HIDDEN PROPHECY. (SEQUEL to D...

By ChaeWinacott

Embrie has grown from an infant to a young lady in no time at all. She resembles her mother and father, and i... More

Copyright.
Thought One. - Mr. Sexy sounding.
Thought Two. - Odd.. but nice.
Thought Three. - Party Hardy.
Thought Five. - A name to the eyes.
Thought Six. - Honey, I'm Home!
Thought Seven. - Coffee date.
Thought Eight. - Clunk.
Thought Nine.
Thought Ten.
Thought Eleven.
Thought Twelve.
Thought Thirteen.

Thought Four. - Midnight Eyes.

304 12 2
By ChaeWinacott

I should be thanking him for bumping into Kirk, even if his drink did end up on me.

            “Sorry about that bud, it’s pretty crowded in here. Didn’t see you there.” The mystery guy says to Kirk.

            “Well look where you’re going next time!” Kirk replies. His back is still towards me, so I can’t see the expression on his face. But I’m almost certain that it’s a nasty one.

            “Oh, I’ll make sure of it. Any-who… I’m actually only here looking for someone.” The mystery guy says, smirking again.

            “Oh yeah?” Kirk inquires, sarcastically.

            “Yeah. You might know her. Her name is Embrie…” I can feel my eyes bulging out of their sockets. Why is he looking for me?

            I don’t even know this dude.

Why would Mr. Tall and Handsome be looking for me?

There’s got to be another Embrie at the party, because this guy hasn’t even looked in my direction.

“Yeah, I know her. She’s right behind me, man.” Kirk turns around, looking right at me, a questioning look on his face. I just stare at him and shrug my shoulders.

“Uh, hi?” I say looking towards both men. But the mystery guy looks right through me, as if I’m invisible. Then he looks back to Kirk, an angry expression rising.

“I don’t know what your problem is man, or what it is you take me for… but there’s no one behind you.” He says, running his fingers through his luscious dark-brown hair.

No one?

Am I invisible? Really?

“What are you talking about?” Kirk questions, incredibly confused. But the mystery guy has already turned around, and has started to walk into the kitchen.

Kirk turns back to me, his expression back to being its regular cocky, confident way.

“That guy must be on some serious shit. Anyways… where were we?” He says, winking at me. I cringe, and back myself into my little corner.

“Emmy! There you are! I’ve been looking for you!” Blake.

Thank the Lord.

He comes in between Kirk and I, and places his hand around my waist. I give him a grateful smile, that I imagine probably reaches my eyes.

“Perfect timing.” I whisper in his ear.

“Anytime.” He says, playfully winking at me.

“Uh, Blake? I was kind of talking to Embrie…” Kirk taps Blake on the shoulder, and I laugh as Blake just rolls his eyes.

“Oh! I’m sorry! We were just leaving though… your party is kind of lame.” Blake says, making my jaw drop in awe.

No one ever talks to Kirk like that.

Kirk seems to be as shocked as me, because as Blake gently leads me past him and towards the exit, I notice Kirk’s eyes glazing over and his mouth hanging open.

“He’s going to catch flies if he keeps his mouth open like that for much longer.” I say, making both Blake and myself laugh hysterically.

We get to Blake’s little car, and he grabs a sweater from his backseat, handing it to me. I take it smiling, putting it on and enjoying the rush of warmth.

“Thanks.” I say, looking into his warm, calming eyes.

“No problem, it’s cold out here.”  He shrugs.

“Not just for the sweater, but for leaving Stacey to recue me from Kirk. I really didn’t want to have to talk to him.”

“Oh. Well Stacey was being a pain… and I like being your hero.” He smiles, taking my hand in his and intertwining our fingers.

Blushing, I look at the road as we walk down the street.

What does this mean?

We’ve never been so intimate before. Even if we are just holding hands… Does this mean something? I’m so bad at this stuff…

“Where are we going?” I suddenly ask, just realizing that we are getting further away from the car.

“Well I’ve been drinking, and so have you. So we can’t drive anywhere.” He says, matter of factly.

“Oh, right.”

“So I can walk you to your house, and then I will walk to mine.” He squeezes my hand a little, and I turn to smile at him.

