Total Drama Ridonculous Race

By LongingForYesterday

(TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️ contains mature themes such as violence, sex, traumatic events) please have a mindset if... More

Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter four
Chapter five
Chapter six
Chapter seven
Chapter eight
Chapter nine
Chapter ten
Chapter eleven
Chapter twelve
Chapter thirteen
Chapter fourteen
Chapter fifteen
Chapter sixteen
Chapter seventeen
Chapter eighteen
Chapter nineteen
Chapter twenty
Chapter twenty one
Chapter twenty three
Chapter twenty four
Chapter twenty five
Chapter twenty six
Chapter twenty seven
Chapter twenty eight

Chapter twenty two

353 3 0
By LongingForYesterday

Chapter 22

Don's arms were wrapped around me comfortably. It was a shame. I didn't want to have to get up early to leave him like this. But my plan was in action and I had to hurry quickly before he would wake up.

I got out of bed much to my own displeasure before getting to the living room, throwing up Don's computer where everything was in Nicholas Cage design. I went to google images and printed off the many same faces of Nicholas Cage. I faxed them down to the main office floor of the building as I ran out of the room with my key in my hand, dressed in my robe and socks before hurrying down the elevator and into the printing room where I saw fifty pages of Nicholas Cage being printed. Oh thank goodness. They still had the color to them.

Grinning to myself, I sprinted back to the room upstairs with all the pages that I had cut out when I made it to the room. It was an hour before the alarm clock would go off. I hated being up so early in the morning, but man, was it so worth it. I began glueing and taping every single thing covering it in Nicholas Cage. Every single item in the fridge, every mug in the cabinet including the backside of the cabinet itself, every painting and item in the room was covered. I even did the bathroom. From a big picture under the toilet seat, to the bar of soap and shampoos, to his bag and the alarm clock itself. There was not a single thing that wasn't covered in the printed man himself. It was the only face that everyone knew.

"You don't say?"

I thought it was perfect. The perfect scheme. I loved it. I thought I had everything until I saw Don's wallet laying on the table. With a grin, I taped the pictures of his face to the outside of the ID spots, and applied it to all the debit cards as well with some cut outs stuck inside the wallet part where the cash goes in. This is pure genius. There was no possible way he could beat this. Ha! Two pranks in one. From the whole hotel room to his laptop, this was definitely the best prank I've ever pulled.

Going back in the bedroom, I got back into the bed and cuddled up next to Don to catch whatever sleep I had missed and be comforted in his arms. It wasn't before too long when he found me, his arms wrapping around me as he cuddled into my side. I smiled to myself as I fell asleep at the simplicity.

The alarm clock went off signaling it was time to get up. I didn't want to. I was still pretty tired from waking up so early. Don's hand reached over me and turned it off, leaving us alone for another couple of minutes before we actually had to wake up and get ready.

"Erin, we gotta get up," I heard say while letting out a yawn. He dipped his face into my neck where it was all warm.

"Ew your breath is warm," I said pushing away at his face. "Can you turn over and face the other way? Your breath is making me nauseous."

"Well, that hurts." Don said. I instantly felt bad for what I said, taking my arms and wrapping it around his face as I held him close to me.

"I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to be mean." I said holding him close to me.

"Erin, it's fine." Don said pulling at my hands. "Let's just get ready for the day." He sat up and got out of the bed, shuffling his feet toward the door. I couldn't help but grin to myself as he turned the doorknob and screamed upon entering. He came back up with his eyes opened wide in panic. "Erin! Why is Nicholas Cage in the toilet?"

I let out a laugh. I couldn't contain it anymore. It was so funny I started crying.

"Don't worry about it, Don. Just get ready. I'll make you some breakfast. How does that sound?" I said giving him a reassuring smile. He looked unsure, his eyebrows furrowed thinking it could be another drink. "Don't worry. I won't put anything in your food."

"You better not," said Don a little shaken up. I grinned once he closed the door behind him. I heard him pull back the shower curtain and let out another scream. I laughed again knowing he saw the other millions of Nicholas. "ERIIIN!"

