Strings Attached

Por realbadass

Celeste Lucas Fischer was a brilliant and intelligent witch of her time. She had the same ambition as her bro... Más

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chap 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22

Chapter 14

306 14 6
Por realbadass

Celeste walked upto Minister's office. It's been a month since she was back to work after a slap on her wrist despite her efforts that landed Grindelwald in jail.

Despite the slap on her wrist, Celeste was now head of magical law and enforcement, making her the only member in her family to hold a post of head.

"You wanted to see me, Minister Fawley?" Celeste asked, walking in his office. "Ah yes. Take a seat Ms. Fischer. I have heard a lot of praise in just one month of you being the head of the department." Fawley said, grinning. Celeste rolled her eyes inwardly and kept her gaze locked with him.

"And what any of that has to do with this...sudden meeting?" Celeste asked, twining her fingers on her lap.

"I want you to be assigned to the case of Obscurus." Fawley said, making Celeste raise her brow. "And what for?" Celeste asked, giving him a look.

"He is the obscurus you encountered in New York. He is in Europe. I want him gone. Dead. And I trust you to do so." Fawley said, leaning back in his chair.

A small laughter passed Celeste's lips, making Fawley raise his brow at her. "Was that a joke to you, Ms. Fischer?" Fawley asked, narrowing his eyes at her.

"Absolutely minister. You are trying to open a case in which the victim is dead. And, let's say if he is alive, why go and piss him more off? There has been no mysterious destruction this past month anywhere. So, tell me, why should I do this?" Celeste asked, her eyes narrowing.

"Because I have pressure to keep up. Grindelwald is gone, there is nothing to worry about. But people are still concerned about the escaped Obscurus." Fawley said, huffing.

"Then take my answer. No." Celeste said, before standing up. "No? No?! We are talking about obscurus here!" Fawley exclaimed loudly, slapping the table with his palm.

"Based on no evidence whatsoever. Where is the obscurus?" Celeste asked, turning around, her hand firm on the handle.

Fawley just stared at her, with no words coming out of his mouth. "We have some ideas...." He finally said but he trailed away at last as he noticed the looks in the eyes of Celeste.

"Why use your energy in a case which has no evidence or location whatsoever. And I am not going to terminate him. He is the result of our own recklessness and muggle's ego. He deserves to live. If he isn't harming anyone, then there is no reason I am going to kill him." Celeste said, coldly before opening the door and stepping out of the office.

After a long tedious day at ministry, Celeste entered her house with a tired sigh. She hung her coat on the rack before walking further in the house.

She could hear some voices making her internally groan and chuckle. "How stupid of me to forget this." She muttered under her breath as she entered her living room, noticing Albert nursing a glass of whiskey and looking like he was in physical pain.

"Oh here you are Celeste!" Albert exclaimed as he noticed her daughter standing at the threshold of the living room.

"What's going on?" Celeste asked, chuckling. "Your mother is grilling me and Newt about the decorations. She is at it for an hour. Rescue us." Albert said, earning a sharp look from Stefanie.

"Mum, Lass es uns in mein Zimmer neh." Celeste said, winking at her dad. "Ja. I need to make some plans." Stefanie said, her Germanic accent too heavy, signaling that she was stressing out.

"Newt, we are having company tomorrow. Dinner with Charlus and his wife." Celeste said before she was whisked away by her mother.

And as though leaves shed from the tree in autumn season, it was the day where Celeste's world will change a little bit, but will surely change.

"GILBERT FISCHER, GET UP! IT'S YOUR SISTER'S WEDDING! YOU POSSIBLY AREN'T THINKING OF SLEEPING IN!" Stefanie's voice rang out in Fischer manor making Celeste chuckle.

"MOM, I AM AWAKE! STOP SCREAMING!" Gilbert's frustrated voice rang out in the manor. "Honey, do you need any help? We have precisely 6 hours until we depart for the chapel." Stefanie said, speaking in Celeste's room.

"No mom, I will get ready on my own, and Helena is dropping off in fifteen minutes. Can't believe that she is the head mediwitch now." Celeste chuckled as she sat in front of the mirror in her robes.

"Do you need tea? It always helps with nerves." Stefanie asked, looking more nervous than Celeste felt.

She turned around on her chair, and smiled at her mom. "Mama, I am fine. You are the one in need of tea." Celeste said, before being interrupted by a woman.

