yellow ribbon | a harry potte...

By freeangelm

π•π”Όπ•ƒπ•ƒπ•†π•Ž ℝ𝕀𝔹𝔹𝕆ℕ || "Ιͺα΄› [Κα΄‡ΚŸΚŸα΄α΄‘ Κ€ΙͺΚ™Κ™α΄Ι΄κœ±] Ιͺꜱ α΄œκœ±α΄‡α΄… ᴛᴏ ꜱʜᴏᴑ κœ±α΄œα΄˜α΄˜α΄Κ€α΄› κœ°α΄Κ€ α΄α΄œΚ€ α΄›Κ€α΄α΄α΄˜κœ± α΄€Ι΄α΄… ᴛᴏ Κ€α΄€Ιͺκœ±α΄‡ α΄€α΄‘α΄€Κ€α΄‡Ι΄α΄‡κœ±κœ±... More

notes
acknowledgements
chapter titles/song playlist
the little princess of Egypt
the cat at the station
a missing member
a fashion disaster
in time and space
older than most
so many houses
pink smokes
it's not all fairy tales
the princess's return
hands full of chocolate
a possible rescue mission
new arrivals and delayed goodbyes
the legacy of the Marauders
not all is written on stone
address for mail
bonds during the summer
the spark for the fire
home is home when family is around
some little prejudice and a whole lot of pride
names in, new names
day and night, fire on eyes
flaming liquids of the cup
not everything you know is real, stone
a yule ball without the ball nor the yule
frou-frou on a date
don't need superpowers to be heroes
some executions to be done
cocoa, whipped cream, and cinnamon
blood of the convent is thicker than the water in the womb
due dates and family secrets
a little accessory for the dress
gowns and robes, favourable in her odds
the lost princess in her chambers
the only ghost of christmas
this might be the star of something new
the book has yet to be opened
the highway or no way
double debunking bed
you're not a spider
there are some things we can help with
if love is what you need, a soldier i will be
what truly happened that faithful night
i'm letting it go
we have to trust that the dawn will break
the last flower standing
a new soldier ready from the pitch
from another perspective
a little out of path
just a little favour
A normal day at the DA
a crack in the story
the end of the prophecy
a summer unlike any other
play the character
they're just teenagers, afterall
the prohibited ways

tea sets in the second act

187 15 0
By freeangelm

THE SECOND TASK WAS NEARING and both Cedric and Harry already knew the secret of the egg, with some little help from Wendy and Michael. This gave them a bit of time to relax; although, they still weren't aware of what was going to be the precious treasure hidden underwater. Things changed and Michael was worried her sister would be the one to end up underwater.

"I'm not going!" She reassured the brother, "Cedric has more important people in his school life right now."

The two admittedly went on a couple of dates, but Wendy always found Cedric unaffected by her presence unlike with Cho Chang in the books.

"You are so dense!" He screamed in exhaustion.

"Why is she dense?" Fred appeared out of nowhere followed by George.

"She cannot see how bad Cedric's got it," Michael explained receiving a look from Wendy, "am I wrong?"

The two looked at the girl, sitting down on the grass with her books and the coloured muggle pen they learned to call highlighter.

"Wendy is possibly the densest person I've ever met in my life," George said honestly.

"Uh," Fred brought his finger up, "Harry is too..."

"Hmmm," the brother nodded in agreement, "a tie."

Wendy sighed deeply, "I'll be fine either way."

"Even if it weren't Cedric, I would be in the competition," Michael fought, "that automatically puts you in there."

"Where there?" Fred asked, almost worried after hearing that the topic of the conversation was the competition happening that year.

The twins, so far, have been enjoying the whole Triwizard competition, even if they weren't able to be part of it themselves. Because of it they were able to pick up a few more money for their little project, and they couldn't be more excited about it.

Because of Michael's carelessness, Wendy shot a glance at him. Even if Fred and George were aware of their situation, she couldn't tell what will happen in the second task. Fortunately enough, if there was something that the twins knew well, that would be the looks shared between siblings.

"It's fine," George reassured the two, "you don't have to tell us."

"We have our mind set on something else anyways," Fred's mischievous smirk was back, and Wendy always found if so amusing as it dragged laughter after it.

Like during New Years, the two got in so much trouble for prepping the explosives and flying around the castle in their brooms. Several points were stripped from Gryffindor, but everyone was so contented that no Gryffindor regretted being part of it. Not even the twins when they were set for a month of detention.

After that night she asked all about the special event they prepared, but the only thing they would tell her was, "it's just a silly thing!"

"Alright then," Wendy said standing up, "I've got to meet with Cedric, goodbye!"

