My Dear Deadly Husband

By cheddamoon

Roseline Lewis' life takes an unexpected dark turn after a one-time meeting with the influential CEO, Keenan... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chpter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50

Chapter 51 (Final)

5.2K 100 30
By cheddamoon

.

.

.

Rose stared blankly at the white sheet covering Finnigan's body.

She could make out his small figure through the shadows, the silhouette of his outline.

Her mind was empty, null of any feeling. Her limbs felt numb, she couldn't even feel herself breathing. 

Or maybe that was a better option. If she too wasn't breathing, could she meet him on the other side?

"Come on," Keenan whispered, gently putting his arms around her shoulder.

Rose walked dazed as Keenan led her out of the room.

Images of Finnigan suddenly popped up in her mind and she felt herself choke.

She instantly fell to the ground, her limbs lying beside her. 

"No," she jerked, staring emotionless into the ground.

She suddenly began sobbing into the ground, her hands clenched beside her while her face was against the floor.

"No," she wept loudly.

She banged her fists against the cold tile, not feeling a thing. 

She kept hitting the ground, hitting it and hitting it until she saw blood draw from her knuckles.

Keenan instantly bent down next to her and grabbed her arms to stop her from punching the ground. 

He silently lifted her up and held her in his arms while hugging her closely.

"It's okay," he whispered, quietly rocking her. "You're okay."

She wailed into his chest, clenching tightly onto his shirt with hands that were on the verge of turning red. 

"He's gone," she screamed into his chest.

Keenan held onto her tightly like he was holding the pieces of a broken vase together, and then sealing it with a gentlw kiss on top of her head.

"Let's go take a seat somewhere," he mumbled into her hair.

He quietly led her towards the cafeteria where other patients and visitors were sitting, maybe waiting for their unlikely death too. If a hospital seemed gloomy before, it didn't compare to how it looked now.

The walls were painted like a dull sky and the windows were shut tight like a jail cell.

There, Keenan put her to a seat in the corner and went off to get her something to drink. All the while, she was shakily staring into her lap without a word.

It seemed like only yesterday that she and Finn were playing together in their house. He would smile at her every so often, even for the most simplest thing, and she would felt her heart lighten at every upturn he gave.

But now, now she won't be able to see that smile. She won't see the same bright boy that she used to wake up everyday. No more playing together, no more snack times together, and certainly not more fixing up his buttons.

The gloomy thought suddenly downed on her already heavy shoulder worth of grief, making her break down into a fit of shaky breaths and clenched hands.

As she frustatedly tried to wipe her eyes with the back of her hand, out of the corner of her eyes, she saw something glowing iridescently in the distance; a green glowing sign from the corner of the room.

In a heavy daze, she eyed it for a few hazy seconds and realised it was a sign that directed one to a flight of stairs.

'The roof?' she concluded blankly.

Subconsciously, she got up from her seat and started trudging towards the sign with a slight heavy sway to her walk. When she got to the foot of the stairs, she looked up and saw that three flights of stairs were above her.

They seemed never-ending, a sort of optical illusion type of stairs. At the same time, they seemed to draw her in like a spiral made for hypnotism.

Without a second thought, she soon found herself climbing up these stairs aimlessly. Normally, she would have become tired after the first few, but for some reason she didn't feel anything; like being caught in a trap, she couldn't escape it.

Her legs seemed to just float upwards, leadinv her up to what seemed like forever, until she reached the top of the stairs. There, two large metal doors stood over her like guardians of a gateway to heaven.

At the door, she pushed it open, expecting it to be hard, except the door opened so easily that it was as if a the slightest touch if a feather could swing it. Instantly, she felt a harsh breeze slice through her.

She closed her eyes, letting the wind come through. She then carefully opened her eyes before cautiously stepping out.

Right away, the glare of the sun pierced her skin, making her flinch. It was so sunny—too sunny for her liking.

While in a blank state, she started dragging herself over to the ledge of the roof and looked down where the busy streets were rumbling in a distant buzz.

She caught clusters of people on their phones swiping aimlessly, taxis waiting around, teens laughing loudly at their friends. All the people down below, all their lives that were being lived normally.

Somehow, she was jealous. That was all she wanted. Why wasn't she allowed that? To have a stable job, buy a house, build a family.

Instead, what they had given her a was a weird tangled mess of those things. Getting forced to marry, raped, then losing both of her children.

Since when was life this unfair?

Without realising, she suddenly found herself at the top of the ledge, standing on top of it while looking down at everything that seemed normal to anyone.

She wished she could start over.

She wished she could just forget everything.

She wished she never met him.

Expressionless, she slowly looked up into the sky and closed her eyes. Then, ever so slowly, she let the weight of the world pull her forward. As she felt the air fly through her hair, she could faintly hear someone calling for her.

She didn't know who, though she had an idea. When she closed her eyes, she heard that one last voice resonate in her mind.

Unfortunately, it seemed that her final memories would be of his voice, screaming her name in the distance.

"Rose!"

Really, she hoped she wasn't dreaming because she didn't wake up anymore.
.

.

.

"So, you must be Roseline Lewis?" he raised an eyebrow.

She furrowed her eyebrows in surprise, "How did you know?"

