Steven Universe X Reader

By rawrsaysturtle

"I'm still not a people person, y'know" you said, looking at Steven. He frowned; he thought he helped you co... More

Rainy Day at the Big Donut
Go with the Flow
Tickles, Flexing, and Facemasks
Karaoke Confidence
Pillow Fights and Flustered Flirts
A Fluffy Filler and Baking
Connie Visits, and Y/n Gets Bubbled
Tide Pool Passion
A Stress-Producing Bath
A Stress-Relieving Bath
Dancing in the Dome
Popcorn and Cuddles
Bigger Moment
Sundae Smooches
Turning Up the Heat
Quick Author's Note
Breakfast and a Water Balloon War
The Party and Fireflies
Y/n is not Sick

Big Day

10.9K 346 300
By rawrsaysturtle

Today is the big day, the day of the Beach City talent show. Needless to say, you were nervous as heck. You had practiced the song with Steven several times, and even added a small dance routine-to Steven's delight.

It was a couple hours until the show began, and you were finishing up your last practice at Steven's house before the performance. You laid down on the cold floor of the dome, trying to calm your hot jittery body. Steven joined you on the floor, looking over at you with a smile.

"You nervous?"

"What does it look like?" You breathed with a shaky laugh. His hand touched your elbow, trailing down your arm til he held your hand.

"Trust me, after this, you'll hardly be nervous in front of anyone... Remember that bet I made when we first met?" He asked and you nodded.

"You've already improved so much at your job. I've seen it; I've been there. If I didn't know any better, I'd say you're already a people person." He winked. You only gazed at him, knowing it wasn't true, but said nothing.

The boy stood up, lending you a hand. Pulling you off the ground, he continued,

" We should start getting ready for the show."

You headed down the stairs together, and you snatched the duffle bag you brought with you earlier, taking out your favorite summery fun dress. You ran to the bathroom, excited to get changed.

After giving your new outfit a twirl and fixing your hair a bit in the mirror, you walked out of the bathroom. Steven was waiting for you by the front door, looking out to the now setting sun.

" I'm ready." Hearing your voice, he turned immediately. Steven's eyes sparkled at the sight of you, looking you up and down.

"W-wow... Uh, you look great!" He fumbled, running a hand through his hair. You giggled in response.

"Thanks... Should we walk to the stage then?" You asked, and Steven nodded slowly, opening the door for you in a gentlemanly fashion.

Once you made it to the platform built for the show on the beach, Steven met with Sour Cream, who was managing the music and sound, to make sure your song would play correctly. In the meanwhile, you sat on the platform in the back, behind the main stage, watching the sun set.

You heard footsteps behind you and a person sat beside you.

"Show's about to start." Your heard Steven's familiar voice. You fidgeted with your hands, feeling nervous again. This is sooo out of your comfort zone. The young man gave your shoulder a gentle nudge.

"Hey, I'm gonna be with you the whole way, by the time we're both on that stage together, you're going to forget any fear you have." You smiled at his encouragment.

"Thanks, Steven."

💫

Here we go! This is it. This is it. You were waiting behind the makeshift curtain set up to cover the participants and bundles of equipment, refreshments, etc. You could hear Sadie and Shep singing one of their news songs, and the cheers of the crowd.

Despite this seeming like a big deal, the whole event was quite casual and fun, but you couldn't see it past your wall of anxiety building up. You stood, waiting til their song was over, so you could go out and.... humiliate yourself.

Suddenly, a warm hand much larger than your own, held your shaking hand. It was firm and steady, reassuring. You looked up to see Steven give you a grin and a wink.

"You're gonna do great."

( My deepest apologies if you don't like this song, I'm not writing the whole thing though, so I hope it doesn't ruin the chapter for you.  It was the first fun duet that popped in my head, and I personally like it. >.< )

It was time, Sadie and Shep left the stage after the large applaud, and you walked out to the stage. There was a microphone set up for you, so you grasped it tight. You took a deep breath looking up at the crowd, knowing the music would only begin after you sang the first line by yourself.