"Gosh, this stupid hat." Helena grumbled as she entered the room, apologizing to Stefanie as their shoulder bumped together.

"Helena!" Celeste stood up and walked towards her best mate and tackled her into a tight hug.

"Oomph! I get it, Fischer, you are happy to see me!" Helena said, her words mumbling a bit. "Oh you have absolutely no idea Yorkes." Celeste said, pulling away from the hug.

"We met like a day ago." Helena said, giving Celeste a funny look before looking at Stefanie. "I will handle it from here Mrs. Fischer." Helena said, before Stefanie nodded her head and walked away.

"So, soon to be Mrs. Scamander, huh? Who thought I would see this day." Helena said with a smirk. Celeste rolled her eyes before sitting on the bed.

"Yeah yeah whatever you say. Though I am feeling a bit jittery. I have lived with Newt for years, but this is making me nervous." Celeste said, lightly tapping the floor by her foot.

"And that's common. You remember when I got married? I just bursted into tears two hours before the wedding." Helena said, grinning.

"Oh hell, I do remember that. I had to redo your makeup." Celeste said, lightly punching her arm.

"My point is, you are getting married. You are committing to someone forever. It's different from living under the same roof as partners and life partners." Helena said, making Celeste breath a little in relief.

"You do have a knack to comfort people." Celeste said, giggling. "A talent I was born with." Helena said, grinning.

As it was nearing the time to head to chapel, Celeste was helped into her wedding dress which was absolutely stunning with small diamonds scattered on the tail of the dress.

Her dress hugged her body perfectly, and her neck was a high neck made of chiffon. There was heavy embroidery on the chest of the dress.

Her hair was done in a beautiful updo with Stefanie's wedding tiara, that was passed on to her from her ancestors, sat on her head.

Helena finally placed the beautiful veil on her head, which had lace and stone attached to it. "You sure went all out with this veil. Newt is going to have cardiac arrest." Helena said as she put the final touches to Celeste's gown.

Celeste's face was kept in neutral makeup, with her cheeks glowing like sun rays were directly brushing against her cheeks. Her ears had the most elegant teardrop earrings.

"You are really the most beautiful bride ever Celeste." Helena said, sniffing a little.

"Oh don't tell me you are going to cry." Celeste said, looking at her friend with an amused smile. "I am crying because I feel bad for Newt. He will have to handle you for his lifetime. Poor lad." Helena joked, as she carefully wipes away the tears.

Celeste playfully hit her before they were interrupted by knocks. Helena went ahead and opened the door.

Queenie rushed in with a squeal. "Oh my love, you look so pretty." Queenie said as she pulled Celeste into a hug.

"I am so glad you could make it Queensie!" Celeste exclaimed as she hugged back the woman. "Well it was not like we were going to miss your wedding." Another voice chimed in.

Tina stood by the door with a small smile on her face. "Uh, need some introduction here." Helena said, a bit awkwardly.

"Oh, my bad. Ena, this is Queenie and Tina. Queens, tina, this is my best friend Helena, the head mediwitch at st. Mongos." Celeste introduced them to each other.

"Ah, the two of you helped Ces with the capturing of Grindelwald. Quite delightful to meet you." Helena said as she shook Tina's hands.

"And it's good to meet you Helena. Heard lots of good words about you." Tina said, as she smiled.

Gilbert craned his neck up as he stopped at the door. "Ladies, let me in. Its family time." Gilbert said as he spotted Celeste standing in front of the tall mirror.

"Yes, sure. Just don't make her cry, or else I will end you." Helena said, before walking away with Queenie and Tina.

"So, it's the final day as Fischer huh?" Gilbert asked, and Celeste could clearly see that he was struggling to keep tears at bay. "Well I am still keeping my surname, so it's hard to get rid of me." Celeste joked as her brother stood in front of her.

Gilbert took Celeste's hands in his, and sniffed a bit. "You were so small when mum and dad laid you in my arms. You were so fragile. But I was so lucky to have you as my sister. Now look at you, all grown up. Ready to start a family of your own." Gilbert said, as Albert and Stefanie entered the room.

Gilbert pulled Celeste into a bone crushing hug as tears made down his cheeks. "I know nothings gonna change much, it's just you and Newt will be husband and wife but seeing you, in your wedding dress, it's making me want to stop the time." Gilbert said, hiding his face on his sister's shoulder.

"As you said, nothing's gonna change." Celeste said, rubbing her brother's back. He pulled away from the hug, wiping away the tears.