The three watched her walk away with books in hand.

"Do you like her?" Michael asked, almost out of nowhere, when he was sure that the girl was out of the range.

"What?! No!" The two said together, they stared each other surprised by each other's defensiveness. 

Michael only laughed, it seemed like Harry and Wendy weren't the only dense ones in that castle. With that, he walked away too, leaving the two behind.

"I really don't!" They said again.

"Stop copying me!"

Wendy met up with Cedric in the Library. She saw him reading a book in a far corner and sat in front of the boy. He didn't notice her presence as he was fully invested in the book. She took her time to study the boy, eyebrows frowned, eyes drifting from left to right, and hand in his hair, pulling them a little.

"Hi," she said quietly, not giving him a scare.

"Oh," he said pushing the book away, "I'm sorry, I was searching better ways to do the task tomorrow."

Wendy smiled, "don't worry too much—you'll do great."

"You can't be sure of that," he sighed, "but I appreciate it."

Cedric was still unaware of where Wendy was from. She thought of telling him, especially after the Yule Ball accident, but there was never a good time. She hated herself for lying to him. But every day that passed the harder it was to tell him.

"Cedric," she started but after looking at him in the eyes she couldn't find the words to tell him, again. "Do you like me?"

The boy seemed surprised by the sudden question and Wendy felt the need to explain herself, "I was with my brother, Fred and George and they kind of mentioned that you do... A lot—so I told them that you do... But not a lot—but it got me wondering if you do... Like me —a lot?"

The boy chuckled, "I'm kind of embarrassed," he admitted, "I guess I talked to Michael about you too much."

"You did?"

"All the time," he confessed, "and I'm sorry for never making it clear—after the second task, tomorrow—when I win," he corrected himself, "I'll make sure you know."

Those words brought pink to her cheek and she wasn't even sure what he meant by that, but  the vagueness of the sentence allowed her to think of the various scenario she could think of. She was sure that Cedric wasn't the kind of boy to do anything silly, but she allowed herself to think. 

The two spent their afternoon together, until it was time for them to have dinner.

Wendy, on her way to the Common Room,  was greeted by Hermione and Ron, who were casually walking together.

"Wendy, there you are!" Ron said, "professor McGonagall is searching for us."

"Us three?" She asked.

"Yes, we're not sure why but we were asked to go to her office right away," Hermione answered.

Wendy's mind automatically went to the second task, she didn't want to be underwater. But she knew that if she didn't go they would have found a way to get her anyways, or even worse they would have taken someone else and put them in danger. Was she what Cedric will sorely miss? Or was she Michael's?

The girl gave them a nod and followed after them. Once inside the teacher's office they noticed Gabrielle with Professor McGonagall and Cho Chang.

"Good evening," the woman greeted them, "I'm sorry to call you here so late."

"It's alright, professor," Ron said, "but why are we here?"

The woman sat down on her chair and a tea set appeared in front of them on the table, "please, have some."

Wendy stared at the cups, the steam still coming from the water and leaf mix. Her friends didn't hesitate on grabbing a cup and sipping from it, Ron even taking the biscuit that was served with it. Wendy came closer to Gabrielle, she wasn't sure show old the girl was, but she was the youngest among them, and she couldn't let her be alone.

The woman eyed Wendy, knowing she knew, "is there a problem, Wendy?"

The girl never thought she would ever feel in danger with such powerful and good witch as Professor McGonagall, but there she was, scared of sipping from her tea set. She really didn't want to do this, she had no idea how to swim in deep waters, even more with creatures unknown below her. The idea terrified her.

She knew that nothing would happen in the second task, but that was in the book. This was real life, and she would be unconscious for all of it, not being able to do anything about it if there was anything she could do in the first place. 

Different scenarios played in front of her, of things that could happen and things that has happened in the books and movies. Just like the waves of whispers she felt that last Christmas she was drowning and there wasn't any water around her yet.

Drink it.

So she did.

She grabbed Gabrielle's hand, which surprised the little girl a bit, but let it be. Gabrielle was scared being with strangers without her sister around, so a little comfort from a familiar face was actually pretty nice, and like that, she was the first to fell asleep in Wendy's arms. Ron and Hermione followed shortly after together with Cho. Wendy tried her best to keep herself awake.

"I'm sorry, Wendy," McGonagall said, "but you all will be safe. Trust in—"

Don't fight it.

So she didn't and fell also into the limbo of deep sleep.

Next thing she felt was water everywhere. Wendy woke up all wet fully clothed, and suddenly everything came back to her. The second task, she was safe. She was awake. Wendy looked around and two arms wrapped around her allowing her to float better.