"We sponsor your company," he smiled. "Of course I know about the owners daughter. Which, I almost forgot, my name is—"

Suddenly, she felt an odd sense of nostalgia that electrified her nerves and ran up her spine.

What was it? It was uncomfortable, as if she's lived through this before.

She found that her mouth had moved on its own, and before the mysterious handsome man introduced himself, she had already answered it for him.

"—Keenan Sinclair," she whispered.

Keenan looked at her with surprise written on his face.

"So you've heard of me?" he asked curiously.

Rose snapped out of her daze. Why did she just answer that? She's never met him before in her life, let alone ever heard about him.

"I guess so," she murmured, slightly confused.

"You're pretty good at guesses then," he smirked amused.

As soon as she saw that smirk, her legs felt like jelly. Her mind flipped a switch that told her it was dangerous, like her mind had seen it before.

Whatever she was feeling then, it made her shudder in fear. Though it was the first time she interacted with him, she acted like she knew what was going to happen.

Suddenly, her mind moved almost instinctively. "I-I have to go now," she murmured, oddly rushing to get out of the situation.

"So soon?" he asked, concerned.

Rose bit her lip nervously and for some reason, her mind was telling her to get out as soon as possible.

"Yes, I'm sorry," she apologised while slowly stepping backwards.

Suddenly, she found herself turning towards the door and quickly walked towards it.

What was she doing? This wasn't like her at all. She never got this nervous in front of strangers.

But oddly, she knew this wasn't nervousness. It was something else. Like those unconscious habits that overtake you during routine. But was it exactly?

"Roseline?" her dad called out from behind her.

She turned around to face him and again, a feeling that came within her made her feel like crying.

"Dad," she said, almost about to cry.

"What's wrong, sweetie?" he asked in concern while walking towards her.

Rose froze, what was she supposed to say? She couldn't exactly tell him she felt as though she's lived through this before and needed to run. She would be called dramatic and crazy by her dad. He definitely wouldn't believe her, but honestly, she wouldn't either.

"I feel a little sick so I'm going to go home," she mumbled nervously.

"Sick? Are you okay? Want me to call your mother?" he asked worriedly.

He put a hand on her forehead and the soothing touch of his hand instantly made her feel calm.

"I'm okay," she mumbled, closing her eyes while placing her hand on his.

"You sure? We can leave if you want," he suggested.

"No," she said shaking her head, "I'm fine. You go enjoy. I'll just head back myself."

"You sure?"

Rose nodded with a smile before turning her dad around and kissing his cheek.

"See you," she smiled.

Her dad looked at her weirdly before sighing and shaking his head at her.

Was she too childish? She felt as though it was her first time doing that in years. Though when she said that, she sounded like she had lived for ninety years already.

As she watched her dad walk back to his comrades, she slowly turned back around towards the exit and exhaled slowly.

Was she dreaming? Is that why everything felt so oddly familiar? But then, who was Keenan? She had never met him before.

People say that people dream of others they've met before. Even if you feel like they're strangers, chances are they've probably met them sometime within their life without realising. Was that what was happening to her?

If so, then she wished she could wake up quicker and live tomorrow already. She didn't want to be stuck in here, she had things she wanted to do.

So quickly, she rushed out the doors and ran outside with her tall heels clacking on the concrete.

People were looking at her weirdly, but she didn't care. She had an odd sense of wanting to suddenly go home.

"Mommy!"

Rose froze in her spot, hearing the word being called out to her clear as day. But she was not a mother. Was she hearing things now, too?

"Mommy, it's me!"

'I'm not a mother,' she frowned looking around for the voice.

Unfortunately, she couldn't find the source of the voice at all. What happened? She heard it so clearly too. It couldn't have been in her head. It sounded so real, and oddly familiar too.

She stood there for several seconds to wait for the voice to call out once more but it never came. Those times where once you look for something, it doesn't appear kind of moments. It trapped her in a frustrating confusion.

To bring her to an even more confused state, she heard the doors slam open behind her and whipped her eyes around to see what it was.

"Rose!" Keenan shouted from the doors.

She looked around not realising he was talking to her. Since when were they on a nickname-basis? She hardly knew him.

"Rose," he said once more, gaining her full attention.

She froze in her spot and felt the wind pick her hair up and tangle it around her face. Before her world feel dark, as if in slow-motion, she saw through the slip of her hairs, that he mouthed a series of words.

Widening her eyes in surprise, she stared at him in shock.
.

.

.

The end.

.

.

.

//That is the end of My Dear Deadly Husband!

Thank you for sticking with me all the way until the end.

If you have any questions about general plot holes, change in storylines, or what happened to the characters after the ending, please leave a comment here and I'll respond to it. I'd also love to hear some theories! 

Thank you again to those who read this story. Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas 🎄. Hope to see you again in my next story!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.4K 591 21
Theo's wife is soooo back and soooo pregnant... Theo's so NOT singleeeee Disclaimer: 20 chapters only
575 48 37
He walked around blaming himself for what happened. Fear was the only thing that ruled his life. Then he meets her. The meeting was unexpected but it...
278K 9.7K 37
Read.
8.1K 209 45
Rosaline Anderson, CEO of Rose Fashion made her name from scratch. After losing her parents in an accident, she became cold towards the world. She hi...