"See, you made me cry!" Gilbert said, faking frowning at his sister. "Well you are such a big baby, you were gonna cry either way." Celeste teased her brother.

"Mum!" Gilbert looked at his mother, who just shook her head. "You two, I swear to merlin." Stefanie said, before she walked towards her daughter.

"Time ran so fast. You were just a tiny little thing when I first held you, and now look at you. Head of the department of magical law and enforcement and is getting married today. You make me so proud. I have no words how much this day means to me. I get to see my daughter start her own family." Stefanie said, tears slipping through her eyes making Celeste's wet a bit.

"Mama, I love you." Celeste said, bringing the mother in a tight hug. Stefanie let out an audible sob as she hugged her daughter tightly. "You have grown up so much. I wish I could stop time." Stefanie said, making sure that she wasn't destroying anything on her daughter's dress.

She pulled back and kissed her forehead. "I wish you the best for your new life." Stefanie said, wiping away her tears. Albert stepped forward, making Stefanie step back.

Albert looked at her daughter with tears already visible in his eyes. "I am going to be honest with you, when I held you in my arms, and when your tiny little fingers wrapped around my index finger, all I felt was pride and a feeling that you will do something in your life. Watching you turn into a graceful warrior, all I feel is a blooming sense of pride in me. You are just getting married, but don't forget, I am still your father and you are still my troublemaker daughter." Albert said, cupping Celeste's cheek, who sniffed and smiled.

"Papa, you are making me cry." Celeste said, chuckling. "Oh my bad. But congratulations for today. Finally one of my children is going to get married." Albert said, carefully wiping Celeste's tears away.

"Dad, I can hear you. I am literally standing in the same room." Gilbert said, pouting. "The reason I spoke loudly. When are you going to ask Theseus to marry you? It's been years!" Albert asked, rolling his eyes.

"Not to ruin your emotional moment, but it's time to go." Helena peaked through the door. Gilbert and Stefanie walked out to get in the car.

The chapel was just a bit far away from their house, with the chapel being in a wizarding community. The chapel idea was of Helena, who was fond of the idea of marrying in chapel or cathedral after her wedding.

As soon as they reached the chapel, the rose petals appeared infront of the door from where Celeste would step down. The door was opened by Gilbert.

Celeste was feeling as though her heart would burst at any given moment. She breathed in deeply and walked out of the car she was travelling in.

She took the bouquet that Helena handed to her. Her bouquet was beautiful containing plumeria, lily of valley and Velvet daisies. Helena fixed Celeste's veil before Albert approached the duo.

The bell chimed as it marked the time of the wedding. "Merlin's beard, I am nervous." Celeste said to her father as they stood infront of the open oak door of the chapel.

"Feelings are mutual hun." Albert said, as the bridesmaids walked in, followed by maid of honour. "Crap, it's time." Albert said, as he heard the music turn into a low melody.

Celeste took a deep breath, her grip tightening around Albert's arm as they started to walk in the chapel. The hush spread amongst the guests as they stood up and watched the bride and father of the bride walk down the aisle.

Celeste could occasionally hear 'she looks so beautiful.' Charlus Potter was standing with Groom's men, and he could see the shock that spread across Newt's face.

As the father daughter duo reached the altar, the guests sat down. Ironically, Celeste somehow convinced Albus Dumbledore to minister their wedding.

Albert kept Celeste's hand in Newt's shaky hand. Celeste could see the tears glistening in Newt's eyes as he mouthed 'you look stunning' to her.

He was dressed in his signature navy blue tailcoat suit, with black bow tie. His eyes shined brightly against the colour of his clothes. His hair was as messy as alway, not that Celeste minded.

'You look handsome too.' Celeste mouthed back as they both faced Albus. Albert wiped his eyes as he went back to sit with his wife.

"We have gathered here to the joining of two souls. From the wide perspective of life, you may call them soulmates seeing how long they have been together." Albus began, a hush fell over the audience.

"From my own eyes, I saw the small friendship bloom into something really meaningful. While Celeste here is highly ambitious and hot headed, Newt is as ground to earth and calm headed. They both balance each other. The turmoil and the obstacles they crossed to stand with each other today is the sign that they have their forever destined with each other." Albus said, as Celeste sneakily intertwined her fingers with Newt's, who squeezed her hand in comfort.