I got up quickly running to the kitchen. I began making his favorite coffee and started on some breakfast. I made some pancakes and sausage. It was simple, but good enough to tweak to my liking. There was nothing deviously done to the food. I wouldn't do that. But, I did make them very small in the size of just a little bit bigger than a quarter, but I made plenty at the same time so we wouldn't grow hungry until later. It was the little things that counted.

I fixed his coffee just how he wanted it. Afterwards I put his breakfast and mine on a plate. There is absolutely nothing wrong with miniature pancakes. This was only going to get fun. I put his coffee on the table where Nicholas Cage was happily hanging out, vibing on the mug waiting to be seen. Don came out of the bathroom in a clean pair of underwear with a shirt over him. He looked all around the room, scanning everything that had Nicholas Cage on it.

"I'm actually impressed. When did you do this?" Don said as he took a seat in front of me, not even bothered by my miniature pancakes.

"Oh, this morning at 4." I said as I sat down in front of him and ate mine with plenty of syrup drowning my cakes and sausage.

"That's some dedication," said Don as he continued to eat. He picked up his coffee and nearly choked, splattering some coffee on the table and luckily not on himself once he saw the photo of the man with the bug eyes. "Okay, no more of Nicholas Cage. It's starting to freak me out a little."

"I make no such promises," I said with a laugh once I finished my food. Afterward, I got dressed for the day and brushed my teeth, taking care of my business before we had to go down to the lobby to get to our first challenge of the day.

I made it to the starting line waiting for everyone else where a few were already here. Josee and Jacques were already waiting along with the goths. José wasn't here yet. The ice dancers were training and exercising before we would begin. The goths just stood waiting to get started. Soon enough, the surfers made it as well. Geoff let out a heavy yawn making me do so as well.

"Hey, yawning buddies!" Geoff said holding out a hand for me to high five. I did so in mid yawn. "Glad you're doing better, brah. You've been seeming to be down in the dumps at first. But you're like, glowing now. What changed?"

"Yes, Erin, what changed?" I jumped hearing José from behind me as I turned around staring at him who flared intensely at me, making me insanely nervous. "Is it because you're not with your dear husband anymore? What is this 'glowing' you're receiving that I am not? Well?"

"'Kay, this is so not my business or whatever, but you need to chill, dude. You're freaking everybody out." Geoff said who got between me and him. Oh no.

"Oh, am I?" said José lowly with a glare at him getting further in his face. Geoff wasn't back down. Wow, he's so bold.

"Schyeah, bro. Calm down. It's only like seven in the morning and you're already having a crap attack." Geoff said getting peeved off.

"Crap attack?" José's eye twitched, knowing he was losing his mind. "What is this Canadian idiocy you speak of? Is it the language of stupid idiots who can't wear a shirt completely covering up his chest where his ego lies in the abs instead of his own smallish brain?"

"Dude, seriously? Let's just take it down a notch, bro. No need to be mean." Geoff said, evident that his feelings were slightly hurt.

"Me? Mean? I would never stoop so low. However, wouldn't your girlfriend Brigette be upset with you for speaking to my wife in such a flirtatious manner?" José said with a smirk, his arms crossing. He looked like he was enjoying being so mean. Being a bully. . .

"I was not flirting!" Geoff said his face slightly pink in frustration. "Dude, what are you talking about? Erin's my friend. She's your wife, dude. I would never disrespect your girl, and especially not mine."

"Is that why you chose your low-life, brainless neanderthal of a friend to be with you here today instead of your girl, then?" José said getting right up into his face before backing away with a superior stance and a horribly wicked grin, his eyes glaring intensely but with pure thrill and darkness. "Where does your true friendships lie, Geoff? Picking bros before hoes, I see just as usual from a typical white man."

"Oh, dude, you did not just go there! You wanna go, bro?" Geoff said cracking his knuckles. Oh no. This is not good at all.

"Oh I went. And I'm bringing it." José said pulling out his fists grinning wickedly.

