21. Use me- Part I

Two weeks have passed. It's all awkward. They've hardly exchanged any words apart from "when will you be home?" "come have breakfast" and "are you leaving again? " . 

Taehyung keeps doing what he decided he'd do. Whenever he's not at office he's at Laurie's crying about how he is ruining everything with jungkook but there's no other option since only distancing himself will make him fall out of love. Or so he thinks.

Deep inside everything he wants to run away from, only grew and grew. 

Laurie has been nothing but supportive. Taehyung can place a bet on the fact that the younger makes hands down the best chamomile tea and gives amazing advices to go with it.

It was weekend and taehyung sits at the corner of his neatly made up bed and dreads how he's already up meaning it's his turn to blast music in the house but he doesn't even know if jungkook wants him to do that since he's the one not acknowledging his existence.

He's in the middle of this absurd thought when all of me by John Legend  starts playing. A smile creeps onto his chubby cheeks and he gets up and makes his way towards the living room.

"Good morning Tae"

"Morning Koo."

"You've showered. You woke up first."

"I was not in the mood for music"

"Okay."

Taehyung's ridiculous plan only became stronger and stronger because jungkook never questioned his change in behavior. This only made the other sure of the one- sided-ness of this ordeal, not that he expected something to begin with.

"Come sit with me. "

Taehyung went ahead and did the same, slightly surprised by the sudden demand.

"I talked to Sabrina yesterday." Jungkook said in a hushed tone knotting and unknotting his fingers together.

"Your mom?" Taehyung eyes were a size that might engulf the entire house because that is how shocked he was to hear this. Never had jungkook talked to his mom willingly after all went down when they were seventeen. Only a few times when taehyung forced him to.

"Yeah. You're never home , Hosoek and Yoongi are on their trip to bora bora, Jimin's way of consoling with scotch on the rocks wasn't really working and she just happened to call in a weak time when I needed to talk to someone."

If taehyung didn't hate himself until then, now he did for sure. It hit like a truck how he's been so engrossed in tsunami of his jumbled feelings wanting to distance himself that he forgot what impact it might have on the innocent boy who did nothing to deserve that ignorance of someone who foolishly fell in love with him.
Taehyung was so stuck at the idea that he will be a failed lover that he failed at something he was good at. Being a friend.

"Koo I am so sorry. Please tell me what's wrong. Talk to me now if I'm not too late. Please."

"You are late. But I don't blame you. It's fine now."

"No baby please tell me. I insist." taehyung takes both of jungkook's hand in his own and brings them to his chest and held them there. He felt absolutely terrible but he can't even appraise what the other must be feeling.

"You wouldn't wanna know Tae. But sabrina gave me good adv- is that a tattoo on your wrist?" jungkook incontinently changed eyeing the little dandelion and it's splattered untidyly on taehyung's wrist.

"No,  Laurie drew it with a marker. See. I didn't shower before going to bed yesterday. It was too late." Taehyung said as he extended his hand in front of jungkook.

"Are you in love with him?"

"What-"

Cut off mid sentence both of them jumped from the rather harsh press of the doorbell, jungkook's hands set free in the process. The said boy got up to open the door and found an unfamiliar but cute lad standing with the brightest smile on the other side.

"Can I help you?"

"Is Taehyung home? "

"And you are?"

"Oh hey Laurie!" Taehyung's voice was heard from behind jungkook making him turn to see taehyung smiling while striding towards the door.  "What brings you here?"

"The file you accidentally took with you last night?"

"I was going to drop it at yours later. But come in please." taehyung smiled gesturing the other towards the couch.

As soon as Laurie settled himself on the couch jungkook sat across from him with a deathly glair and taehyung ran to his room to get whatever Laurie had come for.

"You were literally with him every single day of the last two weeks, couldn't you let him be for like two days?  You- you youngsters are too clingy." Jungkook said keeping his voice low but not even trying to conceal one drop of venom that flowed with it.

"I know it was you who sent the texts from Tae's phone. I'm not stupid." Laurie replied with as polite a voice he could. Smile not leaving his face for a second.

"Its Taehyung to you. Well guess what? i don't like you."

"I'm not very thrilled at the idea of you either. Taehyung deserves so much better than you." the smile, still there which now correlating with the hatred of his words, seemed so creepy.

"And what does he deserve? A clingy teenage lover boy?" Laurie's smile finally disappeared at this but before he could retort back taehyung enters the room with a green colored folder in his hand.

"Found it!"

"Thanks hyung. I have a lot of pending work so I'll probably see you next week. Okay? "

"Kay." Taehyung smiled and Laurie went on his tip toes to peck his cheek but eyes directed towards jungkook. He bid goodbye and left.

"I don't want you to see him. "

"What?  Why?" taehyung was shocked beyond belief at how could someone not like the bubbly boy.

"You've had me forbidden from so many girls and I never cross-question. This is the first time I'm asking you to."

"I've always given good a reason as to why. You give me one. I will oblige."

"He-.. No I-i don't. N-not- um... What if he's using you?"

Taehyung chuckles sarcasticly at that
"Koo, if anything it's me who's using him."

"Then use me."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

This was part one of two. I'm so excited for part two even tho no ones reading this 😂 haha

Bye bye 👋