The ceremony went on with the vows said to each other, Albus cracking small jokes in mid the ceremony in order to keep the ceremony alive. Small sobs resounded from the guest.

"Now the question I am going to ask you two is simple yet will bind you forever." Albus said, his wand in his hand.

"Will you, Celeste Lucas Fischer, take Newton Artemis Fido Scamander, as your lawfully and magically wedded husband?" Albus asked Celeste first who was facing Newt.

"I do." Celeste said, her eyes shining with tears, happy tears. "Will you, Newton Artemis Fido Scamander, take Celeste Lucas Fischer as your lawfully and magically wedded wife?" Albus asked Newt.

"I do." Newt answered, his voice wavy, and looking deeply into Celeste's eyes. Gilbert wiped his eyes, his hand intertwined with Theseus's hand, giving it a squeeze.

After the ring exchanging process, which was emotional and sad as that marked the ending of the wedding ceremony. Albus charmed the stars that surrounded the couple as they kissed each other smiling brightly.

"I present to you the newly wedded couple Mr. Newton Scamander and Mrs. Celeste Fischer Scamader." Albus said, with his eyes twinkling brightly.

The guests stood up cheering for the couple. Stefanie hugged her husband, tears in her eyes. Helena was openly crying, with George trying to sooth her.

Newt and Celeste gazed into each other's eyes smiling, and with a small image of the future in their eyes. They rested their forehead against each other.

"I love you so much, you have no idea." Celeste whispered to Newt, oblivious to people cheering. "And you don't know how much I love you too." Newt whispered back.

The celebration was taken to Fischer manor, where a tent was set up for the couple's reception. Everyone was enjoying their drinks and waiting for the first dance of the couple.

Their dance was just like them, slow and wild and a bit of the steps added on the spot because of Celeste's habit to forget the dance steps.

They were slowly swaying away as the guest joined them on the dance floor. "I don't want this day to end." Celeste said as she rested her head on Newt's shoulder.

"Neither do I. It has been a bliss." Newt said, swaying away slowly. Pickett made an appearance from Newt's pocket, chirping.

Celeste chuckled lightly. "Welcome dear sir pickett." Celeste said, lifting her head and looking at the bowtruckle. He chirped twice more before vanishing away.

"I guess it's his way of saying to dance away." Newt said, laughing. "Ofcourse." Celeste joined him in laughter.

After a few wedding photos being clicked, and a few speeches, the couple bid a goodbye to guests and their parents, with a bit of a tearful goodbye to Celeste's parents.

They apparted back at their house in a village in Dorset that was fully magical. Newt looked at Celeste with eyes full of love. "Let me do this." Newt said, before picking Celeste up causing her to squeal lightly.

He magically unlocked the door and entered their house. Celeste smiled sweetly at Newt. "So dear husband of mine, where are we going?" Celeste asked, tilting her head a bit.

"To see our creatures." Newt said, smiling and softly kissing her side of the head. Celeste nodded her head in agreement. Newt walked downstairs to their extended environment for their creatures.

Newt set her down on her feet as they reached the destination. The creatures, as though noticing something different, came out of their habitats.

"And we need some music." Newt said, removing his wand from the suit jacket and flicking it. The soft music started to play from the radio.

"May I have this dance, m'lady?" Newt asked, smiling. "Why not fine gentleman." Celeste said, taking his hand.

He rested his hand on her waist and took Celeste's free hand in his free hand. They started to away to music as the creatures added their own music in the song that was playing.

"We started our friendship with the creatures, we started dating with how similar our interests were, so I want to start this new chapter with the creatures that brought us together." Newt said, as he twirled her around.

Celeste simply smiled and rested her head on his shoulder, swaying to the music. Newt was right, Celeste wouldn't want this any different.

The presence of creatures that was the reason Celeste could see such a passion in Newt was all she needed to picture her life.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

1M 34.8K 37
The blonde gazed at him, mapping out his face, including the worry tainting it, "We'll find your creatures, Mr. Scamander. I promise." This caught th...
16.1K 209 25
A girl with a tortured past Trying to get back on her feet She has gifts Gifts people would kill for Someone has already tried They'll try again. You...
675 4 13
"The thing you need to understand about Draco Malfoy, is that he was fighting his own war, and he was very good at losing." ** What happens when a Ha...
3.2M 93.5K 110
Maeve, was a quite unique girl. Whoever witnessed her smile or laugh was instantly intoxicated by her presence, and thats what happened to a particul...