“Okay, thanks…again.” I stare at the road again as we walk.

My house is only about ten minutes to drive to from Kirks, but walking it’s about twenty minutes. Blake’s house is only down the street from mine. So it’s not really that big of a deal. He will probably just come back to Kirk’s house in the morning to get his car.

We make it to my house, and suddenly a wave of relief washes over me. For some reason I was so nervous walking home, Blake’s hand in mine. I still have my head facing down, my eyes trained on the sidewalk.

“Well, goodnight.” I say, trying to rush away from him. But he just yanks my hand back, not allowing me to go up my porch steps.

“Em, look at me.”

He’s going to see my red cheeks.

“…Embrie?” His voice is almost desperate.

I crack.

Looking up, my eyes meet his. Instantly I am melting from his intense stare, and am fully aware of his body getting closer to mine. Never breaking eye contact, he reaches out to me, placing both of his hands on my waist.

What’s going on?

His face inches closer and closer by the second, and I can’t seem to break from his hypnotizing gaze. I feel his breath on the tip of my nose, the heat of it giving me shivers from surprise. My whole body heats up, as my mind scatters all over the place.

Why is he so close to me?

What is he doing?

Why does this feel so good?

A gentle caress on my lips breaks me out of my trance, and I realize that he is kissing me.

Kissing me.

I squeal in surprise, but he keeps kissing me. I finally let go, and place my arms around his neck. I start to kiss him back, relaxing into it – but at the same time, getting incredibly worked up. He nibbles at my neck, making me moan out in surprise. I feel myself losing control, but right as I feel it, he breaks our kiss and distances himself from my shaking form.

“I’m sorry!” He quickly exclaims, shoving his hands nervously into his pant pockets.

“It’s, uh… okay.” I smile sheepishly at him. “Well… goodnight?” Not knowing what else to really say, or do I start walking up the stairs of my porch.

“Goodnight Emmy. See you on Monday!” He says, before turning around and walking down the sidewalk towards his house. I nod, and send him a quick wave from over my shoulder. 

What. Just. Happened?

Did that actually happen? Maybe I hallucinated…

I quietly walk into my house, closing the door behind me trying to be as quiet as humanly possible. The last thing that I would want to do is wake mom up. I make it up the stairs and into my bedroom safely, and all I can think about is getting out of this fabulous dress – and into warm and comfy pajamas. Once I’m done freshening up, I take off my ‘protection’ necklace, and tuck myself into bed.

Ah, so warm.

As I try to doze off, all of the night’s events pass through my mind.

Blake’s lips on mine, our fingers intertwining, his gaze melting me to the core and making me feel things that I’ve never felt…

And the midnight eyes.

The stranger looking for me, and at the same time; ignoring me.

What was that about anyways? He obviously couldn’t have been looking for me, because I was right in front of him the whole time, and he didn’t even see me.

Maybe that’s a good thing.

Although he was Mr. Tall and Handsome, he also held a mysterious and dangerous essence to him; that was uncontrollably luring.

Who is that guy?

I’ve never seen him around school, and I definitely would have remembered a face like his… Oh, not to mention a body like his…

Dammit!

I just had a romantically – awkward experience with Blake, and here I am thinking about Mr. Tall, Dark and Handsome.

I vigorously shake my head in shame of myself, and set my mind on sleeping. That’s all I need, a good night’s rest.

As I close my eyes, feeling myself drifting off once and for all, I smile to myself as the midnight eyes coax me into a sleep-induced coma. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 309 23
UPDATIONS: Completed NOTE: Story is in journal format "And by prophecy shall it be revealed... Two made by the bond of the halfling's blood... Shall...
446K 21K 56
One night, a young man wakes up in an empty room. He looks around, but he doesn't recognize his surroundings. Where is he? Why is he here? Who is he...
744 168 77
Sometimes love lasts forever. If people are determined enough, and have one hand on the pulse of destiny that permeates the universe, it might be pos...
222K 6K 79
A dark prophecy follows Sofia Gilbert all the way to New Orleans where more danger awaits her. She was promised a life of adventure and that's just w...