I got between them holding out my hands for them to stop in both of their directions. Geoff's stance normalized, calming down instantly knowing I was here to stop from someone getting seriously hurt, and I knew it was going to be Geoff if I didn't step it. José, on the other hand, wasn't having it. His arm went and grabbed me by the shoulder, pushing me out of the way hard before he went to clobber Geoff. I fell to the ground, scraping my arm and hands in the process from the hard landing as my head shot up quickly with a gasp as I saw José tackling him to the ground.

"Stop! Stop it!" I shouted and got up quickly, pulling José off of Geoff who was punching the daylights out of him. I tried to pull him away by the shoulder but his hand dug into my mine swiftly, swinging me away effortlessly to the side as I fell painfully on my hip, scraping the same arm and hands again to protect myself from the hard fall. I winced with a soft cry, but I ignored it knowing that it couldn't matter. McArthur and Brody came and saw José trying to kill Geoff, running over to pull José off of him who could barely land a hit on him. McArthur managed to José up to his feet, holding his hands back behind his head in an uncomfortable position.

"Why are we fighting, bro? What happened, Geoff?" Brody asked him looking at his friend worriedly. He had a busted lip, a bloody nose, and a bruised cheek. Geoff only smiled at him before glancing at José intensely with worry and intimidation, but calm and disappointment as well. His eyebrows furrowed at him before glancing at me and noticing my scraped, bleeding arm and skinned hands.

Geoff ignored his best friend, walking up to me and inspecting my arm carefully. It was scratched up badly, the skin peeling with blood on it. It hurt a little bit but it wasn't terrible. My hands were the ones to try and protect me from the fall. The skin was peeled where actual blood came rushing through my palms a little.

"Are you okay, Erin?" Geoff asked me. His eyes showed concern and worry. The same concern than Emma showed me. Why does he look like he actually care about me?

"I'm fine. But you on the other hand. . . I'm so sorry. I didn't think he would hurt you. Your lip." I said as I touched the bruised spot where he pulled away, wincing. There was blood on my finger. I just wiped it away.

"Don't apologize for what he did." Geoff said to me with a subtle head shake. I glanced over seeing McArthur was still holding him back as he struggled against her and cursing at Geoff and McArthur in Spanish. "Were those bruises earlier from him? Does he hurt you?"

Why did I want to break down crying right now? It couldn't have been helped as my eyes watered, feeling the tears wanting to flow as my heart was breaking inside all over again. Geoff may not be considered a friend to me, but he showed genuine compassion and concern for me. I blinked, trying to disguise the tears but I was sure he noticed anyway. He pulled me in a hug and I gladly accepted it. I hugged him back, saddened that he got hurt because of my husband. He's hurt so many people. Even if it was just two. This was more than enough to realize he's not okay.

Geoff pulled away from me giving me a smile. Where is all this kindness coming from? It was like I never really expected it out from anyone anymore. Sure, there was Don. But he likes me. This was different. People actually do care for my wellbeing. Emma, Owen, Noah, Jacques, Josee, and Geoff. It was weird these people knew. But they were kind and treated me nicely. It felt so weird. . . Just to be treated as a decent human being. It was foreign to me. But it was comforting and nice at the same time.

"Hey, I don't know about you, but I'd get away from that. He doesn't seem safe." Geoff said in a whisper.

"I know," I said looking down nervously. "But I'm getting rid of this. All of it. Our marriage, everything we've ever had together. I'm throwing it all away. I'm not letting him hurt another person because of me."

"This isn't because of you, brah. He's just dangerous. And someone that dangerous who's hurting and targeting you specifically needs to be locked up. For good." Geoff said resting a hand on my shoulder. "Take care of yourself. If you need help in any way, just give me a call. No-not like that, I'm with Bridgette, but you know that. But seriously, if you ever need a friend or need to get out of a dangerous situation, Geoff's got you, man. Brody is too. And McArthur. We've got your back."

"Thank you," I said giving him a smile. He smiled at me before walking away to his teammate. Brody gasped, running up to him sharing a big hug that he was glad he was doing okay.

