knew I was great. And now being a doctor has been on my wish list for such a long time.

    Once we were done with the milkshakes Patrick decided on paying the bill and once that was done, I had put on my sweater and Patrick had his jacket on. And we had headed for the door outside and he had wrapped his arm over my shoulder as we walked out. And it was raining like crazy. It was raining so heavy I was already soaked. My shoes it had to be pointless at wearing.

    I yelped from getting so wet from the rain. And I was drenched. My curls dying away. And Patrick had my hand.

   "Hey, it's just rain, Em." Patrick chuckled. "Your not gonna melt. Except your hair."

   "Rain can kill you when there's a lot." I tried walking away from him to get to his truck but he grabbed me by the arm, pulling me back towards him.

   "There are other better things to do in the rain." He suggested.

   "Like?" I took my purse holding it over my head.

   "Like this..." he leaned in, kissing me passionately and I actually forgot about the rain.

     When we pulled away he had pulled me towards him and he picked me up over his shoulder where I was laughing, nonstop. And just as that, he had put me down and I kissed him so hard once my feet hit the concrete of the parking lot. And we kissed for the longest moment until we heard the sound of a car screeching. And it stopped face, the wipers on the windshield were on going crazy. And Patrick and I was struck by how this was happening all over again which did upset me. I knew it was Christopher. What the fuck was he doing here?

     Christopher got out and he looked so angry at me it was like another side to him. I didn't know what to do. And I can't even believe that this is happening right in front of my eyes. I just wanted to scream but I knew that was impossible. But he was fuming right now.

    "Emma, get away from him and get in the car." Christopher demanded me.

    He tried reaching for me which I took three big steps back away from him. I was not going to get in his car after he butts his fucking nose into my love life.

   "NO!" I shouted at him. "I am not going anywhere with you."

    Patrick seemed confused as I was. I cling onto Patrick, unable to accept Christopher's controlling bullshit. Christopher stared at me like he wanted to kill me. As if I was a prey and he was hunting me down. Like I was a doe and he wanted to shoot me down quickly for the season.

   "Emma, listen to me. Patrick is trying to hurt you. He's done it before. I was okay with it all. But I realized he is doing it all over again because word travels fast from his school to me as a former student." Christopher said, he looked at Patrick like he was so angry.

  "What the fuck are you talking about?" I hissed at him.

   "But he isn't the only one lying. You are too, Emma. You aren't even honest to your own boyfriend. But I kept it secret. But not I'm not sure if I can." Christopher was ranting where I could kill him right now.

     If he tells him about us in the basement I will never forgive him. I'm seeing the jealousy Christopher.

   "What's he talking about, Emma?" Patrick asked me.

   "Nothing. He's fucking crazy is what he is. He just wants to be the big brother to protect me like some hero. But I don't accept it. He doesn't want me to be happy." I said.

   "You both have confessions. You start first Patrick." He demanded. "Tell my sister how you told everyone that you are gonna pound my sister. And later you'd dump her to go and fuck Sara Conway." Christopher said with rage.

   I turned from Patrick where he was shocked and I saw how Christopher was trying to do everything in his power to make me unhappy.

   "TELL HER!" He screamed at him.

     Patrick looked so devastated and in distraught. The rain was pouring down and I looked between Patrick and Christopher. And I saw Christopher backing down a bit to give Patrick the moment to respond to him.

   "Patrick? Were you or were you not going to use me?" I had asked him.

   "I pretended I was. But I wasn't, Emma. You've got to believe me. You are different than the girls I played. I wasn't going to-" I cut him off by putting my hand up nearly ready to walk away. "But who cares. How about you Christopher? You are only doing this so you can fuck Emma. You just wanna control her, manipulate her, be the man to he. Just so you can bone her."

   Christopher chuckled in disbelief.

   "No, Patrick. It's the opposite. That's Emma's confession now." He smiled looking over at me in which I rolled my eyes at him. "Go on, Emma. Tell him about how your in love with me."

     I started to panic. But I tried calming down. And just like that I couldn't even cope or bear any of this. Why is Christopher doing this? I had tears falling from my eyes from the anxiety. How can I do this? How can I keep going through this with him?

   "Is it true, Emma? Are you in love with him?" Patrick asked.

   I nodded first. "Y-yes. But I knew I couldn't be with him. We kissed but he rejected me because he called it a mistake and 'cause he's with April. And I moved on. It was before we started dating, Patrick." I did everything in my power for him to believe me.

