Oblivious And In Denial (taek...

By bubblewrap1009

Watch how two childhood best friends set out in search of true love, scared to be single at 30 soon, But in t... More

1. Jailhouse Rock
2. Horror Day
3. Massey
4.Why?
5. Mission
6. Other side of the Road
7. The Walking Dead
8. Testing Waters
9. Meltdown
10. Sexuality?
11. Daisy
12. Bryan Adams
13. Unleashed
14. Heimlich
15. Running away
16. Open when
17. Figured out
18. Can't sleep
19. In love with you
20. Coffee
21. Use me- Part I
22. Use me- Part II
23. How dare you?
25. Yoonmin?
26. One last time (M)
27. Little flashback
28. It was always there
29. Reconcile
31. Mr. Kim Jr.
32. A Whole Circus
33. Tae & Koo sign out

24. Forget about it

9.3K 746 618
By bubblewrap1009

"Are you ready?"

"Yeah almost. Are you?"

"Yep. I cleaned my room, washed the dishes, set the groceries you bought up on kitchen shelf before the shower and i think i look okay enough to be a plus one at somebody else's office party. Let's go!"

"Great! I'll run by the shower real quick!"

"Really you asshole? you only had one thing to do!!"

"I'll be with you in ten minutes. Go lick the doorknobs till then."

Taehyung huffed loudly and sat on the couch careful not to mess up the creases of his baby pink suit with white tie that he was despising .
It's been a good one week since the stuff that went down on this very couch. They moved past all that and he decided that he could for sure love his best friend in silence than to hurt him loud. He was glad it all has gone back to how it was.

Who was he kidding though? Everything has new meaning. It's like they're having the same ice-cream but with new chocolate chips garnished on top. And it's these chips get him all giddy but confused at the same time.

They both have never shyed away from skinship in the past but now it's all just a tad more intimate. They used to hug all the time, but not backhug each other just to say good morning. They used to sit close all the time, but not staring for endless minutes into each other's eyes with their faces only centimeters apart. They used peck each others forehead or cheeks all the time,  but not in the soft way with lips lingering on the cheek for more time than required. There were touches, when not necessary. Close proximity, when there was enough space around. There was eye contacts that made time stop. And taehyung couldn't complain about life at the moment.

Except for the fact that he had no idea what was going on in the other's head but had a gut feeling that it was better this way.

"Ready!" Taehyung didn't realize he was floating in his dreamland until a voice (his favorite voice, to be specific) startled him awake.

"Thank goodness! As if the dread of going to your office party and going through human interaction wasn't enough there's a color code?? And you on top of that have to look good in this too? Fuck you. really!" Taehyung gritted out as he saw his roommate walk out in a suit of the same color but with a multicolored floral tie.

"Would you stop acting up?" Jungkook took taehyung's hand and made him stand in front of the wall sized mirror placed by the window in the living room. He locked his arm with taehyung's as he stood up straight beside him. "Oh my god jungkook who is that handsome with you tonight? Is he single? Hellooo Mr. My name is generic desperate bitch. Can I buy you a drink? " He raised the pitch of his voice into a girl's like he always does and batted his eyelids unnaturally.

Taehyung chuckled rolling his eyes "Shutup. I would've looked better in my black suit."

"That you've wore for the last two annual parties of my. And your. And yoongi's office?"

"Your point?"

"That you look stunning. Pink is your color."

"Red will be yours when you bleed from all the sites I stab you in."

Jungkook only rolled his eys at this picking up his keys and walking to the door. "Hurry. You already took so much time in getting ready."

"Excuse me fucker? How dare you I've been read-"  taehyung was cut off when a soft peck landed on his cheek diverting him from ranting to finding ways to hide the color that filled his cheeks making them match their suits.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Taehyung's grip on his glass tightened as he side eyed jungkook being dragged on the dance floor by guess who? guess who?... Daisy.

The irritation on jungkook's face was evident but so was the helplessness.

"Everything here is so pink i wanna vomit"
A deep voice called making taehyung tear away his stare at daisy to look at a tall man in a hot-pink suit who sat at the stool beside taehyung where jungkook sat a few minutes ago, with a visible scowl painted on a very handsome face. He looked at his watch and then turned to taehyung, expression turning to a little surprised like he just saw something he did not expect.

"Sorry you looked like somebody else from the back. Are you a friend of Daisy's?  I was kidding actually, this place looks amazing. She organized this beautiful pink event all by herself y'know."

"You don't need to cover up. I'm anything but friends with her. And i bet if you vomit in this venue, whatever comes out of your mouth will be pink too." Taehyung reprimanded swirling the last sip of his pink champagne and gulped it down.

The man chuckled and placed his glass on the counter before extending a hand "Daniel. Kang Daniel."

"Kim taehyung." he said accepting the handshake.

"You with someone?"