"We don't hurt people! Unless they follow up with a dangerous crime or steal your tacos, you don't attack another person. Seriously. I'm onto you, man." McArthur said, finally releasing him before she held out two fingers from her eyes to his in an intimidating way.

"Mujer loca. . ." José said rubbing at his neck from where she was straining him. He turned to me but I looked away quickly. I could feel him glaring at me but I ignored him.

Instead, I went over to the spot for Don to get started with the challenges. I was already ready to get this over with.

The goths got to go first thankfully as we were allowed to go second to figure out where we were going. Even just by being next to his side it gave me bad vibes in my stomach. I didn't like it at all.

I looked over at my card seeing that we were heading to Mexico. José wasn't pleased. I understood why. Out of all the Latin counties in the world, of course they chose Mexican, the most common place besides Spain and Argentina.

We all had to take a chicken bus to get to Acapulco. We got on the bus as I noticed that Geoff and Brody got a bunch of burritos.

"Could I get one off of you?" I asked them with a smile.

"Of course, m'lady," said Brody as he handed me a box of one. I thanked them before taking my seat to gorge down on the delicious bus burrito. That was oddly satisfying.

The bus ride was horrible, besides the chicken smell and the poop. It was an eighteen hour bus ride with only two bathroom stops in between. It wasn't enough when McArthur farted in the seat in front of me stinking up the place. I covered my nose.

We finally arrived at our destination. We all got out with some chickens following behind. Geoff and Brody were barely holding it in as they ran out of the bus for a needed bathroom in the bushes as they release all the burritos they've devoured. That's why you only have one, maybe two to not get on their level.

We ran to the Don box passing the two who had their insides destroyed. Gross. We reached the Don box, pressing down on the button as we received our card.

"It's an all in." I said out loud. "Who loves peppers and who loves dip?" Ooh salsa? "The canteens are filled with just enough milk to soothe the eater's burning mouth."

"I'll eat, you jump." José said. Aww but I really wanted to try some spicy peppers. I love spicy. Frankly, even if he's Latino, he's not that much into spicy foods like I was.

"But could I—?"

"No exceptions. Let's go." José said pulling me along as we went to the challenge were there were three sacks of peppers. It mattered to me because I really wanted to try the hot peppers. I couldn't eat it. I climbed to the highest top of the cliff knowing good and well José would pick the mildest one. I wasn't scared. I've dived off higher cliffs than this. Even if I was really high up in the air, this was nothing. If only José can complete it as well.

I saw Devin, even from so high up, sticking his tongue out seeing him barely touch the pepper as he started running to the lake to bury his face in the water. McArthur went and took a bunch, saying a couple of things I couldn't hear as she stuffed her mouth full of them as she grabbed the red flag. Her mouth literally breathed fire from the head. Babies. Wait, if McArthur couldn't handle it, who's to say I could? Yeah, I wasn't so sure anymore.

José was still striking up the courage to even eat the pepper. I was giving him no encouragement. He can find the will to do it on his own. Everyone started freaking out with the middle pepper too making José more nervous. Even Kitty could do it but her face was so hot. Emma still could do her dive. I face palmed, waiting for my husband.

"COME ON, DO IT ALREADY!" I shouted down below waiting for my teammate to finally do it. He cannot be this ridiculous. He'll put up a fight but can't eat a stupid pepper? Soon enough, Carrie was joining me at the top.

"You're still here?" she asked me.

"I'm waiting for him." I said pointing at José. 

"And you're not scared? We're crazy high!" Carrie said.

"Eh, don't worry about it. I've jumped off of higher cliffs. It's your boyfriend you should be worrying about." I said while pointing at her man.

"He's not my boyfriend." Carrie shook her head. "Besides, I've waited so long. I'm over it now."

"Really?" I said with a knowing smile. "He was pretty crazy to take the dive for you before he even knew how hot the peppers were, and he still tried. And I think he's starting to pay a bit more attention to you now. I don't know. But his eyes are heading in your direction."

"Really?" She said with a blush to her cheeks. I shrugged my shoulders but gave her a knowing grin. She looked back down at Devin.

"YOU CAN DO IT, DEVIN!" Carrie shouted from beside me. And I was still waiting on José.