"It's going to be fine," he said.

"Where are the others?" She asked.

Cedric couldn't answer as she was pulled up from the waters and madam Pomfrey hugged her with a warm blanket. Only then she realised she's been freezing with her teeth clapping and body shivering. She looked around, she saw Hermione safe with Viktor Krum by her side.

People were grouping around her and helped Cedric out too.

Fleur ran towards her shivering from fear rather than cold, "Wendy! Ave you seen er down there?"

Wendy knew who she was referring to, "I'm sorry... I was unconscious—I saw her last night," she assumes, "she was okay."

Fleur nodded a little weight off from her stomach. It wasn't nearly enough to make her feel at ease but she was better knowing Wendy was there with her.

Fred and George pushed their way to her, "Wendy!"

"What were you doing down there?!" George asked nearly furious.

"Do you like getting yourself into dangerous situations?!" Fred asked shaking her cold body.

"I'm okay," she tried saying her teeth still shaking, "it wasn't a choice..."

"You could have died!" They both said.

She just looked at them, she really couldn't have done anything and the boys knew it too but couldn't help themselves but be mad at someone. They sighed, defeated. Was this girl going to find herself in unlikely situations all her life?

Cedric was just beside her, both were sitting down on the wooden floor. Fred and George stayed around not leaving Wendy's side anymore, not even when people wanted to place new bets on whether Harry would make it or not. That was the first time she saw the twins refusing to take part of bets.

Draco, finally getting the news of who was set underwater, he searched for Wendy. He was glad to see her with Cedric and her friends, he knew she'd be okay with them, and so he decided to stay where he was, not bothering the girl from her recovery but help her instead. From afar, he set a spell on her blanket, the same he had in his covers in his bed, to warm her up—the dungeons weren't a bother for him, but it did get cold often, but he was glad his experience helped him in this occasion.

The remaining competitors were Michael and Harry, but down there there were also Ron, Gabrielle, and Cho Chang.

"What happened down there?" She asked Cedric.

"Michael was there before me," he started, "He seemed to be waiting for others to come, and not long after Harry arrived too. We were all there, not sure of how to do it. The mere people kept telling us that we could only take one person each. Michael was the one who asked me to take you out of there, and so I did. I assumed that they would follow me shortly after, but they seem to be taking their time."

Wendy knew that she was put there for Michael, and her brother knew it too. But because Cedric was dating Wendy, Michael wasn't sure if he knew that he was there to save Cho Chang instead, and because Cho seemed to be spending a lot of time with Harry, this last one wasn't quite sure who they had to save between their best friends and crush.

The whole ordeal was complicated as it was, and it just gave Wendy a terrible headache. She just wasn't sure what was keeping them both from emerging.

The time was nearing to an end and Wendy was getting more nervous. Dumbledore assured no one would die if they wouldn't resurface, but the song sang otherwise. At that point she started to understand Harry's fear and how everyone saying that his efforts were useless were actually for the best.

Two minutes from the time and Fleur was being held back by Madame Roxinne, she dropped her blanket and she was ready to jump back in the waters when Ron and Gabrielle resurfaced. Confused looks on their faces while a roar of cheers from students all around.

Everyone helped the two get up and that's when Harry with Cho and Michael reemerged from the waters with green-haired creatures around him. A few moments passed, everyone observing the scene, and the merepeople retreated to the depths of the lake.

Everyone helped out Cho Chang out of the water and Michael and Harry finally took a deep breath of fresh air. 

Fleur wrapped the sister into a hug while Madame Pomfrey put a blanket on the two. Everyone was safe, just like it was supposed to end up like, but for some reason throughout the whole task Wendy had a voice inside her head telling her to stay alert, to make sure everything was going as it was supposed to be.

Everyone was out and catching their breath and most Gryffindors celebrating for the first and second position. She told herself she could finally relax, but—

It's not the end.

notes;
who knows what actually happened down there????

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.1K 811 18
Popularity is not for the faintest of hearts. While surrounded by people y/n Freeman cannot help but feel alone sometimes. That is until third year w...
99.7K 1.6K 32
Amelia has always been a bit strange. She was almost placed in Ravenclaw for her brains but was instead put into Hufflepuff due to her kindness. She'...
843 45 22
It hadn't taken Cedric long to find out that he could break hearts with just a smile. He had never had a real relationship--he just never had the tim...
500 7 13
Voldemort is defeated, almost all Death Eaters are dead or imprisoned in Azkaban. But what to do with those whose fault wasn't fully proven? The magi...