   "You lied to me. I asked you if you had any feelings for him and you told me NO! And you did nothing but lie right to my face." He looked so hurt.

     I couldn't find my way out of this one. And then I looked over to see Christopher who looked sad but maybe to him this was best for the both of us.

   "I didn't wanna hurt you, Pat." I confessed.

    "You lying to me hurt me more. I can't believe you. You two deserve each other. I'm done with you, Emma. I can't even look at you. Go fuck your stepbrother. Like you want. And you Chris, don't talk me ever again. And I'm glad I fucked Gina after all." He had turned away and I saw Patrick there just ready to leave.

    "Just runaway Patrick!" Christopher shouted to him.

     Patrick stopped in his tracks. And he turned back to Christopher and he looked so angry.

   "You know what Christopher... after all those years you acted so fucking perfect. You were the guy every girl wanted. And you stole Gina from me the second it was me she should have been with. She stayed with you for what? To let you push her around? And she always went back to you. Perfect little fucking Christopher Greyson. I was just second best. And you always came first. But I got my chance with her. When you walked out and I fucked her at Ty's party while you were drunk upstairs throwing up. I was... banging your girlfriend. And I made her come harder than you ever could have. And Gina well she loved it. Oh and also, Gina was never sick. I only said that to hurt you so you could feel the hurt you made me feel for those years watching you take something that should have been mine." Patrick ranted.

     I watched Christopher clench his fist and I wanted to stop him but before I could I watched Christopher lunge for him as his fist collided with Patrick's jaw and he fell to the concrete ground. I saw Christopher nearly attack him I was screaming.

   "CHRISTOPHER, PLEASE DON'T DO THIS! PLEASE!" I cried for him to stop.

    But Christopher kicked him in the gut and I watched him just punch him so many times I cried. I tried pulling Christopher off of him. But Christopher had knocked me down to the ground and I landed on my side, feeling like I could break. Patrick had a hard time breathing I could head. And just like that, I cried watching.

   "Fuck you!" Christopher punched him in the face again and I couldn't even move. "YOU SON OF A BITCH!"

Patrick didn't fight back. And just like that Christopher had stopped but after Patrick stood he took out his pocket knife and I yelped.

"PATRICK, DON'T!" I screamed. "CHRISTOPHER!"

Before he could do anything Christopher fought him over the knife, knocking it out of his hand and it fell onto the ground. Patrick spit blood out. And just like that I got up on my feet only to cry as I watched Patrick get in his truck and leave.

When I watched him leave, I broke down in tears. And I wanted to never stop crying. I thought Patrick was different. But he was anything but different. He's just like Luke. And I cried to myself not able to breathe.

I imagined the whole world wiped. And it's nothing but oblivion. And I'm the only one on it. I cried with the hardest sobs. The sobs that I knew would never stop. So I cried. And I felt like this was never going to end. I knew Christopher was watching me. And I felt the heavy hard rain fall on me. Patrick's truck had driven away by then. And I couldn't even bear another moment of this regret and fear. My emotions were everywhere. And I lost control....

A/N:
Hey guys it's your girl Emily!

I hope you enjoyed another chapter!
I will post chapter 17 soon as possible once I start working on it. I am so excited for the next chapter! The next chapter is going to be the best chapter so far! I am very excited.

Yeah, Patrick wasn't as innocent as he claimed. Christopher was right the entire time. 🤦🏽‍♀️ 😢

I A M V O T I N G F O R
#teamCHRISTOMMA 🌹💕 🕊

     BTW I wanna hear your thoughts in the comments! And I just love hearing what your predictions might be! And please vote! It helps! And thanks for the reads!

#loveyourself
#staybeautiful

🌹

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

80.4K 6.1K 71
He fell in love with the girl he had a one-night stand with. When her true nature revealed, he hated himself for loving her and decided never to see...
230K 9.3K 75
"Mels I think we should break up" David said to her, his voice flat, no emotion, as though he wasn't blowing up her entire world with his blunt words...
694K 15.4K 28
"You see I would happily screw, but not get off. I want to listen to you moan my name, scream it. I want to feel your kitten tighten around me. I wan...
18.4K 371 9
When Claire gets forced into a fake relationship for business with a douchebag she just met, her heart shatters into pieces that can never be put tog...