"Jeon jungkook. The pink one that Daisy is grinding on. Or was. Where'd he go? "  taehyung furrowed his brows in confusion where the other suddenly disappeared from his site.

"Jeon. Ofcourse I know. Everyone's  favorite. Didn't know he floated both ways. Quite a talk amongst the ladies I must say-"

"Hold that thought I'll be back." taehyung got up to look for jungkook but mostly to avoid the unnecessary conversation. He walked towards the restroom bumping into many people some of who he's seen in the previous year's party eyeing him like he is a piece of pie ready to be eaten.
He released a sigh he didn't know he was holding when he entered the restroom majorly because it was the first thing he saw in hours that wasn't pink.

"I was wondering how long it would take for you to realize that I'm out of your site.  I see you found yourself someone."

"Yeah because I'm totally the type to enjoy awkward talks with people I don't know."

Jungkook smiled noting the sarcasm.
"You wanna go see my office?"

"Is that even a question? Let's go."

They intertwined thier hands and moved out of the restroom and the tacky pink halls to reach one of the office areas with a lots of cubicles and a few office rooms across from them.

Jungkook opened one of the glass doors and gestured the other to get in. "Whoa they've given you a big one i see. I'm so happy for you Koo. When do you think they'll give you a raise."

"This month, actually."

"I'm so proud of you, you know that right? "

"That's the only thing that keeps me going."

Taehyung picked up a small emerald colored frame from the table "Why is this frame empty? "

"To be filled now."  jungkook opened the drawer next to which he was standing and pulled out a polaroid camera out of it. He pulled taehyung close with the other hand turned the camera to click a picture of both.

While jungkook eyed the picture that came out turning from a blank sheet into a vivid description of the captured moment, Taehyung had his eyes on the picture perfect face he loves. Jungkook's one hand was still on his waist and one of his on jungkook's chest while the other on his back. Jungkook's breathing was stable and yet there was a visible rise and fall of his chest under taehyung's hand. Jungkook finally tore his eyes from the developed picture only to find the others already on him. He looked at taehyung who looked like he was in a daze and didn't take much for himself to get lost in it too.

Both the pair of eyes locked into each other like the many times in the past week. Jungkook's fingers moved from the waist lower to the curve of his hip in a soft touch. Taehyung yelped in surprise when suddenly the others hands went under his thighs and he was lifted up only to be placed on the table. Taehyung hardly recovered from that when a pair of lips crashed into his.

Jungkook kissed him with an urgency that taehyung couldn't keep up with. It was all tongues and teeth when jungkook pressed his hips forward between taehyung's legs, the other jolted arching his back and a moan was exhaled between one pair of pretty lips to the other.

"Jungkook are you here? "  a voice was geard from outside making both of them flinch apart .  Taehyung jumped down from the table adjusting his suit quickly.

Daisy opened the door in utmost confusion only to have it increase at the flustered site of the two.  "you never came back from the restroom? "

"Tae got his period so we came to check if there are any diapers in my office."

"okay...  what? "

"We'll have to leave, we forgot to close the faucet at home, our fish might drown."

Jungkook dragged him out of the office building the very next second to leave a confused dimwitted Daisy behind and both ran towards his car.
Taehyung could only fold his lips into his mouth to stop his laughter while this happened.

They entered the car and both of them let there giggles burst.
After a few moments of calming down taehyung looked at the other to find the look being returned.

"So... "

"Forget about it?"

"Forget about it."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Both entered the apartment after an afternoon of running errands, buying all the groceries that jungkook left from the list,  getting cars washed, etcetera.

Both were panting heavily even though they used the elevator.

"Umm... So.. "

"Forget about it?"

"Forget about it."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Jungkook turned his head back to ensure if taehyung was still following him.  When he saw the other coming right back up whilst adjusting his shirt, he pulled the chair out for him and went across the table to sit in his own.

He gestured for the waiter "Excuse me! Yes, could I have a refill and the desert menu please." When the waiter left after bowing, jungkook turned to taehyung who was chugging his wine down. "So tae... "

"Forget about it?" Taehyung sheepishly smiled at the other like he's been doing for the past month and chugged down the wine that was refilled again.

Jungkook clenched his fist under the table but plastered a smile on his face like he always does and nodded. "Forget about it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello. Thank you for a 100 reads.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 52.8K 86
Being a single parent that too at a young age of 18 years is really a hard thing. Jeon Jungkook,18 years old photography major is talented and known...
109K 9.4K 70
❝ how could i hate him? he's such an angel but then again, kinda wish he were dead. ❞ ー pjm - where park jimin pens down the l...
610 55 18
"You're like the sun in my life. It feels like you've always been there. You're this consistent element I would never want to lose. Even at night, in...
325K 15.7K 53
Taehyung and Jungkook are childhood bestfriends. They love to hang out with each other. Night outs, parties , sleep over they are never alone. Taehy...