I promise that you'll never find another like me

The beat began instantly. You continued, eyes on the microphone in your hands.

I know that I'm a handful, baby, uh
I know I never think before I jump,
And you're the kinda guy the ladies want.
"And there's a lot of cool chicks out there!"

Your eyes widened in surprise as the crowd sang the last line with you.

I know that I went psycho on the phone
I never leave well enough alone
And trouble's gonna follow where I go.
"And there's a lot of cool chicks out there!"

You looked to Steven, waiting on the side of the stage out of sight from the crowd. He gave you a huge goofy grin with two thumbs up. You smiled at him, feeling more confident.

But one of these things is not like the others
Like a rainbow with all of the colors
Baby doll, when it comes to a lover

You winked at Steven.

I promise that you'll never find another like me e e!

You sung the chorus, standing up straight. You watched, amused, as Steven clutched his shirt over his heart with a love-stricken face, putting a hand over his forehead dramatically, To look shocked with delight.

You looked to the crowd again, finishing the chorus. You crouched a bit to be fun and silly, pointing out to the residents of Beach City.

You're the only one of you
Baby that's the fun of you
And I promise that nobody's gonna love you like me e e!

Steven, oh his dramatic self, slid out onto the stage with you, microphone in hand.

I know I tend to make it about me

The crowd cheered louder, knowing Steven was bound to sing in the show eventually.

I know you never get just what you see
But I will never bore you, baby
"And there's a lot of lame guys out there!"

He sung happily, reaching out to you. You pretended to be annoyed and taking your microphone off the stand, you turned away from him.

And when we had that fight out in the rain
You ran after me and called my name

Steven followed you as you strutted away and grabbed your hand, spinning you back to him.

I never want to see you walk away
"And there's a lot of lame guys out there!"

You both backed up a bit, turning towards the crowd with excitement.

Cause one of these things is not like the other
Living in winter, I am your summer
Baby doll, when it comes to a lover

You slowly turned toward each other.

I promise that you'll never find another like me e e!

You danced on the stage together as Steven sang the chorus, he dipped you as he sang,

You're the only one of you
Baby, that's the fun of you!

Bringing you back up he gazed into your eyes, singing as sincere as possible, almost whispering. Good thing he had a mic.

And I promise that nobody's gonna love  you like me e e!

You felt you face get hot, sensing he.. really meant it. As you sang together for the last minute, you leaned your backs on each other, bounced around the stage, and spun in each other's arms.

And I promise that you'll never another like me e e!

The crowd went wild! Even if you wouldn't be the best singers there, you and Steven brought the best energy and the people soaked it up.

You held hands as you bowed and ran off the platform together. As soon as you were out of sight Steven lifted you up in his arms with a squeal.

"That was the best we've done!" He cheered triumphantly, spinning you around in the air. You laughed.

"I know! We were awesome!!" Steven set you down, and you pumped your fists in the air. He sighed happily, his eyes on you.

"How do you feel?" He asked with a smirk.

"Great."

Hope you liked it! If you felt this chapter was a dud, you can definitely look forward to the next one 😉😉🤭

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.2K 271 16
soulmate au[ฬฒฬ…ฬ…[ฬ…ฬ… 'pourquoi es-tu destinรฉ ร  quelqu'un comme moi?' {french} why are you fated to som...
49.7K 801 19
๐—” ๐—ป๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐—บ๐—ฎ๐—น ๐—ฑ๐—ฎ๐˜† ๐—ถ๐—ป ๐—ฏ๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐—ต ๐—ฐ๐—ถ๐˜๐˜†... ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ถ๐˜€ ๐—ถ๐˜? ๐—š๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐˜๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด๐˜€ ๐—ฒ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐˜†๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ฒ! ๐—œ ๐—ธ๐—ป๐—ผ๐˜„ ๐—œ'๐—บ ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฐ๐—ฒ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ...
3.5K 111 13
You're the outcast at school. It was your 16th birthday. What happens when you find out that your soulmate is none other than the famous Steven Unive...