"COME ON, JOSÉ! YOU CAN EAT THE STUPID PEPPER!" I shouted down at him. He finally got the courage and stuck it in his mouth, eating the pepper where he began to burn his tongue. I sighed. Finally.

It was an excruciatingly long way down. But I can do it. I got myself ready, and dove. It was a straight shot down immediately but softly reaching the bottom of the water and finding a canteen of milk with our tip on it.

I got out of the water, tossing the canteen to José who chugged down the milk as he casually threw off the tag for me to read.

"It's an all in. Burrowed alive." I said. Oh heck no. I am not being buried again. Oh wait. I read that wrong. Burrowed, not buried. Okay.

We ran to the next part of the challenge where we found a roundabout of burrows. Oh, great. We got on our burrows and pulled them along to our next destination.

"You were really rude back there, you know." José said.

"Well, it is the mildest pepper. You were all about it but took forever to eat it. I had the longest dive on the way down. Only two others could do that. We were above the clouds!" I said getting upset.

"Geez, temper much? What's with you? Getting all angry for no reason." José said shaking his head on the longest burrow ride ever. I facepalmed, not finding this amusing at all.

"I could say the same about you. Getting angry and trying to kill Geoff." I said next to him. His eyes flared up and stared at me intensely with a boiling rage taking over. "And see, there you go again getting all angry. You really need to calm down, José."

My cheek stung hard as my face was turned shockingly the other way. A gasp fell from my lips suddenly, my hand reaching over where José had just backhanded me. My eyebrows furrowed as I looked up at him hurt.

"Hmm I'm not so angry anymore. Thanks, Erin. You really know how to calm me down." José said with a grin being calm all over again. I looked away. Confused, I honestly didn't know how to respond to that.

"José, you —"

"Are you trying to start something, Erin?" José said getting all defensive. "Erin, come on. Don't act like that. Where's my favorite girl?

We made it to the bridge crossing where the cadets already were with their burrows. They were struggling to pull them to cross. We were cut off by the ice dancers running past us with their burrows going crazy fast like horses. Like, HOW?

"See you at the finish line, or not!" Josee said as they left them in the dust. Ouch.

We went past them as we went on to complete the challenge. Suddenly, their burrows hitched them off, running right past us with a bunny hopping idly by. Isn't that the goths bunny?

Sanders made it to the finishing line with her burrow, but her partner was behind still trying to get the animal to listen. José and I were finally the first ones in the race again.

"Congrats, newly weds! You're the first to officially arrive with both members and burrows!" Don said quickly which put a smile on my face. Well, that's finally happening again. Awesome. First place. It could be our last. Or many more. Who knows?

"Our ten minutes has to be up!" Josee said pacing the ground. Don was finding this immensely amusing.

"Actually, it isn't." Don said. McArthur was carrying her three hundred pound burrow on her back as she carried it to the finish line. Soon after, the ice dancers penalty was up as they reached third after the cadets. Emma and Kitty reaches fourth. Stephanie got here but was without Ryan.

He finally caught up with Carrie and Devin tying them in fifth place. Geoff and Brody made it before the goths before they were sent home for making it in last place. The ice dancers high fived together, making them instantly freaked out by the bunny who gave them an evil eye. Okay, what did they do to the bunny to get them eliminated?

It just sucked that we had to continue on to the next challenge so we couldn't stay in Mexico, meaning another flight to wherever we were going next and no break to spend with Don. Dang it. I'll never get to see his expression when he opens his computer.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

915K 36K 94
Briar had no idea that the relationship he was in was unhealthy. Damaging. He could barely tell that everything he was, and wanted to be, had been re...
116K 3K 121
"My whole life has always been built around my future.. and it still is but now, you're my future" Imagine you're living in your eldest sister apart...
37.4K 817 60
CW: This story generally contains ships and swearing, as well as fights and weapons, each chapter contains a bit of a warning for common triggers. [P...
68.2K 2.5K 102
"She could have died today for me, and I didn't even know her name." ------------------------- Imagine that there are no limits for you. No yesterda...